frenchfancy's battle of the bulge diary

frenchfancy

Firstly I shall introduce myself. I am 48 years old, female and have been overweight for most of my adult life. I have done almost every diet going I am sure. I am a compulsive overeater and have enormous secret binges and usually hate myself whilst eating on a binge. I have decided that enough is enough and I have to make some positive changes to my lifestyle. I will be fifty next year and am setting myself a year to rid myself of my extra 5 stones. I was fat at forty and do not want to repeat that at 50.

I have a very supportive husband, so I'm sure that will help me. I live in rural france and so access to slimming clubs is almost non existant. I have decided that I am going down the route of diet and exercise and have started to do the Rosemary Conley inch loss plan. I have started attending 2 exercise classes a week that comprise of 30 mins zumba and 30 mins yoga. My husband has also set me up with an exercise studio in the garage where I can do 2 x rosemary conley salsa dvds per week in private without being self conscious about all my wobbly bits.

I was in UK last week as my dad had been ill in hospital and was all set to get stuck into my new lifestyle on my return yesterday; however I flew in friday and friday evening started to feel unwell. I now have a horrible cold, fever, achey and sore throat so have been unable to start exercising as I have spent most of the last 2 days in bed. But I have started the eating plan, so altho I am not well enough to exercise my hubby has been making my planned meals and bringing them to me and generally pampering and looking after me. I'm very lucky!

One of my good friends has undergone bariatric surgery last week and we are roughly the same size so we are going to encourage each other along the way and see how we both fare. Tho I do think her losses will be better and quicker than mine. I will try to report in daily with my trials and tribulations of my journey to rid myself of this weight for the very last time.

Well done on the 6lbs and keep it up xx

Good morning diary and anyone who wishes to read my rubbish lol. I think I am on the mend now tho still very snotty and headachey, but am over the worst of it (she says with fingers crossed).

My menu today following Rosemary Conley
Breakfast small glass orange juice, special K and low fat yog instead of milk (I do not do milk)
snack small piece watermelon
Lunch small brown roll with philly extra light and smoked salmon & salad
snack medium sized pear
Dinner basil & tomato stuffed chicken with mixed salad. meringue nest with 25g grapes and lf yoghurt

I am definately not yet up to embarking on exercise so shall take it easy and rest, maybe read some of my new book and stick some washing on. So definately not an exciting day. Hubby will be taking the dogs out too as I dont think I'm even fit enough for that.

Shame that you haven't been feeling well I got a really bad flu just as we were flying out to Greece on holiday it was the worst I felt weak and terrible the heat didn't help :( I bought a rosemary Conley book a few years ago but I couldn't hack it though sometimes I use it for the recepies in the back. How are you finding it? X

Hi Fiona, I am finding it really good. The food tastes good even with a horrible cold and I had been doing the exercise dvds for a few weeks before my trip to england and tho I look like a boiled beetroot when I've done it I have to admit that I enjoy it. I have a selection of her dvds so I am going to mix them up weekly so I dont get fed up with them. I do tend to graze thru the day and so with regular snacks this plan does seem to be suiting me so far.

That's great so long as you are finding it suits then nothing else matters. I have a couple of DVDs too but most days I'm too tired nobody told me how exhausting toddlers were my daughter is like a whirlwind all day then when it's her bedtime I flop on the couch and put on trashy tv. I do however walk a lot as I don't drive :) maybe walk off few lbs ?? X

walking is definately good exercise and it all helps. I remember how tired I was when my son was little, I was permanently exhausted. He's now 22 so seems a lifetime away but I do still remember. Make the most of any naps she has and get your head down if you can and accept any offers of help it keeps you sane. How are you progressing with your weight loss?

I nap with her in the afternoon and take advantage of her morning sleep to do laundry etc. my family are all in Africa with the exception of one cousin who does help when he's here he lives hour and half away. I'm doing ok started in November at 12.11lbs now I'm 11.7 lbs for the first few months I wasn't very focused so lost the majority of weight since April. I'm following slimming world with a friend.x

congratulations on your loss so far and so long as it is coming off that is what matters. I did slimming world some years ago but I am greedy, so free food wasn't restricting me enough and I ate healthily but too much so didnt lose weight doing it. Anyway keep up the good you are well on your way now. :)

so far so good, still feel rough but definately helping me to stick to the eating plan. I have been really lazy and just lounged about watching tv, equestrian olympics, diving and now mens gymnastics so does that count for my exercise today as I'm worn out watching them lol. I still think that armchair olympics is all that will be on the cards for tomoorws exercise too as I really dont want to rush myself and set myself back.

Good morning diary, I feel so much better this morning, not quite 100% but a big improvement; so still armchair olympics for exercise today. I got up and left hubby sleeping this morning, bless him. He's been up first for the last 2 weeks and cared for all the animals whilst I was back in UK and then when I got home because I was so poorly. So today I thought I'd leave him to sleep in. So far I've had the dogs out for half an hour, fed the chickens, fed the dogs and cats and have now settled down with a coffee. I think I feel well enough to go out tonight with our friends to the farmer's market. They run throughout the summer over here and are great fun. You buy raw meat, kebabs, sausages, steak or whatever you want, take it to the BBQ and have it cooked then buy salad or chips etc, drinks, fruit, cheese and sit at tables in the market square to eat. Usually there is live music on too, so a good night out. It should be easy enough to stick to plan and have some meat and salad with mineral water (I never drink alcohol anyway).

My food planned for today is
Breakfast museli & yoghurt
Snack water melon
Lunch 2 small scrambled eggs, 2 small toast, grilled toms and mushrooms
Snack nectarine
Dinner meat & veg kebab with salad

I felt well enough to go out last night with hubby and friends to the farmer's market in the next village. It's a great night out. There are about 20 different stalls selling fresh meat. kebabs, salads, chips, different breads etc, locally produced wines. You choose your meat and take it to the BBQ to be cooked then buy chips etc to go with it. There is a live band and dancing too. Well I was so proud of myself I had a small piece of fillet steak and a lean lamb and pepper kebab with a huge green salad and 5 cans of perrier water. I avoided the chips and bread and even managed to avoid the desserts but had a yoghurt when I got home as I hadnt had enough milk intake for the day. I felt very virtuous and even sneaked on the scales this morning to be amazed at 6lbs loss so far. I have not updated my ticker as its not really my weigh day until saturday.

It is market day in our town this morning so shortly I am off to walki into town to buy some fresh fruit and some veg for stir fry for tonights dinner. I also plan to meet up with a friend for coffee whilst avoiding the cakes.

My food plan for today is:
Breakfast small glass orange juice, spekial K & yoghurt
Lunch small brown roll with chicken & salad
snacks melon & nectarine
Dinner chinese salmon steaks with stir fry veg, yoghurt

I managed the walk into town, round the market and back without a problem, so I decided to attempt a RC salsa dvd to see if I would be fit enough to restart zumba in the morning. I was ok for about 50 mins then got lead legs but struggled thru, so I think zumba is back on tomorrow. I have been following the eating plan and using recipes from this months RC magazine and have really been enjoying the variety, plus being a keen cook I like to prepare from scratch.

SO I am feeling very virtuous today and still very motivated. I would love to lose weight as well as my friend who has undergone the gastric sleeve surgery without the pain and deprivation that she will have to go thru.

Today is another day and I feel fantastic :) I was up and about early. Went to zumba followed by yoga and was wringing wet when I'd finished, but they do say that sweat is fat crying, so cry baby cry lol. It was a big class today but I still worked as hard and enjoyed every minute of it. I dont care that I am the biggest there and end up looking like a sweating beetroot; hopefully I will soon start to look leaner and then maybe not get quite as hot as I get fitter and slimmer. We all then went to the local bar and had coffee and a chin wag; so it was a lovely morning. I am planning some washing and ironing this afternoon so may try to do some dancing whilst stood at the ironing board.

My food plan for today is
Breakfast small glass orange juice, small brown toast & poached egg
snack nectarine
Lunch tomato & asparagus pasta, yoghurt
snack strawberries
Dinner roast chicken breast, carrots, broccoli, new potato and low fat gravy, yoghurt

I have to go for a bone density scan tomorrow morning so my exercise will have to wait until the afternoon. I have early osteoporosis so the weight bearing exercise should help my bones and the scan is just to see how the disease is progressing. My legs are a litle on the achey side this evening but not too bad. Do you know I could get to like this exercise lark for the first time in my adult life and only 2 more sleeps until my official weigh in; I am looking forward to that too, which is a first.

Got back from my bone scan and tho they have deteriorated, they've not got a lot worse since starting medication a few years ago; so positive really and exercise will of course help.

I am not doing a RC dvd today I am going to take the dogs for an ultra long walk as they have been on their own all morning and they need some stimulation so I am going to take them on a walk that I dont do that often because its so long. But I think they deserve the treat today and of course it is all good exercise for me too.

My food plan today is:
Breakfast Special k and yoghurt, small glass orange juice
Snack nectarine
Lunch roast chicken and stuffing with salad on small brown roll, yoghurt
Snack fruit salad of strawberries, grapes, kiwi & melon
Dinner Beef Provencale, mashed potato & green beans, yoghurt & mini meringue

Back