Frequently asked syn values! Pasta 'n' Sauce? - find it here!

Hi. Could anyone tell me if the Tesco packet pasta's are free as well? In particular I tend to eat the chicken, garlic and wine one. It's delicious so really hoping it's not to awful in syns!!

Thanks so much x

Ok, so last week my consultant told us that NONE of these pasta n sauces are free anymore. Gutted doesn't even come near to describing how I felt, can someone please clarify are they or aren't they free??? I know some of them are synned but I always thought chicken and mushroom was free???

Well as far as I know no-one's else consultant has passed on this news so that would lead me to think that your consultant is either mistaken or trying to stop members eating them. If you want to know for sure you can give the syn hotline a call and ask them.

Well as far as I know no-one's else consultant has passed on this news so that would lead me to think that your consultant is either mistaken or trying to stop members eating them. If you want to know for sure you can give the syn hotline a call and ask them.

I've just looked at the website and it is still showing these at the numbers quoted in post 1.

Ali
x

We touched on this recently at class, as we were discussing the Marshall's Cheesy Pasta.
Pasta 'n' Sauces are still free/low syn at the moment, but should they resubmit them for re-synning (if there's a pack size/ingredients change) then they are going to be synned, as they will now HAVE to be synned as made according to pack instructions (inc the milk & butter).

oh this is good news as i love the cheese and broccoli flavour and have a few of these in my cupboard from before i started slimming world but havn't touched them thinking they would be uber bad! and at 1/2 a syn i thinks its worth it :)

lifesaver thanks XXX

So glad I saw this post. Was trying to think of something quick and filling before I go out to Zumba.

And bonus feature........went to get some at CostCutter and they've got them on offer - buy 1 get 2 free! That's 95p for 3 packets.

Ok, so last week my consultant told us that NONE of these pasta n sauces are free anymore. Gutted doesn't even come near to describing how I felt, can someone please clarify are they or aren't they free??? I know some of them are synned but I always thought chicken and mushroom was free???

Why is that, did they change the recipe or something?

Shame if they did, they are/where great for making a syn free meal

Hi, this may be a really stupid question, but, as I am excluding the milk & butter, do I need to increase the water by 125ml to make up for the excluded milk???

beef on green 3.5 also chicken,chinese chow mein,mild curry,mexican chilli are all 3.5 on green on red they are all 9 syns ,so extra easy they will be same as green:D

Syn value for the Tesco Chicken & Mushroom pasta n sauce is syn free in the syn free handbook 2011, but it doesn't mention to exclude milk, when I asked my consultant she told me to exclude to be safe.
xx

Back