Fresh start diary

Hellooooo!!

Well I've been off the radar for a while, and massively off plan. We've finally moved house, furniture is all delivered and I have a kitchen I can use again yay! I've found a new group which is on Thursdays at 5.30 so I'll be facing the music then- expecting a huge gain but my focus is back now. For the first time since before Xmas I have my SW mojo back! I've even re-joined the gym and have my induction on Wednesday morning. I've made some yummy leek and potato soup for lunches and have menu planned for the week so here's hoping I get rid of my gain quickly.

Today's menu has looked a bit like this...

Breakfast
All bran choc crunch and skimmed milk (HEX B and part A)

Lunch
Chicken breast fillets and some pineapple

Tea
Lamb tagine with a roasted pepper stuffed with couscous (rest of A choice)

I haven't used any syns yet but have some liquorice all sorts in the cupboard at 1 syn each so might have 10 sweets later.

Xxx

good to hear from you mrs...and glad that you're doing ok...ready and raring to go ;)
oh and extra points for the gym stuff...i need to take a leaf out your book lol.

i'm still here, plodding along and sticking to plan but in a different mind set than ever before..a good one tho so long may it last!x

I've had a little look at your thread and you're doing really really well! Seems like your head is in the game 100% at the moment which is what I'm hoping for myself :)

First day back at work since Friday and I'm dreading it but I'm prepared SW wise which is good

Breakfast
2 x skinny lizzie's, bacon, eggs and beans (2syns)

Lunch
SW leek and potato soup (1/4 healthy A)

Tea
Pasta bake- pasta, passata, red sweet peppers, celery, onion, yellow pepper, chilli and bacon topped with 1/4 healthy a cheese

Snack
4 x ryvita with 1/2 healthy a cheese (A and B)
Fruit salad- apple, kiwi berries, pineapple, tangerine, grapes, strawberries

Not sure about syns yet will see if I'm hungry when I get home from work in which case I have a few liquorice all sorts to chomp on :)

i've still not been able to get the skinny lizzie sausages :(
got some steak links from the butchers the other day but felt a bit wary and only had one and marked down some syns for them.

did you manage to fix the chickpea dahl recipe?
yest i tried onion bhajis which is just the same stuff but with onion, spices and some smash flakes to thicken them. i was making the dahl loaf so just halved the rice and dahl mixture and done some of both...they turned out quite well and i'd def make them again.
i've not been doing them in the muffin tins and using a small rectangle dish instead and yest i managed to get it out with the bottom still in tact...woo hooo lol.

how's the new house going? you loving it? x

I tried the dahl loaf again but I've come to the concision I'm a rubbish dahl loaf- maker! I've also sickened myself of it from the many many attempts lol.
New house is great thanks! Lots of unpacking and house work so getting some body magic in!
Well I had my gym induction this morning and I've had my arse kicked! Was offered a free personalised programme but as a result I'm exhausted and still have a 8 hour shift ahead of me :-( I did some interval running, rowing and cross trainer then kettlebells and weights and sit ups. Strangely quite enjoyed it but think I'll be in agony tomorrow!

Today's menu- green day
Breakfast
All bran chocolate crunch and milk (HEX B1 and 1/2HEX A1)

Lunch
Pasta and sauce packet (1/2 hex a1) and celery sticks and salsa (1syn)

Tea
Pasta bake- pasta, passata, red sweet pepper, yellow pepper, onion, celery (1/2 HEX A2)

Snacks
4 x ryvita and low low cheese (HEX B2 and 1/2HEX A2)
Fruit salad of peach, strawberries, tangerines, grapes, pineapple and apple

Not sure on syns maybe a malteaser bunny for 9 syns ;-)

8 syns dolly...they're only 8 :banana dancer: lol

the mini ones are good too...if you savour them it's nice to have 2 or 3 if you have the syns spare.

glad to hear its all gone ok...i'm just in from work and now tackling the decisions for my dinner tonight...i'm on green too so not sure what to have x

8 syns dolly...they're only 8 :banana dancer: lol

the mini ones are good too...if you savour them it's nice to have 2 or 3 if you have the syns spare.

glad to hear its all gone ok...i'm just in from work and now tackling the decisions for my dinner tonight...i'm on green too so not sure what to have x

8 syns is so much better than 9! I had the mini ones and loved them but I could easily munch the whole bag lol. Dangerous to have in the cupboard!
What did you have for dinner in the end? Green days are great for the extra healthy extras but I struggle to enjoy meals without meat. Such a carnivore :)

So I'm on a day off today and going to the cinema this afternoon then have my first weigh in group tonight :-/ looking forward to finding out the damage I've done and getting into the swing of things. I've been 100% since Monday and already feel loads better.

The gym has killed me this morning, walking is agony! Damn the gym instructor!

Today's menu

Breakfast
Bacon on toast (HEX B)

Lunch
Mugshot and fruit salad (apple,grapes, pineapple, strawberries and tangerines)

Tea
Maggi so juicy Mexican chicken (3syns) with SW roasties and mixed veg (broccoli, mange tout, peppers, onion)

Snacks- I think another malteaser bunny might be on the cards! And 40g low fat cheese for my HEX A

ooh you'll need to let us know how it goes...and if you feel a wee bit more comfy at this one :)

yep...mini bunnys are mega...but i always just take the 2 and nibble/savour it like my life depends on it lol.

i agree with you on the green days...i love the lunches and the fact i can have bread at lunch time (after using a HEb in the morning) but i much prefer the dinners on EE. i ended up with baked potatoes with cottage cheese and beans. i had been really hungry all day yesterday and grazed (on free foods!) at times i wouldn't usually. was a bit paranoid at 1st but then thought...if you're hungry...eat!...and it was just wee bits of this and that i had, not like i was sitting down to a plateful each time lol.
i'm on EE today and going to make the cowboy pie for tonight. i made it the other week and my OH liked it so that's on the menu for tonight.

i might be at the cinema over the next few days too...but i've never really taken anything more than a pkt of crisps or a drink in with me so i won't really be too fussed if i go with nothing...as long as i eat before hand!
i've never tried the Maggi so juicy - is it 3 syns each or for the whole packet? i'm still not really using syns through the day other than the odd squirt of branston pickle or e/l mayo....they're purely for goodies but that just means i have to be super organised to make everything free!x

Each maggi thing is different but the Mexican one is 6 syns for packet and we'll have that between 2. Totally worth it- when I first started SW we'd hve one at least once a week I'm going back to basics this week xx

They're lovely!

Well went to my new group and surprisingly I weigh 1/2 less than I did before my off plan weeks! So new start weight is 13st 11lb and my interim target is to get into the elusive 12st category. Group seems nice, consultant is lovely. The only issue is the sheer size of the group- 40+ people easily meaning it went on for almost 2 hours...but I shall persevere!

Xx

aww that was good! and much better than you'd have expected eh!
i'd have been really chuffed with that ;)
that's good that the C seems nice...if the group's busy it must mean he/she's doing something right...and that's the main thing!

i've still not been able to stay for a meeting other than the 1st one cos i have to leave as soon as i've been weighed to play the taxi driver but not much else i can do about it for now :(
do you think it'll be as long every week?x

I'm not sure to be honest. I don't mind staying and listening to everyone but its not really feasible to have a proper discussion when it's that huge a group. My last group was about 20 max and meant we all got to have a real chat about our weeks. I have a much better feeling than the group I went to twice though! And it's right on my doorstep so can't complain!
At least you're making the effort to still go get weighed even if you can't stay- that's great commitment! And it's paying off coz you're doing really well :)

I'm off to meet my friends new baby today I'm very excited! And tonight is date night with the bf- we're off to nandos yay

Today's menu
Breakfast
Omelette with bacon and some grapes and pineapple

Lunch
Tomato and herb mugshot and and alpen light (1/2 HEX B)

Tea
Nandos butterfly chicken (skin removed), spicy rice and side salad (7syns in total)

Snack
2 ryvita with low low cheese spread (A and rest of B), apple and a peach

Going to the gym again as well- eek!!
X

do you know i've never been to nandos!
i hear people going on about it all the time but just haven't been....i see people on sw going and getting quite a low syn meal...for eating out anyway!

that's good that your group is close by and maybe you could stay for some of the meeting if it was going to be that long all the time?

i'm so tired today but got some stuff i need to do so best get on with it. i've just made a scan bran "cake"..again. i made 3 last week after tasting a bit at my meeting and although they do have a funny texture, i don't mind counting a couple of syns when i've picked at it throughout the day...its good for a change and sometimes a wee bit or 2 (cos i cut it in half then cut each half so i can syn it at 2.5 each then into little bits) is just what you need if it's not dinner time yet but you're getting hungry plus the extra fibre can't be a bad thing?

good for you on the gym stuff...maybe one day i'll be able to say the same lol
enjoy your meal tonight and don't get too broody when you see your friend's baby hehe x

do you know i've never been to nandos!
i hear people going on about it all the time but just haven't been....i see people on sw going and getting quite a low syn meal...for eating out anyway!

that's good that your group is close by and maybe you could stay for some of the meeting if it was going to be that long all the time?

i'm so tired today but got some stuff i need to do so best get on with it. i've just made a scan bran "cake"..again. i made 3 last week after tasting a bit at my meeting and although they do have a funny texture, i don't mind counting a couple of syns when i've picked at it throughout the day...its good for a change and sometimes a wee bit or 2 (cos i cut it in half then cut each half so i can syn it at 2.5 each then into little bits) is just what you need if it's not dinner time yet but you're getting hungry plus the extra fibre can't be a bad thing?

good for you on the gym stuff...maybe one day i'll be able to say the same lol
enjoy your meal tonight and don't get too broody when you see your friend's baby hehe x

Which scan bran recipe do you use? And how many syns/healthy bs is it for whole thing? Xxx

i do 5 scan bran, soak them in some hot water to soften them then fluff them up with a fork so they go a bit like weetabix. in a seperate bowl mix 2 eggs, 5 tbsp of sweetener and a toffee muller light, wee bit cinnamon and add it to the scan bran. mix it all up then put it in a tub and microwave for about 9-10 mins (sometimes mines needs more but my microwave is only 700 watt i think) and that's it.
its 5 syns for it or if you eat the whole lot then its a healthy b.
suppose you could use any yog but i'm sticking with the toffee for now x

Hmm that's strange I've always found them in my local morrisons. Have you asked staff in there if they stock them?
Given my hatred for yogurt I have to ask- does the scan bran cake taste like yogurt or is it just the toffee flavour?
Xx

Have you asked the staff if they stock them? Thats so annoying that you can't get hold of them I wish I could post them to you!
Given my hatred of yogurt- does the scan bran cake taste like yogurt or just toffee?

Xx

lol..thanks.
it's joe's sausages i want posted...they only do deliveries on orders of at least 8 packs!
i asked the staff at both stores and googled it earlier so i could get a look at the packaging....

i asked my OH what he thought of the scan bran and he said it was more the toffee flavour he could taste. he didn't like the texture tho...you could always try the recipe with half the mixture and see what you think? that way you won't waste all 5 scan bran if you didn't like it?x

Back