Fresh start diary

chow mein's about as far as i'd go out of that lot....might have one or 2 wee starter things but i always fill up on salad anyway...just gonna see how it goes and what'll be will be....no drama's though cos i know i'll go right back on track - special occasions are few and far between and this is one of those times ;) x

Howdi diary!

I am soooo happy it's Friday! With working shifts I don't often get that Friday feeling but I've got the weekend off so I'm full I beans!
Had a so so day today food wise, I accidentily munched on two cookies in guessing at 8syns for that but I have loads of syns spare in preparation for tomorro night but if I stick to vodka and diet mixer and had 10 singles that would only be 25syns so I should be ok!

Breakfast
Ryvita and low low spread

Lunch
Pasta n sauce

Tea
Spicy Spanish chicken

X

Morning!

Well the snow has massively ruined my weekend plans. Since we've moved to the other side of the city I've felt quite isolated and like I'm drifting away from my friends as its so much harder to see them. Tonight was meant to be a lovely chilled night in with a few drinks to catch up but now the snow has arrived it's impossible for people to get here :-( I love my bf to pieces but now we've moved all this way (on the doorstep of all his friends and family) I feel like I'm becoming one of those people that only have their partner in their life. Meh sorry for the rant (if anyone even reads this lol!) I just need to get it of my chest.
The only plus side is that at least I won't drink tonight and therefore will have saved syns.

Today menu

Breakfast
2x skinny lizzie sausages, bacon, beans and omelette (2syns)

Lunch
Mugshot, strawberries and melon

Tea
Pitta pizza and chips with side salad (HEX A&B)

i read it chick....and i get what you mean...rant away..it can't be easy - syns saved or not! lol
damn the bloody snow!!

anyway, other than this, i hope you're ok...menu today looks good (and i STILL haven't been able to get those skinny lizzie sausages...although the tesco ones for half a syn each have been going down a treat)

hope you're ok x

Morning all!

I'm feeling much better today, thank god! My bf's grandma is still in hospital and had to have major surgery last night, we were told to expect the worse as her chances of making it through were slim but she proved the docs wrong and made it through! From panic to relief in a few hours.
I start nights tonight so heading back to bead in the afternoon. Got a massage to have at 11.30 for my back- I feel so creaky and achy so hoping this will help

Menu
Breakfast
Choc orange shreddies and skimmed milk (HEX A & B)

Lunch
Pasta n sauce, melon and strawberries

Tea
Beef stew with parsnips, onions, leeks, swede and carrot

Then I'll be in back to front mode, eating at 3am!

glad you're feeling better toots...and good to hear your OH's grandma defied the dr's...its funny how they're strong wee things when they need to be eh! fingers crossed she keeps up the good work!

lucky you on the massage...hope it helps the aches etc and i'm sure some relaxation time will help overall too x

Well back from the massage to terrible news. His grandma hasn't woken up, they're keeping her in a medically induced coma. Her kidneys have packed in so she's on dialysis and she's got ventilators breathing for her. Gonna try and wake her up this aft and if that doesn't work might have to look at switching the machines off. It is so totally heartbreaking to see such a strong, witty, independent woman disappear in the space of a week. My bf is devastated and there's nothing I can really do. Horrible situation :(

aww god...i'm so sorry to hear that chick....
don't know what to say really - it's a hard time and nothing anyone says will make it any better i guess....
aww what a shame x

Thanks you chick, just talking about it with someone not directly involved helps. She's been taken off dialysis and so far is coping so that's promising xx

well fingers crossed she has a decent night tonight eh....i know i don't know you...or the situation, but you'll need to be strong for your OH as best you can...and i'm here if you want to talk...well...type lol

never an easy time x

well fingers crossed she has a decent night tonight eh....i know i don't know you...or the situation, but you'll need to be strong for your OH as best you can...and i'm here if you want to talk...well...type lol

never an easy time x

Thank you xx
No more news today on grandma today which I'm taking as 'no news is good news'.
Been on nights and I feel all upside down but not too bad as I feel more in control of my diet when I'm on nights.

Menu
2am - spag Bol

4am- fruit salad

7pm- sweet and sour pork with noodles (1syn)

8pm- 2 alpen lights (HEX B)

Not sure what syns I will have maybe a packet of crisps at 5 syns

Hey diary!

2 nights done, 2 to go thank god! I generally don't mind them and I've slept quite well but I don't like the sitting around waiting to go thing :-( OH's grandma has taken another turn for the worse, the operation she had hasn't worked but she's too weak to re-operate so its a waiting game now :-( I just hope she isn't in any pain and knows how much everyone is rooting for her.

Today's menu
7pm - cod in soy sauce and 5 spice with peppers and onions, batchelors Chinese rice and microwave veg

8pm - 2 alpen lights (B)

2am- spag Bol!

aww god...not what i'd hoped to read after her having a better night the last you reported...what's the operation for? hope you don't mind me asking?

as for your menu...i've not had fish at all since i started this (well, other than tuna a couple of times) and i quite miss it...not that i used to eat it a lot, but just cos i think i "can't" have it - as in i wouldn't syn the stuff that we would buy before.

i see that its free from the chip shop if the batter's removed...still not sure how that works as it's deep fried and surely some of the oil has an impact on that??
anyway...fingers crossed grandma picks up some eh
hope you're ok and not too tired otherwise x

She had a hole in her stomach that was leaking and it's re-opened. It's a waiting game really because she is the strongest person I know, if anyone will laugh in the face of all of this it's her.
I just buy frozen cod fillets- I'm not a huge fan of fish but trying to learn to like it as its meant to be really good for weight loss!

Hope you're ok chick x

yeah i'm doing fine huni....
aww i really hope she finds some extra strength then and gives a big 2 fingers up to all of this lol...its surprising how they can pull through when people least expect it...my wee great gran was like that

where are the frozen cod fillets from? i take it they're free...might have a look and could always coat them in breadcrumb or something? will need to give it a try i think x

Just from freezer section in morrisons. They have cod and pollock and haddock. They're free as its literally just fish fillet really plain. I tried it with spicy tomato salsa last week which was ok and tonight's was actually nice. I'm not a fish person at all so that's a big thing for me to say!
Think it was £2 for 4 fillets
X

Well the good news is that OH's grandma is waking up, bad news is that physically she is still very poorly and it's a case of hope for the best.
Fish isn't bad prices at all and there's loads of things to do with them.

Today's menu
7pm - cheese and onion 'pasty', chips and beans (HEX A& B)

2am - spag Bol

Back