Fresh start diary

I got the recipe off here for the dumplings. Chuck some cous cous in a jug and top with beef oxo until the cous cous is just covered. Leave for a few mins and it will absorb all the liquid. Then add 2 beaten eggs and give it a good stir. Put spoonfuls onto a plate and microwave for about 8 mins. Then I popped them on top of the stew for the last 15 mins to soak up some flavour- they were gorgeous and really filing and totally free!

Yeah I don't see the point in being down about it. I've lost 3st 4lb since August and I need to remember that. I'm aiming to be 100% til valentines day and would like to lose 8lbs in that time xx

i'll need to give them a bash...and look for other ideas for flavour thru it too.
i'm sure i saw something somewhere a while ago about a sweeter version that someone had for breakfast but can't for the life of me find it now!

that's a fab amount to have lost already and in that space of time! well done chick...really well done! x

I think they made it with hot water, a bit of milk and sweetener. I'm sure it's on the breakfast thread. We sometimes have it made with hot water, mix in some spices (cumin and chilli flakes are nice) add some chopped veg and stuff it in a hollowed pepper then grill it. Yummy way of getting superfree in as well xx

Morning!

I've woke up today feeling quite motivated and I'm planning to stay this way for the rest of the week :)

Breakfast
Omelette, beans, bacon and sausages (1syn)

Lunch
Mug shot
Fruit salad of grapes, pineapple, watermelon, apple and Sharon fruit

2 tangerines

Tea
Leftover stew with HEX B bread - 1syn (is less than a syn but more than half so I'm playing on the cautious side)

I only had 3 syns yesterday, so today I'm aiming for higher as I've learnt the hard way that not eating enough syns can affect my weight. Going to have a cadburys caramel for 9.5syns and a hot chocolate to take me to 13.5

Xx

Hey!

So I've made a decision and its one i might live to regret lol. We're in the process of moving to the opposite side of the city, I have lots of night shifts coming up and I don't like the group I joined. I'm going to stop going to group and paying £5 just to get weighed until we've moved (16th feb) then my Thursday evenings are clear for 6 weeks so I can join a Thursday evening group then. I feel like I'm a SW waif and stay at the moment, popping into random groups to get weighed then leaving. I miss the consistent support and friendly faces and I'm not going to be able to do that until I'm settled in one house rather than living in 2 at the moment.
I am worried this will give me a licence to go off plan as I'm not getting weighed but I plan to use the support on here to the max. It's 3 misses weigh ins in total, 4 weeks of being able to lose weight so I'm setting myself a 'going it alone' goal to step on those scales on Thursday 21st feb I will weigh 13st 5lb which will be a loss of 7.5lbs.

Menu
Breakfast
We had this late as we were shovelling snow for ages! 2 x skinny lizzie sausages (2syns), turkey rashers, 2 egg omelette and baked beans

Tea
Lamb tagine (1syn for honey), roasted red pepper stuffed with couscous, sweet pepper, celery and spring onion topped with HEX A melted cheese
Pudding- fruit salad of strawberries, pineapple and watermelon

Snacks
2 x alpen lights (HEX B)
Special K crisps (5 syns)

Total syns for the day - 8

Xx

no licenses to go off track chick...keep up your daily diaries on here (so i can get ideas too lol) and set yourself the challenge that the £5 p/wk you'll save can go towards something new to wear when you've lost weight and need something new that fits?? ;)
can you not weigh yourself at set of scales somewhere like Boots for 50p and that can be your weigh in?
when i lost weight before i did it myself (before ww) and i used to do that every sunday - no other scales other than the same ones (otherwise i'd have been on and off all the time at home!)
i bet you do better than you think and it'll be a wee boost for you too if you do :D x

Thanks Hun! Nice to have somebody else's take on things.
Just had the most amazing tea ever! Lamb tagine, slow cooked for 8 hours- it was lush. Even the other half loved it- definitely a keeper. I love things I can stick in the slow cooker as it makes life so much easier when working shifts. If you like mild spice if recommend it.
I might get weighed at boots that's a good idea. I just feel really pressured- having had Xmas off I was full of beans to get started again in the new year but it feels like everyone is constantly asking how I'm doing and I feel like I'm doing it for them instead of me. I need to take these weeks and retrain myself to just living the SW way without the pressure of a weigh in. If that makes any sort of sense! Xx

ooh i hate that! the pressure from others i mean!
i've only said to a few people that i've joined - not because i'm embarrassed but mostly cos i wanted to give it a go 1st and see if it was for me, if it was do-able for me and that way i wouldnt look like i'd just given up to them!

when i lost weight the 1st time, people would ask what diet i was on, i used to say i was just healthy eating. after losing a lot, people would ask and the minute i said i was on a diet...it became more difficult?? and i found that i was struggling on the amount of calories i was meant to be having for my weight! weird eh.

just tell people that you've stopped going the now with having too much on, some will think oh yeah, she's ditched it! but keep doing what you're doing and if you have less pressure, and it all fits into place then its doing what it should be! we all know what we should/shouldnt eat and i totally believe we've probably given ourselves way more guilt over the years than anyone could!
you do whats best for you...and have the security that if it doesnt go to plan, then you'll be ready and settled to start a new place in february...
if you keep logging on here every day, even if you do have a few off days then it still wont be as bad as you think and lets face it...you spent the last couple of weeks counting etc and didnt see the results so less pressure is best!
i'll be hunting you if there's no updates ;) hehe x

Hello
am loving reading your diary, there is so much variety!
Here to subscribe if that is OK
x

Hey!

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm working this morning but finish at 3 yay. Was going to go swimming but I'm aching like mad from the Josie DVD yesterday think I'll go tomorro instead.

Menu
Breakfast
Bran flakes (HEXB) and alpro milk (HEX A)

Lunch
Pasta, red pepper, celery, spring onions and pickled onions
Fruit salad of strawberries, pineapple, grapes, Sharon fruit and apple

Tea
Steak and chips with broccoli and pepper corn sauce (2.5 syns and rest of HEX A)

Going to have some randoms sweets for 9 syns taking me to 11.5

Xx

Hey!!

I've been off the radar as I've just started night shifts but I've stayed on plan. My menu for the day is looking bizarre because of the back to front day I'm having! I basically have tea for breakfast, lunch at 3am and breakfast at 8am before bed- yet normally I have good losses on nights!

Menu
3am- jacket potato and beans and salad
Fruit salad of peach, apple, grapes, strawberries and tangerine

8am- skinny lizzie (2syns) and turkey rashers on toast (HEX B)

7pm- prawn stir fry with noodles. Veg was a pre packed hot and spicy stir fry with extra beansprouts

Snack- 20g cheese (HEX A), 2 alpen lights (6syns), 2 Special K biscuits (5syns)
Total of 13 syns

Xx

They're amazing! They're only sold in morrisons for some reason and they're 1 syn each. They taste like real naughty sausages x

aww i was in morrisons today and looking for sausages but didnt see them...i'll need to look again next time.
i kinda grudge using syns through the day for anything other than e/l mayo but thats just now i guess...early days i suppose but i want to keep mine for something nice at night which is what i've always done and don't really want to change it.
to be honest i average 10 syns a day with treats so suppose i could still afford to have something like that..but think i'm frightened to go over that as its pretty much what i've been doing (without realising)
what i did see in morrisons tho was a 5 pack of malteser bunny for £2 (or 2 for £1!) bargain! and yummmmmeeeeeeeeeeee! couldnt resist it and for an 8 syn treat every now and again, i thought it as worth it :D x

Evening!

So glad I only have 2 nights left- they really mess with my system I feel so bloated and disgusting bleugh.

Today's menu

2am- jacket potato and baked beans
Fruit salad of Sharon fruit, grapes, melon, peach and apple

8am- turkey rashers on toast (HEX B)

7pm- chicken stuffed with low low chilli spread ad wrapped in bacon with rice and veg

Syns- Special K crisps 5syns, mini malteaser bunny 3 syns and alpen light 3 syns = 11 syns

Hello there!

Last nights shift yay!

Yesterday's menu was....

2am - pasta n sauce packet, fruit salad (1syn)

8am- turkey on toast

7pm- chicken tagine (1syn)

Very low syns today but am having a curry at work on our last shift so saving for that. Will updte later xx

Evening!

So today is the awful getting-back-into-day-mode day and it really knocks me for six! I'm over my daily syns but well under my Weekly syns so I'm happy with that.

2am - chicken curry and WW naan bread - counting 11 syns

5am- fruit salad of orange, grapes, pomegranate, blueberries and melon

1pm- bacon sandwich (HEX B)

7pm- enchiladas (HEX A and 6.5 syns)

Total syns of 17.5 for today....may have a couple more later tonight but i only had 2 yesterday and have nothing else to get in my way until Tuesday when they 'renew'

Xx

Hello diary!

Been off the radar this week as we've been busy decorating and went to the cinema to watch Flight- it was amazing! And I avoided the pick and mix thankfully. I've probably been about 75% on plan this weekend but I've got a clear week this week to stay focused.

Today's menu

Breakfast
Chocolate orange shreddies and skimmed milk (HEX B and 1/2 HEX A)

Lunch
Tomato and herb mugshot
2 celery sticks
Fruit salad- watermelon, apples, strawberries, pineapple and blueberries

Tea
Chilli con carne with boiled rice and rest of HEX A cheese

Snacks

2 chickpea dahl muffin
Malteaser bunny - 8 syns
Options hot chocolate- 2 syns

Xx

Back