Friday couldn't come soon enough :(

Hello Guys,

So today was my 6th week weigh in and I have lost only 1.1 lbs so disappointed in myself. :(
Also today is a big celebration and at home with loads of family here so had to eat a normal meal with everyone.
So the next few days are going to be very hard cause I have to get back into the groove.
Need strength and moral support so bad right now.

-S

My wife and I have agreed that we need to have a break meal or something once a month in order to keep up our resolve so hopefully we will be able to maintain some sort of restraint on those occassions. The next one is 3 weeks and one day away ...but it's not like I'm counting down or anything...!!

It's been 2 weeks since my last diet break but managed to pull it back after that one meal and get back into it but looking back I have no idea how I managed that. Maybe it was an out of body experience for those following few days!

Today is a Friday and although I look forward to it on some level as it's my weigh in I also dread it because it used to be the take-away night and even 7 weeks in I still haven't mentally broken that want for one...

I wish time would just hurry up and fast forward 3 weeks!!!

Hey,
How do you get yourself back into the diet after the cheat meal.
Need some guidance

-S

Hey,
How do you get yourself back into the diet after the cheat meal.
Need some guidance

-S

With much difficulty. I find that we have to keep ourselves busy and constantly remind ourselves why we are doing the diet! I am really lucky having my other half on the same diet as when I am tempted she scolds me and the same goes when it's the other way around. Sometimes we are both really tempted but we manage not to give in because we want to be supportive of the other.

We usually cheat after a bad week of only a small loss as its when I feel the lowest but in those weeks I find my metabolisms gets mixed up a bit and although through getting back into mitosis sucks it's then that the most weigh loss occurs!

Im not sure how much advice I can really give other than as tough as it's going to be it was worth it for the nice food and it's will be worth it on the scales by going straight back on it!

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello Guys,

So today was my 6th week weigh in and I have lost only 1.1 lbs so disappointed in myself. :(
Also today is a big celebration and at home with loads of family here so had to eat a normal meal with everyone.
So the next few days are going to be very hard cause I have to get back into the groove.
Need strength and moral support so bad right now.

-S

I only list 2lb this week and it was enough to decide to break it for a meal...so I'm back on it and this is day 2 all over again...

What I find frustrating is when an unavoidable meal comes up at a time when I am feeling really motivated because I feel under a lot of pressure from others to eat and I get worn down quite quick and once I break it a little I don't have much strength to not break it a lot!

I am on this diet because I lack the self restraint for things like portion sizes and adding one or two extra ingredients on most diets....I need the structure and routine the Cambridge diet gives....what are your reasons???

swats
do not be disappointed in yourself you have been on the diet for 6 weeks and still you continue to lose, think about how much you would of eaten in the same 6 week period when not on the diet. this is a long road that twists and turns.

for me you must get your head in the right place first. i truly believe you need to question yourself as to why you have the relationship with food you do. i dont food see as good or bad just food some can be eaten lot and some should be taken in moderation. you are using a pleasure or at the very least a necessary fuel to hurt yourself. if you do deviate be it planned or not, stop thinking of it as a cheat but a treat. there is less need to punish yourself for something that you dont perceived bad, if your having a planned family meal enjoy it, the company the food the whole damn thing, its called life we will be doing these thing in the future. dont make what should be a happy time into a dreaded event, cause the calories consumed are the same no matter what. but it your putting yourself through the mental torture of i ve failed, im disgusting im weak you are far less likely to just get yourself back in the groove again.

when i originally lost 7st (of which i kept 5 off) the turned around for me came when i accepted myself warts and all. id always thought of myself as a thin person trapped by a fatty, news flash; rubbish, it was just me. and do you know what, the woman of tens years ago i stand by her today cause she is the sum of my parts. would i have the compassion or empathy i have for other now if i hadnt had the experiences of my past like being referred to as "it"? or mocked? as anyone whos been in the big leagues will probably understand. i also wondered what exactly was my crime did i hurt others with my actions or was i just trying to pass through unnoticed? people can be so cruel but it says nothing about you and much more about them.

anyway i digress what i would say is if your friend was in the position you are would you treat them the way you are treating yourself ? some times we do need a firm hand but sometimes we need a break, said it before and will say it again you can t change the past but you can fix the future, be good to yourself you are worth it you deserve to reach your goals
jenx

I only list 2lb this week and it was enough to decide to break it for a meal...so I'm back on it and this is day 2 all over again...

What I find frustrating is when an unavoidable meal comes up at a time when I am feeling really motivated because I feel under a lot of pressure from others to eat and I get worn down quite quick and once I break it a little I don't have much strength to not break it a lot!

I am on this diet because I lack the self restraint for things like portion sizes and adding one or two extra ingredients on most diets....I need the structure and routine the Cambridge diet gives....what are your reasons???

Hey Fay,

Thank you for your encouragement.
Hopefully confusing my metabolism, will help me loose weight.

I do well with temptation actually, being 28 I don't want my social life to be affected anymore. Having been "big" for as long as I can remember I have always been shy of going out and not being able to fit. Not anymore. So I do go out with friends all the time, however I try to make plans for events like coffee, movies etc so the whole food angle doesn't come up. Somehow the compliments I get urge me on to stay on and fight harder.

The reasons for being on this diet oh lord so many. What I know of myself is that I am emotional eater - happy sad exuberant depressed food always was my answer and I thought it was a big problem. However now I discuss it more openly I find that many women of various sizes are like that. Wanting to be fit, not to rely on food as a comfort, learning to make healthier choices.

Most importantly trying to change my life, where I am a much happier person.

- S

swats
do not be disappointed in yourself you have been on the diet for 6 weeks and still you continue to lose, think about how much you would of eaten in the same 6 week period when not on the diet. this is a long road that twists and turns.

for me you must get your head in the right place first. i truly believe you need to question yourself as to why you have the relationship with food you do. i dont food see as good or bad just food some can be eaten lot and some should be taken in moderation. you are using a pleasure or at the very least a necessary fuel to hurt yourself. if you do deviate be it planned or not, stop thinking of it as a cheat but a treat. there is less need to punish yourself for something that you dont perceived bad, if your having a planned family meal enjoy it, the company the food the whole damn thing, its called life we will be doing these thing in the future. dont make what should be a happy time into a dreaded event, cause the calories consumed are the same no matter what. but it your putting yourself through the mental torture of i ve failed, im disgusting im weak you are far less likely to just get yourself back in the groove again.

when i originally lost 7st (of which i kept 5 off) the turned around for me came when i accepted myself warts and all. id always thought of myself as a thin person trapped by a fatty, news flash; rubbish, it was just me. and do you know what, the woman of tens years ago i stand by her today cause she is the sum of my parts. would i have the compassion or empathy i have for other now if i hadnt had the experiences of my past like being referred to as "it"? or mocked? as anyone whos been in the big leagues will probably understand. i also wondered what exactly was my crime did i hurt others with my actions or was i just trying to pass through unnoticed? people can be so cruel but it says nothing about you and much more about them.

anyway i digress what i would say is if your friend was in the position you are would you treat them the way you are treating yourself ? some times we do need a firm hand but sometimes we need a break, said it before and will say it again you can t change the past but you can fix the future, be good to yourself you are worth it you deserve to reach your goals
jenx

Hey Jen,

Thank you so much.
Your words have meant so much to me, made me feel happier and more in control.
After a lot of bashing myself and feeling miserable, I realised I deserve a break after 6 weeks of being on the diet which for sure is not an easy one, 1 family meal is totally allowed.

As for my relationship with food, it's always been a source of comfort- sad, angry depressed, frustrated, happy, celebratory, joyous food was always my go to solutions.
So I guess you could call me an emotional eater, but I also realise that I am the sort of person who can starve myself for days if I decide to. So yes I am still figuring out the role of food in my life.
I also realised losing weight and being able to do the things that I always wanted to do without being conscious of my body makes me a happier person, so the lesser the need to turn to food to pick myself up.

I agree with what you say that sometimes is okay to be more considerate to myself, if a friend came and told she/he had TREAT in between a diet for 6 weeks. I would be a lot more sympathetic to them. So I guess I should extend the same courtesy to myself :), but I am also sacred of getting into the self pitying that I used to subject myself.

However I am going to stop fretting over all of it, cause I am back on the diet and day 1 has been a success, 3 packets of CD and 3 ltrs of water :) and that's it's

Once again a big thank you for your support

- Swatee

Hey,

14.6 lbs in 12 days is amazing.
Keep it up girl, way to go so proud of you.
How was the day?

-S

I'm now at work and still saying no to KFC! Although it's still tough but I don't think that will ever go away my work shirt which was a mens XL is now baggy on me so now in need of a new shirt! Yaaay!

Charlotte xxxx

Hello Everyone,

How is the diet going?
Weigh Ins?

I had a pretty good week, stuck to the diet all through. Has to attend an impromptu party and stuck in grilled chicken.
My weigh in this was a loss of 5lbs

Hope all of you are doing well as well.

-S

Back