Friday Night Blues

Hello lovely people,
i'm now on day 3, which I know historically is the toughest day but goodness I wish it wasn't coinciding with it normally being my Friday night treat night.
i turned 40 at the end of November and have basically been celebrating either my birthday or Christmas since !
this is going to sound pretty bad ... I'm not missing the carbs particularly or the reduction in consumption of calories but my god I could murder a bottle of wine tonight.
im drinking copious amounts of water and still have 2 packs to go tonight but the wine rack keeps laughing at me I'm sure of it
Any distraction techniques or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and apologies for the random thoughts of the post.

fatgirltrim

Im on day three too :) I had a tough day on day one so had a nice early night, if your asleep your not thinking about food or wine! I think that tomorrow is.gonna be hard for me as Saturdays were always the night for wine/take away etc. What gets me the most is the breaking of habits, I dont feel hungry but sometimes the psychological hunger/habit is hard to break, or the association of a certain time or day with a certain food/drink.

I also like to remember a good motivational saying that I heard once "don't give up what you want for what you want today" which seems to ring true with this diet especially, you started this diet for a reason, don't ruin that reason for a few glasses of wine!

Im also on day three....Im feeling loads better today..I had a really bad headache yesterday.

We were invited out to the pub tonight.....im not feeling in the mood for it as I can only have water so have sent hubby by himself.

Hi,
this is day 1 for me. A few of my friends told me that I shouldn't start on a Friday but I am SO ready to get this weight off. 40 seems to be the magic number where your metabolism just slows down to a snail's pace.

Don't let the wine win you over! You can do this!

Hey Fatgirltrim! Friday is normally my night for a glass of wine with dinner (normally followed by the rest of it watching TV!) so it's really hard to break the habit but you need copious amounts of willpower! I'm on day 4 and today has been so much easier than yesterday.
I nearly caved in yesterday when my children were eating sandwiches for lunch and sausage and homemade chips for dinner but I struggled through, and weighed myself this morning to make myself feel better! The loss on the scales made yesterday's 'pain' worth it x

Have you read all the diaries on here? That's what I'm spending my evenings doing!

BTW - hello to a fellow hertfordshire lass :D

Im on day 2, but I totally get the Friday feeling, even though I work most saturdays!
I got home from work late, then sat with the fam for a while then took my time with a shower so ive lost a few hours already and plan an early night. Im also going to put a film on whilst drinking water. maybe drink some coke zero from a wine glass?

hehe wine flavour that sounds interesting..!
before doing a vlcd I hated soda water but now I love it, makes you feel fuller too

Thanks all of you for being so understanding (maybe you just think I'm a raging alcoholic)
i have avoided the dreaded wine rack, and have settled for even more sparkling water
could happily of killed hubby tonight as he has not stopped eating all the treat stuff still in the house from Christmas.
i think weekends are going to be pretty difficult, all week I work flat out and Im also retraining as an accountant so plenty of studying and college but weekends have always been work hard play even harder on down time which usually involves loads of alcohol takeaways eating out and a mahoosive Sunday lunch
but I promised myself I will change my weight and lifestyle this year
so to all you brilliantly supportive people who understand what it's like to be overweight but determined to change
thank you so very much
fatgirltrim

Hi there fatgirltrim!
Welcome to my world and how I'm feeling right now! I could murder a glass of wine along with my husband. He is sitting in front of me with wine, cheese and biscuits and twiglets! I desperately want some of the red wine that's in the bottle next to me.........but I can't and I won't!

With me it's definitely going to be lack of alcohol that I'm going to struggle with.

i was 50 in December, plus went on a girls few days to New York at the beginning of the month, and its been wine and champagne the whole month! I want some now, but I will resist!!!! I will, I will, I will!!!!!!!!!

x

Weekends are hard! I'm glad im working tomorrow!
I think this is the time to practice for our new lives and find nice things to do that aren't eating

I think you're right, I'm going to take myself off for an early night, pray I sleep in till at least midday .... Or this post header could easily become weekend blues!
please keep posting and chatting no matter how random as I love reading all the words of wisdom along with this feeling of being part of the musketeers .

and thanks for reassuring me its completely normal to have murderous thoughts when hubby eating and drinking in front of me
till tomorrow
fatgirltrim

I'm laying in bed watching tv (and being on here) and hubby comes waltzing in with a handful of custard creams! Aarrgghh!

It normally does! He's a skinny thing (6ft and about 10st4lbs!) but struggles to eat normally so always picks (crisps, biscuits, choc). He's the complete opposite to me who can eat a mountain at meal times but doesn't really eat crisps and biccies :-/

Why not try the white wine water flavpuring from SnS? Mix with fizzy water and serve in a wine glass. Might get rid of that craving...

I drink coke zero or sparkling water out if a wine glass and often feel just as merry lol. Think it's psychological. Have to say I love being tee total now and not really sure if ill ever drink again. Don't think I could cope with a hangover. Determination will get you through

Just think , in the summer, nice balmy night, youre in a beer garden with a nice ice cold white wine, beautiful relaxing evening. Do you want to feel slinky and sexy in a cute strappy top that nicely skims your body ? Or do you want to feel uncomfortable because you couldn't resist the wine rack on a random weekend in January? Belly and hips bulging out over the top if your uncomfortable jeans, you just want to go home! :(
Think about it :)
And good luck x

Back