Friday's Tea?

jaylou

Gold Member
What's on the menu peeps??

I've got the old slow cooker out again as the weather has turned a bit cooler and we are having a turkey curry. I'll serve it with roasted butternut squash for me and rice for the OH. I can smell it already and it's making me hungry!!

I'd love your recipe Jaylou, I love curry, butternut squash and my slow cooker, so this recipe sounds just right for me...thank you.

2 small home made burgers for me :) using the 2 small cobs as my HexB. I will serve with side salad and Tesco Light Choices Cottage Cheese :drool: x

I made the chicken breats with baby bell wrapped in Bacon for tea last night. I had it with SW chips and baked beans. It was very nice. Think I will have the chicken tonight with new pots and steam veg. Yummie!!

I am making a Brocolli Pasta Cheese........just brocolli with a pkt of Brocolli cheese Pasta and sauce made up and poured over cooked brocolli and then 3 light Babybels grated over the top, pop into a hot oven until bubbling and cheese is melted.....very nice and very filling.

I'm going to have Friday night curry too! Going to make a veg biryani later...mmm! OH can have a big naan bread with it and I might spend today's syns on a mini naan for myself!

Ooooh, that's a good idea Hellie - i think I can "afford" 7 syns on a mini naan - I'm all excited now!! :)

Yay for naans! It means I've got to go out to the supermarket and buy some though and knowing me I'll buy loads of other stuff we don't really need...

Im gonna attempt a pizza made with smash...and veggies.

Im gonna attempt a pizza made with smash...and veggies.
Hooray! Me too!!!!!

I have am having mine topped with tomatoes, garlic, oregano, spinach, olives, capers, red onion, mozzerella (HEX A) and an egg added to the top near the end- a bit like a fiorentina

I am also going to try the recipe in the latest magazine for pineapple slices with lime, chilli and mint- look yummy and Tesco's have pineapples for just £1!

Can't WAIT FOR ME DINNER!!

The magazine is great for ideas and inspiration, I fancy the "ice cream" too. May have to get a pineapple from Tesco land today and do that desert too princess.

I've done the black eyed bean burgers, they are lovely! I'll let you know how it goes, will jolly off to Tesco when little one gets home from school.

I had steak and jacket spud at the pub, being a newbie I had a little butter, didn't realise it was 3 1/2 sins! :(

Then just had some pasta, mushrooms, onions and bacon yumyum

I had stirfry... Chicken, veg, ginger, garlic and chilli flakes, with fine egg noodles and soy sauce. Yummy and free on EE.

Have just had rice pudding (homemade) to use my HEXA up.

I am also going to try the recipe in the latest magazine for pineapple slices with lime, chilli and mint- look yummy and Tesco's have pineapples for just £1!

Can't WAIT FOR ME DINNER!!

Did you make it? I did it but used a tiny bit of dried chilli instead of fresh, but the syrup didn't go syrupy - I wasn't sure what I thought!!

I think I liked it, it was so different but I do think I'd make it again but with sugar and have it for a post barbeque desert. :)

Did you make it? I did it but used a tiny bit of dried chilli instead of fresh, but the syrup didn't go syrupy - I wasn't sure what I thought!!

I think I liked it, it was so different but I do think I'd make it again but with sugar and have it for a post barbeque desert. :)
I did make it- I agree that it didn't go syrupy and I used fresh chillis. I have this thing lately that I am off the taste of sacharine so think I agree on using sugar instead.

To be honest, I love fresh pineapple so much that I could have just ate a plate of that on its own- I like slicing it thinly like that- guess the mint and chilli looks pretty though!
x

I've made the Mango Ice-Cream and the Banana Ice-Cream out of the mag. Out of the 2 I prefered the Mango one. I am going to keep an eye out for fruit either going near date so cheaper or offers on frozen fruit as have found if you blitz the frozen fruit and yog etc together for a bit you can serve immediately in a scoop fashion but freezing it turns it to ice. Now I make it just before we are going to eat it! Tempted to try making a Rhubarb Ice-cream soon or a Pineapple one. YUM!

Jill

Back