friendly Advice Needed

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Happilyhip, 20 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Happilyhip

Happilyhip Member

Hi all I'm new to this site so apologise if I'm on the wrong thread :) I started WW 2 weeks ago & lost 2lb the 1st week but only .5lb the second week. I go to the gym 3 times a week & do 35 mins cardiovascular training & 40 mins toning up in each session. I also track everything & only use my 49 weekly pp if needed (usually on wine) but I never go over my points so can't understand how I am only losing so little :cry:Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) Also does anyone know how many pp are in a curry tray?(chips & curry sauce)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    You are doing really well so far! The loss in your first week is always going to be the greatest and happens as the result of your body adjusting to a new diet (that's lower in fat, salt and sugar). Whilst I know that a 0.5 loss is disheartening, you must try and look at it as a loss - you are still going the right direction. Week Two is notorious for being a week of a smaller loss. There could be lots of reasons it's less this week - totm, water retention from lots of exercise as your muscles get used to your new routine and also, erm, excuse me for being so direct but could you be constipated? That can definitely make a difference! As it is still early days for your new healthy eating plan I would say keep going and see how your loss is next week. Sometimes small losses are followed by much bigger ones. Rest assured that if you are doing everything 'right' you WILL lose weight. It can just be unpredictable at times.

You have done very well so far - hold your head up and keep going!!

4. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    0.5 may not be a huge loss, but its not a gain :)

also, id start taking measurements, that way even if the scales stay the smae or go up and your meausrements getting smaller, you know your doing it right.

5. StoppingItInItsTracks

StoppingItInItsTracks Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I agree with gina b - definitely measure yourself. I put on half a pound in my first week (calorie counting) but I lost inches from my waist!

6. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    Think of that half pound as a half pound of butter being shaved off your hips - it seems a lot then. Remember as well that muscle weighs heavier than fat so with all the exercise you're doing you will lose inches as much as pounds.

Tracey

Tracey

7. Happilyhip

Happilyhip Member

Thank you everyone for replying (Sorry for only getting back now but I have been very busy) I lost another 1.5LB this week so I am feeling a bit more positive ;)Why is it you think you look ok until you catch sight of yourself in a shop window :confused: LOL

8. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    Shop windows, changing room mirrors and photos all do the same. The worst are photos on other peoples cameras or phones coz you can't delete them.

Well done on the loss this week.

Tracey

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.