Friendlyface's calorie counting diary

friendlyface

Ok so here goes!!!!
After trying EVERY diet in the book, which I NEVER stick to (no point saying they don't work - I'm sure they all would if I followed them!) I've decided to try to simply reduce calories, increase exercise and hopefully lose the stone that has been the bane of my life for ever!
With my 40th next year I now need to accept that I'm never going to get down to my very unrealistic wedding weight, but I don't want to go into that decade with the bad health and hangups that my yo-yoing has caused me in my thirties.
I've done the calculations which say I can lose 1-1.5 lb a week eating 1350 cals, and I'm committed to doing my (very short) exercise dvd three times a week, and I am promising myself that if I fall off the wagon I will get back on it IMMEDIATELY!!
To lose my extra 17lbs will probably, allowing for naughtiness and breaks, take till February next year. Can I actually do it this time?
I hope keeping up a diary will help me stay on track. All support welcomed!

Stick with it and you'll reach ur target in no time. Losing 17lbs by Feb is do-able. Stay focus on ur goal.

Thank you Keisha!
Feeling v positive on my third day, have bought my HUGE salad selection and chicken ready for tonight and trying to think past the weekend to my first weigh-in next week.
The diet hasn't' started off as well as it might as I already weighed more than I usually do, so the first couple of weeks I'm just getting back to where I usually start! Not so motivating!
As I usually hover (with difficulty) between 138-140 lbs, and now I'm nearly 142 (believe me EVERY POUND is a struggle!) I'm going to have to stay focussed on losing 2lb this week and 1-2 lbs after that. Then by the end of the month I could be 5 lbs lighter, 137lbs. Yes, it'll only be 1lb lighter than my usual weight but it'll be 1lb lighter than I've been all year!!!!!
Focus, focus, focus.........!

I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it I can do it and I DO NOT NEED A TAKEAWAY TONIGHT!:eat:

Well, I didn't have a takeaway, stuck to my calories every day except MINOR glitch on Sunday, and now find I haven't lost an ounce :cry::cry::cry:
Back where I started. SOOOOOO p***d off!!

Oh no hun! Don't lose hope!

You said you were doing excercise videos, right? Did you measure yourself as well? Because you could be slimming down and getting more toned and staying the same weight.

Are you drinking lots of water? And hormone fluctuations can wreak havoc on the scales as well, so you need more than just one week to really see which direction you're headed.

Keep your chin up and keep at it. As long as your calorie count is accurate there's no way you won't lose. Good luck hun!

Thanks so much for your support. Perhaps I am toning up a bit, which is obviously a plus, but I could definitely do with more water and I think I got sloppy with calorie counting. All in all, I could have worked harder!
I am soo demotivated by it but, in the end, I can't live like I am now and I do want to see that ticker moving down towards my ideal weight, so I don't have any choice but to try again.
Will try to keep a food diary this week and drink loads of water:eek:!

:bliss: Wahey! Finally, those scales are moving! 2.4 lbs off this morning! need to keep going, just 0.2 lbs to go to break into the 9's.
I'm SOOOO happy!!

SLOOOWW PROGRESS!

Well I can safely say that I'm going to be on these boards for some time! One week on, ONE pound lost!
I've been on a HORRIBLE course all week, where the canteen offered lovely but very naughty food, and I have to say lunchtimes were the highlight of the day!!!:eat:
Anyway, TRIED to make up for it by eating every variety of salad for dinner every evening, but I'm quite surprised the scales moved downwards at all, especially as I haven't had time for any exercise.
So, really, I'm quite happy:)
Target of the week: exercise THREE times, and keep within calorie allowance. Easy!;)
One more pound next week would suit me just fine.

Back