From 16's to 15's

Hey everyone, last time I was posting regularly I was in the 17 stone thread trying to get into the 16's... well here I am at 16.3 and a half and aching to get out!!!!

I re-joined slimming world yesterday so am hoping next week may be D-Day :D

Hope everyone is doing well! We can do it x

Hi guys, unfortunately due to Christmas festivities I'm back in the 17's, hope to see you soon! Keep going! X

Talking of working off your tushy, I have just done finished the 30 day shred for the 4th day and if I don't have a smaller tush by end of January I will hunt down Jillian Michaels and kill her!!! Xx

What's involved with the 30 day shred? I wonder if it's something I'd be interested in...

xMandyDx said:
What's involved with the 30 day shred? I wonder if it's something I'd be interested in...

Deeeeeeeeath! Ha ha.
It's something that I guess you could make as low impact or high impact as you can push yourself.

Basics of it are
3 levels of the workout, start with level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 and obviously 10 days at 3.
There is a warm up and cool down session.
The workout itself is made up of 3 parts of working out -
3 mins of strength
2 mins cardio
1 min of abs
It's rotated for the 20 minutes and is pretty awesome in my opinion. The first part of it really gets you breathing hard, heart rate up and working hard and then I find it becomes easier breathing wise for the remainder. Although jumping jacks are not my friend! I must get a proper sports bra! He he. I tend to either do them one handed so I have one free to "hold down" my chest ;) But the abs work out on the floor really make you feel the burn and tighten the muscle.
There are 2 women you can follow, one doing it properly and one doing modified moves and you can do either one to whichever suits your fitness level.

For a 20 minute work out and only a fiver on amazon I think it's great value for money. hope this helps and sorry for the mega post! Xx

Woo -4lbs this week - thats half of the xmas binge gone.

4.5lbs to go until the 15s!!

:D

Well done Vicki!! I knew you could do it! My WI is Tuesday, so next week, I'm hoping both of us can pop back into the 15s!

Thanks for that info MinkyDinky! Sounds like something I'd try out, and probably despise, but keep doing anyway (but only when there isn't a soul in the house to see me!!) haha

Come on guys!
We want out! We want out!
Swim and gym today.. altgoufh I'm aching I'm getting my body ready for the 30 Day Shred! hahah!

How's everyone doing? I bought a slow cooker, currently looking for ideas to try it out x

Ela ine said:
Come on guys!
Swim and gym today.. altgoufh I'm aching I'm getting my body ready for the 30 Day Shred! hahah!

How's everyone doing? I bought a slow cooker, currently looking for ideas to try it out x

Slow cookers are amazing, throw in some extra lean mince, chopped onions, mushrooms, mixes herbs, crushed garlic, passata and chopped tomato give it a stir go to work come home boil some spaghetti and you have perfect spaghetti bolognese

X x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Ela ine said:
Come on guys!

Oooh my legs ache! Just finished day 5 of the shred. Good luck!

With slow cookers I love to do beef stewing steak, chopped root veg, chopped tomatoes, chilli and stock. Leave on all day, do some rice when you are ready to eat and voila! Gorgeous warming stew.

Also if doing a bolognese you could put the pasta in part way through rather than cooking in another pan.

There is a thread for slow cookers actually but can't link cause on me phone. If you can't find it I will go on the computer and find the link for you x

Slow cookers are amazing, throw in some extra lean mince, chopped onions, mushrooms, mixes herbs, crushed garlic, passata and chopped tomato give it a stir go to work come home boil some spaghetti and you have perfect spaghetti bolognese

X x x

mmmmm yum yum! Sounds lush! Do you need to cook the mince first? Or am I just being dense lol! x

With slow cookers I love to do beef stewing steak, chopped root veg, chopped tomatoes, chilli and stock. Leave on all day, do some rice when you are ready to eat and voila! Gorgeous warming stew.

Also if doing a bolognese you could put the pasta in part way through rather than cooking in another pan.

There is a thread for slow cookers actually but can't link cause on me phone. If you can't find it I will go on the computer and find the link for you x

Eeee this sounds amazing!!

I have found the slow cookers threead... thanks hun, am having a read through now.. trying to make everything as cheap as possible haha!
Can't wait to start 30 Day Shred although have a feeling my legs are going to hate me for it! x

Ela ine said:
mmmmm yum yum! Sounds lush! Do you need to cook the mince first? Or am I just being dense lol! x

Eeee this sounds amazing!!

Nope, the slow cooker will cook it, I set mine on auto and it will raise and lower the temperature throughout the day but if you don't have auto just set it on low if your leaving it all day and high will do it in 3 to 4 hours x x x

MinkyDinky said:

I find the pasta turns into a horrible stodgey mess if you put it in with the bolognese - its much nicer cooking it fresh, plus pasta only takes 10 mins! X x x

I am 16st 7lbs...first 1 stone is my target, so let me get into the 15's!! il be back on here to let you all know x

Loving the idea of bolognaise in the slow cooker-I hadn't thought of that 1 x

So far the weeks going well for me-let's hope it shows on the scales on weds x

Hey, I started last week at 17st1 and have lost 5lb this week so I am now in here at 16st10lb.

Hoping for a 2lb loss for my 2nd week so I will of lost half a stone :)

Thanks for ideas guys :)
Day 4 of 100% and looking forward to being OUT if the 16's for good x

Back