From 16's to 15's

Aarrgghh what am i doing !!! I had a rodeo burger large meal from burger king !!!! :eek: ...
It was delicious but boy am i stuffed !! Meat,cheese and onion rings and lush potatoey chips.
Think i might do some 10 min exercises to burn like 10 calories off ;) ...
Oh well 2 possibly 3 mile walk for me in the morning.

Franalamadingdong said:
Uh oh grumpybum! We have colds (and time of the month) so it can be sucky, went for a walk and felt much better. Sounds silly but the cool air flushed out all the head smog.

I spent most of my day scraping 20 year old carpet lining off my mum's dining room floor :/ I'm coughing green after that - so much dust! So sore throat is worse now! Boo :(

eww and oh no! i love dr stuart's throat remedy tea. but i searched all the health food stores in bridport yesterday and not one bugger sold it. they had a different one but i like dr stuart's and know it works, if you can find soe near you buy it, it's brilliant for throats

I may have 8.5lbs to go but I keep looking at this thread in my subscribed list and I keep thinking (why on Earth have I posted in there? That can't be right...) but it is! To be down into the 15s soon boggles my mind and feels so good. Getting to an 'unhealthy' range of 14st seems so close and I'm SO on track of being in that 15 to 14s way before Christmas!

A good cheering up considering I have a rotten cold and can't sleep :( Think it's my star week, too!

Franalamadingdong said:
eww and oh no! i love dr stuart's throat remedy tea. but i searched all the health food stores in bridport yesterday and not one bugger sold it. they had a different one but i like dr stuart's and know it works, if you can find soe near you buy it, it's brilliant for throats

Good tip - thank you! I have gone straight from cold to stomach upset now, not happy! :/

managed half a pound this week, got my 2.5 award... 3 pounds until the 15s and am hoping to lose another 15lbs before xmas... here we go, best get cracking!!! haha x

I'm hoping to finally get kicked out this week - currently 16st 1lb! Just gotta shift 2lbs and I'm gone, should net me my 3.5 stone award too :)

not for much longer ellebear

and of course you can join us mumoftwoboys :)

I lost 1.5lbs this week. dunno how, i think her scales must be broken or i stood funny (not on one leg like i would like!) so i am down to 16st3lbs. hit my first interim of 4 stone 1lb (4 stone 2lbs as of today) so plundering on to the second interim target of 13stone (which is FOREVER AWAY.... also known as 7 stone 5lbs). plenty of mini goals along the way including the 4.5 stone for x-mas one :) 5lbs away, hurrah.

Franalamadingdong said:
not for much longer ellebear

and of course you can join us mumoftwoboys :)

I lost 1.5lbs this week. dunno how, i think her scales must be broken or i stood funny (not on one leg like i would like!) so i am down to 16st3lbs. hit my first interim of 4 stone 1lb (4 stone 2lbs as of today) so plundering on to the second interim target of 13stone (which is FOREVER AWAY.... also known as 7 stone 5lbs). plenty of mini goals along the way including the 4.5 stone for x-mas one :) 5lbs away, hurrah.

Nice loss Fran - well done! You'll be out of here soon too! ;)

Well I am now 15st 13lbs! Not going to the other group yet though in case I jinx it and gain next week. My weight has been all over the shop recently and I seem to lose/gain in a weekly cycle. I blame stupid hormones being stupid. :( If I lose next week - I'll be off! xxx

Hey all, Im looking for some massive inspiration to try to take me out of the 16's once and for all !! I started at 17st 4 in FEBRUARY and its just not happening for me. I do SW and I lose a few pounds, put on a few pounds, just constant yo-yoing. I have been having some 'issues' with health (bloating, toilet roubles etc, wont go into it too much!), been to the doctors about 5times recently saying Iv been following this and exercising - about 3 or 4 times a week in the gym, 5k runs, weights etc - not just twiddling my thumbs in there, properly breaking sweat and have had tests done for celiac disease, bowel issues checked etc and nothing. Last week weigh in was the turning point - I'd gone to america in September for 3 weeks, my first weigh in back I put on 2.5lb - very pleased as I had purposely exercised over there.
Then -0.5lb the week after.
Then last week 6lb ON !
I walked out of class and burst into tears....and not for the first time!! So I decided after researching gluten intolerance and celiac disease that I would wave goodbye to gluten and dairy this week and see if that made a difference. Im just at a loss. So I'v got my weigh in tomorrow and I have to say Im feeling 'thinner' so fingers crossed.

I have now been in the 16's for toooooo blooming long....so I wana join you guys on your journey to the 15's and then be in them with you too !! I think it'll do me good to post and stay on track!!

Did they check you for thyroidism and IBS. sounds like what my mum went through for a year. BUT she had me double checking everything for her, and had tried success express and a fast forward (which guarantees 7-10lbs loss... She lost 2.5lbs and again I was double checking everything so she had to stick to it 100%)

Ask your consultant if she has any tools to help jump start your losses and get you back on track and tell her what you told us.

All that said cutting out gluten and dairy at the same time will not help as it needs to be one at a time and under Dr supervision. Gluten is in everything. Soy sauce, soft drinks, brown sauce, worcester sauce, some yogurts, alcoholic drinks, etc. Other than your obvious bread, cereal and pasta.

Last edited:
Back