From 16's to 15's

Thanks Safia, I think I just come to realise that I have a pattern and once I put the effort in it may take three weeks to have a big loss and two small losses before that, often what happens is I lose a lot and I get my reward and come close to losing my next reward and then have two small losses after that, maybe next week I will lose a fair bit

Thanks Safia, I think I just come to realise that I have a pattern and once I put the effort in it may take three weeks to have a big loss and two small losses before that, often what happens is I lose a lot and I get my reward and come close to losing my next reward and then have two small losses after that, maybe next week I will lose a fair bit
I was exactly like that before i got pregnant and found after few small losses i would get a big loss too. Your doing so well you'l be in those 15s at your next weigh in x

I on the on the other hand have been so bad and am firmly in the 16s with a massive gain. The gain has given me the kick i needed and i have also changed back to my old group which has helped so fingers crossed if i be good i will be out of the 16s soon x

There are things completely out of my control at the moment Safia, I'm not expecting anything as then I wont be disappointed but I don't want a gain especially after the effort Im putting in, here is hoping for a loss of any sort on Tuesday

I was 16st 11lb last week and now down to 16st 6lb, I'm not sure how but I'm not complaining. I'll be joining a gym, which has recently opened next door to work so hopefully this'll get me under 16st.

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

I was 16st 11lb last week and now down to 16st 6lb, I'm not sure how but I'm not complaining. I'll be joining a gym, which has recently opened next door to work so hopefully this'll get me under 16st.

Well done on your loss x

Morning all. Hope you don't mind my posting but need some inspiration to get down into the 15s. I lost half a pound this week (which I know is still a loss) but a bit disappointed as have beem really good this week. I'm 16st3 (lost 2st2 so far), so I'm hoping I won't be long but I know that this feeling of disappointment is dangerous for me as I've given up at this stage many times before (and put everything back on). What keeps you all motivated and not giving up?

Jo.b, what keeps me motivated is why am I doing this and also how will I look in my lbd at Christmas. I bet your getting loads of compliments now, I'm getting them too and call me selfish but bring them on as they keep me motivated. Have you fitted back into your clothes that you always kept but couldnt fit into, I have. I know a lot of people would give them away but not me as I knew some day I would fit back into them, always look at the little things, everyone has them.

One very important factor, you have us and we are all here to help you. I was giving up last March because I had had a really good week and was expecting a huge loss and instead I stayed the same (imagine I was leaving after staying the same weight but totm came the next day) thankfully my friend talked common sense to me and pointed out all I had lost at that stage and that if I left I would go back to the weight I was and gain more, she said it in one line, I was giving up because of one week where I kept my weight the same and that was the lightbulb moment.

Dont give up and the fact you came on here, well done, you can do this

Devlass, in total I have gained 7.5Ibs since I joined, if I look on them as losses then I would have lost a total of 15Ibs (take back the 7.5Ibs I gained and then add another 7.5Ibs I would have lost) that is just over a stone, I see this as I kick in the you know where and I have learned more from those weeks (yes I have been annoyed, angry, upset and disappointed too) and learned a lot from them but overall I have lost 3st 13Ibs and that is what I focus on. There are weeks where I have gained but that is because totm or the tablets Im on tend to retain fluid and there is nothing I can do about it, I just move on and hope I have a big loss the following week (I think this may happen today at my weigh in).

Keep coming on here, trust me your motivation will come back. I dont think there is anyone who hasnt been through this :bighug:

Orla1973. I agree totally with what you're saying..its a matter of finding new ways to be motivated. It took years to put all this weight on and it'll take as long to take it off. I know what I'm like and I sabotage myself just when I'm making progress (mad I know). I get bored of being on plan and trying to keep it up. But I know when that's happening (like this week when I feel I deserve more than a half pound loss) and rather than just throwing in the towel like I would've done in the past I'm on here getting positive goodwill from others is progress for me. Thank you. I know if I can keep plugging away I'll likely have a really good loss next week or the next. :)

I can totally relate to this feeling, do you mind me asking do you feel overwhelmed that this is for life, I do. I said this to a friend and she said remember that the foods on sw are normal foods that we should be eating and to give you some consolation, the hardest part of sw is the beginning, once you get used to it then you will find your body will get used to it and eventually it will be a way of life after a while.

Keep going and if you fall off the wagon every so often then I hope you enjoyed it but remember to get back on again, we are human after all

You've hit the nail on the head, yes, it's because I know I've got to eat this way for the rest of my life. I know that this is basically how people of healthy weight eat (mostly healthy foods with the occasional treats) and that eating mostly high cal, high fat low nutrient foods (with the occasional fruit and veg!) put me at this weight but yet I'm finding it hard to get out of the (temporary) diet mindset and overwhelmed by the realism that if I ever want to get off this up and down weight rollercoaster then I've got to make a healthy lifestyle choice. It's easier to accept the plan as a way of life on a week when I've lost 3 or 4 pounds, I guess! It def. helps knowing that I'm not on my own and that lots of people go thru it at different times (thankfully not all at the same time as the forum would be a depressing place!). I think I'm just in a sorry for myself grump and need a kick up the behind!!

My motivation is that I was bought some shirts that I could fit into but were extremely tight, when I'm comfortable in these shirts then I'll be happy.

the fact that you came on here (yes a public forum) and said all what you have said suggests to me that you really want to do it, you have the hard work done by your determination (yes you do have that too as you wouldnt have come on here if you didnt have that). I can totally relate to this as I had the same mindset about what I ate, trust me it wont last and once you get your head in the right frame of mind then you will fly it. As soon as something negative or sad comes in your head, turn that into a positive and think oh if I say no then I can buy a size smaller in the shops and people are starting to compliment me, then you will want that to continue.

You can do it and well done for coming here and looking for the motivation and support that is so vital, for me definitely it is necessary

Was down 1Ib so I stay in the 16st bracket so hopefully all I need is half a pound next week and I will be leaving ye then

Back