From Big Bum to Glam Mum (with food diary)

It's weird how quickly the cravings can go, if you give them a chance! I'm much better when I go totally without chocolate than if I allow myself some using syns.

I think if I was to have a bit I would want more so I'm not chancing it!!!! lol

Eeek I had a sneeky peek at the scales this morning & its showing a 5lb loss!!! I would be delighted if thats what the scales say on Saturday!! I would be even more delighted if I could even loss an extra 0.5lb on top of that coz it would take me into the next stone bracket which would be amazing!! Not that I am being greedy or anything!!! lol :eek:

Anyway so far this morning I have just had breakfast (had a nice little lie in!!!) which was fresh pineapple & absolutely lush... I'll definitely be having more of that in the future!!! I've also had my normal 2 glasses of water with breakfast & am just sipping my green tea at the moment!! Lunch is going to be my good old faithful bacon & scrambled eggs (oh how I soo look forward to this every day!!! lol) & for dinner at the moment I am thinking salmon & rice (another of my favs!!!)

I actually cannot believe how I have fallen back into the swing of things & actually love that feeling of being in control of what I eat & when rather than grazing on all of the wrong things all day long. I have a lot more energy too which is a huge bonus & no doubt as more weight falls off that can only increase. That is the one thing that I miss most about when I lost weight before... I felt soo good & had tonnes of energy all day long!!!! Plus I loved clothes shopping!!!!! I have a few nice pieces in my wardrobe that I cannot wait to get back into!!! & skinny jeans.... oh how I miss being able to wear them too!! I havent really set a target date as such because I know things like this are hard to judge. I also know that last time I lost the first few stone fairly quickly & then hit a wall for a while so dont want to set a date & then feel like a failure if I dont manage to reach target by that date.... I am thinking about a mini Halloween or Christmas target but something that will hopefully be achievable to me. At the moment I am focusing on my Club 10 as my first mini target & have still 2 stone to go until I reach that so still a bit of work to do.

Well this morning I was sitting eating my breakfast of Mango. Melon & Pineapple while a cake is baking in my oven!!! The house smells absolutely divine but thankfully the cake is not for me!!!! Phew!!! To be honest it isnt that much of a chore for me to resist cake as although thats my day job you soon get sick of it & I was never a huge fan of eating cake anyway despite loving baking & decorating them!!

Anyway foodwise my day will go as follows

BREAKFAST: Chopped mango, Melon & Pineapple

LUNCH: Lean bacon & scrambled eggs

TEA: Chicken & bacon omelette & mullerlight

SNACKS: 2 alpen lights (HeB), 2 bags of snack a jacks (9 syns in total)

DRINKS: 2 cups of green tea (I've only 2 teabags left or I would have had more) Water I am aiming for 6-8 glasses & then I will allow myself 2 glasses of diet coke this evening

Oh dear.... for the first time since I started I am flippin starving!!! I know I could have a snack & I even have some syns left but I have tried so hard to stick to my 3 meals a day, watch my portion sizes & just have a couple of treats in the evening. My losses have been good so far & I know that they will slow down soon but in my head I want to make the most of them while my body is still adjusting in the hope of pushing that extra few lbs every week. I looked at my old SW food diary from the first time I done SW & I am definitely eating a lot less than I was even when I was a stone from target. I know I probably need to relax this even just a wee bit but I am putting the sudden hunger down to doing an accidental red day!! I need my carbs!!!! lol Anyway rather than giving in to the snacking I'm sitting sipping a cup of green tea with lemon which usually curbs any cravings & when I'm done I'm going to bed!!! Tomorrow.... I WILL BE HAVING MY CARBS!!!!! Not too many though coz Saturday morning is WI day :eek:

Well I am feeling a lot better today... not sure what happened last night but I am putting it down to a lack of carbs!!! Anyway today has been much better, I havent ate anymore than yesterday but I am having carbs for tea (my brown rice is in the rice cooker as we speak!!!)

Anyway food wise today went as follows

BREAKFAST: Pineapple, Kiwi & grapes

LUNCH: lean bacon & scrambled eggs

TEA: Brown rice & prawns, mullerlight

SNACKS: 2 Alpen lights (lemon drizzle of course!!!) HeB & 2 bags of snack a jacks (9 syns)

I'll check in again later. Hope you are all having a lovely evening x

Hello, subbing to your diary! food looks lush x

Thanks kally!! I know I probably need a bit more variety, particularly at lunch time but I'm enjoying it so far which I suppose is the main thing. Just hoping the scales are nice & kind in the morning x

Absolutely delighted that I am now into the 18's!!!!!!!!!!! I dont want to stay there for long though so 17's...... I'm coming to get you!!!!! lol :D:D:D

I weighed in this morning & had 8lb off bringing me to 18st 11lb.... delighted to be out of the 19's as thats a little milestone in itself!!! Now to get knuckled down & stay focused for the week ahead & hopefully try to drop a few more lbs!!! I would love to get my 2 stone shiney next week & also would be great to get my Club 10 but realistically I'm expecting these bigger losses to low down soon so might take a couple of weeks to get that. All the same though every little step is a step in the right direction!!!!!

Food for today will go as follows:

BREAKFAST: Pineapple (my latest little addiction!!!)

LUNCH: lean bacon & scrambled eggs (cant wait!!! believe it or not I really look forward to this everyday!!!)

TEA: Chicken fried rice!!!!!! yep.... I'm going to let my hair down!!!!:p 1 meal off plan with a line drawn under (once I lick the plate that is!!!!)

SNACKS: mullerlight, 2 alpen lights (HeB), snack a jacks 4.5 syns (just one today coz I am having a takeaway ;))

I hope everyone reading this has a lovely weekend & that the scales are kind to anyone weighing in over the weekend :D

What an amazing loss! Well done hun, and well done on getting into the next stone bracket :D That's my favourite part of this 'dieting' stuff :rolleyes: You're doing brilliantly, enjoy your off plan meal ;) xxx

What an amazing loss! Well done hun, and well done on getting into the next stone bracket :D That's my favourite part of this 'dieting' stuff :rolleyes: You're doing brilliantly, enjoy your off plan meal ;) xxx

Thanks Kally. My meal was lovely but I was full after just half of it!! It just shows how are appetites change!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

How you getting on? xx

Sorry I havent updated my diary in a few days!!!! :sign0007: but thankfully still on plan & actually finding that the plan is starting to become more second nature to me. Yesterday was just a disaster time wise but thankfully I managed to stay on plan by having fruit for breakfast.... ham & fruit for lunch & then tea (which by the time I got round to it it was after 8pm) ended up being a pasta & sauce. I usually save my syns for a couple of bags of snack a jacks to nibble on in the evening but I was too full after my late tea so just had my alpen lights as a HeB.

This morning has been a bit mixed up too. I had a cake to bake (not for me though thankfully!!) so I dropped the kids to school & came home & got started. Had a wee cup of tea & done a quick tidy up while it was baking & then after it had came out had 'brunch' so had some bacon & scrambled eggs!!! lol I'll have my fruit & yoghurt that I would usually have had for breakfast later & then tea tonight I'm having sticky chicken & some cous cous which I am looking forward to. Its definitely been a bit more hectic since the kids started back at school but I'm just glad that even though meals have been a bit hectic that I have managed to stay on plan!!! God knows what it will be like next week though when their dance classes start back too :argh:

I have been a disaster at keeping my diary updated this week with the kids starting back to school & trying to get into a routine again & a few busy days work wise too. Admittedly there have been days where breakfast has been lunch, lunch has been breakfast & tea has ended up at supper time but I did manage to stay on plan albeit a bit haphazardly. All in all though I weighed in this morning with a 6lb loss (probably mostly from the stress!!) but that takes me to 18st 5lbs so I am more than delighted to be in the lower half of the 18's & hopefully in a few weeks will graduate into the 17's. I'm also delighted to have 2 nice new shineys.. my 2stone & my club 10 that seemed soo far off when I first started. Hopefully this week will be a bit more organised (although I doubt it with the kids after school activities starting & they also start back to dance!!) This week I did end up having a bit more diet coke that whatI had been having on previous weeks so I dont want that habit to increase anymore so this week I will be back making a conscious effort to drink more water... I say as I sit here drinking a glass of diet coke!!!! ooops

Anyway I hope everyone has had a good week & onwards & downwards to next weigh in

Well yesterday I enjoyed my weekly off plan tea. Last night I had a chicken fried rice from the chinese takeaway. Not disastrous & I'm sure if I used my syns weekly I probably could have synned it within weekly syns but I tend to use mine daily so I'm not even going to go down the weekly syns route coz that all just gets too complicated & I feel by using them daily that it means you are having treats within moderation rather than saving them & having a binge once a week. Just my feelings & thats what works for me personally. I also believe that this plan is for life (well I really do this time round after losing before & getting within a stone of target & gradually watching it all slip back on as soon as I stopped following the plan. Thats why this time I made the conscious decision that I would have takeaway with my family once a week. I wouldnt feel guilty & when I finished the meal I woould draw a line & finish the rest of the day as I had started .... on plan!!! (albeit with one rather delicious off plan meal stuck in the middle!!) If it keeps me on track & doesnt affect my losses then I'm happy. If it starts to affect my losses well then obviously I'll have to look at it again.

Anyway enough about yesterday & back to today. This morning I had a slightly later breakfast so had some lean bacon, scrambled eggs & 2 krispbread (2/3 HeB) Lunch will be fruit salad & yoghurt & I'm having one of those disorganized where I havent decided what I will have for tea. I quite turkey steaks & cous cous so might have to make a wee trip to tescos to pick some up!!!!

This evenings snacks (lol) will be 2 bags of snack a jacks(9syns) plus an alpen light (the other bit of my HeB plus 1 syn)

I'm a bit slow to get started drinking my 2 litres of water this morning so I need to make an effort to keep sipping it this afternoon & I still need to get going on my green tea too. I'll aim for 2 cups today as I usually have had one by now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get going sooner & maybe aim for 3 :eek:

Off plan tea sounds so nice, haven't had fried rice from a takeaway in ages! going to find out how many syns it would be and maybe treat myself at the weekend :) x

Off plan tea sounds so nice, haven't had fried rice from a takeaway in ages! going to find out how many syns it would be and maybe treat myself at the weekend :) x

I rarely use all my syns everyday so I probably would have enough weekly leftover to use but I just have never bothered finding out plus I would say that each takeaway would be slightly different so it would probably only be a rough guesstimate anyway. Its lovely having a wee treat meal to look forward to though. I was far too strict with myself last time so I'm trying to take a more relaxed approach this time when it comes to takeaway night or any special occasions

Today has been one of those all over the place days for me & thats not just food wise either!!!! :sigh: Thankfully though I have managed to stay on plan. My nicely planned day all started with a forgotten PE kit that needed to be left up to the school which meant that I was running late for my appointment so I had no time for breakfast. I went to my appointment & came out & was soo hungry!!! Despite there being a McDonalds right beside me I managed to resist & nipped into tescos , got a few slices of turkey & a wee pot of pomegranate seeds & a bottle of water so that was breakfast sorted!!!

After that I had a few messages to do & by the time they were done it was time to collect the kids (still no lunch at this stage but managed to resist the offer of crisps & chocolate from a friend!!!!) So collected youngest 2 kids & then rushed home... made lunch (lean bacon, scrambled eggs & 2 pagen krispbread rolls part HeB & a mullerlight) Then there was a rush to get 2 homeworks done before lifting their big sister & then it was one homework before tea time. Honestly its like a never ending cycle!!!!!!

It worries me because this is how I feel off the wagon before coz life was so hectic everything seemed to get in the way & it was grab something quick here when I could which off course wasnt necessarily healthy!! Anyway tea was turkey steaks & asdas chosen by you spicy vegetable cous cous which I think is 1 syn for the pack which if this is correct is 1 syn well spent. I only had half a pack but I'm going to allow 1 syn anyway. For dessert I had some pineapple

Treats wise I have a packet of snack a jacks (sweet chilli flavour... I havent tried them yet so I will let you know 4.5 syns) 1 alpen light bar (part HeB plus 1 syn) & a 0% total greek yogurt mixed with a packet of options (I fancied a chocolately treat 2syns)

BREAKFAST - 2 slices of turkey, pomegranate seeds, bottle water

LUNCH - Lean bacon, Scrambled eggs, 2 pagen krispbreads (part HeB) mullerlight

TEA - Turkey steak, asda chosen by you spicy vegetable cous cous (1 syn) Pineapple

TREATS - Snack a jacks (4.5 syns) alpen light (HeB + 1 syn ) 0% total & options (2 syns)

Total syns for today = 7.5

Well what can I say other than the sweet chilli snack a jacks were absolutely lush!!! I will most definitely be buying them again

Todays discovery is alpro hazelnut milk!!! After constantly struggling to use my HeA I'm delighted to find this & 400ml too!!! It actually feels like a real treat!! I always used to love hazelnut lattes & I imagine warmed up with a wee bit of coffee this would be a pretty good alternative..... or even with some options added in!!! Has anyone else made any new slimming world discoveries lately?

Well foodwise yesterday ended up as follows. Not great as I have a horrible dose of lurgy & dont really have much of an appetite. I'm doing my best though

BREAKFAST: lean bacon, scrambled eggs, 2 krispbreads (HeB)

LUNCH: slice of turkey, mullerlight

TEA: Salmon & rice

HeA: 400ml alpro hazelnut

SYNS: a well meaning friend bought me a flavoured latte (I let the flavour sit at the bottom though & stopped when I hit the bottom in a long shot attempt at damage limitation) & I didnt have the heart not to drink it after her buying it. so even though I have no idea how many syns are in it I had no other syns at all yesterday

Back