From Big Bum to Glam Mum (with food diary)

My goodness, you are doing fantastically with your eating plan. You must be very proud. Well done. I am really bad at sticking to plan but I am sure I will get there slowly. Hope you don`t mind me looking in. It may help me to eat a little less. Again well done :)

My goodness, you are doing fantastically with your eating plan. You must be very proud. Well done. I am really bad at sticking to plan but I am sure I will get there slowly. Hope you don`t mind me looking in. It may help me to eat a little less. Again well done :)

Welcome Nanny Doreen, I am loving all the company I have on my diary to help keep me on track & if some of my diary helps someone then even better. I'm managing to stick to plan ok at the moment but know from experience that further down the line when the scales are refusing to budge that it gets a lot harder. I'm not looking forward to that bit at all coz its soo hard to keep the motivation going when you arent getting the rewards for what you are doing!!

I am loving having my nuts as my HeB choice but have to admit they really do taste like more... Is it bad that I have only just finished todays portion & I am looking forward to tomorrows already??? I have no idea why the last time I done SW that I never had nuts for my b choice.. I suppose that maybe the reason was that I done it to lose weight rather than thinking about the bigger picture & how I would maintain it when I got there (not that I actually got there..... :eek:) I suppose its true what they say you should enjoy the journey rather than focusing too much on the destination so thats what I intend to do this time. I'm not going to beat myself up with guilt over going off plan for a special occasion, instead I will have a great time & get back on plan the next day. That damn guilt has a lot to answer for doesnt it!!!

I posted this on another thread & thought it would be interesting to add a bit about me to my diary. So here goes

I'm a cake maker & decorator as my day job which might sound like a nightmare for some people but believe me when you make cake day in & day out that last thing that you want to do is eat any!!! I got within a stone of target 3 years ago & then I fell off the wagon & its took me to now to get back on... I kept thinking that I had done soo much damage that I put off & put off until I no longer thought about it & now I am basically back where I started. Its that feeling of feeling fit & having lots of energy & loving shopping for new clothes that is keeping me going!! I am soo mindful of portion sizes this time despite that not really being the SW way but for me I think I need to be just for me if that makes sense. I weigh out things like rice, pasta, cous & make sure I am having a portion rather than having anymore. I'm rubbish at eating vegetables unless they are in soup (its still a bit warm for soup yet!!! lol) but I do my best to have my 1/3 superfree & I usually have a fruit breakfast (on the run!!! lol) the other thing is I am a REALLY fussy eater which drives my husband crazy!!!! lol I have my favourite foods & I do tend to mostly stick to them. I dont eat a lot of red meat other than a few slices of lean bacon for my lunch most days & my teas mainly consist of either turkey, chicken or fish (I love all fish except tuna which I cant even stand the smell of!!! lol)

I have 3 kids who are all girls & all love dancing (hence my username) so I constantly seem to be running them places but I adore them & they are happy so that is the main thing. Thankfully my kids have a much healthier relationship with food than what I had. They are very aware of what is healthy & what isnt & also aware of everything in moderation. I really should have taken a leaf out of their books. I guess that I want to make sure that I am a good role model for them & also I dont want to be the 'fat mum' especially if I am taking my daughters to auditions & things I would hate to embarrass them or worse ruin any opportunities for them. So I have decided that no matter what it takes that I will get to & stay at target not just for me but for them too. I havent mentioned my husband because he loves me either way & is happy if I am happy.

Believe it or not I was actually a very active person growing up despite eating completely the wrong things so I didnt have a weight problem until after I had my kids.... 3 kids in 4 years isnt exactly good for the waistline!!! Admittedly though it was being active that kept my weight under control because my diet was horrendous... it was basically freezer to oven to plate... I suppose it could have been worse & the oven could have been a microwave!!! lol The last time I lost weight I took up running & kettlebells & my aim when I drop a few more stone is to get back to these to hopefully tone up too as lose a few more inches. I'm thinking that when I reach the 13's thats when I will start to do the more serious exercise & up to that I will just stay active & try to do plenty of walking.

Anyway that is basically me..... would love to hear more about all of you though

I had a sneaky little peak at the scales this morning after resisting for a few days & I'm pleased to say there is a little movement, not a lot but movement in the right direction which is the main thing.

Foodwise this morning I really fancied sausages so I went & bought some quorn sausages (the frozen packs of 8 was all I could see) & had them with my lunch. I have to admit that I am still undecided whether I liked them or not plus I'm not sure how many syns they are... I guesed around 1 syn each but that could be way out. Anyway this is how today has been

BREAKFAST: raspberries

LUNCH: lean bacon, scrambled eggs & 2 quorn sausages (2 syns?)

TEA: sticky chicken with cous cous (1 1/2 syns) mullerlight

HEA:400ml alpro hazelnut

HEB: 5 almond, 5 hazelnut, 6 cashew

SNACKS: 1 bag snack a jacks (4.5 syns)

I'm going to air on the side of caution with my syns today until I fond out for definite how many the quorn sausages are

I had a sneaky little peak at the scales this morning after resisting for a few days & I'm pleased to say there is a little movement, not a lot but movement in the right direction which is the main thing.

Foodwise this morning I really fancied sausages so I went & bought some quorn sausages (the frozen packs of 8 was all I could see) & had them with my lunch. I have to admit that I am still undecided whether I liked them or not plus I'm not sure how many syns they are... I guesed around 1 syn each but that could be way out. Anyway this is how today has been

BREAKFAST: raspberries

LUNCH: lean bacon, scrambled eggs & 2 quorn sausages (2 syns?)

TEA: sticky chicken with cous cous (1 1/2 syns) mullerlight

HEA:400ml alpro hazelnut

HEB: 5 almond, 5 hazelnut, 6 cashew

SNACKS: 1 bag snack a jacks (4.5 syns)

I'm going to air on the side of caution with my syns today until I fond out for definite how many the quorn sausages are

If they say 'back by popular demand' on the front then they're free, if not then 1 syn each :) x

If they say 'back by popular demand' on the front then they're free, if not then 1 syn each :) x

Thank you hun.... unfortunately they are the 1 syn ones then but I'm happy enough with that

No problem, they're lovely and well worth the 1 syn :)

Thank you, yes they are definitely worth 1 syn & great that they are frozen & can just have 1 rather than having to use the whole pack

Its been a bit of a hectic day today but here is todays food plan:

BREAKFAST: bacon, scrambled eggs, 1 pagen krispbread (2syns)

LUNCH: erm...... forgot about.. by the time I remembered I was running late so had some nuts (HeB) & special k sweet chilli crackers (4.5 syns)

TEA: sticky chicken, cous cous, sweetcorn

HeA: 400ml alpro hazelnut

HeB: 5 almonds, 5 hazelnuts, 6 cashews

SNACKS: mullerlight, snack a jacks (4.5 syns)

TOTAL SYNS: 11

Food sounds good :) I always forget we can have nuts as a hexb, I need to shake up my hex's so I might give it a whirl :)

Its nice to be able to have a bit of variety & I love being able to have nuts. I'm sure it is total coincidence but the scales arent moving much for me this week.... (on my sneaky daily checks!!! lol) so unless a miracle happens between today & tomorrow morning I'm looking at a couple of lbs max!!! Still happy coz at least its a couple of lbs in the right direction & to be honest last time I done this when I had a big loss one week it was usually followed by a smaller one the week after. Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow morning though

Ok so here is todays food plan.......

BRUNCH:....:)ashamed0005: I know, I know, I need to get myself better organised) Lean bacon, scrambled eggs, apple

TEA: 2 turkey steaks, asda chosen by you spicy vegetable cous cous (1/2 syn)

SNACKS: mullerlight, snack a jacks (4.5 syns)

HeA: 400ml hazelnut alpro

HeB: 2 cashews, 1 alpen light

Yay!!!! 4lbs off for me this week after panicking about ending up with a gain after last weeks loss. To be honest I would have been happy with anything in the right direction as the scales really werent budging much all week!!!

I'm aiming for another 4lbs loss next week because that would take me into the 16's, get me my 3 1/2 stone award & also it would mean I have reached a half century which would be just amazing!!! Part of me still cannot believe that I am now 6 weeks in & have not only stuck at it without actually missing chocolate. I know I can have a bit but I chose not to for fear of starting & not being able to stop. I will address this in the future though but i think its just too early days yet. I feel so much better in myself too. I feel I am naturally more active now as I have a lot more energy than I had & little things just dont seem as much of an effort now either. I am actually soo excited about about dropping each half stone or entering a new stone bracket even though as soon as you enter a new one the only thing on your mind is getting into the next!!!! lol

I know I like to set myself mini targets & to be honest some of them probably are a little optimistic at times but I always like to have something to aim for. I kind of live my life by the quote "Always aim for the moon - even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars" & have brought my girls up to always aim high as often even when you dont first achieve what you originally set out to do when you stop & look back at what you have achieved that in itself is every bit as amazing.

Yay!!!! 4lbs off for me this week after panicking about ending up with a gain after last weeks loss. To be honest I would have been happy with anything in the right direction as the scales really werent budging much all week!!!

I'm aiming for another 4lbs loss next week because that would take me into the 16's, get me my 3 1/2 stone award & also it would mean I have reached a half century which would be just amazing!!! Part of me still cannot believe that I am now 6 weeks in & have not only stuck at it without actually missing chocolate. I know I can have a bit but I chose not to for fear of starting & not being able to stop. I will address this in the future though but i think its just too early days yet. I feel so much better in myself too. I feel I am naturally more active now as I have a lot more energy than I had & little things just dont seem as much of an effort now either. I am actually soo excited about about dropping each half stone or entering a new stone bracket even though as soon as you enter a new one the only thing on your mind is getting into the next!!!! lol

I know I like to set myself mini targets & to be honest some of them probably are a little optimistic at times but I always like to have something to aim for. I kind of live my life by the quote "Always aim for the moon - even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars" & have brought my girls up to always aim high as often even when you dont first achieve what you originally set out to do when you stop & look back at what you have achieved that in itself is every bit as amazing.

Omg it's falling off you! Well done :D Mini targets are great, it makes it seem less daunting x

aww massive congrats on your loss hun. fantastic and a great boost to keep going and sticking to plan.

I know what you mean about the chocolate even if I have a little bar I always want more! Doh!

Hope you have a lovely Saturday xx

Omg it's falling off you! Well done :D Mini targets are great, it makes it seem less daunting x

aww massive congrats on your loss hun. fantastic and a great boost to keep going and sticking to plan.

I know what you mean about the chocolate even if I have a little bar I always want more! Doh!

Hope you have a lovely Saturday xx

Thanks ladies.... so long as it keeps falling off (even at a slower rate) kally I'll be happy. Newme14 I'm glad its not just me as far as the chocolate is concerned.. I'm sure eventually we will enjoy a small piece but at theminute believe it or not I'm not actually even missing it.. maybe the odd time I think a piece would be nice but it soon passes x

Soooo here goes my food diary for today... I had a lovely lie in which was bliss so too late for breakfast so I'm afraid it really was brunch today..

BRUNCH: lean bacon & scrambled eggs

TEA: birds eye salmon with lemon & dill sauce & rice (70g portion)

HeA: 400ml hazelnut alpro

HeB: 6 cashews & 10 almonds

SNACKS: mullerlight, 2 packets of snack a jacks (9syns)

I was dead chuffed today when a friend said that not only did she notice my weightloss but her husband did too & he never notices anything!!!! lol It was a nice little NSV that people are beginning to notice. I asked my hubby of he thought it was noticeable & he laughed & asked me if I was serious... he said its really noticeable.... eeeeek I cant wait to lose some more now!!!! Never happy!!!! hahahaha

Well done on your loss this week...I bet it's really noticeable that you have lost weight, you are doing sooooo well :) I read somewhere that it's meant to take 8 weeks for friends and family to notice so you're well ahead of the game!

Well done on your loss this week...I bet it's really noticeable that you have lost weight, you are doing sooooo well :) I read somewhere that it's meant to take 8 weeks for friends and family to notice so you're well ahead of the game!

Thanks hun.... I suppose really all I have been thinking of is the numbers on the scales. I knew obviously I had dropped a jeans size & a couple of sizes in tops but I didnt really expect others to notice coz I suppose I still see myself as having a lot to lose

Well yesterday I enjoyed my off plan meal of Chicken fried rice & it was worth every syn (though I havent really a clue how many syns are in it!!! lol) Apart from that the rest of yesterday was on plan. I had a sw fry up for brunch (cant beat a sunday lie in!!) made by hubby which was even better!!! had an afternoon snack of chopped apple & grapes & syns were 2 bags of snack a jacks. Healthy extras were 200ml hazelnut alpro (only 1/2 I know) & 20 almonds for my HeB... (need to stock up on nuts!!!)

Today is a bit of nightmare if I'm honest. I have been busy all day working on a cake so skipped breakfast... I had bacon & eggs for lunch & I have absolutely no clue what I'll have for tea!!! I will update later though & whatever it is will be on plan..

I managed to resist a sneaky peek at the scales this morning (I always try to resist for a few days after a takeaway though I have discovered that so long as there os no sauce involved it usually doesnt affect the scales much!!!) I'm just dying to see a 16 something appear on the scales.......

Back