From Big Bum to Glam Mum (with food diary)

hey hun, hope all is well :) x

Sorry ladies, very stressful couple of days but all good now. I'm not sure how the scales will be come Saturday morning though, not coz I have eaten off plan, more like I haven't eaten at all since yesterday morning. I've just put on some salmon & rice which to be honest I don't really even want but I'm trying to make an effort to get back on the straight & narrow by having something today at least. Honestly if stress burns calories I should be nearly a size zero by now!!!! Lol I promise to get back to eating properly tomorrow x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well ladies after a very stressful couple of days this week I'm delighted to report a 2lb loss taking me to 16 stone 10. I think too that in a way I suppose I had a little NSV in not being tempted to stray off plan & eat the wrong thing which would probably have been the easy thing to do. I also know that I can survive without food for 24 hours!!!! lol Thankfully all is well now (& I promise when I get this house move over I am never moving houses again!!!! lol) & last night hubby asked me if I fancied a takeaway after the week we had & I resisted.... well resisted until this evening!!! lol I have had lovely comments from people this week about how well I am looking which I think was a huge factor in me not being tempted to demolish a huge bar of chocolate though I think I dealt differently in that I just shut down & food was the enemy... Anyway I hope you are all having a good weekend x

Hi dance mum, well done on your loss. Fantastic and well done for not giving in to a takeaway. moving house is so stressful I never want to move house ever again either!!

Well ladies after a very stressful couple of days this week I'm delighted to report a 2lb loss taking me to 16 stone 10. I think too that in a way I suppose I had a little NSV in not being tempted to stray off plan & eat the wrong thing which would probably have been the easy thing to do. I also know that I can survive without food for 24 hours!!!! lol Thankfully all is well now (& I promise when I get this house move over I am never moving houses again!!!! lol) & last night hubby asked me if I fancied a takeaway after the week we had & I resisted.... well resisted until this evening!!! lol I have had lovely comments from people this week about how well I am looking which I think was a huge factor in me not being tempted to demolish a huge bar of chocolate though I think I dealt differently in that I just shut down & food was the enemy... Anyway I hope you are all having a good weekend x

Well done honey, you're doing great :) xx

Sorry for my absence things have just been hectic as the kids were all starting a new school yesterday so it was a busy weekend getting organised for that & then yesterday as we are having to travel until we move house I just felt like I lived in my car!!!!! Anyway despite that I managed to somehow stick to plan (by the seat of my pants!!! lol)

BREAKFAST: didnt exist!!!! Ooops

LUNCH: Ham, banana, apple, 12 cashew nuts (HeB) Not ideal but better than a McD's!!!

TEA: salmon, rice & veg & mullerlight

SNACKS: snack a jacks (4.5) kit kat (5.5)

Total syns: 10

As you can see it really wasnt ideal but I tried to make the best of a bad situation (& whatever the closest convenience store had on offer!!)

Today I'm a bit more organised. I say a bit coz I'm back to brunches again!!! But I have to leave home really early in order to get the girls to school on time not that its not 2 minutes from home so all of my energy goes on getting them out on time!! Then I have to leave again just before lunch so brunch it is!!! It wont be forever though so in the meantime it will just have to do so

BRUNCH: lean bacon, scrambled eggs & pomegranate seeds (obviously I had the pomegranate seeds after!!! lol)

TEA: gammon with pasta & sauce with veg (I'm feeeling lazy coz I'm tired already from all the driving!!!! lol)

SNACKS: snack a jacks (the sweet chilli are yum... remind me of flamin hot monster munch) 4.5 syns, Kit Kat 5.5 syns, 12 cashew nuts HeB

Hi I'm having a go at doing red days at home. How much potato am I allowed please?

Hi I'm having a go at doing red days at home. How much potato am I allowed please?

I do mostly EE so you would be better asking in the main forum to be sure incase I told you the wrong amount as my books are out of date by a few years

Well done for staying on track while you are so busy and not hitting the nearest mc Donald's. you are doing great and I don't see anything wrong with what you had I had a similar dinner to you yesterday only I had chicken instead of salmon! Keep up the good work :) x

Well done for staying on track while you are so busy and not hitting the nearest mc Donald's. you are doing great and I don't see anything wrong with what you had I had a similar dinner to you yesterday only I had chicken instead of salmon! Keep up the good work :) x

Thanks hun.. its hard to beat a bit of rice & veg with a bit of soy sauce mixed in & chicken or fish isnt it... I actually love it but I do kind of feel a bit lazy coz its so handy especially when the whole family loves it

Just checking in with yesterdays food diary... I even managed breakfast!!!! wooohoo!!! To be fair though I had a really late tea so needed to try to have a breakfast to help tide me over.. Lunch was eaten (in the school) between school pick ups & I have to say it really was quite yummy so I will definitely do that again tomorrow.

BREAKFAST: Lean bacon, scrambled eggs, small bowl raspberries

LUNCH: asda chosen by you spicy veg cous cous with flaked smoked mackerel (I'm counting 1 syn for this as the cous cous was 1/2 a packet so 1/2 syn & I used very little smoked mackerel which was plain from asda & I found a post saying that it was 1 syn for the pack.. I used nowhere near half a pack though) apple

TEA: salmon & rice (quick & handy at 8.30pm lol) followed by a banana & custard mullerlight with 17g porridge oats & 6 crushed cashews on top (HeB) I found this a really yummy dessert (plus I had forgotten about my HeB all day!!!)

SNACKS: snack a jacks 4.5 Kit Kat 5.5

Total syns: 10

No HeA used

I actually thought for a day on the run I didnt do too badly. I still dont understand why smoked mackerel is synned but for all I use I'm not going to stress about it..... as I have said before... whatever it is its bound to be better than a McD's!!!!! Speaking of McD's the one thing I actually miss from there is the peach & passion fruit iced smoothies... I always thought they were lush!!!! I know they are less than 200 calories but I'm guessing that they probably still are quite high in syns... In saying that though I dont think I would stress if I had one for all the calories there are in them!!! lol :eek:

How is everyone week going this week?

another great day on plan hun, well done. OMG I miss McDonalds so much too although I did have a cheeky one a few weeks ago!! 200cals isn't to bad for that I wonder would you use the 20 cal one syn rule on it? So it would be 10syns for it? You could have a treat over the weekend :). I had my weigh in yesterday and was down 3lbs so happy with that. It's all going in the right direction ! Hope you have a lovely day :)

another great day on plan hun, well done. OMG I miss McDonalds so much too although I did have a cheeky one a few weeks ago!! 200cals isn't to bad for that I wonder would you use the 20 cal one syn rule on it? So it would be 10syns for it? You could have a treat over the weekend :). I had my weigh in yesterday and was down 3lbs so happy with that. It's all going in the right direction ! Hope you have a lovely day :)

Well done hun. Thats a great loss. I have to admit that thankfully I was never a huge fan of McDonalds.... my weakness is chinese which I have once a week (as a treat meal!!! lol) I'm guessing the 20 cal one syn rule would probably apply though I have to admit if my family were going to McDonalds I would be willing to chance one albeit as a better option & a lot lowere in calories & syns than a meal. I have promised myself that I wont be stressing about the small things this time because thats how it all went wrong for me last time..... (I was like a crazy woman obsessed with everything being 110% on plan) I am soo much more laid back this time & not going to stress if I have a small gain after a special occasion & I'm not going to be on plan xmas day etc. Its hard at times though & I know it will be hard the first time I have a gain but i think overall my attitude is a lot healthier this time which hopefully will keep me on the straight & narrower

Woohoooo I am officially & very comfortably into a size 18 in jeans & trousers & some of my size 16 tops are starting to fit too!!! If I was a comfortable 16 all over for Christmas I would be absolutely thrilled!!! Mind you I am thrilled at the minute to now be an 18 all over & generally just feeling like I have soo much more energy than before. Sometimes I actually think nice & all as it is watching the numbers on the scales that its these NSV's that are actually what hits us & means the most..

Anyway my food diary from yesterday

BRUNCH: lean bacon & scrambled eggs, banana

SNACK: apple & 12 cashews (HeB)

TEA: pasta & sauce made using milk from HeA with sweetcorn & peppers. Mullerlight

SNACKS: snack a jacks (4.5) kit kat (5.5)

Nothing hugely exciting I'm afraid, but it filled me up so that was the main thing. I'm almost afraid to say it but my sneaky peek at the scales was looking good this morning too so fingers crossed it still looks good tomorrow morning too. I'll try to update my food diary for today later on... I feel like I have been playing catch up all week :eek:

I love Chinese too haven't had one in ages though! Might treat myself to one when I hit 6st! your right though I even know myself now say if I was having a meal out I go for the healthier option like mcdonalds before I'd get a meal and of get extra nuggets or something. Last time I was in there I just had the meal and that was enough.

Well done on fitting into smaller clothes. I really love NSV! best of luck for your weigh in tomorrow I'm sure you will do great :) xx

I love Chinese too haven't had one in ages though! Might treat myself to one when I hit 6st! your right though I even know myself now say if I was having a meal out I go for the healthier option like mcdonalds before I'd get a meal and of get extra nuggets or something. Last time I was in there I just had the meal and that was enough.

Well done on fitting into smaller clothes. I really love NSV! best of luck for your weigh in tomorrow I'm sure you will do great :) xx

Isnt it amazing how our appetites change

Ok so food for today.....

BRUNCH: bacon & scrambled eggs. mullerlight

SNACK: 12 cashews (HeB)

TEA: salmon veg & rice

SNACKS: snack a jacks (4.5) kit kat (5.5) 4 mikados (2)

Total syns: 12

Back