From cambridge to Atkins add a meal?

Hi woof, hope things are going well for you today! Ive just had a look at packs iv got left over from cd and the shakes have 14g of carbs, the choc peanut crunch bars have 13.5 grams of carbs in so compared to atkins its relatively high in carbs!!! Everyones journey is personal and what works for one may not work for an other, im just enjoying eating food again and for me atkins was the right way forward, all you can do is give it a go and see what happens

xx

Hi Jules.
Sound words babes, Im going to have a wirl and see where it takes me. Like you said, everyone is different which makes it a fun world :eek:)

Woof x

hiya iv been on the cambridge for the last 4 weeks- get weighed tommorrow been on ss+ for the last week and iv skipped a porrige and had like 2 quorn sausages instead and some spinach. missing my food too much, perhaps atkins is for me then?? What exactly is atkins tho??!! ha ha i know its low carb but do you need to count the carbs you are having?? if so how much im a veggie too so i would be eating quorn and tofu which im sure is ok. I am thinking 2moro will be my judgement day to see if i have messed up by stowling off the cambridge....................

Hi, oh dont forget to post, cant wait to see the out come...
Good luck, fingers crossed for a great weigh-in

Woof X

Good morning,

missing my food too much, perhaps atkins is for me then?? What exactly is atkins tho??!! ha ha i know its low carb but do you need to count the carbs you are having?? if so how much im a veggie too so i would be eating quorn and tofu which im sure is ok

Donna and Jack, go to this link and see what you think

ATKINS

I just couldn't do a VLCD again, just remembering the hunger gives me the judders! A friend of mine does excellent on it though, she says it helps her to diet if she doesn't have to worry about food at all, and I suppose I can see her point. As for the carb content, it is quite high considering its ketosis inducing, you would think it would be lower? Mind you, I saw some allged 'low-carb bars' in a health shop the other day and they were 19g of carbs per bar! Mental!

I saw some allged 'low-carb bars' in a health shop the other day and they were 19g of carbs per bar! Mental!

what your daily level of carbs on induction in 1 bar!!

Thnk god I never went that route is all I can say.

I know, I was in shock, I was planning on grabbing a few for emergencies at work / uni but just put them back on the shelf in stunned silence. And they were 2 quid each!

Dear God, I know it's not news, but the diet/health food industry is a rip off isn't it.

Too right mate, too right. Its cheaper to be unhealthy. How is that ethical? Grrrrrrrrr.

Too True, it's all about profit isn't it.

With cd you are only ever in mild ketosis as its very low calorie that is what gets the weight off quickly. The ketosis is just a little hand to help it all on it's way.
Also if you were to do a meal replacement diet like slimfast you would feel much hungrier as there are about 25g of carbs per serving & most of that is sugar.
The mild ketosis "helps" to keep the hunger at bay.
Where Atkins is about hardcore ketosis to get the pounds off & initially you don't count cals. You only do that when you move up the Atkins plans.
I love The Atkins, but found I couldn't shift the weight as much after being on a vlcd. I just maintained, & it was really really hard to keep my cals to 1000, which is what they say to do to lose weight on Atkins after a vlcd.
So once I get this last bit off I'm going to to use the rest of the Atkins plans as my stepping stones to get onto maintenance....

I love The Atkins, but found I couldn't shift the weight as much after being on a vlcd. I just maintained, & it was really really hard to keep my cals to 1000, which is what they say to do to lose weight on Atkins after a vlcd.

I think I'm glad really that I never had to count cals as well as carbs Zobo.

Back