From Fat Matt to... well, we'll see!

Well done Matt! Wish some of your loosing ways would rub off on me..lol..

Thanks guys!

Hey I'm not that much ahead of you Gemsta, lol :p

I'm going to buy a suit for my brother's wedding next week, should be interesting!

Going to have another SP day or two this week. Not expecting another 3lb loss, but 2lbs would be nice.

Not sure how strictly I'm going to follow it, because I find the logic of it a little questionable, aha. I was going to have beans on 2 slices of toast, and a piece of fruit or two after, with the 2 slices of toast meaning it wouldn't exactly be 50% Speed 50% Protein. But according to the same plan, I can have beans and 2 pieces of fruit, and eat 4 hi-fi bars throughout the day? xD

Isn't eating 2 slices of toast with my meal the same as eating half a plate of beans with fruit on the side, and having 2 hifi bars for dessert?

I probably question this plan too much :D

Last edited:
SP day is going well so far, I think! Beans on toast for breakfast and a pear (didn't have time to eat the apple so ate it a couple of hours later), and just had butternut squash cajun chips and BBQ chicken drumsticks/thighs. Doing a chilli con carne for the first time later, and having it with cauliflower rice for the first time!

Cauliflower rice and chilli con carne was a success! I definitely wouldn't always replace rice with cauliflower rice, but it's a nice way to get some speed in on an SP day.

Enjoyed 10 syns on a Maxibon ice cream, and about to enjoy 2 on a Hazelnut Highlights :D

Lol Matt! My losses are rubbish of late though! Never mind...holiday next weekend and then concentrate on it properly again once back. Planning on been reasonable good brekkie and lunch whilst away so hoping the gain is not too bad!

When is the wedding? ...don't jump the gun too much you may loose a fair bit still yet! :)

Just try not to let weight loss get in the way of having a good time! Very jealous of the trip to Egypt!

The wedding is 4 weeks tomorrow, so hoping to lose another 5lbs at least. But I don't think that'd change my appearance much, lol.

I have a couple of tricky days coming up. A day out to Llandudno next Friday, so that'll probably be a meal out and a chippy. Then my brother and his fiancé coming to Sheffield in a couple of weeks, so another one/two meals out. Determined not to make a complete mess of it though. 4 and a half months til Japan, after all!

1lb off this week! Was hoping for a little more, but it's a pound in the right direction. Just need to not mess up my day out in Llandudno!

1lb off is definitely the right direction :) You have great determination and something amazing to look forward to, so no reason why you can't stay in control :)

Thanks guys, hope you have a great week too! I was going to do a couple of SP days, but think I'll just be smarter on Extra Easy instead, like having smaller portions but not small enough where I'm hungry. I don't know how I'll tackle the day out, especially as everyone will be having things like ice cream, a meal out and a chippy.

I can't remember how much of this I've said, but I've got so much on until the end of June. I'd love to have lost 10lbs or so by then, but it's going to be my biggest struggle I've had on plan. Llandudno, brother coming to Sheffield for 2 days next week, hen/stag do on the 30th May, wedding 6th June, end of exam celebrations around 13th June, Whitby on the 22nd-24th, concert on the 24th.

How're you getting on? :)

Have you thought of using flexi syn at all? It's how I protected my weight losses when I had a big night plan, I would not have any syns any other day-that way you would have 105 to play with (or have many more-oops). I know it's not something that's recommended but you generally get 1 day grace that way and I've always come in with a loss as long as I didn't go into 2 or 3 days of crazy eating of course.....:). Anyway it's not for everyone but definitely worked for me!

My social life has become none existent lol but I guess it gives me a chance to knuckle down except a couple occasions when I'm driving instead of drinking-what has happened to me ha. You have got a lot on but I would tackle it one day/night out at a time-you're doing fab :)

Isn't flexi-synning where you give yourself a new limit of say, 25 for the day? I did the weekly syns thing recently though, and I still lost 2lbs, so may try again over these next few days. Today didn't go terribly but it didn't go well either. My parents bought two combos to share, which was basically everything deep fried. Tempura, onion rings, chicken goujons, garlic mushrooms. Not the slightest idea on how many syns that was. Then for main I had fish, chips and mushy peas, which I'd guess was around 28 syns? Then an ice cream sundae, which I'd guess around 15-20 syns. Drinks were fine, I stuck to diet coke and tea all day.

Looks like it's another week of fingers crossed for weigh in! I'd be surprised if I've put on as it wasn't horrendous or glutinous, it was a standard meal someone of any weight would have. But I'd still be disappointed with a maintain or half a pound even if it is deserved! Hoping a light breakfast yesterday helped and a breakfast of just an apple and a banana helped today.

This isn't the first time I've posted here with good intentions and they go to pot. Why do we as slimmers do this to ourselves?! :p

I honestly don't give myself a massive social life either, for the reasons above, lol. That said it's worth it. I'm the lowest weight I've been for years and still no chance of giving up. No matter how many times I make stupid decisions I regret, it's not enough to make me want to stop losing weight!

I suppose it's getting a good balance, as I think a lot of people would feel deprived knowing they couldn't have anything on the other days. And thanks, me too!

My brother got me some fudge yesterday. Had around 5 syns for the day an hour ago, then had around 8 syns of fudge. Then I had a "last couple of pieces" before I binned the few that were left to save myself, my thinking being "if I have them now, I'm saving myself on other days". The things we do at times to justify eating huh :D

Well done on a brilliant loss :) And the award!! Amazing! Hope you are having a good week :)

Thanks Elanor! Having a good week thanks, how about you? :D Had S Club 7 on Thursday which was amazing, and my brother and fiance came to Sheffield for a couple of days. So had an off plan day but that's fine by me :)

Finished university lessons this week which I'm way too happy about, aha. Just in exam period now. Should I be concerned that I'm not stressed at the moment? :p

Bought a suit yesterday for my brother's wedding, a slim fit one too! Want to show off my loss so far where I can after all :p

I'm also around the weight I want to be at for the time of year. Wanted to be 12 and a half stone by my brother's wedding, just a pound from that and I have 2 more weigh ins before the big day :D

Back