From Fat Matt to... well, we'll see!

Don't feel guilty for eating what you wanted :) It's not as if you were on a mindless binge, you were in control, and now you carry on how you want to :)

Beer in pub gardens is one of the best things about summer! Can't wait for those days!

Loving the sound of your planned food, especially the chicken and chips, yummy! Fingers crossed you will be ok on Tuesday, at least it was just yesterday and not the whole week! I have had a whole large dominos pizza and still had a good loss lol, so anything is possible :D

About time! Had this in my head a while ago because it felt so close almost a month ago, but here it actually is :D

2lbs off tonight, so turns out the weekly syn countdown worked for me. I'm still gonna stick to my daily syns, but I'm more likely to try the weekly thing in the future :)

4 stone is a such a massive achievement well done Matt!! x

Congrats Matt! I will catch you up again!...lol.. ;)

Yay! Well done! That's amazing!! :)

Thanks guys :D

Had a good day today. Had a total of 6 syns today. I don't know why, but I don't feel comfortable using all 15 every day, I think it makes me more anxious for weigh in. Absolutely no plans this week in terms of eating out, so hoping for at least a pound and a half off :)

I'm going out to either a Japanese or Chinese restaurant next week. Love a Chinese takeaway, but never been to a restaurant unless it was a buffet. Any tasty recommendations? I'm OK going over my syns, but any more than 20 and I'd feel like I'd been naughty :p

Had butternut squash for the first time yesterday, very impressed! Not usually a fan of substitutes, but made them into chips and put some cajun on, it didn't feel like I was missing out at all :D Had them with burger on a bap with gurkins. An unintentional, tasty SP meal.

SP is something I might start looking more seriously at in the near future, when I've got a wedding, potential stag/hen do, end of uni celebrations. I still may not lose during those weeks, but at least it will minimise the damage :)

I must try butternut squash too. I've had quite good results with EESP and they defo help after blow outs! The extra HEXB is a real help also :)

I love butternut squash! I usually roast it with smoked paprika sprinkled on it. Or I use it as the main ingredient for soups. I am seriously considering a few SP days this week, as I have eaten my body weight in burgers and pizza this weekend, all washed down with a lot of wine! So some damage limitation is needed :D

Iove the idea of an extra He B Gemsta, makes it a little more appealing!

Hope weigh in goes well ElElanor!

And thanks Michelle, as you can tell I'm not the most original with username either ;)

Had weigh in tonight and I'm feeling really miffed, lost half a pound and been good this week. Always within syns, half the days quite a lot less. Really thought I'd be in the 12 stone range today, so gonna feel more crushed if I aren't next week. On my way to get some fruit and veg for a couple of SP days. Wish it was the next weigh in already!

Thanks Michelle :) I really hope you're right, this has happened once before, and the following week I lost 3lbs even though I did nothing different.

SP day is going OK so far, beans on toast and an apple for breakfast, a garlic mushroom omelette just (though omelette's never fill me up!), and will have either chicken burger and butternut squash chips, or chicken drumsticks and butternut squash chips for tea. Turns out I may not even need the extra HE B at all today. Enjoyed 6 syns on a stick of Salted Caramel Galaxy :D

Second SP day of the week today! Same as the other day really, had the mushroom omelette and an apple for breakfast as it's the least filling meal and I'd be out the house so wouldn't be tempted to eat other food.

Been using up most of my 15 syn limit this week, enjoyed a peanut butter KitKat chunky for 11 syns, and a double caramel one for 11 syns too.

How are you finding the SP days? I did 2 last week, and they weren't as bad as I thought they could of been. Though I did end up having salad for lunch both days. I would do them again though, as they made a nice change to the usual carb-fest that is my day :D

Hope you have a better weigh-in this week :)

They were fine actually! Though I probably almost reversed the effects on one of them, as I didn't resist the fudge my friend bought me so ate around 25 syns that day. So I weighed myself Friday and Saturday to at least see if I'd lost so far, and thankfully I have. Shall find out if I'm finally in the next stone zone at least on Tuesday.

Chinese tonight though, determined to just stick to what I've decided! Diet coke, steamed rice and beef in black bean sauce, should be around 8-10 syns total! :) I've had a lighter breakfast than usual today, I had scan bran, banana and a yoghurt. And I have my chicken legs marinading to have with butternut squash chips as a late night meal. My sleeping is always buggered so I still have three meals a day, it's just that "breakfast" was at 1.30pm :p

Chinese meal was a success! Stuck to beef in black bean sauce (around 8 syns) and steamed rice, and pinched a little bit of crispy duck in plum sauce which I've counted a couple of syns for.

Just weighed myself and the scales are higher than I hoped, but they are the not so great home ones. They're saying 1lb less than Tuesday night and putting me at bang on 13 stone, so I hope they're just being rubbish as usual and saying I'm heavier than I am :p

Last edited:
Well done on sticking to your plan at the Chinese! That is self-control I can only dream of lol :D

Fingers crossed your scales are just being rubbish :) Good luck for weigh-in tomorrow!

Thanks, sticking to plan paid off, as I'm 3lbs lighter! Woooooo! And I'm now into the 12 stone zone at last. It's been a long long time :D

Back