From Fat Matt to... well, we'll see!

Been out of the loop for a few weeks but just wanted to say how fantastic you were looking in those updated pics-what a difference :).

You're doing fantastically and just the inspiration I was looking for right now. Sounds like you had an awesome few days :) I'm starting afresh tomorrow lol oops ah well totally worth it!

I'm sure you'll do fine Gemsta, and even if you don't, just don't let it ruin your holiday! :)

Aw thanks a lot michrm (Michelle? :p)! It always makes me happy to know that even though I'm not at target, people say I've inspired them to do something!

I'm also starting afresh tomorrow too. Will face the scales, if it's bad, I know it was deserved. Got nothing on this week, so should hopefully see a good loss on the scales next week even if tomorrow is a maintain/gain!

Only potential problem tomorrow is I'm moving into a new house, and we won't be able to use the oven or hobs. I've got some chicken drumsticks in the oven now to have with some microwaveable rice tomorrow, beans on toast in the morning, so it's just tea I need to sort. May buy a ready meal, but don't want to be hungry and end up pigging out on junk. My parents are buying a takeaway, determined not to have one unless I can fit chicken fried rice into my syns :)

Ouch! At weigh in now, 1.5lbs on. Can't say I don't know what caused it though can I? So after having my only gains 2 weeks in a row, determined to get back on it this week!

I also think it may be a little more as last week, I got weighed after just one meal. Today I've weighed after having my days worth. I was feeling so close to the 12 range and now feel its a while off again! No more going madly off plan for a while now aha.

Ouch! At weigh in now, 1.5lbs on. Can't say I don't know what caused it though can I? So after having my only gains 2 weeks in a row, determined to get back on it this week!

I also think it may be a little more as last week, I got weighed after just one meal. Today I've weighed after having my days worth. I was feeling so close to the 12 range and now feel its a while off again! No more going madly off plan for a while now aha.

1.5 isn't bad at all really after this last weekMatt and im sure now ur back there you will be down in 12's within a couple of weeks ;)

Could of been worse :) Once back on plan those gains will be gone in no time! At least you enjoyed the last week or 2 :)

Aha, if only it was as easy as 2 weeks! :p

Yeah, the two days I went off plan were definitely worth it. I have one meal out planned in about a month's time, but that's the Japanese place again so can do that within my syns, or just slightly over, easily enough.

I'm back in Sheffield now though, so no syns around the house, woop! I wish I didn't feel that way as I love being at home, I just hate being surrounded by syns constantly and not having the willpower to stop myself from digging in.

It is difficult being surrounded by syns! It's weird, you know you possibly shouldn't, but then you think "only a little bit" and before you know it your syn limit has been exceeded in a very tasty fashion :D My brain still hasn't fully adjusted, it still likes a binge lol.....

Hope you are enjoying being back in Sheffield :)

Liking a binge is human nature though, right? :p Just, maybe not as much as we did to get here lol.

It's alright so far, tons of work to do, and I start back uni in 7 hours. And I need to finish some work due in tomorrow!

It's been a good week Slimming World wise though, stayed within my syns since I've been back in Sheffield. Went over slightly last Wednesday whilst I was still at home but not a great deal. Would love to see a 2lb loss on Tuesday night to get rid of what I put on over the holidays.

Just seen your signature, well done on the 3 stone loss! :D What's made you stop going to group?

A binge is definitely human nature :D But not everyday, like in the old days, for me at least ;)

Haha, leaving work to the last minute :D I remember it well, though not at Uni, college and then NVQ for me :)

Fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow for you! Last Wednesday was a long time ago, so hopefully you get 2lbs :)

Thanks :D 3 stone has been a long time coming! Finally got there. I have stopped going to group, as mine is so big now, and I don't get anything from it. I am not a 'group' kind of person, so I am surprised I lasted this long :D Weirdly though, not having the pressure of going to group has made staying on plan easier! I feeling quite good about this whole losing weight malarky :)

Hope you have had a good first day back at uni :)

I did an NVQ too, Level 2 in Professional Cookery, though I'm still god awful :D

Aw that's a shame. I wonder how many people feel the same as you though? My group in Sheffield never gets advertised because even though she's been my consultant since I started, it's not officially her group. I think consultants pay for their own advertising, so it makes sense why she wouldn't pay to advertise a group that someone else can come along and replace any day. She won a pearl award for one of her groups the other week, one of about 4 groups in the whole of South Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Chestershire I think! Will be sad to leave the group in June, the one's at home just don't feel the same.

Well, I've skipped quite a few lessons already, oops :p

But feeling chuffed tonight! Lost 2 and a half pounds, so feeling back on it! :D Only had half a syn today, so just treated myself to a Boost for 12.5 syns, and a hot chocolate for 2 syns. Was nice to eat chocolate and still feel in control :D Feeling very positive right now!

Well done on the loss Matt :)

Thanks Gemsta! :D

Just spent £14 on two tubs of Whittard Hot Chocolate. It's a good job I don't do it often! Strawberry White Hot Chocolate, and Praline White Hot Chocolate. There's around 5-7 syns per serving. Never had them before, only the Luxury White Hot Chocolate which was amazing! These flavours also sound yummy, and I thought I'd buy them after not being as fussed about the Highlights recently.

Last edited:
I did an NVQ too, Level 2 in Professional Cookery, though I'm still god awful :D

Aw that's a shame. I wonder how many people feel the same as you though? My group in Sheffield never gets advertised because even though she's been my consultant since I started, it's not officially her group. I think consultants pay for their own advertising, so it makes sense why she wouldn't pay to advertise a group that someone else can come along and replace any day. She won a pearl award for one of her groups the other week, one of about 4 groups in the whole of South Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Chestershire I think! Will be sad to leave the group in June, the one's at home just don't feel the same.

Well, I've skipped quite a few lessons already, oops :p

But feeling chuffed tonight! Lost 2 and a half pounds, so feeling back on it! :D Only had half a syn today, so just treated myself to a Boost for 12.5 syns, and a hot chocolate for 2 syns. Was nice to eat chocolate and still feel in control :D Feeling very positive right now!

Haha, that's quite funny! Maybe you should of started with a level 1 :p But, practice makes perfect as they say! I have a level 3 NVQ in Childcare, which is handy as I work with children :D Tried A levels, but when I was 16 I couldn't be bothered with it all. Loved college, but classes just got in the way of all the fun :D

I think you're right, I know my consultant does a lot of advertising, and is always asking for people to do leaflet drops etc. I would probably still go if the group was a lot smaller, but with 30 - 50 people staying each week it just isn't for me any more. It is a shame that you will have to stop going to your group. But at least Japan will get in the way of going to another group, once you get there :)

Ooops! :D Ah well, You have to get back into the swing of it lol, no point rushing getting back to lesson ;)

That is a great loss! That chocolate was well deserved, and keeping within your syns makes it even better! There seems to be a lot of positivity around at the moment :) It is lovely to see!

Maybe! :p It just wasn't for me. Most of the people on my course I was nothing like, so I often felt a little uncomfortable. Then when it came to doing the actual placement, it wasn't what I was expecting. Cheffing was always my backup to doing Japanese at uni, which I couldn't do at the time, as I also attempted A levels TWICE which just went down the pan :D Hated my subjects, had zero motivation. I'm just glad I quit when I knew it wasn't right for me and got here via a much better route, the Access to HE Diploma :)

Who knows she may open another group at one point!

My excuse, erm, I mean, reason exactly :D

Thanks :D Also had a Lindt Hello Strawberry Cheesecake chocolate bar today for 10 syns, so within my syns again today. Will hopefully be holdng that 4 stone certificate next Tuesday! I'm meeting a friend on Friday, and we're either gonna go for Costa/Starbucks, or a meal. I do kind of want a meal out, but one that's on plan. Just trying to think of what I could have really that could be a treat (I refuse to pay for a jacket and salad as a "treat") without going off the rails.

Courses are no fun if you don't get on with anyone, and if it's not for you then just adds to the misery lol. Well, in my experience :D Things do have a way of working out once you know what you want. And now you are off on a one in a lifetime adventure :)

I doubt she will, she already has 4, but the other 3 aren't at convenient times for me.

Hehe, it's a very good reason :D

That certificate will be yours next week :) You are in a positive frame of mind, and very determined! Not sure what to suggest for when you see your friend. Costa/starbucks do drinks that can be low syn if you ask for skimmed milk, but the food can take you way over your syns. If it is a nice day could you have a picnic? That way you can treat yourself within your syns, unless you are happy to go over them, not worry about working out syns and enjoy the weather. If you want to eat out, I like the Harvester. There some good options, whilst still being able to stay on plan.

I know Elanor, daft mind I have at times :D Hey Matt :D Love comments like that, means a lot so cheers! Are you 21/22 aswell? Just guessing from your username lol. Same name, maybe similar age, same month we want to be at target :p Which uni are you going to? About tips, I'll have to have a think and let you know! Don't want you feeling overloaded during your first week!
Hey Matt, hope all is well!
Just had to comment, as we seem to have a hell of a lot in common!
I also done cheffin for a while (pastry), but I'm still awful at it! AND I also dropped out of a levels and done the access course instead! Weird huh! ?

Exactly, I have no regrets as I'm exactly where I want to be. Doing cheffing first just made me realise early that's definitely not what I want to be doing!

Ah right, that sucks :/

Oh we wouldn't have gone Starbucks for food and a drink, it would be Starbucks for a drink, or a pub or whatever for food :p I often have a hot chocolate in my hometown from Starbucks and it's never done me any harm having it skimmed, no whip, and with sugar free syrup. It's only 1 more syn than the highlights one! I've realised looking at the different hot chocolates that there's not even a massive difference between the normal ones and the highlights ones if you only have one a day, which I do.

Thanks for the suggestions! Turns out my friend isn't as fussed about a pub meal, and I said I'd treat her to somewhere for missing her birthday (because of money and being on Slimming World when she went out for a buffet). I think we're going to Nandos or a Japanese place, both which will be perfectly manageable. Having a half roast chicken, with the skin on as it is served, is 11 syns, and the rice would be 4 syns. I'd end up eating the skin when it's on a plate in front of me, but if it's within my syns, then no worries! Drinks would just be diet coke, and if we end up having dessert, I'll have the frozen yoghurt. It's free refills, but only 70 calories or so per serving, so 3.5 syns. So I may end up going over, but I'll just cut back a little tomorrow and Saturday without depriving myself :)

Aha, it's getting a little weird now Matt :D

It is definitely better to find out what you don't want to do early :)

Nandos is somewhere I have never been to! There is one near me in the local shopping mall, but I haven't gotten around to going :) One day I might. I think you should just go to the pub for a drink, I'm a big fan of the pub :D
I don't mind having skimmed milk these days. I tend to drink coffee when I go to Costa (not a fan of starbucks), and these days I prefer it.

Hope you've had a good day :)

Nandos is nice, but it's very overhyped so you may be a little disappointed if you've heard a lot of the hype like I did.

Aha, waiting until Summer to use my syns on a nice cold pint at the pub, can't wait :D
D

I've just come back from Nandos, gave into temptation a little. Didn't go wild, had 32 syns, but probably around 1300 calories overall. Consumed around 2000 today so Im done for the day now. Will just limit my syns til Tuesday. Will be annoyed at myself if I do maintain or have a small loss, but god dammit I need to learn more self control :p I really wanted the half roast chicken and really wanted the creamy mash, and the idea was that I'd have one, and I had both :p

Today's going well so far! I planned my meals for the weekend yesterday to keep syns to a minimum. Had beans on toast for breakfast, have my chicken legs and thighs marinading to go with some Slimming World chips, and will do the Chickpea Dahl loaf later. Going to use 5/6 syns on the Whittard Strawberry Hot Chocolate, and that'll be it for the day, except maybe another syn or so on milk for my tea.

Sunday will be similar, meaning that over the three days, I'll have used 45 syns. We shall find out if it works Tuesday! :)

Back