From Fat Matt to... well, we'll see!

Aha I didn't have chocolate because I was ill, just really wanted it this week. Another Boost bought earlier, nom! Also noticed a new Muller Light in ASDA earlier, coconut with a hint of lime, and it tastes gorgeous. Hopefully never get sick of Muller light, they really do help the sweet tooth and there's lots to choose from. Will try the new Goodies range at some point, though on images they look tiny? They're still only 99 calories with the chocolate "goodies", so thinking the yoghurt portion must be tiny?

Oooo what did you have from the Chinese?

Aha my brother gave me a compliment along those lines when I went home for Christmas. "You don't have as many chins". Thanks brother :p

Weigh in was tonight btw, and thought there was a chance I'd get my next award, and look what I got :D

So I mentioned that I didn't go to group last week, so tonight, I'm 5 and a half pounds lighter than 2 weeks ago, and remember I had 2 meals out! I am happy, but also extremely wary of whether it'll stay this way next week. What with me not eating properly for a couple of days, have a bad feeling my body just needs to catch up. Just sounds weird that I got an award tonight, and now only 4 and a half pounds til my 4 stone award!

Aha I didn't have chocolate because I was ill, just really wanted it this week. Another Boost bought earlier, nom! Also noticed a new Muller Light in ASDA earlier, coconut with a hint of lime, and it tastes gorgeous. Hopefully never get sick of Muller light, they really do help the sweet tooth and there's lots to choose from. Will try the new Goodies range at some point, though on images they look tiny? They're still only 99 calories with the chocolate "goodies", so thinking the yoghurt portion must be tiny?

Oooo what did you have from the Chinese?

Aha my brother gave me a compliment along those lines when I went home for Christmas. "You don't have as many chins". Thanks brother :p

Haha, fair enough! I am having a chocolate week too, today it was in the form of brownies!! They were amazing! I am going for an epic gain tomorrow, especially after the weekend I had ;) :D

Bit ashamed to how much I ordered! Had to have some for dinner on Sunday too :D I had prawn toast, chicken satay, chicken with cashews, sweet and sour chicken balls, pork fried rice and seaweed. It was all soooooo good! But it made me realise just how bad I was before Slimming World! It has given me a bit of a reality check! Probably won't stop me from having Chinese again, but I will probably be more restrained.

Less chins is good! :D Though I will take compliments where I can get them lol :D

Very well done on your award!! That's fab! I wouldn't worry about next week, stick to plan and you should get a loss, could be 1lb, but at least it will be the right direction :) As you got a decent loss this week, you could get a pleasant surprise next week :)

Congrats on the 3 1/2 stone award Matt!

As usual, thanks everyone!

Sounds amazing Elanor, I have a weakness for prawn toast. How can toast be so nice?! I'm actually having a Chinese again some point before Thursday. My parents have sold the house that I grew up in and have lived in for the past 16 years, so we're having a nice family Chinese feast. Really attached to this house, so that's a good reason for me!

I did lose control today though. I've come home for 3 weeks for Easter holidays, and I already know it's harder at home, just didn't expect it to hit me within 5 minutes! In Staffordshire, we have a savoury food called oatcakes, which is usually filled with food like sausage, bacon, cheese, and ketchup. Living in Sheffield and not being able to buy them, I miss them! So my dad says he's cooking them for tea, and I had 5 sausages, which is about 27.5 syns! 3 oatcakes is around 12 syns. I then kind of got into the "I've gone off plan today, screw it" mindset, oops! Had a 7 syn hot chocolate at Starbucks with a 17.5 syn cookie, and had a few sips of my friend's Strawberry and Cream Frapuccino. So had around 65 syns today, oooops!

Guys, I do actually do Slimming World I promise, I'm not always screwing up :p

At least you are being honest right?...lol... Your doing so well...can't all be about losses and being perfect all the time it's a journey full of ups and downs :)

As usual, thanks everyone!

Sounds amazing Elanor, I have a weakness for prawn toast. How can toast be so nice?! I'm actually having a Chinese again some point before Thursday. My parents have sold the house that I grew up in and have lived in for the past 16 years, so we're having a nice family Chinese feast. Really attached to this house, so that's a good reason for me!

I did lose control today though. I've come home for 3 weeks for Easter holidays, and I already know it's harder at home, just didn't expect it to hit me within 5 minutes! In Staffordshire, we have a savoury food called oatcakes, which is usually filled with food like sausage, bacon, cheese, and ketchup. Living in Sheffield and not being able to buy them, I miss them! So my dad says he's cooking them for tea, and I had 5 sausages, which is about 27.5 syns! 3 oatcakes is around 12 syns. I then kind of got into the "I've gone off plan today, screw it" mindset, oops! Had a 7 syn hot chocolate at Starbucks with a 17.5 syn cookie, and had a few sips of my friend's Strawberry and Cream Frapuccino. So had around 65 syns today, oooops!

Guys, I do actually do Slimming World I promise, I'm not always screwing up :p

It was amazing lol. But it is so nice to be back on plan, and actually wanting to be. It isn't feeling like a chore at the moment. Enjoy your Chinese. I think you have a very good reason for it. I moved around a lot as a kid, but my Gran lived in the same house for the first 17 years of my life, so it was my constant familiar house. I was attached to that house and still miss it over 10 years later. So I know what you mean :)

The thing about Slimming World is that life does get in the way at times :) 65 syns isn't totally horrendous. Think back to before SW, what could your daily syns of worked out to? I know mine could easily get to the 200's :D back in the day!!

And you are not screwing it up, you are being human! :)

Very true Gemsta! I just have to be careful not to have too many bad weeks and call it a journey, otherwise I'll end up looking back wishing I'd stuck to plan more.

I'll probably still miss this house very much in 10 years time too, even if I'm in Japan, aha. It all feels odd, my parents have been selling furniture bit by bit so the house is slowly disappearing.

When you put it like that, it sounds much better, so thanks! Definitely used to have way more than 65 syns a day. Several chocolate bars, several bags of crisps, branded freezer food and large portions of it.

Bought some of the new Muller Light goodies today, the strawberry ones with white chocolate balls. 2.5 syns but only 99 calories :O Cut back on my syns a little today, used around 3.5 on rice, 2.5 on the Muller Light, and will treat myself to a 2 syn hazelnut Highlights later :)

May have been subtly looking for a compliment earlier when my auntie (who I didn't tell I was trying to slim down) came over, taking my hoody off to see if she made any comments regarding weight loss. It worked :p

We're having the Chinese tonight, yessssss :D

Going to ask my mum if she can move the chocolate to another cupboard. I only go in that cupboard to get squash, and I just caved earlier and had Maltesers and part of an Easter egg.

Going to enjoy tonight, but I do just want to weigh in! Would have done tonight but there's no groups near me, so most likely will be Thursday.

Very true Gemsta! I just have to be careful not to have too many bad weeks and call it a journey, otherwise I'll end up looking back wishing I'd stuck to plan more.

Agree with this :) One bad week won't be the end of the world, it's when it becomes a regular thing.

We're having the Chinese tonight, yessssss :D

Going to ask my mum if she can move the chocolate to another cupboard. I only go in that cupboard to get squash, and I just caved earlier and had Maltesers and part of an Easter egg.

Going to enjoy tonight, but I do just want to weigh in! Would have done tonight but there's no groups near me, so most likely will be Thursday.

Enjoy your Chinese :D What are you having?

Good idea on the chocolate. Out of sight, hopefully out of mind.

Hope your next weigh-in goes alright :)

Yup, I already wish I'd done this years ago. It's sad to think how much of a downer being overweight/obese has put on years of my life which should be some of the most exciting, enough is enough.

I had the same as New Years Eve :D My parents just buy lots of variety and we all dig in. Prawn toast, chicken foo yung, chicken balls, pork balls, singapore fried rice, seaweed, shredded duck with those pancake things, beef in black bean sauce, and beef chow mein. Then I had some ice cream with raspberry roulade and chocolate cake. And, a couple glasses of wine. Just typing all that out makes me realise how bad it all is, aha! I'm hoping for a maintain or a small gain, but am scared it'll be a few pounds after my body may have gone back to normal after being ill.

Yup, I already wish I'd done this years ago. It's sad to think how much of a downer being overweight/obese has put on years of my life which should be some of the most exciting, enough is enough.

I know what you mean. I wish I had done something about 10 years ago when I was noticeably gaining weight. But, I have done something when I am still young so I have plenty of time to get there and enjoy the rewards, and actually feel good about myself! But, now we just need to look forward :)

I had the same as New Years Eve :D My parents just buy lots of variety and we all dig in. Prawn toast, chicken foo yung, chicken balls, pork balls, singapore fried rice, seaweed, shredded duck with those pancake things, beef in black bean sauce, and beef chow mein. Then I had some ice cream with raspberry roulade and chocolate cake. And, a couple glasses of wine. Just typing all that out makes me realise how bad it all is, aha! I'm hoping for a maintain or a small gain, but am scared it'll be a few pounds after my body may have gone back to normal after being ill.

Ooo, I do love a buffet! :D You will be fine at weigh in, and if not, you know you can turn it around :)

Well said, we WILL get there. It may take longer than we originally thought, but we're in better places than we were before Slimming World :D Hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you btw? xD

Weight in was tonight, turns out it was my usual 'fret-about-weigh-in-then-things-turn-out-well-anyway', aha. 2.5lbs off this week, very happy. I think my height is something like 5ft 5 and 3/4 inches, so I'm so close to being at a BMI below 30 at last!

Last edited:
Right, was gonna leave this til I reached the 4 stone mark, but sod it. Tried on 34" jeans today, and they fit fine! No squeezing into them, they went on easily. Can't even remember when I last fit into 34" jeans, so extremely happy with this! Also tried on some L tops. I can't comfortably fit into a size L yet, but I think I'm getting there. In the selfies I took today, the clothes I'm wearing are 34" jeans and size L tops. In the photo taken of me, the grey top is actually XXL. Goes to show how much sizes can vary huh?

I still don't always see it in the mirror, so it's important to take these to remind myself of how far I've come at this stage!

Wish the belly and chest would bloody go down more though, aha.

Last edited:
wow you come so far in such a short space of time too Well done you must be chuffed :) x

Well done Matt! I did the same after last week. It's important to see ourselves how far we have come. I'm with you on the belly thing, but not so much the chest ;)..lol.. but it will come off sooner or later :)

Well said, we WILL get there. It may take longer than we originally thought, but we're in better places than we were before Slimming World :D Hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you btw? xD

Weight in was tonight, turns out it was my usual 'fret-about-weigh-in-then-things-turn-out-well-anyway', aha. 2.5lbs off this week, very happy. I think my height is something like 5ft 5 and 3/4 inches, so I'm so close to being at a BMI below 30 at last!

We definitely will :) I am taking the scenic route that's for sure! But, I am losing weight, whilst still enjoying a few things that I fancy, that aren't on plan! :D

I am 28! But still think I am about 16 lol. Apparently I look a lot younger than I am, last year someone I worked with thought I was about 21! I was happy with that :D Unfortunately I am long past the age where I can say it is just teenage 'puppy fat', I am simply fat lol....The way I see it though, is that I am actually doing something about it. I am no longer living in denial.

2.5lbs off is fab! Your weight loss is really noticeable in your photos :) Shows how well you are doing!

Back