From Fat Matt to... well, we'll see!

For your bread try weighing it. You can have 60g of wholemeal as your HexB. I buy the medium sliced 800g loaf, and often 2 full sized slices weigh about 60 - 75g. I don't bother counting the syns for the extra 10 - 15g as they will probably be minimal...Hopefully :D I should probably check it out one day.

It's good to hear you aren't beating yourself up about going over your syns. Life would be boring if we always ate the way we should lol :D

0.5lb gain is fine :) You can definitely turn it around once you are back at Uni :)

I only started to weigh it recently when I was curious how many syns it'd be :p I think it's 6 syns for 60g wholemeal bread outside your HE B, so it's only an extra syn or 2. The crusts are delicious, just weigh a lot more dammit.

Too right it would, it's getting that balance between eating right and having a life. I do restrict myself from lots at uni as there's usually some kind of party on every week or two, I've just built up a bit of an anti-social reputation, aha. The way I see it, I get my head down to slimming this week, I can be a lot more relaxed about putting on a pound or whatever after a night out at target.

I move house next Tuesday, and there's a group on Tuesday nights near me. So it'll be 5 days til my next weigh in. Happy with this as I usually weigh on Tuesdays in Sheffield, and it'll be the day after all my planned off days, so I can face the results sooner :)

My brother is getting married in just over 2 months, would love to lose another stone, or thereabouts, by then! Seeing S Club 7 in May (hey, no judgement zone in here) and Taylor Swift in June. Motivation is more for the wedding, as it'd be nice if family members I saw at my biggest in September could tell. The others, I just want to feel good if I get up and dance! :p

There is nothing wrong with S Club 7 :D They were amazing when I was 13/14 lol...I would still go and see them though :) Their music is good for a dance.

Just seen your signature Mick, nice! Well done dude :)

Cheers man really proud of myself, and its really motivated me for this week, I want that 1st stone off so bad :)

Elanor, the tickets were about £50 each though! :eek: Didn't pay much more for Katy Perry! Love going to concerts though, such a great atmosphere! Got Ariana Grande in June too :p

It'll soon come around Mick! It's great once you start to get into the plan. At first, alls I could see was how far I had to go, but it's so worth it once you see how far you've come :)

£50!! That is 2 weeks shopping...Or a haircut :D It'll be a good night out though :) Ariana Grande not my thing, don't mind Katy Perry. I am more a rock/indie music person.

Hope you've had a good day :)

£50 definitely isn't the price of a man's haircut! :p Definitely more of a pop person!

Yes thanks! Have you? Had my roast dinner today, bloody lovely! We had lamb, mmmmmm. The gravy is perfection, full of syns as it's made with the meat juices, but perfection nonetheless, aha. Had about 4/5 syns worth of lemon and strawberry waffle, and vanilla and strawberry waffle. How's your day been?

Haha, no it isn't :D I don't mind some pop, the modern stuff isn't all my cup of tea lol :)

Mmm, love roast dinner! Yours sounds lush!

I have had a good day thanks :) Finally had a loss after 2 gains lol, then had a long walk followed by pub lunch. 2 pints of beer may of been a bit counter-productive though :D

It really was amazing, told my mum after I don't know how I'll live for a year without her roast dinners!

Well done on the loss :D Pub lunch sounds good! Was it an on plan or off plan one? Hey, beer sounds good though, lol. Don't think I've had a beer since before Slimming World. Can't beat a nice cold beer in Summer, looking forward to that weather! I've been meaning to find out if there's any low syn Summer mocktails too. Hurry up Summer!

After a year without one, it will be the best dinner you'll of ever had! I'm assuming that is when you go to Japan? You will be having so much fun though, you may even temporarily forget about them :)

Pub lunch was probably more off plan than on :D My burger came with a wholemeal bun, so that was my healthy B sorted without even trying :D Because I am taking the scenic SW journey I have had many beers lol. There must be some low-syn mocktails. You could probably experiment with different things to find something yummy :) I usually hate the summer, but if I can lost a couple more stone by about July then I may actually enjoy it for a change :)

Yeah that's when I go to Japan :) Very true!

I've never actually been anywhere which offers a wholemeal bun! At Handmade Burger Company, you could have coleslaw instead of a bun, and that just makes me sad :p Will be eating plenty of white bread tomorrow with sausages and burgers, mmmmmmm.

Mocktails are something I'll have to ask about in group or make a thread on here :)

I enjoyed Summer last year. We stayed in a lovely house in Ilfracombe, Devon for a week. The weather was gorgeous, it was on a cliff, and the sea was so blue! Not the kind of sea I expected to see in England. No family holidays planned this year sadly. But either this year or next year in Japan, I'll be going to one of the islands called Okinawa. Look at this, how beautiful is this?! Would love to be happy enough with my body to take my top off on the beach and go swimming without a shirt.

http://www.sugoiokinawa.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/renaissance-resort-okinawa-beach.jpg

My consultant posted two images on the group's facebook page earlier, one saying how much you could lose by the start of Summer (21st June) and one saying how much you could lose by Christmas. The Christmas one was nice to see, saying that losing 1lb a week over the next 38 weeks would be a loss of 2 stone 10lbs.

I've just worked out that I have 24 weeks until Japan. If I lose 1lb for 12 weeks, and 1.5 for the other 12 weeks, that'd be a 2 stone 2lb loss, meaning I'd be 11 stone 2lbs! I'm still not sure what my final target is, but even if that's not it, that would feel amazing! Hoping to be 12st 7lbs by the 6th June (my brother's wedding), which is 9 weigh-ins and 11.5lbs away. Definitely achievable!

What I do about my weight when I get to Japan is something I need to think about. There's so much new food to try, and I don't want to be worrying about weekly losses during this once in a lifetime year. I can't possibly know syns for a lot of what I'll eat. At the same time though, I don't want to reverse much of the work I've put in, which in September, would be a year's worth.

The beach looks stunning! :)

I have no idea what to suggest re when you're in Japan! I'm worrying enough about 2 weeks all inclusive in May...lol..

Yeah that's when I go to Japan :) Very true!

I've never actually been anywhere which offers a wholemeal bun! At Handmade Burger Company, you could have coleslaw instead of a bun, and that just makes me sad :p Will be eating plenty of white bread tomorrow with sausages and burgers, mmmmmmm.

Mocktails are something I'll have to ask about in group or make a thread on here :)

I enjoyed Summer last year. We stayed in a lovely house in Ilfracombe, Devon for a week. The weather was gorgeous, it was on a cliff, and the sea was so blue! Not the kind of sea I expected to see in England. No family holidays planned this year sadly. But either this year or next year in Japan, I'll be going to one of the islands called Okinawa. Look at this, how beautiful is this?! Would love to be happy enough with my body to take my top off on the beach and go swimming without a shirt.

http://www.sugoiokinawa.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/renaissance-resort-okinawa-beach.jpg

To say I was excited about the wholemeal bun is an understatement! :D I was so happy lol. My mum found it very amusing. I have eaten many, many burgers in my life, and never has anywhere served one with a wholemeal bun. It is just a shame it is over an hour's drive to get there.

Mocktails aren't something I know much about, I prefer beer and wine and the odd gin & tonic. A thread is a good idea, there must be lots of people on here who have good ones. Plus your group may have some good ideas.

Devon is lovely! I haven't been there in years, but one day I will go back, when I can afford it :) That beach in Japan looks beautiful!! I think I would love to go there, that photo makes it look like a paradise!

My consultant posted two images on the group's facebook page earlier, one saying how much you could lose by the start of Summer (21st June) and one saying how much you could lose by Christmas. The Christmas one was nice to see, saying that losing 1lb a week over the next 38 weeks would be a loss of 2 stone 10lbs.

I've just worked out that I have 24 weeks until Japan. If I lose 1lb for 12 weeks, and 1.5 for the other 12 weeks, that'd be a 2 stone 2lb loss, meaning I'd be 11 stone 2lbs! I'm still not sure what my final target is, but even if that's not it, that would feel amazing! Hoping to be 12st 7lbs by the 6th June (my brother's wedding), which is 9 weigh-ins and 11.5lbs away. Definitely achievable!

What I do about my weight when I get to Japan is something I need to think about. There's so much new food to try, and I don't want to be worrying about weekly losses during this once in a lifetime year. I can't possibly know syns for a lot of what I'll eat. At the same time though, I don't want to reverse much of the work I've put in, which in September, would be a year's worth.

You can definitely achieve that loss :) It could be worth doing a bit of research into the sort of food out there and the nutritional values, so that you can plan ahead a little bit. Then when you are out there you could find a balance between eating healthily, and trying all the exciting things that maybe aren't. I wouldn't worry about sticking to SW, just be aware of what you are eating. Do you think you will be incorporating exercise into your weight loss by then? As that could help you maintain your weight at least.

Sounds lovely Gemsta! Where you off to? I suppose it depends on the person really. There's only so much damage you can do even if you went way off plan. Are you the kind of person who can go off plan, and as long as its planned, not beat yourself up about it?

We'll have to start being sad and carry a wholemeal bap everywhere just in case ;D

It sure does look like paradise, can't wait!

I think the issue with a lot of the food is more how it's cooked, rather than what it is. Very true what you said. Maybe keeping at least two meals a day healthy so I can at least try plenty of other stuff too? Regarding exercise, I'm not sure. If my body needs me too in order to lose/maintain, then it's likely. I've read a few stories about people often losing weight in Japan on holidays, partly due to the amount of walking they do, lol.

How's everyone's Easter been? I've had a lovely day, not sure about your areas, but the weather has been gorgeous here! Interested to see what Tuesday's weigh in brings :D 4 sausages, 2 burgers, 3 white baps, chicken rice, 2 garlic bread, a small slice of cheesecake with double pouring cream, x3 Quality Street and some Easter egg! It's been my only meal today from about 4.30pm, still absolutely stuffed so no more meals today, maybe just some fruit if I get hungry :)

Glad you've had a nice day! The weather has been fairly pleasant here too, but don't think your too far away from me anyway if memory serves correct from previous posts. We just went over to my folks and did a bit in the garden for them, came home and cooked lunch and have just watched films since...lol..

We are off to Egypt in 40 days (not that I'm counting or anything)..lol..I can't wait! I do give myself a hard time tbh. My plan is much as what you've said above... to be healthy for breakfast with fresh cooked omelets or fruit, good for lunch for with pasta and salad more fruit then have what I fancy of the evening. I'm planning on taking some Alpen bars with me in the hope this will stop me stopping at the hotel shop and buying Pringles and chocolate. I know I will put weight on while I'm away so much so that I've brought and tried all my holiday clothes the last couple of weeks thinking that if they fir me now then that allows for me to put on whilst away...lol..

How's everyone's Easter been? I've had a lovely day, not sure about your areas, but the weather has been gorgeous here! Interested to see what Tuesday's weigh in brings :D 4 sausages, 2 burgers, 3 white baps, chicken rice, 2 garlic bread, a small slice of cheesecake with double pouring cream, x3 Quality Street and some Easter egg! It's been my only meal today from about 4.30pm, still absolutely stuffed so no more meals today, maybe just some fruit if I get hungry :)

lol Matt I was beating myself up over my roast beef dinner (and I skipped potatoes and Yorkshire) so really only the fat in gravy but your post just made me feel a bit better , don't even know why I was mad probably just because of the sheer amount probably first time ive felt bloated since I started. apart from that though, sunny + motorbike = happy Mick lol

I'm back at home now near Stoke-on-Trent, so think I may be further from you at the moment. Sounds like a nice lazy evening :D

I've always wanted to go to Egypt, very jealous! Used to be really interested in Ancient Egypt when I was a kid. Your plan sounds like a great one actually!

Was gonna say Mick, that doesn't sound bad in the slightest :p Well done for having more willpower than me today :D

It was nice seeing people I hadn't seen in a while today, some since Christmas, some a couple of months ago. But a few commented on my weight loss and asked me what I was doing. I then proceeded to shove anything and everything down my face :D

Only about 30 miles or so :)

Yes, that's the plan, of course if it pans out that way or not is whole different matter!...lol..

Back