From Fatcat to Kittycat

Hi Kittycat,

How are you ?

Hi ladies,

Apologies for the radio silence, it's been a busy few days. Hmm so this week has been tough. I've had quite a lot of stress, I've been having a few problems with my periods for the last few months so have been having all sorts of check ups with the doctor- smear test, ultrasound, blood tests etc. All stuff that isn't very pleasant (this has been going on since before I started CD so isn't linked to this diet), anyway I've had a few evenings where I have waivered a little bit. I've craved comfort food but have managed to resist but it's been tough so I have been having a healthy meal in the evenings. Bit concerned as to what the problems might be but all my results have come back clear and my doctor thinks the problems are being caused by stress so I am trying to treat myself a bit better- not working stupid hours, look after whats going into my body and do some exercise. I still feel bad as I am getting comfort from food which is part of the problem in the first place.So I have been weighing and whilst the scales haven't gone up they haven't gone down either.

This weekend I've been away with some girlfriends for a friends birthday, there was lots of over indulgence going on, however I avoided the booze and has a healthy choice for dinner, so again I haven't been 100%. I've been running through my head today and trying to work out why I can't stick to SS 100% and am kicking myself for it. However I am now focused on getting back on 100%. I took some pics in my swimming cozzie in a full length mirror in the hotel and am really disappointed with myself so am keeping these on my phone to remind myself of why I am doing this. I am not brave enough to post them just yet but will when I have made more progress.

So I am in a bit of a weird place, I want to refocus and get back on board but i am struggling- words of support would be most welcome please ladies!

I watched some of theDual Dynamics videos on youtube and they were hugely inspirations- It is amazing to see some of the transformations and I want to be one of those people! Success Story 15 - Cambridge Weight Plan featuring Normperta Magkitouka - YouTube This girl is amazing! WOW!

I know there is a separate thread for motivational purposes but I want to do my own so I don't forget why I am doing this, as I need a bit more motivation at the moment,

So Why do I hate being fat 1-10, I'll add another 10 as and when I need to.

1) Having thighs that rug together and chafe and having to wear leggings or long leg knickers all the time
2) Wearing swimwear and feeling so body conscious that i contemplate not doing things that involve me wearing swimwear in public which means I miss out on so much
3) Not being able to shop in fashionable shops and that I have to shop for a fat body rather than shopping to my taste and looking in the mirror in fitting rooms and feeling desperately unhappy- making shopping a chore rather than something enjoyable
4) Being terrified that a guy will see me naked and never want to see me again
5) Hating that people see my weight before they see me
6) Batwings
7) Not being able to look at myself in the mirror because it hurts so much to see the body looking back at you
8) Not having enough will power to control what I put in my mouth
9) Being the fat friend
10) For having achieved so much in my life yet I have this huge element of my life that makes me so unhappy yet I am unable to change it

I want change and I want to be in control of my life. I don't want my weight to keep making me unhappy when I have so much in my life to be grateful for. I CAN DO THIS!

Why don't you try step 2? At least then you can have a small meal during the day?

Keep going Hun. Good luck with the test results to. Big hugs xx

You can definitely do this Kittycat! I know how easy it is to turn to food for comfort but you have to remember that whilst the food provides some sort of instant gratification, its euphoria effect definitely don't last long.

Stick those ten things on your fridge or have a bat wing for example as your wallpaper on your phone or in your purse so you remember the list you've just written out. It may sound daft but a little thing like that can help trigger you to remember why you're doing this :)

You can do this. And you're not alone either. :) pretty much all of that list I relate to! Get past those first few days. Get yourself into ketosis. And if you're finding ss too hard, cos let's be honest, it's blooming difficult!!! Then like Pops said try step 2? I have a friend on step 2 who has lost 17lbs in just over 2 weeks!! And has stuck to it because of the fact they get a meal a day of protein and veg and it helps fill that void :)

We're here for you Kittycat! YOU CAN DO THIS! :D

Hiya Kittycat,

Glad the tests were all ok, just got to sort the stress part out. I do believe getting that sorted will be half the battle for the comfort food. Look after yourself on the inside first, (work / life balance) then the outside will change.XX

Lots of us here can most certainly identify with the top 10, I want to go into a nice shoe shop, try a pair of knee high boots on and do them up!!! I don't care if I don't like them but I cant remember being able to buy normal boots, not the special ones with xxl calf size!

Forgot to say, the you tube posts are brilliant and really focused Duel Dynamics . He talks sense and like he says its not forever, just weeks. I really do like watching them.

Recommend to anyone. Funny, you see how the woman sit when they first start - hands clasped infront, trying to 'hide'. Then as weight goes they are sitting back, relaxed, opened armed. Really inspirational to see.

Might have to watch a few :) they sound good.

CeeBoo,

Do take a look , there are loads, but all good, the guy on there has a 12 week himself and like Ive said he does talk a lot of sense. Not on ss or ss+ forever its a matter ofweeks so come on!!! It took a lot longer putting weigh on.

Yeah I always remind myself of that. It didn't take a day to gain all this weight so it's not gonna take a day for it all to go! :)

Thanks guys, your support means soo much.
Am feeling much more focused. Think my hormones must be all over the place at the mo as seem to be slightly irrational with myself at times!

So, today I had my second anti cellulite treatment and F**K me it hurt like hell- I thought I would be more prepared after the last one but i whimpered and squealed my way through it! however it's more or less gone from my legs, just my bum and the very top of my thighs that still have some. It's meant to take 6 sessions but I have no idea if I can face another 4! Honestly it is soo painful! But apparently once you have got rid of the worst of it just a top up every now and again keeps the orange peel at bay! We shall see if I can face it next Friday! eek! Now what to do about the cellulite on the belly?

I'm travelling to the states for work on Friday so am building myself up for that. I'm taking my tetra packs with me (assuming you can travel with them- does anyone know if they are a problem taking into the US?), and planning on staying on plan. I should be able to avoid any business dinners so no excuse to fall off! The flight is going to be hardest part though as I can't take the tetra packs on the flight so I have a 14 hour flight to get through. Any tips from anyone?

How is everyone doing?

KC

Thanks guys, your support means soo much. Am feeling much more focused. Think my hormones must be all over the place at the mo as seem to be slightly irrational with myself at times! So, today I had my second anti cellulite treatment and F**K me it hurt like hell- I thought I would be more prepared after the last one but i whimpered and squealed my way through it! however it's more or less gone from my legs, just my bum and the very top of my thighs that still have some. It's meant to take 6 sessions but I have no idea if I can face another 4! Honestly it is soo painful! But apparently once you have got rid of the worst of it just a top up every now and again keeps the orange peel at bay! We shall see if I can face it next Friday! eek! Now what to do about the cellulite on the belly? I'm travelling to the states for work on Friday so am building myself up for that. I'm taking my tetra packs with me (assuming you can travel with them- does anyone know if they are a problem taking into the US?), and planning on staying on plan. I should be able to avoid any business dinners so no excuse to fall off! The flight is going to be hardest part though as I can't take the tetra packs on the flight so I have a 14 hour flight to get through. Any tips from anyone? How is everyone doing? KC

Ouch. But at least it's working? :)

Can you take some bars on the flight?

It's my first weigh in tonight. Eek. Hopefully it goes well.

Glad your focused and motivated lovey :) xx

I was gonna say about the bars too CeeBoo, Also, maybe flavoured water to stop any boredom?

Got my 3rd weigh in today. 2 hors to go in fact. Not drinking anything now until then lol as if that will make such a difference. Will report back later either happy or fed up!

I was gonna say about the bars too CeeBoo, Also, maybe flavoured water to stop any boredom? Got my 3rd weigh in today. 2 hors to go in fact. Not drinking anything now until then lol as if that will make such a difference. Will report back later either happy or fed up!

How did weigh in go?

Pops,

I lost 8lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: That's 1 stone and 4 pound in 3 weeks!!

Couldn't wait to update my signature on here!!!!!

Really chuffed with that, CeeBoo, your weigh in is a bit later isn't it???

Pops, I lost 8lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: That's 1 stone and 4 pound in 3 weeks!! Couldn't wait to update my signature on here!!!!! Really chuffed with that, CeeBoo, your weigh in is a bit later isn't it???

Oh wannabe that's fantastic!! Well done misses. So chuffed for you. :D knew you could do it.

Just had my first weigh in and I cried. I only lost 4lb. Just a shock after seeing how well other people do and I have been 100%, drinking 3L of water a day and just feel a bit blah. Gonna keep going of course. 4lb is still 4lb closer to my goal and 4lb closer to being healthier. My consultant was a star. She hugged it out with me and said I may have slower progress with my weightloss due to my pcos but should see the results in inches instead. I am quite pleased to say that I lost 6inches. But I dunno. I feel I've let everyone down somehow. :( first week should be the big week and I just don't understand why it hasn't come across on the scales.

I know CeeBoo,

Just posted on another thread to you ;)

Please try not to be too disheartened. Tomorrow is another day and will look different in the morning. Next week starting tom, is just that, another week. So let's concentrate on that and not the disappointment you feel - However, you shouldn't coz 6 inches isn't a bad lose nor is 4lbs.

Chin up - You are doing something about your weight!!!! Come on girl - we can do it!! :wavey:

Oh wannabe that's fantastic!! Well done misses. So chuffed for you. :D knew you could do it. Just had my first weigh in and I cried. I only lost 4lb. Just a shock after seeing how well other people do and I have been 100%, drinking 3L of water a day and just feel a bit blah. Gonna keep going of course. 4lb is still 4lb closer to my goal and 4lb closer to being healthier. My consultant was a star. She hugged it out with me and said I may have slower progress with my weightloss due to my pcos but should see the results in inches instead. I am quite pleased to say that I lost 6inches. But I dunno. I feel I've let everyone down somehow. :( first week should be the big week and I just don't understand why it hasn't come across on the scales.

4lb is better than 0lb. Well done. Stick with it. Send hugs and motivation for the week ahead xx

A huge well done wannabesize12 that is amazing! You must be so pleased with yourself! Wow that really is incredible- 18 lbs- that's huge!

Good idea regarding the bars- I'd completely forgotten about them! I shall pop to my cdc tonight and pick some up- what flavours are the best?

Kc

Back