Step 1 Sole Source + From frumpy to fabulous... Day One

So, today will be my first day on Cambridge. I am a mixture of excited (about seeing some good weight loss), nervous (of what's going to be left - saggy skin etc), and there's a bit of dread too as I think it's going to be really hard.

I did Lighter Life back in 2008/9, losing nearly 6 stone... and I dabbled with Exante... so I am no VLCD virgin, but:
a) it's been nearly ten years since I did something like this so I've probs forgotten stuff and, more importantly,
b) I have kids and a family now. Last time it was just me so I totally removed 'food' from my life and focused on the diet. This time I will still need to be cooking and shopping and I dunno how my willpower will stack up.

So that's me. A bit of a newbie. Around 5 stone to lose, hopefully by June.

Nice to meet you all xx

hi

im just into my second week and like you the last time i did this was years ago --- good luck for today. i found it was a bit like riding a bike and once i was back on i felt like id never been off : ) you know you can do it from previous experience ... believe in yourself and come on here for support
x

Thank you Slushy!

I need support already. My bloody husband is cooking b*con and the smell is filling the house. I could kill him. First day on plan and he's making me hungry. Twat. Lol.

X

oh dear i would struggle with that lol
if i was giving myself a pep talk id ask if i want to taste pig for five minutes or look like a pig for another five months. not implying you look like a pig at all by the way. i just have to be harsh on myself.

Ooh I like that, haha, and no offence taken!

The house is a little less "fragrant" now and I've had my first shake (choc mint) so I'm officially ON CAMBRIDGE now!

Herrrrre we go! Let's see what, if any, temptation today brings :) xxx

Jesus. This is hard. I'm only a few hours in and I've already had to stop myself picking at stuff lying around in the kithhen SEVERAL times. It is scary how much of a snacker I clearly am. Good lord.

OK. I survived a full day on Cambridge! So many temptations lying around at home so very proud of myself.

Verdict on packs so far...
Choc mint is nice
Veggie soup is minging
Strawberry shake is okay
Salted caramel bites are banging!! 😂

X

I am. Well, I am still on plan... not really over here on MM as there don't seem to be people actively posting much these days.

First week weigh in I lost 9lbs and that was just 5 days on plan so pleased with that :) xx

Omg that’s an amazing loss well done x

Hello,hope you don’t mind me popping on. I’ve just started my own diary 6 days in. Your first weigh in was amazing! How are you doing now!

Hello,hope you don’t mind me popping on. I’ve just started my own diary 6 days in. Your first weigh in was amazing! How are you doing now!
Hello! I'm doing good thank you. I have been slightly off the rails for the past couple of weeks due to poorly children/hubby/self... but got back on plan yesterday. My weigh ins for the first 5 weeks were 9lbs - 9lbs - 3lbs - 3lbs - 3lbs... so really happy to be 27lbs down in just over a month. Amazing! I don't really post over here anymore a it is so quiet, but I'm on insta if you are... anna_one2onediet is my user xx

Back