From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Fingers crossed for you at WI tomorrow. Tuesday is WI day for me too but not until 5.30pm. I'd much rather WI in the morning but there are no classes early enough :(

My weekend was good thanks, bbq at my cousins house on Saturday and I drank far too much wine but I'm hoping the syns will even out over the week and it won't do too much damage tomorrow. I was feeling a little bit delicate yesterday so I just had a relaxing day at home x

Woohoo weigh in day :D excited to hear how you get on!

Thanks guys for wishing me luck! I'm just getting ready to go to group in an hour. I don't know why but I always get really nervous before weigh in! Sounds daft but I keep thinking, what if I haven't lost anything? And I know I pretty much must have lost something with my food intake and all that exercise, but still! I know everyone has weeks where they put on or STS and I'm worried how I'll react when I have one of those weeks! Anyway, I know I'm fretting for nothing about all this! For a start if I see the 22's on that scale I'll be delighted, and it's only 1/2 lb away!

I was pretty good last night and managed to get most of the writing for today finished. So I've only got 750 words to write today, which means I can get my ass to the pool straight after group if I fancy it.

Have a good day, I'll pop back with the results this afternoon! :eek:

Good Luck hun - fingers crossed for the 22's. You have had a great week so I am in no doubt you have done it! Can't wait to see - am excited for you! xx

Wooohoooo! 2.5lbs off and SLIMMER OF THE WEEK!! :D

Sow.jpg

As you'd expect I'm over the moon! Into the 22's at last and 12lbs off in just 4 weeks! :eek: I can't believe this is actually happening, I'm losing weight in a healthy way that I can maintain for the rest of my life! I feel like I really really can do this! After struggling with my weight for my entire life its the best feeling in the world. There's a hell of a long way to go until target, but so far I'm enjoying SW for the journey in itself, not just the destination.

Whenever I feel crappy, or go off plan or think this is taking forever, which I'm sure I will at some point, I hope I can remember how I felt today. Four weeks in and I feel like I can do this. After being morbidly obese my entire adult life its incredible to know there is an alternative other than surgery. I actually feel tears welling up. I always thought I'd be the fat girl who avoided chairs with arms, dreaded theme parks and made excuses to get out of being a bridesmaid because I was too ashamed! Never again. I know it's only 12 lbs and I've got at least 11.5 stone to go for a healthy BMI, but for the first time I actually KNOW I'm going to do this. Not think, know. I feel like someone just unlocked a cage inside of me and set me free. Oh God, now I'm blubbing....:rolleyes:

That's fantastic - I'm so happy for you. And getting SOTW as well is a bonus.

The good thing about keeping this diary is that you have a record of your feelings at particular parts of your journey. It's great to have that to look back on if/when you are struggling in the future. The way you are going though, I don't think you'll have to worry about that for a long time!

Only 2lb to yor 1 stone award now......

xx

Woooohhhoooooooo!!!!

SO thrilled for you :D :D :D

Yaaaay! Stone award next week!!

Thanks guys, I appreciate your support so much. It's so great us all cheering each other on like this! :) Like Bev and Flix have said I'm only 2lbs away from my stone award, so that's the challenge for next week! For once I've not got any big meals out or potential pitfalls in the way, so I'm aiming for a complete 100% week! There's no reason I can't get my stone next week if I carry on like I have been doing.

I didn't manage the swimming today as a client wanted me to look over some work I've done for them and edit something (something they didn't mention at ALL in the initial brief BTW, but hey ho! :rolleyes:), so that took a few hours. Tomorrow I'm having a day off from writing as I'm meeting my friend for a lunch/afternoon catch up and getting some exercise done in the morning, a big swim would be good! For lunch I'm thinking Subway if she's fine with it and I'll have a chicken salad, but if she'd prefer a pub I'll just get a jacket potato and beans, either way its all good! I don't fear eating out anywhere near as much I did at the start of my journey. I guess it's easy to find SW friendly options at most places now, even McDonalds does a relatively low syn grilled chicken salad, so nowhere really is off limits!

--

Week 5, Day 1 - EE

Breakfast - Hi-fi bar - HEXB
Lunch - Morrisons salad bar - beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes, sweetcorn, grated carrot, bean salad, tuna mayo sweetcorn (3 syns), boiled egg, 4 olives (1/2 syn) - 3.5 syns
Tea - Grilled gammon steak, grilled pineapple, slimming world chips, peas
Supper - Fruit salad of banana, grapes, kiwi, orange, blackberries and nectarine (from my SOTW hamper!) with a mullerlight.
Still hungry so had another Hi Fi bar (HEXB) and cheese curls - 3.5 syns

Syns - 7

Last edited:
Yeah I feel its a lot easier with sw than ww to go out and eat... im lucky because in liverpool theres a cafe called skinnymalinx that has all the food synned which is fab... they should do one everywhere I think of have sw restaurants even of the food was a slightly few pound dearer im sure they would make a fortune :)

Fancy asking ya to do that bt its all experience isn't it :) xx

Good luck for your 100% week. I'm aiming for the same so hopefully we can both manage. I managed a loss today as well - 2lb for me which leaves me only 3lb from my holiday target with 4 weeks to go...

I totally agree that nowhere is off limits when it comes to eating our on SW - it's great! x

Sorry to poke my nose but came across this thread by accident, and have loved reading it, even made me chuckle in places.... Your doing so well all of you- KEEP IT UP !!!!
Reason I'm happy for you all is that I got my 1stone loss last night in just three weeks so like yourselves really really happy !!!!.... I don't honestly think I've eaten as much food as I do now either !!!! but must be doing something right !! xx

Brittany - I've never done WW but I bet it is a lot harder to go out and enjoy yourself as you can't benefit from all the 'free' and 'superfree' that SW offers. Having to work out the points of everything must be a nightmare. That cafe sounds AMAZING. I read about another one on here called Saints and Sinners thats meant to have a really good diet menu, but also a 'bad' menu for if you want to go out with none slimming friends etc, I wish there was something like that near me!

Bev - Oh wow, 2lbs is fab! So happy for you, I remember you were saying this last stone was coming off really slowly, so looks like you're well on track for meeting that holiday target! :)

Scooter - Hey there and welcome to the madness that is my diary! Looks like you're doing great so far. I agree about eating loads, I've been seriously packing the fruit away like never before, it's amazing that you can eat this much and still lose - yay for superfree!

---

Well, you know that 100% week? I've only gone and buggered it up on the second day! :rolleyes: Remember it was lunch with my friend today? Well she was taking me out as a belated birthday treat, in the end we went to the pub. There was a 2 course set menu we decided to go with and I didn't think I'd done too bad initially - Melon for starter and chicken, basil, tomato and chips (i was using my syns for this!) for main. Anyway the main came and the chicken had been FRIED in breadcrumbs!! There was no mention of this at all on the menu!! Now normally if I was paying I'd have left it, but it was my birthday treat and I didn't want to look rude so... ARGHH! :sigh:

To be fair it tasted gorgeous and I did leave about a quarter as I genuinely felt full... anyway all afternoon I've been paying for it. Felt bloated, icky and generally under the weather, though it might be sun stroke from sitting out in the beer garden all afternoon. It was pretty hot so for the first time this year I got burnt. Anyway, I've been feeling guilty and beating myself up all afternoon. I really wanted to do 100% week and things were going so well. It just reminds me never to take my eye off the ball. I could have chosen the salad but it didn't like the sound of it.. Ugh!

But hey, life gets in the way some times, best to put it behind me and move on. I had a Morrisons salad for tea so I've got back on plan straight away, now to just be super good for the rest of the week!

Oh and swimming didn't happen today, grrr! I meant to go this morning but I wasn't in the mood - so overall a bit of a crappy day SW wise, but a fun day otherwise! Lovely afternoon in the pub with my friend, she actually had a heart attack 6 weeks ago, so to see her recovering well made me feel really happy. She's like a second Mum to me so when I found out about the heart attack I was absolutely gutted, although she's understandably not 100% yet, she's getting back to normal now :)

--

Week 5, day 2 - EE

Breakfast - Hi Fi Bar - HEXB
Lunch - Fried chicken, chips and veggies - syn wise I dread to think but I'll guestimate at 25!
Tea - Morrisons salad bar - Tuna mayo (3), cucumber, beetroot, sweetcorn, carrot, mixed beans, cous cous, tomatoes, olives (2) - 5 syns
Supper - Hi Fi bar - HEXB

Total - 30 syns :break_diet:

Last edited:
Just think positively youve had a good day with your friend and you haven't done as bad as you think :)
You could a lot worse starter and gone wild with a dessert... people have meals out and still lose.

Hope you feel better .. this weather is very unpredictable at the mo...

:) xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Brit. Yep it's definitely possible, for the last 3 weeks I've had a meal out, saved up my syns and managed to lose. I just wanted to see how much extra I'd lose this week if I didn't do that. Never mind anyway, going to just try and have 10 syns or under for the rest of the week to balance it out. I'm sure I can still get my 2lbs if I'm good for the rest of the week, it was only one meal after all! :)

Back