From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Just Googled it Scooter and looks like they do salads! Having said that if it's a special occasion you shouldn't have to deprive yourself. Why not have something you know you'll enjoy and get back on the SW wagon tomorrow? One meal out won't hurt!

Arghh thank you Cheesy...... Looks like a steak and salad for me then... Got Rugby all day tomorrow so will slip up on the SW so trying to be good today... A man cannot live without Guinness or three xx

Exactly, what Brit says is spot on! It's not the one meal that will mess up your weight loss, it's the other 20. You're doing great so far, having a nice meal and a few beers will give you the chance to let your hair down a bit and will be good for morale. Hope you have a great night! :)

____

Ugh, what a horrible rainy day today! So much for my walk :rolleyes: Part of me wants to go swimming, I've been fighting the urge all day but I'm determined not to push myself too much. Last time I went overboard with the exercise some of my fatigue symptoms from having glandular fever came back and I ended up spending a few days in bed. It's just not worth the risk. Besides I read that the effects of exercise boost your metabolism for the next 24 hours anyway, so it makes much more sense to go tomorrow and Monday - then I can benefit from the effects of a boosted metabolism right up until weigh day! Whether that will translate to a bigger loss on the scale or not is any ones guess, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Had no internet connection this morning so I missed out on picking up the best writing jobs (they get picked over generally first thing), so I'll do some work tomorrow instead. There's nothing worse than writing about things which are incredibly boring and low paid! So for the rest of the day I'm going to just watch TV and chill, might have a mug shot in a minute as I'm still starving! Food so far is below and I'll update later, aiming for 11 syns or under today and then I can forget about the chicken and chips at last!

Some good news, the care home paid me! They had my sort code wrong, but sorted it out for me when I rang up. I'm glad about that as there's nothing worse than not being paid for something when you've worked hard. So that was a nice little boost this morning!

Weeks 5, Day 4 - EE

City Kitchen Skinny coconut chicken - 8 syns (absolutely gorgeous, worth every syn!)
2 x mini babybel - HEXA
special K biscuit - 5 syns
hazlenut muller yoghurt - 2 syns
mug shot
greek fat free muller light
nectarine
tuna, pasta, onion, mushroom, red pepper, chopped tomato, sweetcorn
nectarine

Total syns - 15

Edit : Wow I can't believe how much I've eaten today! I'm so glad I didn't blow it and have rubbish!

Last edited:
Arghhh! I'm so hungry today, I'm eating everything in sight! Since lunch I've had 2 babybel, 2 yoghurts, a nectarine, a special K biscuit bar and a mugshot! So much for my 11 syn target, I've had 15 so far today! Don't worry I won't be having any more syns and I finally feel satisfied, but I'll have to recoup the 4 remaining syns over the weekend... best laid plans and all that! I guess on a plus point its the first time I've had a binge on healthy stuff like yoghurts and nectarine, before it'd be fast food and share sized bags of chocolate. Even my binges are healthy now! :rolleyes: It's not been a binge though really, I've genuinely felt starving, I guess that's the only downside with exercise, it makes me feel so much more hungry than normal, grr!

On the plus side a big salad is planned for tea so I'm hoping after I've had that I'll be well and truly full and won't be needing anything else, at least I can always snack on fruit if I need to! That's the great thing about slimming world though, you can eat until you're full as long as it's free food. I actually worked it out calorie wise (my old calorie counting habits die hard) and it's only been 900 calories so far, so although I've eaten a lot I should still come out with an energy deficit at the end of the day, pretty cool considering all I've eaten!

Arghhh! I'm so hungry today, I'm eating everything in sight! Since lunch I've had 2 babybel, 2 yoghurts, a nectarine, a special K biscuit bar and a mugshot! So much for my 11 syn target, I've had 15 so far today! Don't worry I won't be having any more syns and I finally feel satisfied, but I'll have to recoup the 4 remaining syns over the weekend... best laid plans and all that! I guess on a plus point its the first time I've had a binge on healthy stuff like yoghurts and nectarine, before it'd be fast food and share sized bags of chocolate. Even my binges are healthy now! :rolleyes: It's not been a binge though really, I've genuinely felt starving, I guess that's the only downside with exercise, it makes me feel so much more hungry than normal, grr!

On the plus side a big salad is planned for tea so I'm hoping after I've had that I'll be well and truly full and won't be needing anything else, at least I can always snack on fruit if I need to! That's the great thing about slimming world though, you can eat until you're full as long as it's free food. I actually worked it out calorie wise (my old calorie counting habits die hard) and it's only been 900 calories so far, so although I've eaten a lot I should still come out with an energy deficit at the end of the day, pretty cool considering all I've eaten!

Damage limitation here Cheesy.... I had a sirloin steak with a side salad....only down side I forgot to say with no dressing on, so it had a bit of olive oil on it.... I left my French fries, onion rings and the coleslaw, washed down with a pint and half of diet coke..... Came home and no birthday chocolate cake for me, I had fruit, pineapple, melon strawberry's with a low fat yogurt over........ I'm well chuffed of myself !!!!! xx

Sounds like you've done great Scooter, hope you enjoyed yourself! I'm proud of myself tonight too, Chris had a kebab for tea and I went to Morrisons to get salad bar. Got there and it was sold out so made myself a syn free pasta with mushrooms, onion, sweetcorn, tomato, red pepper and tuna - delish! So much nicer than the kebab too and I've got half left over for another day - result!

Having a chilled Friday night watching trash on telly and playing with the kittens.

Well done on avoiding the kebab, especially since you're dinner didn't go to plan, that's when it can be tempting to just have any old thing.

Glad to hear the care home paid you, you can now put that horrible place behind you.

I ran my 20 mins non-stop earlier tonight and it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought, I'm so pleased :)

Oh wow, that's great Bev! You must be so proud of yourself! :wow:This couch to 5k plan sounds really good, I'm definitely going to check it out next year! I just don't want to knacker my joints in by running at this weight, but I reckon once I get into the 18's I'll be ready give it a try. I can't imagine how over the moon I'd be if I could run for 20 minutes straight! What's the next step of the plan then?

Oh and thanks, yep I'm really conscious of avoiding doing that. In the past when I've tried to lose weight I'd just write whole days off if I had one bad thing and I'm determined not to let it ruin how well I'm doing so far. The real damage isn't done by having one meal off plan, its the rest of the day/week you make excuses to go off plan that really messes things up. I'm so determined to do well that getting my stone award is far far more appealing to me than a greasy kebab anyway! :)

Well I'm gonna get myself to bed soon, if I can get up for 6.30 I'll get my swim done first thing, but as that's as likely as a blue moon I'm expecting the 1.15 - 2.45 session is the one I'll actually get to. Chris has come home from work full of cold so I'll be playing nurse maid for the next couple of days too, hope I don't get it, my immune system sucks!

Oh wow, that's great Bev! You must be so proud of yourself! :wow:This couch to 5k plan sounds really good, I'm definitely going to check it out next year! I just don't want to knacker my joints in by running at this weight, but I reckon once I get into the 18's I'll be ready give it a try. I can't imagine how over the moon I'd be if I could run for 20 minutes straight! What's the next step of the plan then?

I've just had a look and next week is Monday - 5min run, 8min run and 5min run, Wednesday - 2x10 min runs and Friday - 25min run. I like that it shocks you into a long run but then goes easier again for a bit and lets you do shorter runs before hitting you with a big one again. I've read everywhere at the 20min run is the hardest part so I'm hoping that means I will get to the end. If I can finish the 9 week plan without having to repeat then I'll finish it the day before I leave for my holidays! Fingers crossed x

Hey guys! Bev that's great that it lets you drop back down for a bit now, you don't want every run being longer than the last so it sounds like a sensible plan!

---
1pm - Well I woke up this morning to a huuugee bang coming from next door. The landlady is renovating it and they've only gone and started with the heavy tools at 8 in the bloody morning! :rolleyes: At least it meant I've been up early and got some work done. I'm meant to be swimming in an hour but I feel really sleepy atm, we'll have to see if I can fight off the motivation gremlins and get myself to the pool. Either way I've got to go out for some ice lollys and cold and flu meds for Chris, so I might as well have a swim, though I think today will 'only' be an hour tops.

---

4pm - Well after writing that there was a knock on the door and my new swimming costume arrived from Simply Be. It's one of those hold you in ones that should be great for holiday. Anyway I took it as a sign I needed to go for swim and I'm just back from an hour in the pool. I felt really tired and didn't have much energy today so didn't aim for a mega swim. Managed 60 lengths though in 60 minutes, which I actually found harder today than the 104 on Thursday! I'd left it about 4 hours since breakfast though so was clearly lacking energy. Anyway that's day 2 of body magic under my belt. One more day to go and then week 2 of Bronze is all done!

Food wise I'm doing a lot better today too, the munchies are gone thankfully and so far I feel satisfied on a bowl of cereal and a lunch of Morrisons salad bar. We're cooking a salmon and asparagus dish for tea which should be gorgeous if it's anything like the time we had it last week!

I've got another article to do before midnight so I'm going to get that done now and then I can chill watching Saturday night telly. It's a very lazy weekend for us so far with Chris feeling poorly. Hopefully if he's a bit better tomorrow we can get to the cinema.

Another day over and another day on plan! :) I thought I'd share a pic of my tea tonight - Salmon, new potatoes, asparagus, tomato and a little garlic butter - delicious and only 5 syns! BTW, that wasn't all mine we shared it, but for people with more normal appetites it could easily be split 3 ways!

salmondish.jpg

Week 5, Day 5 - EE

Special K cereal and a dash of milk - 6 syns - HEXB
Morrisons salad bar - 3 syns
2 x Mini Babybel - HEXA
Salmon one pot - 5 syns
nectarine

Total syns - 14 syns

Well if you've been following my diary you'll know I STILL haven't managed to recover all the syns from that chicken and chips I had on Wed! Another syn off today means I've got 3 to recover before weigh in. Should be able to manage that over the next 2 days! In future when I eat out I'm determined to save the syns up beforehand, makes it a LOT easier! I'm also thinking of trying more syn free recipes, I always seem to use my syns up on things like cereal and salad sauces so I never have enough left over to treat myself with something chocolatey. I've been having major cravings for a curly wurly, only 6 syns, I'll have to treat myself to one on Tuesday after weigh in!

Chris still has man flu so i'm not sure what's happening tomorrow yet. He's meant to be cooking slimming world style hot pot for dinner, but if you remember he got the un-lean minced beef so it'll actually have 3 syns in, still not bad though! If the weather's nice I'll aim to get a walk in and then I can get my body magic week 2 crossed off, its always better than leaving it to the last day!

Can't believe I've been doing SW for over a month now! My new holiday dress came today and I comfortably fit into a 24 which was good. I'm a complete pear so it can be a nightmare buying dresses. On top I'm a 20/22 whereas the trousers I wore when I started were a 28 as I've got a big bum, hips and thighs :eek: The dress looked great though and didn't feel tight at all, can't wait to see how good it looks in another month when I'm jetting off on my jollies! :)

Hey Cheesey! Had no ideayou hada diary!! :eek: sorry for neglecting!

Your salmon dinner looked fab! Were the 5 syns for butter though? Have yoy tried it without? All the butter sinks to the bottom anyway, I find it doesnt need it as fish has its own oils, then you'd have more syns for your curly wurly!
I sprinkle a crushed stock cube over my salmon and it is really yum and syn free! Maybe a bit of honey if I am willing to syn it ;) I definitely spend a lot of syns on sauces like kethup, salad cream light, honey, etc, but most of the meals I make are otherwise syn free. I don't miss butter at all funnily, except on toast which I never have anyway lol.

I am he same shape as you! Massive pear bottom and a smaller top half (no boobs *cry*) I was about a size 26 jeans and 20-22 dress (basically never wore jeans, only leggings as I loved dresses and could sometimes squeeeeze into size 18 dresses from 'normal' stores so would usually do that!) am now comfortably in size 16 dresses with the odd 14, and bought some 20 jeans 3/4 length recently :O
Don't buy too much now as in a couple of months it won't fit ;) I told myself when I started I wouldnt buy stuff until I needed too because everything was too loose- saved a lot of money that way! X

Wow, your dinner looks amazing.

Have you considered doing any Green and Original days? Depending on what meals you have it can be handy to have the extra HEs to play around with.

Good work on the Body Magic too. Can you imagine a few months ago being able to say that you'd 'only' done 60 lengths!! x

Hey Tetris good to see you here! And yep the syns were for the garlic butter :eek: First time we made it we didn't have any kind of marinade for it and it tasted quite bland, it definitely needs something on but I'm going to try the crushed stock cube idea, that sounds really nice. You're right too, all the butter sinks to the bottom, which is probably a good thing as I didn't actually end up eating it, but still a bit of a waste for 5 syns!

Sounds like I have a similar shape to you, except I have big boobs, but we'll see how long they last! :D

--

With Chris still down with man flu, the weather crappy (though brightening up now) and me feeling in a general lazy mood, not much is getting done today. I've been spending a disproportionate amount of time researching holidays for next year, it's amazing how many deals you can get if you shop around! Found a week in June at a 4* All Inclusive in Sharm for £300 each, not bad considering it's only a £55 deposit each. Soon as I'm back from Lanza and the job starts I may have to do some booking!

I never used to be as addicted to holidays, I was really lucky as a kid, every year I went away abroad. I guess it kinda gets in your blood. Anyway, after I finished uni I didn't go away much, not abroad anyway, so this upcoming holiday to Lanzarote is the first time I've been abroad in just over 6 years! It's made me realise how much I miss it, and also how one of the main things stopping me going travelling in the past was actually not so much the money, but my size. I was terrified of not being able to fit in a plane seat, having to wear skimpy clothes on the beach and generally being shown up by how big I was. And rather than doing something about it and losing weight I just carried on eating, missing out on all these amazing experiences.

Now I'm finally losing weight and 100% committed to success, I want to make up for lost time. I want to squeeze every last ounce out of life and do everything I can, make up for the fat years I let life pass me by. And if that means working extra hard to earn money, so be it! After this year I'll be back at uni hopefully, so I won't be able to go away when the cheap deals are on for the next few years. Definitely need to make the most of it while I can!

Wow, your dinner looks amazing.

Have you considered doing any Green and Original days? Depending on what meals you have it can be handy to have the extra HEs to play around with.

Good work on the Body Magic too. Can you imagine a few months ago being able to say that you'd 'only' done 60 lengths!! x

Haha, good point! A few months ago I'd have thought doing 60 lengths was mad!

I really need to get away from EE a bit more and try the green and original more often. The green days I've done so far have been fab, but haven't done a single original day yet! I just don't think I like meat on its own enough... if I had to pick I'd always choose veggies!

Week 5, Day 6 - EE

SW fry up - lean bacon, poached eggs, mushrooms, baked beans, chopped tomato
mullerlight
nectarine
SW style beef hot pot - 4 syns - minced beef, potato, onion, carrots, baked beans, seasoning

Total syns - 4

I'm pleased that I finally managed a low syn day at last. That means no more thinking about that goddamn chicken and chips! Recouping syns is awful and I definitely won't be doing it again! Anyway I'm aiming for another light day tomorrow ahead of Tuesdays weigh in. I've checked the swimming times and I can go between 7-10am or 12-3.30pm so I've no excuse as plenty of choice. As always I'll aim for the early morning and see how it goes, sleeping wise I've been a bit better these last few days which is good.

Can't believe its only one more day till weigh day. Although I've done well with the exercise I think I've eaten more this week as a result. Not feeling hugely confident that I'll get the 2lbs I need for my stone, but I can never really tell. Either way, to maximise my chances I'm determined to be super good tomorrow.

I really need to get away from EE a bit more and try the green and original more often. The green days I've done so far have been fab, but haven't done a single original day yet! I just don't think I like meat on its own enough... if I had to pick I'd always choose veggies!

i was the same when considering doing some red days cos i'd only done EE and green until a wee while ago....but if you plan it out it's actually not too bad (and a bonus for the extra HE ;) ) and sometimes i'll use my HEb or even half for some potato to have which is enough to make you feel like you're not missing out.

a few weeks ago, i had sausages with mashed carrot & turnip and some gravy for dinner and i was surprised at how ok i was with there being no potatoes.

i'm def not a huge meat eater but if you nosey through my diary, you'll see the odd day flung in and it might give you some ideas....there's also a thread for red days on here too...if you can find it lol x

Wow, just caught up on your diary as I've beena way with work for over a week and you're doing absolutely amazing! Well done you! :D

So, so pleased for you. Sounds like you're right back on track and are definitely due a loss this week.

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow girlie, can't wait to read your results :D

Miss K - Thanks hun, I will have to have a look at your diary and get some ideas. I've heard red days tend to bring people bigger losses so it's worth a try to see how it works for me!

Emma - Thanks! I can never tell how I've done beforehand so I'm just hoping and crossing my fingers. The week of my biggest loss I actually thought I did rubbish so who knows how my body works?! Hopefully I'll check in with a loss tomorrow :)

---

Well I've just got back from an hour in the pool (60 lengths), so that's week 2 of my bronze award all done and dusted! :) With 3 big swims this week I'm really hoping i've managed to shift that 2lbs so I can come home with my stone award tomorrow. I'll be over the moon if I manage it, a stone in 5 weeks is a fantastic start and I'd be really proud of myself.

After my swim I've just munched down a Morrisons tuna nicoise salad, which was absolutely gorgeous, next on the menu is some blackberries and fat free greek yoghurt while I'm doing my articles. I'm having a busy day today work wise. I completed my annual tax return this morning, which was a huge pain in the bum, then finished 2 articles. I've got 3 more to finish before tomorrow morning, so if I want to relax this evening I'd better get cracking!

I'll post my food diary with what I've got planned for the rest of the day then I can edit it later if I need to... Last week on the day before WI I ate far less than I should have, I think this was because I was so worried about the scales. Not being as daft today, as you can see I've managed a really healthy menu.

Week 5, Day 7 - EE

Breakfast - Cereal and milk - HEXA and HEXB
Lunch - Tuna nicoise salad with low fat dressing - 2 syns for olives
Snack - Blackberries and fat free greek yoghurt
Tea - City Kitchen coconut chicken - 8 syns
Supper - Melon
Total syns - 10

Back