From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Thanks Em, just about to set off for group and I'm feeling decidedly un-light! We'll see what the scales say though. I've done so much exercise this week I'll be annoyed if I've not lost something!

Ugh! I'm feeling so deflated at the moment. I lost half a pound :confused:. Now that's fair enough if I'd had a crap week but with all the exercise I've been doing I don't understand it. I've stuck to plan every day except last Wed when I had chicken and chips, but I've saved syns for the rest of the week to account for it. Its nowhere near * week but I guess I could have put on some muscle or something from all the swimming (224 lengths over the course of the week!!). I did have a fairly high syn week I guess but I was told by my C eating my syns won't make a difference and is part of the plan. This week I'm going to try and be good as gold. I really want my stone award now!

I think what I find so deflating is that the other people on here around my size all seem to be losing 4-5lbs a week. Don't get me wrong I was really happy with 2-3lbs a week, but 1/2 a pound is rubbish! :(

Anyway, that's it - moan over! There's no way I'm going to let a number on a scale dictate my mood any more! I'm determined to get at least 1.5lbs off next week to get my stone award, and hopefully more. I've still done great to have lost 12.5lbs in 5 weeks, if I keep that up it's over 125lbs in a year! Plus, at least it's a loss, another mini step in the right direction. It makes me even more determined to get to my stone. The only downside is I don't think the mini goals in my sig are achieveable anymore. There's no way I can lose 1 st 1.5lbs in 5 weeks for my holiday... is there? Time to make them a bit more realistic!

Ugh! I'm feeling so deflated at the moment. I lost half a pound :confused:. Now that's fair enough if I'd had a crap week but with all the exercise I've been doing I don't understand it. I've stuck to plan every day except last Wed when I had chicken and chips, but I've saved syns for the rest of the week to account for it. Its nowhere near * week but I guess I could have put on some muscle or something from all the swimming (224 lengths over the course of the week!!). I did have a fairly high syn week I guess but I was told by my C eating my syns won't make a difference and is part of the plan. This week I'm going to try and be good as gold. I really want my stone award now!

I think what I find so deflating is that the other people on here around my size all seem to be losing 4-5lbs a week. Don't get me wrong I was really happy with 2-3lbs a week, but 1/2 a pound is rubbish! :(

Anyway, that's it - moan over! There's no way I'm going to let a number on a scale dictate my mood any more! I'm determined to get at least 1.5lbs off next week to get my stone award, and hopefully more. I've still done great to have lost 12.5lbs in 5 weeks, if I keep that up it's over 125lbs in a year! Plus, at least it's a loss, another mini step in the right direction. It makes me even more determined to get to my stone. The only downside is I don't think the mini goals in my sig are achieveable anymore. There's no way I can lose 1 st 1.5lbs in 5 weeks for my holiday... is there? Time to make them a bit more realistic!

Well done! At least it is a loss. I had exactly the same last week. Stuck to the plan completely bar one day and only lost half a pound. I was so disappointed but then thought after at least it was a loss. You would have felt much worse if you had put on half a pound. :)

Well done! At least it is a loss. I had exactly the same last week. Stuck to the plan completely bar one day and only lost half a pound. I was so disappointed but then thought after at least it was a loss. You would have felt much worse if you had put on half a pound. :)

Thanks hun, you're completely right. Its nice to know this doesn't just happen to me too! At the end of the day like you say it's still a loss! I'd be devastated if I put on so thank God I didn't. Today I couldn't get out of group quick enough!

Sorry to hear that ypu are unhappy with your loss- I get p*ssed losing anything less than 2lbs myself!
If it helps, when I started out (at 20st) I would lose 4lb one week, 3lbs another then nothing for two weeks or something small one of them like 1lb. I had a -5 once or twice but usually it was -3 and there were always two dud weeks even when I was 100% on plan! No idea why, though it did tend to be around *week.
I went through a phase where I exercised every day for at least half an hour (cardio) and my losses werent any better and sometimes worse! It takes a LOT of exercise to put on enough muscle to conflict with a WI- weight lifting etc, but I and others on here have had very disappoining WI's after exercise too :S weird!
Anyway- as a woman, you have hormones at play at random times. Maybe you were ovulating or something on WI day and retaining water, who knows... But hopefully you will get a boosted loss next week as your body wont be in starvation mode from a big loss (did you get a big loss last week? Body sometimes tries to stop itsself 'starving' from weight loss by storing up after a big loss)
Just ideas but at he end of the day- I just had 3 weeks of rubbish WI's when on plan and low syn, lots of red- our bodies are just annoying, huh!? But chin up, fingers crossed for a big loss next week! X

Well done on the loss!! At the end of the day, a loss is a loss no matter how much :)

With regards to the exercise / food optimising subject, my consultant has informed me that exercise can slow down losses BUT it can take great effect on inch loss. So keep doing your normal routine with your swimming and having great food optimisng meals and it will soon all balance out.

I had a week like this a few weeks ago, I was doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred everyday and had a 100% week but I only lost .5lb, I was majorly guted but didn't let it get me down. Once you let it get to you, that's when it all goes downhill and you don't want to spoil your great progress do far.

Trust me girlie, keep at it. You're doing amazing!

Hey Soph, thanks for the pep talk, I think I needed it. I'm just going to accept that 0.5lbs is still a loss and keep on plodding along. Having looked back at what I've eaten and done this last week I *should* have lost way more, so I'm hoping my body is just holding water for whatever reason and next week I'll see a decent loss. Oh, and last week I lost 2.5lbs, which I was happy with, but it's not exactly a huge loss to put my body into starvation mode or anything so I dunno. My body is baffling me! :confused: Only thing that was different from other weeks is that I didn't have a pre-weigh in poo!! Now I'm sure my poo's don't weigh THAT much, but I guess it could have come into it! Anyway, now I'll stop with the grossness!

Out of interest I did do a bit of research into exercise causing the body to hold onto weight. The general consensus is that you have to be lifting weights and working hard to gain muscle, so it won't be that in my case - BUT the day after exercise the body holds onto water to repair muscles! I read that a lot of gym going people only get weighed after an exercise rest day to get an accurate result, the day before they could be 2-4lbs higher! I might be clutching at straws here, after all the internet is a hive of rubbish, but for the next few weeks I'm going to make Monday my official 'rest day' and get all my work outs out of the way before then. Worth a shot anyway...

Emma - Thanks hun! :) Isn't it your weigh in day today too? Let me know how you get on! Fingers crossed you get on better than I did! From what you were saying about the 30 day shred it fits in nicely with the theory about the body holding onto water to repair the muscles, maybe there is something in it after all! Oh, and don't worry, I'm not about to give up and hit the biccys, I'm in this for the long haul and everyone seems to have a crappy week now and then so it's to be expected. It's made me feel a bit disconcerted about the exercise though, but I need to remember I'm exercising to be fit, not just to lose weight, but when you're killing yourself for 3.5hrs in the pool one week to lose 0.5lb feels like an insult! grr!

Posting my food diary early today as I doubt I'll get on here later, planning a cosy night in with the mister watching movies. Anyway, before then I've got 2 articles to finish! Food for the rest of the day is all bought and planned out so I should be on target for 10.5 syns, going to aim to keep it 11 or below all week if I can!

Week 6, Day 1 - EE

Breakfast - 2 x Rocky Road Hi-Fi Bars - HEXB
Lunch - Curiously Cinnamon cereal and milk - HEXA - I needed comfort food! - 5.5 syns
Nectarine
Tea - Salmon, asparagus, tomato, new potatos and a little garlic butter - 5 syns (we'd already got the garlic butter from last time, next time it's gonna be a crushed oxo!)
Melon

Total syns - 10.5

Hey Cheesy,

Just had a read through your diary and you're doing fantastically well....I'm just going to repeat what everyone else said..but 0.5lbs loss is better than a gain...and who knows what next week has in store if you're on track and fighting fit for another 7 days. Looking forward to reading more on your journey...

Ging xx

I should have also said that I've been sat waiting to leave work (to go play netball) with a packet of biscuits staring at me on my desk...but I got totally engrossed in reading your diary that I completely forgot they were there and now its time to leave! so thanks! :D xx

I should have also said that I've been sat waiting to leave work (to go play netball) with a packet of biscuits staring at me on my desk...but I got totally engrossed in reading your diary that I completely forgot they were there and now its time to leave! so thanks! :D xx

Good Girl......my boy has been eating a huge bar of cadburys chocolate he had from a friend from school for his birthday sat next to me even putting it right under my nose......****** I could have bitten his arm off for a square, but like you resisted.... So good for us both...... Xx

Thanks Bev, Xena and Amber! :)

I'm on day 5 so far and I'm still feeling great. Really enjoyed my swim in the pool, was terrified that people would stare but everyone just got on with swimming. Besides even if someone did stare at me, I'm in the swimming pool obviously trying to lose weight, so I just figure it's their problem and not mine!

Started my new job yesterday, I need some care experience in order to apply for the Radiography degree so I've got a job at a care home for the year while I study my open university course. It's completely different to anything I've done before, mainly call centre stuff but it was lovely getting to know the residents. well, most of them! One old lady in particular was having a bad day and was screaming insults at everyone, I happened to walk past her and bear the brunt of her anger, she called me "a disgrace with no figure" and said I had a "fat bum". Of course I laughed it off, yes I do have a fat bum but I'm doing slimming world and getting healthier... but yeah, inside it still hurt. And although today is my day off, I'm still thinking about that cruel comment! She's a 90 year old woman for God's sake, I need to get some perspective! Of course the rest of the residents were lovely, but it kinda put a dampener on things! :( Still I'm not going to let it stop me getting settled in my new job, colleagues seemed lovely and it's only 4 x 7 hour shifts a week (either 8-3 or 3-10) so will leave me plenty of time to do my studies and concentrate on getting fit!

Anyway, my day off today, going to go out for a walk this afternoon to burn some calories, no mean feat for me considering I was on my feat for 7 hours yesterday! Feet still ache a little but I've got some really good shoes from Hotter, they were £60 but completely worth it as so comfy when you're on your feet all day!

Only 3 more sleeps till weigh in on Tue, I swapped my morning shift for an afters so I can go to the same group, will be nice to make some new friends so I'd like to stick with the same group!

It may well be worth considering that if someone is staring at you it might be because you have an absolutely drop dead gorgeous face..... because you so do!

Good Girl......my boy has been eating a huge bar of cadburys chocolate he had from a friend from school for his birthday sat next to me even putting it right under my nose......****** I could have bitten his arm off for a square, but like you resisted.... So good for us both...... Xx

Haha then you've shown a hell of a lot more willpower than me! Woo, go you!! :) xx

Ditto to everything the others have said, at least you are going in the right direction (unlike me this week...!). I've found that my losses have slowed since I upped the exercise but I can see the benefits in the mirror and in my clothes even if it's not showing as much on the scales. We all have good and bad weeks, that's just the way it goes unfortunately. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you're award will be waiting for you next week x

Good morning to you, how are you feeling today? New day, new start? :)

(I lost 0.5lbs last night by the way, same as you, and I ate for England in Germany last week. So considering that I was quite chuffed.

Here's to a new week.

Gingaling - Thanks hun, lovely to meet you! It's also great my little diary managed to distract you from the biccys! :D Well done on your weight loss so far, must be great to have got that first stone! Hopefully I'll join you next week!

Bloodcoveredprincess - Aww, hunny I don't know what to say, I'm crap at accepting compliments, but thank you so much for your kind words and for making me smile on a miserable Wednesday morning! :)

Bev - It's a weird thing exercise isn't it? I always thought it would help speed up weight loss, but it doesn't seem to be the case, at least not in the short term. Must have been really annoying to have a gain, especially after all that running you've been doing this week! The main thing though is that you can tell in yourself and your clothes are looser etc, I'm sure you'll have a good result on the scales next week. Like you say some weeks are better than others, I just hope next week is a good week for us both!

Emma - Welcome to the 0.5lb club! :D That's pretty good though after having your holiday so you should be proud of yourself! I feel good today thanks, got in a bit of a grumpy mood yesterday morning but gave myself a good pep talk and had another day sticking to plan. So glad I didn't go off the rails as I felt so disappointed, but today I'm really proud of myself for just getting on with it!

----

Today I woke up with a banging headache, but apart from that I'm feeling back to my usual positive self. Determined I'm going to kick ass at next weeks weigh in and get my stone award!

I also wanted to post a pic from an app I've been using on my phone, it's just one of those simple weight tracker ones. I actually started trying to lose weight in Feb by going it alone and just trying to watch what I eat. It wasn't that successful as between Feb and my August start date at SW I only lost 14lbs, but that's still a stone and I should share on here as it's part of my journey to a healthier me. I've tried to ignore it for the most part as I just wanted a clean slate with slimming world, but now I don't want to brush it under the carpet any more, it was still an achievement and now I want to celebrate it. I still can't quite believe that this February I weighed 24 stone 10lbs, nearly 25 stone!! :eek: That horrific number prompted me to start this journey, and although it was a pretty slow start, I'm 1.5lbs shy of being 2 stone lighter than I was 7 months ago! Rather than being horrified by my initial weight I'm going to update my starting weight to my "true" starting weight pre-SW. I guess I never spoke about it before because I was ashamed, even now telling you guys I was almost 25 stone feels like I'm revealing a horrible secret about myself!

weightlosssofar.png

Wow, a 14lb loss is amazing. You shouldn't be ashamed by your starting weight, you should just focus in on what you've lost because that's a fantastic achievement.

My 1lb gain was quite deserved to be honest. Although I did plenty of exercise, I was a bit off plan with food and that's what's done the damage. It was a bad start to the week and I couldn't seem to get myself back on track. Never mind though, that was last week and Wednesday is the start of a new SW week for me. I'm feeling far more motivated - long may it continue!! x

Back