From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Thanks Bev, I know I shouldn't be ashamed, but I still can't believe I let myself get to that weight in the first place! Now I don't mind telling people as much because it's almost 2 stone from where I am now. I just wish I'd joined Slimming World back then, I can only imagine where I'd be now. Ah well, the main thing is I'm here and hopefully in 6 weeks (providing I lose the 1.5lbs next week) I'll have lost the same as I did in 6 months on my own! :cool:

---

Off to do some writing now and then get ready for going to Chris's parents for tea. Chris, his Mum and Dad are all having fish and chips, so I'm getting myself a salad from Morrisons on the way. I don't mind too much as I love the Morrisons salad bar, plus I get to feel all virtuous! Nothing is planned this week meal wise for me to worry about going over my syns, we're being good with money this month and saving our pennies for Lanzarote, so no more meals out till then! (That's if we manage to stick to it! :rolleyes:)

I'm really looking forward to the weekend actually. On Saturday I'm off to a clinical open day at Sheffield Northern General hospital for radiography. Should be really interesting and I need the experience for my CV. Will be great to have a proper look around and find out more stuff about the course. If I get into Sheffield Hallam (my first choice) I'll be doing some of my placements at Northern General, so fingers crossed I like it!

The open day sounds exciting, you should grab every opportunity you can and I'm sure it'll put you in good stead for getting on the course you want.

I'm always intrigued when you talk of the Morrison's salad bar but I don't have one near me so can't check it out :( I hope you enjoy your dinner tonight.

You're not the only one who wishes they'd joined SW sooner, I know I do! We're here now though and that's the main thing x

You say you 'only' lost 14lbs by going at it alone, err hello! Not alot of people could do that, that's a great acheivment! Well done :)

You definitely have nothing to be ashamed about, that is your past, and you'll never see those figures on the scales again.

I'm also intrigued regarding the Morrisons salad, post a piccy up.

Have a nice time at Chris' parents tonight

Hey- really interesting to hear about weighing after exercise :O thanks for sharing that!
Pre WI poop can make at least a pound or so difference! Can you imagine all of the food in your tum if you haven't been in a coupla days? Must definitely add weight.
Glad pep talk was of help :) we all need them after a crummy week. So often I think "I've had a great week on plan, should be looking at a nice -4lbs!" only to get a bloody sts or something- SO gut wrenching! But then when I think I am facing a gain I get pleasantly surprised by a good loss :p our strange bodies keep up on our toes!

Bev and Emma - I wish I'd seen your posts before I went to Morrisons or I'd have taken a pic of my tea. I've had a look online though and found some pics to give you a bit of an idea what its like. There are loads of options to choose from - cucumber, beetroot, lettuce, sweetcorn, tomatoes, superfood salad with quinoa, lentils etc, feta cheese, tuna pasta and sweetcorn, chicken pasta, mixes bean salad, onion bhajis, cous cous, prawn salad, florida salad, potato salad, rice dishes, fruit salad etc etc. Some of the stuff is covered in sauces so I generally stick to the free veg and have a bit of tuna pasta. It's sooo filling, and only £2 for a medium box, which is definitely enough - trust me, I have a big appetite! :D

saladbarmorrisons.JPGsaladbar2.jpg

Soph - I know I find the whole thing fascinating. I'll definitely have to get some laxatives in time for weigh day then, haha! Between not having a poo and the exercise the day before hopefully that accounts for the crappy loss this week! Lets hope we don't have any more crappy weeks for a while! Bet you're over the moon today after getting to your 5 stone mark :)

---

Week 6, day 2 - EE

2 x Hi-Fi bars (hexb)
Honeydew melon
Peach
Morrisons salad bar - beetroot, cucumber, sweetcorn, grated carrot, tomatoes, feta (hexa), olives (1 syn), tuna pasta with little mayo (4 syns), mixed bean salad, superfood salad (with lentils, quinoa etc) - 5 syns
Watermelon (total bargain - got it for 9p reduced from £1.25! :cool:)

Total - 5 syns

So a great day syns wise, my lowest for ages! I'm afraid though tomorrow I'll be making up for it :D Chris is having his mate over to watch the first episode of the new Sons Of Anarchy season, so I've arranged to escape the snooze fest and go out for tea and a movie with my friend Hannah. We're off to Subway, and you know what? I think I'm actually gonna have a sub rather than a salad!

I've been reading that if you don't have a HEXB choice for the day you can deduct 6 syns from the total, making a Subway club which is 16 syns a reasonable 10. Plus I can have the cheese as my HEXA, and still squeeze the bag of quavers that comes with the meal into my syn allowance - admittedly I'd be 15.5 syns for the day, so slightly over, but for all that joyful subby goodness I can cope with that after being so good today! You never know, I might actually fancy another salad tomorrow, but if I want to treat myself I can, and I won't feel like I've totally blown the diet!

Ooh, and If I have a green day I can still have my Hi-Fi bars for breakfast too! See I'm getting much better at this planning lark! :)

Mmm, the salad bar sounds lovely, I wish there was one near me.

Tomorrow sounds lovely and at least you're saving your syns beforehand rather than trying to make it up after, just like you said you'd do xx

Hope your well cheese thief well done on your loss remain positive you have done well so far

Enjoy your subway I do miss them haha

Have a good day :)

Mmmm subway! I've been having the salads for lunch in the last few weeks...and they are so so good...but with the weather getting colder, I can tell I'm going to need to build in a proper toasted cheesy warming sandwich or two as well soon!!
Enjoy!! :) xx

I don't find it easy to drink enough water and the cold weather coming will make it more difficult I think... any ideas

Bev - Yeah its a pity they don't have them up there, we're spoilt for choice with Morrisons around here! At least you know somewhere healthy to try if you see one when you're away from home! Oh and I'm definitely glad I saved syns in advanced. I found it really difficult last week to 'recover' syns after my chicken and chips splurge so never again! How are you getting on this week? Have you managed any more of the couch to 5k?

JMA - Thanks for stopping by, hope you're enjoying your holiday! I can't wait for that sub later, I was thinking about it and I haven't had any bread in over 4 weeks!! I always use my HEXB choice for cereal bars or cereal so it'll feel like a real treat! I also managed to find an even lower syned sub than my 'usual' Club, the turkey breast one is only 12 1/2 syns, so once I've used my HEXB choice that makes it 6 1/2! Result! Oh, and don't worry I'm still feeling really positive about the plan, I'm in this for a long haul so one weeks crappy loss won't put me off, if anything it's made me more determined! :)

Gingaling - I love the salads too! I had one for the first time a couple of months ago and couldn't believe how nice it was. After having salad yesterday and being super good so far today I'm really looking forward to my 'treat', I'm just so excited that I can have a subway without going over my syns for the day!

Princess - I'm terrible with drinking water, but maybe someone else can help. I practically live off diet soda! I know it's bad but I've found 0 cal drinks like diet coke, lilt zero, pepsi max and 7 up free are absolutely gorgeous and help with my sweet tooth cravings. When I'm further into my journey I plan on trying to cut down on them and to introduce more water, but for now I think they're helping me stay on track. Generally when I want to eat I'll have a can of diet soda first, then if I still feel hungry after I'll have some superfree or free food. It's amazing how many times a drink has taken away my food cravings!

Although I drink loads of fizzy pop it's still a huge improvement on the full fat versions I was having before I started the plan. I guess the problem for me at least is that I don't really like water or hot drinks that much (except the odd coffee), so that leaves fruit juice (a big no-no), fizzy pop, dilute drinks (which generally have more calories than fizzy in my experience, but if anyone has any suggestions of low cal ones that'd be great?) or milk (pretty synful after the HEXA has been used). Sorry that doesn't really help answer your questions princess, I guess when it comes to drinking water I'm shocking, but I do drink quite a lot throughout the day. I read somewhere that drinking a glass of water before meals can help you recognise when you're full easier and also means you're getting at least 3 glasses of water a day - worth a pop maybe? I really should try this too!

----

Well the terrible sleeps were back with vengeance last night! I couldn't get off until at least 5am, which meant I slept in 'till 10.30 today and even now I still feel like a zombie! I've come to realise it's worse when I've got a lot of work on for the next day, I keep running over in my head how many articles etc I want to get done and can't relax! Now because of the fact I've wasted half my day in bed I've had to push back some of my work to tomorrow, so although I'll still meet my deadlines it's leaving it a lot more to the last minute! Grr! In future I'm really going to try my best to get my writing done as soon as I accept the job!

As much as I love writing I'm also really looking forward to starting my part time job after I get back from hols. It'll just be nice to know a regular amount of money is coming in each month and all I have to do is turn up, go to work and then come home! Will be lovely to have work colleagues again too, freelance writing is quite a solitary profession! Of course I'll still be doing my writing on the side, I genuinely do love my work most of the time, but then I'll be able to pick and choose the most interesting projects. Plus I've got my Open Uni course starting in 3 weeks, I really want to do well and it's going to be really tough. The course I'm doing is a degree level module in Human Biology, but being as I've not studied any biology in nine years it's going to be a real shock to the system! :eek: The last thing I want is to be having to study on no sleep while worrying about writing deadlines! This new job can't start soon enough!

Anyway so far today all I've done is try and tidy the house ready for Chris's mate coming round tonight, grabbed some Hi fi bars and a peach and wrote this super long post about how busy I am without actually doing anything :rolleyes: Gotta love procrastination! Thankfully with my adjusted schedule I've only got 750 words to write this afternoon, then I need to be getting showered and ready to pick my friend up from work at 5 for our sub and movie night!

In case you've noticed I haven't managed ANY body magic so far this week! Thankfully I've planned a swim for tomorrow and Sunday, on Saturday I'll be spending 4 hours or so walking around a huge hospital, so I'm being cheeky and counting that!

Ooh and to end this on a positive note last night Chris's Mum told me she can definitely tell that I've lost weight, which was really nice to hear! Of course that might have been to spur me on being as she was eating fish and chips and I was sat there with a salad, but maybe there's some truth in it. I can definitely tell now, especially when I wear that size 24 dress that couldn't fit over my thighs 2 months ago!

I'll post my food diary and let you know how I got on at the cinema later, if Hannah gets popcorn I may actually kill her! :D Have a good one guys! xx

I did my second run of C25K week 6 last night which is the last one that has any walking breaks. The final run for this week is a non-stop 25 minutes(!) Week 7 is 3x25min non-stop runs, week 8 is 3x28min non-stop runs and week 9 is 3x30min non-stop runs. It’s scary to look ahead but the plan has got me this far so hopefully it’ll see me the rest of the way.

I am also bad for not drinking enough or confusing hunger with thirst. I will try the tip about drinking a glass of water (or it’s usually no added sugar diluting if I’m at home) before I eat anything. At work I now sit fairly close to the water machine which is handy so every time I pass it, I fill my glass up. I try and have more water than anything else but at home I keep a jug of no added sugar diluting in the fridge to keep me topped up. Before SW I probably drank a good 3-4 cans of Diet Coke a day and that was about it! I slowly weaned myself off and now I only have Diet Coke when I’m out (in my vodka usually!!) and I really enjoy it because it’s a ‘treat’.

Not so good to hear about your bad sleep. Hopefully getting started with your new job will help youget into a good routine.

Nice to hear that your losses are becoming noticeable to people. When people started to comment it really spurred me on and kept me motivated. I’m sure she wasn't just saying it to make you feel better, I’m sure she genuinely meant it. Take the compliment and enjoy it, you deserve it :)

Enjoy the cinema tonight – what are you going to see? I’m sure you already said but I’ve totally forgotten! x

Bev - Had a fab night thanks. Went to see Elysium in the end, it was a bit rubbish to be honest but I had a good laugh with my friend and it was great to catch up. Sounds like you're doing great with the running! Looks like its going to get tricky but I'm sure you'll manage it, you must feel so much fitter than you did!

Brit - Thanks hun, all is going well this week so far, hoping for a decent loss on Tue. Like you say its not one week that matter but the other 51! Hope you're well hun.

---

Week 6, Day 3 - Green

2 x Hi Fi Bars (HEXB)
2 x peaches
Turkey sub with salad and BBQ dressing (12 .5 syns but using bread as my HEXB so minus 6 syns) - 8.5 syns (2 extra for sauce and olives)
Quavers - 5.5 syns
Muller light
3 x mini babybel light (not a patch on the full fat version, I'll be sticking to them in the future!)

Total - 14 syns

Well I had a lovely night, gorgeous food and lots of fun with my friend. Subway was amazing, I'd forgotten how good bread tastes! Felt really good today once I was out, I'm physically starting to feel slimmer now which is nice. I think if the way I feel is anything to go by I'll be pleasantly surprised when I get on the scale next Tuesday. This week seems to be flying by for some reason, can't believe its Friday already tomorrow, only 4 more full days 'till the next weigh in!

Need to aim to get some more super free in tomorrow as today except my sub and some fruit I did pretty crappy as far as that was concerned. Tomorrow I've planned an EE day - Breakfast: cereal; Lunch: omelette with mushrooms, cheese and baked beans; Tea: Beef stir fry from M&S - lets see how I get on! A dip in the pool is also on the cards before lunch, getting me my first body magic of the week!

Note to self - never plan!

I feel like I'm coming down with a chill, so swimming is off the menu for today. Instead I'm going to concentrate on keeping warm, finishing all my writing work, then getting all wrapped up for a short walk before I pick Chris up from work. Managed a decent sleep last night for a change so I'm in a lot better spirits today, on top of that I'm really excited about going to the Clinical Open Day at Northern General tomorrow. What with my open uni books being dispatched today and my work experience tomorrow, it finally feels like things are happening towards my career at long last.

After nomming on a muller and peach for a syn free breakfast I'm still planning on making the omelette for lunch. I think I'm going to incorporate my HEXA and grater my 3 babybel lights into it, I wasn't that bothered about them on their own as they didn't have that creamy babybel texture I love so much, but maybe they'll taste better mixed in with something.

Right I'd better stop procrastinating and get some more work done, I think the heating is going on too - brr!

Aw, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I'm still getting over a horrible cold so I can totally sympathise with how you're feeling. Good for you still planning to squeeze in a walk though. I know you probably won't feel like going outside but I'm sure the fresh air will make you feel a lot better. I struggled through my C25K when I wasn't well and just being outside it really helped. (I've got my 25 min run tonight by the way, eek!!)

Glad to hear things are moving along with your career plans, exciting stuff!

Thanks Bev, I've had a hot shower which has perked me up and made me feel a bit less grotty. It's lovely and sunny here so some fresh air later will be lovely. Good luck for tonight and your 25 minute run, hope the weather is nice for you too! Let me know how you get on.

--

I'm just nipping back to show off my first EVER omelette. I don't know how I managed to get to the ripe old age of 28 without ever making one, I guess its testament to my terrible eating habits! The omelette was cheese, mushrooms and onions with 3 eggs (they were small, but in future i'd only use 2 as I'm stuffed now) and 1/2 a tin of baked beans. The babybel lights were yummy melted, in future though I think I'd give either the onion or beans a miss as they didn't really go that well together.

cheesyomlette.jpg

It doesn't look very well presented but it was yummy and very cheesy! I washed it all down with a can of Pepsi for 7 syns. I've been craving a full sugar version for a while and today as I hadn't used any syns so far it seemed the perfect opportunity. Tonight tea is going to be beef stir fry (the only syns are in the sauce) so I should still end the day well under 15 hopefully!

Right, back to work for me, but first its time to feed the kittens. They've been dive bombing my omelette trying to nick off with some!

I had never made an omelette before starting SW either. In fact, I'm embarrassed to admit that I had to look at a video online to see exactly how to do it! I eat them quite regularly now, they're so quick and filling and mostly free :)

Mmm, omelettes are gorgeous and so quick to make, easy to get in your 1/3 of your plate too. If I were you I'd ditch the onion and keep the beans :)

Do you have your meals planned for your busy weekend?

Congrats on your first Omlette! Woohoo! I love how SW has made me a better cook- have tried so many more recipes now!

Hate to be an absolute douche bag by pointing this out (always do :( ) but you can only deduct syns if using wholemeal bread as HexB :( subway's brown bread is wheat, not wholemeal. Basically unless the fibre content is large enough (i.e. Wholemeal) bread is really awful for weight loss so has to be synned. Even some wholemeal thigs dont count, such as most wholemeal pitta (except WW version) and wholemeal bagels cant be a Hex either I've heard. It may be that you can -6 syns from those though!
Anyway- super sucks as I LOVED subway subs! Their salads are pretty nice though, I love having them with hot chicken and melted cheese and the sweet onion sauce!
I actually emailed subway a few weeks ago telling them to get wholemeal on the menu for us dieters! Maybe if others suggest thid to them too they will actually listen :p they said they would pass the idea up to the cheif though!

Anyway, so yeah... You cant deduct syns for Hex on any sandwiches that arent wholemeal either and definitely not baguettes :/ hate being the smarty pants who always points this out but would suck if everyone started having loads of extra bread unknowingly and gaining!

Cool that all of your uni stuff is getting close- so exciting :D x

Bev - Yeah I think I'll be having them more often, I can't believe I ate all that and it was totally free!

Emma - Yep think ya right, the onion has to go! Although I'm going to look online for some good omelette combinations of ingredients.

Sophie - NOOOOOOO! OMG, I'm so glad you told me about that as I'd have done it again! Don't feel like a douche bag at all, I honestly want to know when I'm doing things wrong so thanks for telling me! I must have seen someone else deducting the HEXB 6 syns from a sandwich and figured I could too, whether it was wholemeal or not didn't even cross my mind - d'oh! I had the Italian herb one yesterday! It still means I can have my sub at 12.5 syns but just means I need to leave the crisps next time, which is totally fine as I've never been a crispaholic like some people. I completely agree though that Subway should have a wholemeal option, I'll get them emailed too, the more people who do the more likely they are to do something hopefully. I should have known a sub for 6.5 syns was too good to be true! :rolleyes:

---

I don't know why I bother planning sometimes! I picked Chris up from work and he fancied carvery...which made me fancy carvery too so that's where we ended up for tea! Luckily I just managed to squeeze it within my syns total - just! As we're now down to the last 3 days before weigh day I'm going to be super saintly for the rest of the weekend. Really enjoyed the carvery though, its so nice to be able to eat out somewhere and get a huge plate of super free!

It started raining cats and dogs about 3.30 so I only managed a 10 minute walk, purely because I wanted to stay on track for body magic week 3. Tomorrow I'll be walking loads round the hospital and then Sunday I'm having one of my big swims!

Tonight after carvery we popped round to Chris's mum's for a bit and watched Corrie, came home and I finished off another article while watching the Elton John special. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm so excited about my clinical open day tomorrow, it doesn't start while 12:30 either so it gives me time to have a little lie in, pester Chris to cook a slimming world breakfast and get myself looking presentable! I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow - eek!

Week 6, Day 4 - EE

Breakfast - Muller and a peach
Lunch - 3 egg omelette with onion, mushroom, cheese (HEXA) and baked beans
Can of pepsi - 7 syns
Tea - Carvery - lean gammon, lean turkey, yorkshire pud (4), leeks, a little onion gravy (2), carrots, peas, roast potato (2) - 8 syns

Total - 15 syns - phew!

Back