From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Some great tips there, thanks Sophie! x

Amazing!!!! That's so fab, well done :D

Wow! Thanks for all the responses, I've tried to respond individually but sorry if I've missed anyone out! It's great to know you guys are rooting for me!

Bev - How did you get on tonight at WI? I'm rooting for you!

Emma - Same for you Em, I know you get weighed tonight, let me know how you do! And yep, the hi-fi bars taste like heaven after my weigh in. I always look forward to my WI breakfast so much as I usually run out of hi-fi bars by the end of day 3! I know I could buy more, but I like to mix things up a bit and if I bought more I could see me getting lazy and sticking with the easy option all week.

Like you say I may as well aim for 7.5lbs so I'm into the 21's for holiday, oh wait, I''d actually need to lose 8lbs to technically be in the 21s wouldn't I? D'oh! I'm keeping my official target as 4.5lbs which should be achievable, but I'll keep rooting for more. I still have no ideas (except possibly water retention from exercise) why I only lost 0.5lbs last week, so for all I know it could happen again. I really hope it doesn't though!!

Soph - Thanks hunny! Wow if I ever lost 5lbs in a week it'd be insane! Got to say I'm really loving the 4lbs loss this week, so much so that I'm going to take you up on the idea to do a couple of red days to give me a boost so I get the same this week. Might not happen but I've nothing to lose, except some blubber! :D I'm also going back to swimming this week so it should give me a decent boost too! What I've noticed so far though is the 2 weeks where I lost 4lbs were the ones where I hardly did any exercise - very odd!

In future I'm going to try and have some fruit or something before weigh in if I need it, I'm not feeling like that again, it was horrible! I put it down to having a light salad last night, I even felt hungry before I went to bed but thought I'd just wait 'till the morning after WI - a whole 12 hours later! Silly me, but I've learnt for when it comes round to next week. I'll just see how my body feels, some days I've been completely fine waiting till after WI for breakfast.

I'm so glad I weigh in the morning, I feel so sorry for the evening weigh people who are worrying about what they eat and drink all day long. Of course if they do the same week after week it shouldn't have any impact, but still it can't be a very fun day with the prospect of the scales hanging over you like a guillotine! That reminds me, when I start my job at the end of October I might have to change group depending on the times of the training. Thankfully though there is a Saturday morning one fairly near me, I'd hate to swap to an evening class, a gain would be almost inevitable for that first week!

Btw, I just read your second post to Ann about tips (some great ones btw). I didn't realise you did weekly syns. I might try giving that a go next week. It's a lot more flexible, so much better for when you need those extra syns for a meal our or some drinks.

Ann - Thanks hun! I'm the same when it comes to people weighing in, I'm looking forward to seeing how Bev and Emma have got on tonight and rooting for JMA tomorrow!

As for advice I think what Sophie said was absolutely spot on. I have hungry days too, but not all the time, so when I'm hungry I don't feel guilty about eating more. Sometimes superfree fruit can fill me up if I'm not that hungry, but cooked chicken is great if youre ravenous as the protein really does fill you up. The great thing about SW is that there is always something you can eat - yoghurt, fruit etc - Even boiled eggs or SW chips make a filling free food snack!

Kath - Thanks hun! I was so chuffed! I dunno about 4.5lbs being easy peasy, but I'm pretty confident I can manage it in 3 weeks now and hopefully with a couple more on top if the scale gods are benevolent!

Flix - Thanks hunny! How are you getting on this week? You are another one who I always think of on the day of your weigh in and wonder how you've got on!

JMA - Thanks I was delighted!! Its great to see the results of a great on plan week. Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow, fingers crossed for a 5 pound loss so you reach your 5 stone! If you don't get it this week though I'm sure you will the next!

Missk - Thanks hun, off to catch up your diary in a minute and see how you've been getting on!

---

Well my certificates are freshly pinned on my kitchen cupboards, I'm actually not sure if I'll have enough cupboard space left for the next 10-12 stone but it'll be a nice problem to have when I get there! Feel a bit bad for Chris having to come home to a kitchen that's been hijacked by slimming world, he was incredibly proud of me though, I'm so lucky to have such a supportive family.

This afternoon I continued to feel crappy (tired, a bit dizzy etc) so ended up having a nap and not getting a whole lot else done. I perked up for the evening though and managed to complete some articles. I'm also dead set on going swimming tomorrow. So much so that after this I'm going to aim to get at least one more article done so I've less of a work load tomorrow.

As well as swimming there's potential danger in the form of a trip to the pub! I'm meeting my friend after work for a girly catch up and some tea. I think I'm going to suggest somewhere that I know does jacket potatoes, they are HUUUGEE too and very yummy if I remember rightly! Even though jacket spuds are on plan I always feel a bit guilty for eating them, I think its from my calorie counting days, but in slimming world I trust! Plus a tasty jacket has got to be loads better than the alternatives on the menu.

Ooh I meant to tell you this earlier but in the excitement I forgot. I was sat next to a woman today in group who was incredibly negative! She'd gained 2lbs this week so I can understand being a bit pissed off, but she seemed to have a genuine dislike of the slimmer members of the group. She took a look at one lady sat opposite (who is only 3lbs from target) and turned to me and said " I don't know why these skinny people even bother" and "it should just be for bigger people"! I replied that "hopefully the reason they're skinny is because they've been doing so well on plan"! That shut her up, but it honestly annoyed me. Slimming world should be about being healthy at any size. I'd hate to think when I get close to target that some of the bigger members might feel that way about me! I guess a lot of it is jealousy, but the lady in question had lost over 2 stones and looked great, its odd how to me she's an inspiration yet to someone else she's a threat!

Anyway food wise I actually went over my syns total - only by one though so don't go getting Margaret Miles-Bramwell over to beat me with a stick just yet! On a complete tangent from that I seriously want to give that woman a make-over, after all she's done for me through slimming world I want to return the favour - someone really needs to tell her that the excessive lip liner is not a good look! Anyway, I'll stop being *****y, but girls, you know what I mean, right? ;)

So todays food... feels weird writing week 7, I've never got to week 7 of a diet before!! :eek:

Week 7, Day 1 - EE

2 x Hi-Fi bars
a handful or two of cherry tomatoes
Chicken flat bread thing (mentioned earlier) - 8 syns
Muller and blackberries
City Kitchen skinny coconut chicken - 8 syns
melon

Total - 16 syns

A really yummy food day and completely worth that extra syn!! Tomorrow will aim for under 10 but it all depends on how tea goes, think I'll stick with EE tomorrow and go for my first red day on Thursday! I'm actually quite looking forward to redding it up for the first time!

Last edited:
Hey missy, glad you're still raring to go. I honestly think getting into the 21's is a doddle for you, you give your all and you're doing so well :)

I also think jacket taties are like a treat. I've never eaten so many before I joined SW, literally anything goes with them. Especially cheesy beans. Nom, nom!

I lost 2lbs tonight, mega chuffed with myself. I'm off on holiday to Tunisia in the morning so will catch up on your postings next week.

Have another good week and keep smiling :) X

I totally agree about the lip liner..... madness :)
I think that woman was just a bit sad and decide to make herself feel better by *****ing about someone else
Well done for saying something back ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You're turning into a weight loosing machine :553:

Em - Enjoy Tunisia! I'm well jel, though at least it's not long 'till I go away now. Let me know how you found it, it's somewhere I've always wanted to go as you can get some really good deals! Is it pretty much just a beach holiday place or are there things to go and see locally too? For me Lanzarote next month is just going to be a complete chill fest - sand, sea and lots of swimming - maybe a bit of booze too!

Well done on the weight loss this week too!

Brit - I'm glad its not just me that thinks that! And yeah I expect she was just a bit pissed off, she seemed like a nice lady other than that. Hope today is going ok for you, if I remember rightly it's the day you have to pick out the *******s that robbed the shop is that right? *big hugs* and fingers crossed you spot them!

Gingaling - Thank you mi' dear! I'm still over the moon today!

Princess - Hahaa, I'd love to be a weight losing machine, I just hope I can manage another good week! Hope ya well lovely!

---

Well in typical inappropriate timing my * week showed up this morning - grr!! There's no way I'm swimming when I'm on * week so I'll have to settle for a walk today instead. The good news is that with 6 days before my next weigh in I should hopefully be fine for Tue. I know * week can really play havoc with weight loss, so I'm just hoping I can still manage a decent week in spite of this! The main annoyance though is the swimming, but hopefully I'll be able to manage it on Sunday and I really am aiming for a couple of decent walks this week too.

The problem with me and * week is that I just want to lie in bed with a hot water bottle and eat chocolate, big cheesy pasta dishes, pizza, curry and...well, you get the general idea! In the past I've used it as an excuse to eat even more rubbish than normal and do even less exercise. I really need to get out of that cycle. My last * week was around the time of my birthday in week 2 when I ate all that cake and had a pretty rubbish week - although AMAZINGLY I managed to shed 4lbs still, I still have no idea how my body works!

Anyway my articles are all done for the day and it's only lunch time! I feel so virtuous for being so productive! I think I'll accept a couple more jobs though and try and at least start them today.

Really not feeling like going to the pub tonight, I just want to slob on the sofa and watch trashy TV, another of my * week habits! I know I'll enjoy it once I get there though. Off to make myself a cheesy omelette now for lunch, I'll be munching on plenty of fruit this afternoon too to get my super free in! I came home with loads of fruit yesterday in the slimmer of the week basket, a lovely crisp pink grapefruit sounds just the ticket for this afternoons * week noms!

If I really do feel like eating snacky stuff on * week I think I'll make some more SW chips. I could even use my cheese allowance to make cheesy chips - that sounds wonderful right about now! Anyway my stomach is growling, as much as I love hi-fi bars for breakfast they tend to only keep me full for a couple of hours.

Off to cook now. Hope you all have a great day!

well done emma.Super losses girls
Have a fab holiday..well jel lol.
Had a good food day yesterday even though i had a change of plan.Instead of scotch egg i had the chilli with sw chips and mushy peas.
Had nothing today and its past lunch time.Hubby and I have had a big row and i am feeling really poop.Even though i feel as though we both had some valid reasons for row,i,m always the one who feels guilty and is left feeling in the wrong.
He has now decided he is taking the dog on morning walks as he wants to get fitter.I asked why we couldnt go together,he made me feel like cr*p,as he said,walking at my speed does nothing for him as he is twice as fast a walker than me(true..but still a bit hurtful).I added at least we would be spending time together(something we rarely do as we have much different interests)He is fanatical about fishing,he spends a lot of time away from home doing this.
I am a home bird...i love spending time with my very large family.
I just wish rows didnt leave me so emotional and insecure.I need to take a leaf out of his book..nowt bothers him lol.

Right,sorry for the moan,i really need to eat something,just not going to comfort eat like i usually do.So,keeping away from the bread bin.Salad drawer here i come lol.

Hey Cheesy!

A lot of people find the bulk of their * week gain is the two days running up to * week (PMS bloating) and two or three days after- so you might find that you'd have lost even more if you hadn't been due on this week :eek: hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised by your next WI :D sounds like pretty good timing for * week in WI terms, though I have had heavy weeks that have effected two bloody (excuse pun LOL) WI's!

Def try a couple of Red days! They are awesome! Basically it is scary at first as you lose most of your carbs- pasta, rice, potatoes, but if you plan well and have lots of cooked chicken and fruit to munch on between meals then it's pretty easy! Just figure out what you'll be making before your Red day for your first few or it might get stressful lol. I used to feel such a sense of accomplishment when I managed a Red day, but now I find them easy and do them most days :O double cheese and double cereal/bars = awesome!

I just noticed you're having a cheesy omelette again- yum! Do make sure you get superfree in with your meals as well as snacks though, as the superfree is there to fill you up rather than the free/hex/synned food. Try and eat some fruit before your omelette perhaps. A lot of people seem to think the fruit/veg is their for the healthiness but the real key is that it's there to fill a gap you'd otherwise be filling with non-superfree foods, as superfree will fill you with the least calories.

Strangely I've found no difference on the scales when I've done lots of exercise :S one week I did a lot of Wii Fit and the game Exerbeat which both calculate how many calories you burnt per exercise and I'd lost over 3500- the week before (with 0 exercise) I lost 3 lbs and that week I just lost 2 lbs :S which back in Feb was a slow week for me as I was usually getting -3 or -4's! Wasn't the most encouraging thing for my exercise routine! :p lol
Apparently though you notice the inches go down quicker with exercise and the pounds go down quicker with diet.

I know what you mean about wanting to stuff self during * week- I always have cheesy pasta, makes me feel so much better!
Or my favourite treat on a green day (or EE) is potato pancake! You grate a potato (unpeeled- skin has all the vitamins) and carrot (also unpeeled) and an onion, mix into two whisked eggs, season and fry in 1 tablespoon of olive oil (as HexB) flattening out the mix to cover the bottom of the pan evenly, for 4 mins each side. To flip use a spatula to unstick it then put a plate on top of the pan, flip it over and slide it off the plate back into the pan (with some fry light before hand incase most of the oil is absorbed). Sprinkle with cheese for the last minutes so it melts, (plus aromat, maggi, whatever flavourings) and then serve with ketchup- NOM! OMG SO GOOD. The Olive Oil REALLY makes it though, it helps it stick together and it's sooo yum.
It doesn't taste eggy at all for those who aren't fans of egg, but it is delicious and fills the cravings for junk! I really recommend it to everyone, it's such a treat especially during * week and is full of superfree already!
The original recipe didn't call for a carrot but I found that I couldn't tell the difference with the carrot and it bulked in enough superfree to call it a 3rd. I also make a sweet version of this for breakfast sometimes- chop a banana over it and some golden syrup or honey and it's really nice!
x

Okay so before I go out in a minute I thought I'd finally post up some pics that show my progress so far.

The awful one was me back in Feb at 24 stone 10lbs and the slightly less awful one in the red dress is me today at 22 stone 7.5lbs. I've got a hell of a long way to go, but I can definitely see some progress, which is hugely encouraging!

I'll reply to peeps later, I just thought I'd post this while I've got the balls, plus with me going out I wont be able to delete them for at least 4 hours if I get cold feet! :D

Attachments

• fatbev.JPG
    fatbev.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 157
  • progresssofar.png
    progresssofar.png
    533.2 KB · Views: 177
Wow! Huge difference! You look great :D love the red dress!
Well done for being brave and posting- I was only brave enough for a before picture the other day after nearly a year on here!
X

Wow hun hello pretty lady :D You are looking great and that is at the start of your journey - congrats! The red dress is fab! If you can get some motivation from these pictures - at the start of your journey your shape has already started changing. Am really pleased you decided to share these - really inspirational. xxxxx

CT.....you look fab..what a difference.Beautiful lady.I dont think i will ever have the guts to put a photo on.Hopefully though..

Okay so before I go out in a minute I thought I'd finally post up some pics that show my progress so far.

The awful one was me back in Feb at 24 stone 10lbs and the slightly less awful one in the red dress is me today at 22 stone 7.5lbs. I've got a hell of a long way to go, but I can definitely see some progress, which is hugely encouraging!

I'll reply to peeps later, I just thought I'd post this while I've got the balls, plus with me going out I wont be able to delete them for at least 4 hours if I get cold feet! :D

Fabulous..... Well done. Keep it up !!!!! Xxx

Definitely a big difference in the two piccies ......... and you do look spectacular in the red dress :D

Back