From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

remember beans aren't free foods on a red day hun...x
(sorry if you're using them as HEb lol) x

remember beans aren't free foods on a red day hun...x
(sorry if you're using them as HEb lol) x

Oh wow I had no idea!! Thanks for that hunny, I have a HEXB left to use so at least I can still have them! :)

Week 7 - Day 4 - RED

Special K red berry bar - 4.5 syns
Tuna nicoise salad - new potatoes as HEXB - 2 syns for olives
Muller
Apple
2 egg omelette with mushrooms, 2 mini babybel and baked beans - Beans as HEXB, cheese as HEXA
grapes
shape yoghurt - 1 syn

Total - 7.5 syns

Body magic - 45 mins
--

I've not actually had my omelette or grapes yet. Chris is cooking my omelette as he was horrified when he saw the picture of my first couple of attempts! He's a much better cook than me, so thankfully he does most of our teas! I am better than I used to be though...

---

30 minutes later - Yum, that omelette was delish! Really enjoyed my first red day, quite surprised I've managed it without mountains of meat too! Tomorrow though I'll be making up for it with sausages and bacon in my breakfast and chicken in my stew, no potatoes or pasta in sight!

Right I'm off to watch trashy Friday night telly! Quiet one this weekend as I'm off to Manchester for a couple of gigs next week (Fleetwood Mac and Barry Gibb). Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Last edited:
Hey CT!

It's cool to see you've tried a red day - I've had a few in the last few weeks and I do like them. Can't live without loads of potato for long though!

Thank you from me as well missk, I also didn't realise beans weren't free on red! I thought they were always free! Phew :D

I know that pizza is horrible! Red day was good thanks, though I am feeling a bit peckish now, which I don't usually on green days after a lateish tea. Gonna tuck into a yoghurt in a minute.

UCAS form hasn't progressed much today, I've done a general outline for the personal statement but can't seem to get in the right frame of mind to write it. Tomorrow though I want to get a first draft all done, then I can finish it off on Sunday hopefully! How is your week going?

OMG well done on your first red day :D:D:D this is probably weird but I'm so mega proud of you, you didnt struggle at all- amazing!! :D yay!
Glad you enjoyed the food also :D I sometimes get a bit hungry on red evenings too so often save a Hex of each for a light evening snack of a cereal bar (2x alpen light bars = 1 HExB or 1 x YUMMY choxolate Chewy delight bar, or 2 x wheatabix is a hexB which I looove with 2 tsps of golden syrup for a syn with a hex A for milk!)

Red is a really great way to get rid of any bloating or constipation too.
Amazing that you kept it low syn- fantastic! Now you have some saved for a cheeky drink on the weekend? ;)
Keep up the fab work hun, Red days can be your best friend! X

Brit - Yep, UCAS is horrible, I've created some sort of first draft today, but still got a lot of work ahead of me tomorrow to make it anywhere near decent! Ah well, it'll all be worth it in a few days when its all done and dusted and I can relax!

Soph - Haha, aww thank you! I was proud of myself too. I've been meaning to do red for ages but I guess I found the prospect quite daunting! I nearly threw a hissy fit this morning when Chris said he didn't fancy making SW breakfast! To be fair he'd just spent the best part of an hour chopping veggies for the casserole tonight so I couldn't really blame him - although being riddled with * week blues I did try! :D

Anyway, rather than choosing a green or an EE day I decided to stick with the red and got a chicken salad from the shops, something I'd have never been bothered to do before - so I'm currently on my second red day! Being as we have the SW fry up to eat tomorrow I'm even considering a third red day - if that doesn't boost my losses for Tuesday nothing will!

To be honest I don't really drink much, my fave drink is cider, which is ridiculously synful so I'd have to save a hell of a lot of syns up to be able to have a few! I'm also trying to be super 'good' for these next couple of weeks until holiday, although I have used some syns this afternoon for a Curlywurly - yum!

Week 7, Day 5 - RED

LONG LIE IN = no breakfast!
Lunch - Chicken breast, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, lettuce and low fat syn free dressing
Curlywurly - 6 syns
2 x mini babybel with grapes - hexa
shape chocolate yoghurt - 1 syn
Tea - Slow cooker casserole - chicken, carrots, leek, butternut squash, onion, mushroom, parsnips (hexb), swede (hexb), peas, knorr stock pot (0.5 syns as split into 3/4 portions) , yorkshire pudding (2.5 syns - sainsburys value range as I was amazed at how low syn it was)
galia melon and 2 mini babybel (hexa)

Total - 10 syns - Pretty saintly for a Saturday!

I've not finished my food day yet - casserole is still in the slow cooker at the minute smelling distinctly gorgeous! Gotta say I'm enjoying these red days so far though. Although I've noticed that I feel hungrier I'm still eating LOADS and without the bloating and ickyness that can come from pasta, potato and rice dishes (although I hardly ever have rice for this exact reason).

In the past I really struggled to get my 5 a day, but now I'm an old pro. Today I had tomatoes, onion, cucumber, lettuce, grapes, carrots, leek, butternut squash, onion, mushroom, parsnips, swede, peas and melon - FOURTEEN PORTIONS of fruit and veg in one day!! So in your face 5-a-day! I'm just hoping it doesn't have any nasty side effects, our house might be like the windy city later as Chris has had at least 7 or 8 portions too! :eek:

While writing this I've decided to go for another red day tomorrow. I really want to get back to the pool too but I've got an opticians appointment at 11.45 which is bang in the middle of the 11.30 -1.30pm session, 20 minutes drive away. The only other option is to hit the 7-8:30 am session, if I manage that though I really do deserve a medal - I'll set an alarm and get my kit all ready to pick up, but I make no promises! Actually, I do believe there is a 3.30-5.30pm session at another swimming baths, I could try and make that one but it is a bit of a drive. It's near Chris's parents though so I could always offer to drop him off for a visit while I head to the pool, otherwise I'd just feel like I was wasting an hours (round trips) worth of petrol.

Well it's another lazy night for me, I fell asleep this afternoon watching Robo Cop so I'm going to finish that off this evening I think.

Last edited:
You're going great guns.....:winner:

Hi, just having a look at your diary and you are doing so well :)

I do lots of red days, even though I'm veggie, as I don't trust myself to not commit 'carbocide' with all the yummy potatoes!!

Just thought I'd say, after looking at your dinner yesterday, that swede shows as free food on Red days and not HExB, always a bonus!!

Have a lovely Sunday xx

Attachments

• image-2622108163.jpg
    image-2622108163.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 76
Thanks Sam, I don't know why I thought swede was a hexb, I guess its 'cos its pretty starchy! I'm having the chicken stew again tonight so it's good to know I'll have another hexb choice left!

---

Had a productive day so far - went to opticians, food shopping at tesco and aldi, mowed the lawn, hoovered and pots all washed and away. It's not all good though as I didn't manage the swimming at 7am, in fact as I had a late night watching movies and talking 'till 2am I even turned the alarm off! It's a gorgeous afternoon though so plenty of opportunity to get some body magic done!

I had quite a shock at the opticians as I was told I have a scar on the back of my cornea. I had what I thought was conjunctivitis a few months ago, only it turns out it was an ulcer! The optician was shocked I didn't end up in hospital with it, I just got some antibiotic drops from the chemist and it cleared up in 3-4 days. Anyway the scar is healing and fading but in future if I have any eye problems I've been advised to go straight to A&E! Scary stuff!

Food wise my second red day is going well. Brunch was a SW fry up with bacon, egg, mushroom, tomato, baked beans (hexb) and a Linda McCartney sausage. Just munched on 2 mini babybel (hexa) and got some grapes and yoghurt on standby for when I get peckish later. Amazingly yesterdays hot pot makes an easy 4 portions, so we're finishing it off tonight for tea. So that's pretty much food sorted, I've also got most of my syns left to use later too. As it's getting close to weigh day I'm going to try and be pretty good though, I'd love to manage a 4lb loss like last week! I know it's unlikely, but you never know as I've mixed it up this week with my red days!

On the body magic front I've arranged to go to my first Zumba class on Friday! My friend is instructing it and I've got another friend who I've roped in to come with me, so at least I won't feel like I'm doing it alone! Bet its gonna be exhausting, but so long as I'm moving I'll be burning those calories! The class is actually a fair drive from me (30 mins each way), but I'd have never gone if it wasn't my friend teaching it, so its worth it in my book! Plus, there's a pub up the road from me that does weekly zumba classes in the function room, so if I like it I can always give that one a try when I get a bit more confident. I'd love to get into more of a regular routine when it comes to exercise, I know I don't need it now to lose weight, but it's meant to be great for inch loss and when I am skinny I want to be nice and toned.

Right I've got that personal statement left to write, so gonna get cracking with that this afternoon. With the sun shining and lawn looking nice for a change I'm going to sit out in the garden and make the most of this nice weather... Hope you're all having a wicked weekend!

Week 7, Day 6 - RED

Brunch - SW fry up - fried egg, bacon, veggie sausage, mushrooms, tomato, baked beans (hexb)
2 x mini babybel - hexa
special k red berry cereal bar - 4.5 syns
Tea - Slow cooker casserole - chicken, carrots, leek, butternut squash, onion, mushroom, parsnips (hexb) swede, knorr stock pot (0.5 syns), peas
with swede, carrot and mash - 4.5 syns
Grapes
Shape yoghurt - 1 syn

Total - 10.5 syns

Last edited:
Food is looking fab sorry to hear about your eye at least now you know wht it is rather than not knowing if your treating it properly :)

Its great your going to zumba ive just joined the gym aswell..hoping to go tue and wed
I dont know many people who dont like zumba hopefully u will enjoy it then u wont have to drive as far :)

Xz

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Brit - Thanks hun, I'm crossing my fingers the Zumba is good. I'd love to be able to take a proper exercise class, I just hope I'm fit enough! How are you getting on this week?

---

After a lovely weekend with the mister, today I'm feeling quite tired and worn out. I don't know why as I've had plenty of rest, but I did get loads of stuff done around the house this weekend. If you've been reading this journal since the start you'll know that occasionally the exhaustion caused by my glandular fever comes back from time to time. The only thing I can do in these circumstances is rest, or something which can be 'cured' by a day or two of taking it easy can drag on for weeks! It's so annoying especially when all I want to do is exercise, as I still have my final body magic to do for the week.

At the moment I'm waiting for the a land lord/electrician to come around and sort our lights out (all our mains lights went out last night), soon as he's been I'm going back to bed for a couple of hours. I've arranged to see my friend tonight, but she's only going to be chilling at mine, although hopefully we can get a walk around the park in for 15 minutes to complete my body magic! Anyway, clearly the order for the day is rest, rest and more rest!

I've also decided NOT to buy the Amazon seat belt extender. What's the point in wasting a tenner on something I won't need in a few more months? I know it's only a tenner, but it's more about the principle, I'd much rather save that towards a skinny dress or top than use it on a 'fat' thing! Plus, the airline will just have to give me one anyway if it doesn't fasten! I've had far too many embarrassing things happen to me to be bothered by one more! :D

I've gotta say I'm not feeling very 'light' today, but generally that feeling can vary with me from day to day, lets just hope by tomorrow for WI that I'm practically floating! Part of me wants to invest in a decent set of scales, but I don't want to get super obsessive about weighing myself so I'll just stick with the ones at group for now. Although in a way it'd be nice to have a bit of an idea how I'd done before I step on the group ones. I know I should lose this week, just by virtue of calories in v's calories out, but going by the 0.5lb week I know that my body can be weird! Just from the way my body feels I'm not anticipating a mega loss tomorrow, if I manage a steady 2lbs I'll be happy, just another step in the right direction!

Good luck with your WI tomorrow! The body can do weird things, especially around * week, but you've been a champ with your red days which should pay off!! Big pat on the back for sticking them out :D wow!
Have you tried Special K chewy Delights? They are chocolatey and such a nice treat as a HexB. I'd never waste a HExB on beans or a veg I can have for free on EE, too busy using them on sweet things like cereal and fruity rivita topped with marshmallow fluff (you get it.in a tub and it's a syn for a tablespoon which goes pretty far anf makes an awesome rivita topping with some chopped banana and a tiny drizzle of honey!) or I use it for extra virgin olive oil as it can make some dishes sooo much nicer! Or wholemeal rolls for sarnies/burgers!

How comes yout glandular fever haunts you with tired patches?? G had it last year and he gets tired randomly sometimes...

Great that you are doing exercise to tone up! I read up about toning skin as I've noticed the Biggest Loser guys have really baggy skin around their arms when they arent flexing, and my mum had a really saggy tummy after pregnacy... I read that exfoliating twice a week in the shower with a scrubber spouge or mit really helps skins elasticity (and to reduce cellulite) as it brushes away old skin cells and causes new ones to reform, and helps blood flow to the areas to help thecellulite. Also moisturising potential problem areas several times a week with cheap body lotion apparently really helps too. It's all about doing it as you go along so that the skin can shrink as you do, otherwise after when it is loose it is hard to get it taught again. Read so many posts by people asking how to shrink the skin as they have a six pack but it is hidden by the skin from all the weight they lost etc! X

Hi, just having a look at your diary and you are doing so well :) I do lots of red days, even though I'm veggie, as I don't trust myself to not commit 'carbocide' with all the yummy potatoes!! Just thought I'd say, after looking at your dinner yesterday, that swede shows as free food on Red days and not HExB, always a bonus!! Have a lovely Sunday xx[/QUOTE. is this an app Sam... I would love this kind of thing on me !!!! Thanks x

Thanks Soph, some good tips there for trying to reduce the sag! I've been doing the moisturising but not the exfoliating, so will have to give that a go! I love skin products anyway so it'll give me an excuse to go shopping for some more. I've heard that cocoa butter is meant to be really good too!

A lot of people who have glandular fever suffer from exhaustion afterwards, it's known as post-viral fatigue and can last for years or even a lifetime after someone has had the illness. Its been 2 years since I was poorly and at first I could hardly get out of bed for weeks, but it's gradually improved over time until now 2 years on I can pretty much live a normal life. I still have flare ups though and will always need more sleep than 'normal' people, tbh I can't imagine it ever getting completely better but even now i'm still improving and I'm sure working on my diet and fitness levels will help too. I guess it's kind of like ME, but the difference is they know the cause. Plus, I've known people who have suffered from ME for years and never really get much better at all, so I'm pretty lucky really. I hope G doesn't have it as it can be pretty ****, with me it tends to strike after a really busy or stressful patch, then I really have to give my body the rest it needs or it just gets worse.

I'm really hoping those red days have made a difference, but I never really know until I've stepped on the scales in group. I wonder if as I get lighter I'll get better at judging my weight loss! I hate surprises, not so much the good kind, but if I've STS or gained and I'm expecting a loss I can imagine being pretty grumpy about it! Ah well, I guess that's what makes going to group such fun, I never know what the scale is going to pull out of the bag for me.

That marshmallow stuff sounds amazing, where do you get it from?! I need to check this out! :D

Heyyyy im doing ok thanks havent been great yet again so who knows what thursday will bring....
I hope u do get a loss youve done so well sticking to red days.... its good that u dont sneak peak I wish I had that control

U can get fluff in aldi for 1.50 or asda for 2 pound be careful though its sooooooo nice.... I once ate the whole thing in one sitting :eek:

Good luck for tomo :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back