From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Bev - Wow you look awesome in your new profile pic! :) Well done on the half a pound. I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things soon, it just takes some time. I had such a complex about falling off the wagon after hols that I'm amazed how well I've done tbh, now just to keep it up.

Bloodcovered - Thanks hun, hope you're having a good week!

Em - Yey another pound down! That's fab news. At this rate you'll easily hit 5 stone loss by Christmas, wow! Oh and I'm weighing in THIS Sat in 3 days time, just not the Saturday after. Quite looking forward to this weeks WI and seeing a loss again, hopefully!

---

Well had another good day today with a salad for lunch. In the end did a Batchelors Pasta n Sauce for tea instead of a pasta bake, managing a nice green day.

I'm a bit worried about the situation in Tunisia at the minute. I saw on the news that a suicide bomber had been chased out of a hotel in Sousse and killed himself on the beach, when I read the article in more detail it turns out to be the hotel I booked last week! Imagine that!! I had a look at the FCO advice and it still advises travel to Tunisia is safe, but it's still worrying...:confused:

Week 12, Day 2 - Green

Breakfast - 2 x Breakfast biscuits - 5 syns
Snack - Apple and grapes
Lunch - Morrisons salad bar - Tuna mayo pasta (5 syns), beetroot, cucumber, lettuce, sweetcorn, onion, egg
Hot choc - 2 syns
Snack - 2 x babybel minis (hexa)
Tea - Batchelors Cheese and brocolli Pasta N' Sauce (hexa for milk) with a sprinkle of cheese - 2 syns
Supper - Muller

Total - 14 syns

Around 1500 calories today (I only count roughly!) so a bit higher than the rest of the week but I needed it! :)

Thank you. The picture was taken at my uncles wedding a few weeks back and I actually really like it which is most unusual for me! I liked it even more last night when I dug out some old pics and found a really hideous one of me at my biggest. It made me realise how far I've come and has given me more motivation to keep going. I've posted the pic in my diary so you'll be able to look when you get to 500 posts :)

Scary stuff about Tunisia, when are you due to go?

You're still doing amazingly well getting back on track after your holiday. I hope I'll be doing the same over the next little while x

Oooh roll on 500 posts so I can have gander, not long now I don't think!

We don't go to Tunisia 'till May so a good 7 months for things to calm down... I hope :/ It's the first time I've ever booked anywhere a bit 'risky' so to speak, so not feeling too confident about it at the minute. Still I'm sure it'll be me worrying for nothing and we'll have a lovely time!

Oooh roll on 500 posts so I can have gander, not long now I don't think!

We don't go to Tunisia 'till May so a good 7 months for things to calm down... I hope :/ It's the first time I've ever booked anywhere a bit 'risky' so to speak, so not feeling too confident about it at the minute. Still I'm sure it'll be me worrying for nothing and we'll have a lovely time!
Come over to my diary and say hello.... it's lonely over there.... get those posts up :D

Princess - Is this a new diary? I had no idea you had one, link please?

----

Well I'm over the moon right now! Just got home from another boring day of training to discover I've been invited for an interview at Derby uni for radiography! It's the first response I've had back from a uni so feeling really excited. My interview isn't 'till 11th Dec so it gives me plenty of time to prepare and brush up on things beforehand. Determined to lose at least 10lbs before my interview in 5 weeks, lets just hope I can manage it!

Had another solid day on plan so far:

Week 12, Day 3 - EE

Breakfast - banana
Snack - apples and grapes
Lunch - Feta (hexa) salad with onion, tomato, olives (2 syns) and lettuce
Pre-tea snack - Lean bacon sarni on nimble (hexb) with ketchup - 3 syns
Tea - Tuna pasta bake (5 syns) with onions, cheese (5 syns) and sweetcorn - 10 syns
Supper - Muller

Total syns - 15

So just within my syns allowance for the day if I stay on track. Tomorrow I'm aiming for another one of my double salad super days in preparation for weigh in on Saturday morning.

Did really well today as a girl brought a cake in for us all and I resisted, despite it being chocolate cake! I used to find it really hard when people ate around me while dieting, but not any more. Its amazing what difference it makes when you realise the distinction between saying you CAN'T eat something and CHOOSING not to eat something. Tomorrow we're off to Chris's Mums and Dads and taking them fish and chips, instead I'll be having a subway salad. It's crazy how much I've changed over the last few months, I feel well and truly in the 'zone' and really want to stay there! Seeing my weight loss graph go the wrong way after my holiday really gave me the kick up the bum I needed, just hope I have a decent loss this week as so far the 2lb loss for the whole of the month is pretty shocking.

Princess - Is this a new diary? I had no idea you had one, link please?

----

Well I'm over the moon right now! Just got home from another boring day of training to discover I've been invited for an interview at Derby uni for radiography! It's the first response I've had back from a uni so feeling really excited. My interview isn't 'till 11th Dec so it gives me plenty of time to prepare and brush up on things beforehand. Determined to lose at least 10lbs before my interview in 5 weeks, lets just hope I can manage it!

Had another solid day on plan so far:

Week 12, Day 3 - EE

Breakfast - banana
Snack - apples and grapes
Lunch - Feta (hexa) salad with onion, tomato, olives (2 syns) and lettuce
Pre-tea snack - Lean bacon sarni on nimble (hexb) with ketchup - 3 syns
Tea - Tuna pasta bake (5 syns) with onions, cheese (5 syns) and sweetcorn - 10 syns
Supper - Muller

Total syns - 15

So just within my syns allowance for the day if I stay on track. Tomorrow I'm aiming for another one of my double salad super days in preparation for weigh in on Saturday morning.

Did really well today as a girl brought a cake in for us all and I resisted, despite it being chocolate cake! I used to find it really hard when people ate around me while dieting, but not any more. Its amazing what difference it makes when you realise the distinction between saying you CAN'T eat something and CHOOSING not to eat something. Tomorrow we're off to Chris's Mums and Dads and taking them fish and chips, instead I'll be having a subway salad. It's crazy how much I've changed over the last few months, I feel well and truly in the 'zone' and really want to stay there! Seeing my weight loss graph go the wrong way after my holiday really gave me the kick up the bum I needed, just hope I have a decent loss this week as so far the 2lb loss for the whole of the month is pretty shocking.

It's lovely to see you so determined and really getting back into the groove :D

It's not a new diary... I've had it since I've been here and the link is in my signature

Thanks hun, bloody hell, how could I have missed that!

So happy to hear you are enjoying your SW meals and doing low cal/Red days so positively :D really inpressed by how easily you got back into plan after a break. I can see you sticking this out and being well on your way to skinny by this time next year :D x

Thanks hun, I hope so, can't imagine ever being skinny but we'll see what 2014 brings...:)

Well today I didn't manage the 2 salad day. At lunch everyone was having fish and chips. I was good and stuck to my salad, but it set off some serious cravings. I like to listen to my body when it craves something because feeling deprived is rubbish, so I was dying for fish and chips. Thankfully I put my slimming world head on and remembered tomorrow was WI, but to get my fix for tea I had fish with the batter taken off and mushy peas. It was surprisingly yummy, I did nick 5 chips from chris's plate but I've syned them within my allowance.

Week 12, Day 4 - EE

Breakfast - Melon, mango, pomegranete and grape pot
snack - apples and grapes
lunch - tuna, mayo (5 syns), pasta, cucumber, carrot, sweetcorn salad - 5 syns
hot choc - 2 syns
tea - fish (without batter) and peas with a few chips (5 syns)

Total -12 syns

So not a bad day at all, but not the ultra light day I usually manage before WI. Still it's good to try and slowly get out of that pattern of eating less the day before WI. I've worked hard this week and honestly deserve a loss, but we'll see what the scale Gods say tomorrow.

I've just this minute realised I haven't had my hexa or hexb today! I'm not having anything now as it's late and I'm not hungry, but after going shopping tonight there's lots of healthy treats in the house for over the weekend.

This weekend isn't going to be great syns wise. Tomorrow night we're having an Indian, so aiming for a syn free day apart from that. I haven't had any Indian food in 3 months whereas before it was a weekly thing, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm just going to choose what I like and have it as a flexible syns meal. In reality it'll be a chicken tikka massala, rice and popadoms. I'll keep away from the naan bread after seeing how calorific it is! It won't be a great day, but it's only one meal.

Sunday we're off to the bonfire at Cannon Hall Farm so I'll be sure to end up trying some bonfire toffee or something which I only have once a year. Again though apart from that I'll aim for a low syn day. After WI tomorrow I've got 9 days 'till the next one, so as long as I'm super good after the weekend I'm not too worried.

I still find the prospect of eating 'bad' food kind of scary because I don't trust myself yet not to completely overdo it. In a way days like tomorrow where I have one bad thing are a bit of a test for me, in the past the curry would just be the thin end of the wedge and I'd eat constant crap thinking 'I've already done crap so what the hell'! I'm sure I'll manage it though, I've gone too far now to ever go back to how I used to be! :)

Right I'm shattered so off to bed. Only 1 week fo this full time training left, thank God! Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be checking in tomorrow morning. Can't believe I have to set my alarm for 8am on a bloody Saturday, grr! :rolleyes:

Great thinking to have the fish you were craving for tea so that you didn't feel deprived. That's definitely the SW way of thinking!

Your weekend sounds fab, you should just enjoy it and then refocus yourself on Monday. I think that sometimes we need 'free' weekends - in a weird way I think it actually helps to keep us on track more. I know what you mean about not trusting yourself with 'bad' foods though, I was terrified that I'd come back from my holiday having a taste for it all again but, in reality, I had sickened myself with and it was out of my system by the time I got back. I was actually craving good, healthy food again!

I'm also with you on the dilemma of what to eat before WI. I know for you the issue is what to eat the day before but I don't get weighed until the early evening so my issue was what to eat during the day. I used to only have some scrambled egg in the morning, a salad for lunch and a couple of pieces of fruit if I got hungry. That was a bit silly though because I was always ravenous at WI. Instead, I slowly built up what I was eating every week and no I just eat what I'd eat any other day. My thinking is that if you do that every week then you'll see accurate losses (or gains depending on how the rest of the week has gone!!)

Well first weigh in back on plan and TWO POUNDS OFF! I'll be honest and say that I'd hoped for more, but 2lbs a week is a decent loss, I just wish I'd got another half so my holiday weight was all gone! That means I'm exactly 22 stone. I just want that number gone for good now, I'm determined that today is the last time I'll ever have to see it.

Decided against curry tonight and having it next weekend instead. Only losing 2lbs this week has made me want to really focus for the next WI, the bonfire food can be my treat this week so I'll be sure to enjoy that.

Busy morning ahead as doing a big tidy of the house in a minute, taking Chris to the docs for his flu jab and nipping to ASDA. This afternoon I'll be hitting the books again and tonight Chris's friend is coming over for drinks. Should be quite a nice weekend food wise too as we've got a slow cooker veggie stew in the slow cooker at the minute, yum yum! :)

Determined to really kick some ass this November with the weight loss - only 4lbs to go now 'till my 2 stone award and I'm desperate for a new addition to my kitchen cupboards. I've got 10 days now 'till WI so that means losing 1lb every 2.5 days... might be a tad unrealistic but I may as well aim for it and if not I'll be sure to get it the week after!

Aw, you deserved a bigger loss after beig so damn good! But our bodies do weird things... Hopefully next WI you get a boosted loss.

Awesome that you resisted the batter! Did you take it off straight away so you didnt tempt yourself or just eat around it? :p

2lb is a great loss but I can understand your disappointment after all your hard work. Especially when you are only 0.5lb away from the loss you wanted. I'm sure some of the same determination over the next 10 days will give you a good result.

Your veggie stew sounds good, what have you got in it? x

Yeah I think I deserved more than 2 also, but never mind. I didn't have a pre-WI poo and had a little bit of salt on my tea last night, so like you say maybe next loss will be slightly boosted. Either way it feels great to be a loser again, I'm finding it really annoying losing weight I already lost before so I'm really going to try and be good in Prague to come back with a maintain, or at most a pound on.

I know I'm doing well and I shouldn't moan but sometimes I feel quite taken aback by how long this whole weight loss process is going to take. I've been doing SW now for 3 months and I've lost 24lbs, making that an avarage of 8lbs a month. Okay I had a holiday in that time, but that's pretty much standard over the next year (lucky me!). So on that basis I won't be reaching target 'till May 2015 - ugh! Clearly I need to stop over-thinking things and just focus on each day, but I want to be slinky for next summer, not the summer after! I guess by next summer I'll still feel amazing, I just get impatient. Haven't been exercising lately though, so after the training's done next week my first job is to start incorporating it back into my routine. I actually really miss the pool and can't wait to get swimming again!

Bev - The veggie stew is one of those 'stew pack' ones you can get cheap from the supermarket, with extra veggies thrown in too. If I remember correctly it's got swede, leeks, carrot, onion, mushrooms, parsnips, peas and a nice stock which we have with some mashed potato, carrot and swede on the side. It really is yummy, tastes even better the next day too when it's had chance to marinade overnight. The best thing is it's completely free, except for the stock which is only a few syns, though I think I'll add a yorkshire pud too :)

Week 12, Day 5 - Green

Breakfast - 2 x Rocky Road Hi Fi Bars (hexb)
Lunch - Jacket potato with cheese (2 x hexa) and beans
Tea - Veggie stew - swede, leeks, carrot, onion, mushrooms, parsnips, peas and stock (1.5 syns) - with mashed potato, carrot and swede - harly ate any in the end as felt a bit sick - 2.5 syns
Snack - Muller, can of pepsi - 7 syns
Total - 8.5 syns

Last edited:
You whoop November's ass my honey :whoopass:.....

and don't forget this journey is not like saving up for something..... when you don't get the benefit until you save up that last penny... with weight loss you get more and more benefits as you go along x

I know its hard not to focus on the ultimate goal but mini goals are definitely the way to go with this. You're doing so well and yiu shouldn't lose focus on what you've already achieved. You'll get there whenever you get there and, like bloodcoveredprincess says, you'll feel the benefits throughout your journey, not just at the end. If you're anything like me, the time will fly by anyway, I'm nearly at my 1 year SW anniversary and I can't believe it! x

You're completely right hun, this last 3 months has flown by for me too. I just need to focus from week to week now and keep motivated by my mini goals like you say. I'm sure once I've got a few more weeks of steady losses under my belt I'll feel a lot happier, I just want to feel like I'm making progress again rather than bobbing around 22 stone like a bad apple!

Well you'll be pleased to know I've stopped being all moany and today i'm feeling really positive about things once again. This journey will take as long as it takes, so long as I get there in the end and keep it off for life whether it happens in 1 year or 2 doesn't really matter! Thanks for being so lovely and supportive :)

Having my flex syns night this evening as off to the bonfire in a minute so kept it light and red for the rest of the day

Week 12, Day 6 - Red + flexisyn tea
Breakfast - 2 x hi fi bars
Lunch - SW breakfast - fried egg, mushroom, tomato, baked beans, lean bacon
Tea - FLEXISYN TEA :) - probably pie and peas with bonfire toffee but we'll see *excited*

Hi there Bev

I started reading your diary last week and have spent some time each day (inbetween work) reading it and I'm now up to date. I've joined the forum especially so I can comment! I might start contributing to other threads though to keep me motivated.

Can I just say firstly that I love your diary (subscribed already), and that you should be very proud of your achievement so far. THE hardest thing about having a lot of weight to lose is to keep the motivation when you know it will take a considerable time.

I'm a yoyoer and since I turned 17 (I'm now 31) I've swerved between 11stone6lb (size 12) and 19stone7lb (after I'd had my son - size 24-26). There have been times I've desperately wanted to lose weight and not managed it - probably more a mental thing than physically being unable to... then other times I've got my head into it and really gone for it and lost it.

I wanted to lose weight for my wedding earlier this year but didn't manage to do it which I'm annoyed about, think I had too much going on at the time (work, uni, wedding planning etc). Since then I suddenly got into the right mindset and 4 weeks into my diet I've lost 17lb. I know this is the SW thread and I don't do slimming world just my own diet (its what I always do to lose the weight) but I am considering SW when I've lost some more weight to shift the remainer.

As you can see I also have quite a lot to lose and I'm hoping I can keep motivated... so far so good :) If you've always been on the larger size, one thing to remember is that you'll have lots of milestones along the way which make you feel amazing and spur you on to keep going.

Its a long road, but things like fitting into a smaller size of clothing, or feeling less breathless when out walking, are the things that keep you onto it, so don't just focus on the end of the journey. So what if its 2015 by the time you reach target you have lots to look forward to in 2014 also :) How good will you feel next summer in size 18 clothes for example instead of size 26. Don't forget also that you'd have probably gained more weight if you hadn't started to diet.

Anyway I just wanted to pop on to say how inspiring your diary is and how proud you should be. I will keep updated with your diary. Also good luck with the radiology, I retrained at 25 and went into nursing and its the best thing I've ever done.

Back