From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Yep I've definitely learnt my lesson to be more prepared in future. I've never been to Lincoln before so haven't a clue where the supermarkets are, if I'd seen one I'd have popped in for a salad. The town centre was so busy after the seminar I just wanted to get back home rather than pushing through crowds. Uni itself was really good, its nice to have these face to face sessions when you're doing an online course to make it feel a bit more 'real', was great to meet some other people doing the course too. I've been really stressed out about my first coursework due in 3 weeks, but most people were just as stressed an behind as me which made me feel a bit better!

Just about to set off to Leeds for Alice in Chains so a short entry today. Went to bed at 10ish last night and slept until 1pm today - it felt like heaven! Feeling all refreshed and re-energised now for the week ahead. Thankfully I'm not working 'till 11.45 tomorrow so it won't matter that I wont be home 'till late.

Food today has been a bit random due to late start - pasta n sauce for lunch, kiwi fruits and a shape yoghurt so far. Aiming to find a subway tonight for a salad, really hope we see one as it's always a nightmare eating out at gigs. Usually we end up at a MacDonalds and after my not so good day yesterday I really want a decent EE day to get me back on track. I won't be home 'till midnight ish so waiting 'till I get home to eat isn't an option. I love SW but eating out when you travel is such a nightmare, I'll take some of those breakfast biscuits just in case though... in future I'm following Soph's advice and getting some emergency HEXB cereal bars. I'm not a huge fan of the Alpen Bars but they beat being hungry or having to eat at maccys! Anyway, if worst comes to worst I'll get the maccys chicken salad with no dressing, there's no way I'm going off plan today!

Week 13, Day 6 - EE
Lunch - Batchelors Pasta n Sauce - Cheese & Broccoli with sprinkle of cheese (1/2 hexa)
Snack - 2 x kiwi fruits, shape yoghurt - 1 syn
Tea - Subway chicken teriaki salad (2.5 syns) with olives (2syns) and sweet onion dressing (2 syns) - 6.5 syns

Total - 7.5 syns

At least i've got 14 syns to play with for the rest of the day, really hope we see a subway so I can have a super low syn day. Right off to Leeds I go, hope everyone's had a great weekend!

Last edited:
McDs salad isnt too bad, wouldnt deny yourself all the dressing though! Or maybe go for a nandos or a kebab without the bread (5.5 syns for small/med chicken kebab, extra 7 for pitta, but sooo yum even without and can have lots of salad too!)
Hope you have fun at the gig! Glad that the Lincoln trip put you at ease about CW :)
I didnt like Alpen lights at first, I think the chocolate ones suck, but the apple and saltana one really grew on me! Or maybe pack a wholemeal roll sarnie next time? X

Happy Monday peeps!

I did well last night and managed to find a Subway to get my salad, resisted Maccy d's on the way home too! *feeling proud*

Today I've survived my first day on the phones working 11.45-19.45 - horrible shift but due to successful planning the food side of things went well. Glad I managed a nice red day before WI too.

Week 13, Day 7 - Red
Breakfast - 2 x kiwi fruits
Snack - apple and grapes
Lunch - Feta salad (hexa) with tomato, onion and olives - 2 syns
Tea - Bacon and egg sandwiches on wm bread (2 x hexb)
Snack - shape (1 syn) and 2 x babybel (hexa)

Total - 3 syns

Soph - I've only ever tried the chocolate Alpen, tempted to give some of the other flavours a try next time I see them but out of all the cereal bar hexb's I love the hi-fi bars! Need to stock up at group tomorrow. They've started with a Christmas pudding one which is bloody gorgeous, will have to get some in for my Christmas munchies!

---
Short day at work today (9-3) so just got back, tidied and getting ready to go out to the cinema later to see Gravity. Looking forward to my day off tomorrow although a busy-ish day planned of WI, uni work, dying my hair and driving up to Leeds (again!) to see Depeche Mode play at the arena.

Feeling hopeful for WI, pretty sure I'll have lost something as over this past week I've started physically feeling lighter again. Anything over 0.5lbs and I'm into fresh territory of being my lowest weight again for years! :)

Week 14, Day 1 - EE

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Feta salad (hexa) with lettuce, onions, tomato and olives - 2 syns
Snack - apple and grapes
Tea - Beef stir fry with noodles, mushrooms, oriental veg and plum sauce - 6 syns
Supper - shape - 1 syn

Total
- 9 syns

Hey Bev, just caught up on your antics, even though I'd been seeing your updates on Facey B :)

How was Gravity? It looks absolutely awesome. Looking forward to reading your WI results.

3.5lbs off today!! Feels great to see the scales moving in the right direction again. It's a good loss but I'm still feeling a bit blah as it's 11 days since my last weigh in so was really hoping to have smashed through the SW 2 stone marker by now, only 0.5lbs to go though so I'm determined to have it in the bag next week! I'm not going to complain about things though, I'm enjoying life more than ever and eating great, target will come in good time.

Back on the exercise wagon this week now I'm back to part time. I'm going straight from work tomorrow night for an hour of lane swimming. I'm sure I won't fancy it after an 8 hour shift but I think in the long run consistent exercise will hopefully speed up my losses. Having said that from experience I expect in the first few weeks it might slow things down a bit, we'll see!

I usually have a bit of a chilled day after WI when it comes to food and let myself indulge a little (only on-plan stuff but more that usual) - none of that today, I'm starting the week off with a red day! I'll probably be making up for it on Friday as having an evening in the pub with my friend where we'll be munching a carvery. Thankfully I'm driving so I'll be on the pop, at least it limits the syns a bit!

Well off to update my stats, only 0.5lbs 'till my 2 stone award and 5.5lbs 'till Club 10 - these next few weeks should be pretty exciting! Only 2 more weigh in's now 'till I'm off to Prague, really really hope I manage to stay on plan this time. Had an amazing time in Lanzarote but it's taken me a month to get to a lower weight than before I went away!

Emma - Gravity is incredible! My fave movie of the year so far, had to suspend my disbelief at some points but it's well worth a watch. The images or earth are absolutely awe inspiring!

Well done On a great loss :) next week that award is in the bag!! Nice to see you being positive and enjoying SW results showing well for you all the little targets and goals will be achieved your contribution to this diary and others is commendable you are an inspiration to so many I bet! On the cover one day I reckon ;)

Were well on our way :)

Thanks JMA, it's definitely in the bag next week, then onwards and downwards towards my SW 3st. Seems crazy to think that this February I was almost 25 stone! Not so sure about ending up on the cover, but you know what they say - aim big or go home! :D Congrats on your 3lb loss this week, I'll be popping over to your diary later to see how you've been getting on, but I'm sure you're doing fabulous! You're only 7.5lbs behind me now, I need to watch my back! ;)

---

I had a look at my shifts for next week and I'm working Mon/Tue/Wed 9-5 next week, so I'll be weighing in on Thursday. Pity I'm not off on the Wed really as I stayed to the new group today and met some lovely people, but I'll be able to see them the week after. Not sure of the times of the Thur groups near me but I'll have a look on the SW website later (not working at the minute).

As I'm off out tonight to yet another gig (I'm not loaded or anything, they've literally ALL fallen around the same time!) I'm going to update my food diary now for the day. I can always pop back later with any changes.

Week 14, Day 2 - Red

Breakfast -
2 x hi-fi bars (hexb)
Snack - 2 x kiwi fruits, banana
Lunch - cheese (hexa) and ham sandwich on wm bread (hexb) with little tomatoes
Tea - 2 egg omelette with cheese (hexa) and ham
Snack - muller

Total syns - 0

If I can actually manage this I'll have done the impossible A SYN FREE RED DAY! I'll be seriously proud of myself if I can manage that, but then again the plan says to eat between 5-15 syns a day, having too few I guess isnt 'on plan' either. For the amount of times I go over on syns I figure one day isn't going to hurt. Feels like an achievement and I've not deprived myself. I've worked out the calories at 990, so maybe a tad low. If I get hungry later though I can just let myself have something else. Want to nip to aldi later to pick up some more kiwi's, I've got pretty addicted over this last week or so!

Well done on the loss- 0.5 away from award, sooo close!

Did you stock up on hifi bars? :D whatever works for you- just keep 'em in your bag for when you are caught short!

I find it OK to have to odd syn free say- your mentality for it sounds right. The reason they dont encourage it is because some people get deprived and will go on a binge instead... That is all that syns are there for, helping us not go off track!
It also ismt bad to do low cal days- this 'fasting'/2:5 diet going around goes on about how healthy it is to fast (two 500cal days a week) and how it increases life span etc, so certainly isnt damaging to have some lower cal days than others! Dont feel you must pad your cals up for the sake of it if you dont need 'em. But definitely let youraelf have something if you do! :)

If I were you I'd save those syns today for a treat some other time when you crave something nice :D a desert?

Fab that you are getting back on the Swimming ball! Great for toning as you lose. Am feeling a bit.flabby these days now that my firmness has evaporated a bit so could do with some exercise too!

Well done Cheese Thief on you achievements so far. You have done so well. Since coming back from holiday you didn't allow yourself to get off track but got straight back on it, that's determination I wish I had at the moment. I just need to keep reading more diaries like yours to help me get back on track. I watched Gravity too recently, loved Sandra Bullock in the movie. I love going to the movies, but struggle with all those lovely food smells around me. Been thinking of smuggling in some low fat treats. Any ideas of what snacks to take to the cinema ? I noticed your not using too many syns, do you find it easy not to snack between meals, I struggle with that ?

Kay xx

Thanks for the msgs, I'll reply later as only got 5 mins.. decided I was in need of a treat today so tea was a chinese! Yumyum! I'll update properly at the weekend.

Week 14, Day 3 - EE

Breakfast - 2 x hi fi bar (hexb)
Snack - apple and grapes
Lunch - feta salad with olives - 2 syns
Tea - 1/2 pot of sweet and sour with 1/2 pot of egg rice - 15
Shape - 1 syn
Total - 18 syns

Another quicky update..

Week 14, Day 4 - EE
Breakfast - Breakfast biscuits - 5 syns
Lunch - Feta salad (hexa)with olives - 1.5 syns
Snack - apple
Dinner - turkey, gammon and beef sunday dinner with yorkshire (5 syns), gravy (2 syns), roasties (4 syns) and veggies (peas, onion and carrot) - 11 syns
Supper - hi-fi bar (hexb) - if i get hungry later

Total - 17.5 syns

Good job I managed that 0 syn day as been over for the last 2. Back on track with a low syn weekend though to make up for things...

so what exciting things have you got planned for the weekend????

I'm still here keeping up to date... I have my first meal out tonight since starting this diet and I'm going to relax and have what I want (within reason without bingeing). As I'm calorie counting I can have a lean day to make up for it. Good luck getting your 2stone this week :)

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I'm completely snowed under with work at the minute, got a coursework deadline coming up in just over a week and haven't even started it yet! Hope you'll forgive me if I've not had time to catch up with your diaries. Thankfully from Wed things will be a lot better as I'm off work for the next week, phew! Although I've been off this weekend I've literally been working hard to get caught up with my notes, getting there slowly but expect this coursework will be right to the deadline..

I'm the worst person ever under stress, I have chest pains sometimes when it gets too bad (don't worry, there's nothing wrong it's just panic) so I've been trying really hard to just get on with things and not freak out about the mountain of work ahead of me. I've been doing pretty well too, I haven't binged on any crap, and apart from that Chinese on Thursday I've been pretty good this weekend. If anything the problem has been more finding the time to eat, so I've had a pretty light low syn weekend all considered.

Week 14, Day 5 - EE
Breakfast - 2 x hi fi bars (hexb)
Lunch - 1 x bacon rasher, mouthful of mushrooms, mouthful of egg, mouthful of beans (seriously my bf made it me and was amazed how much I left! I was so stressed I didn't feel hungy! :/)
Tea - 4 spoonfuls of batchelors pasta n sauce :/
Evening snacks - 2 x kiwi fruits, 1 x babybel (hexa - only 1 left!), curlywurly - 5 syns
Total - 5 syns

At least my appetite came back by the evening, but still a really low calorie day - after 2 days of having chinese and then carvery it won't really hurt though!

So todays food...

Week 14, Day 6 - EE
Breakfast - chewy delight bar - hexb
2 x kiwi fruits
Lunch - Slow cooker casserole - chicken, onion, swede, carrot, peas, mushrooms, mash, gravy (2 syns), yorkshire pud mini( 3 syns ) - 5 syns
Tea - cheese (hexa) on wm bread (6 syns) - 6 syns
Total syns - 11 syns

The slow cooker was particularly slow today and despite planning on a lateish lunch of around 2pm we finally sat down at 4pm... it was absolutely gorgeous but it's had a knock on effect as it's now 7.30pm and I'm still not hungry... Sure i'll fancy something in an hour or so, I'll update tomorrow. (update - just getting cheese on toast, yum!)

All in all though a nice on plan weekend, I'm really in the 'zone' at the minute when it comes to SW, I just feel like everything is clicking and I can't wait to get on the scale this week. WI is on Thursday at the Dronfield group I went to before Lanzarote, I'll only stay for WI though due to all the work I've got on atm. Determined to get that 0.5lbs off so I can get my 2 stone award in the bag, it's soooo mine this week! :D

----
Soph - Yep all stocked up on my hi-fi bars, got some of those special K chewy delight ones too. I'm really picky with my cereal bars so it's nice to find some I actually like, means I've been eating my hexb's for a change!

I've heard good things about that 5:2 diet too, not sure I could eat under 500 calories 2 days a week though without feeling deprived. I love with SW how you can have lower calorie days and don't feel deprived because there's always something you can eat. It makes a big difference to me as when I was calorie counting (many moons ago) and hit the calorie limit for the day, as soon as I knew I couldn't eat any more I got extra hungry. With SW I probably have less calories but don't realise it because I have the option of more food if I want it. Strange how my mind works!

Oh and the swimming hasn't happened this week, * week came to town on WI day and put a spanner in the works. Determined to find time this week, I'm at home from Thursday so having a swim would give me a nice break from all that study. Hopefully it'll help my stress levels too so determined to go!

Kay - Thanks for the kind words, looking at your stats you are doing brilliantly! I really need to catch up with your diary, I'm so behind with all this uni work!

TBH I'm amazed I managed to get back on track from hols so well, in the past its been where I've fallen every single time and I was just determined not to mess everything up. Out of all the weight I've lost though, getting my holiday weight (only 2.5lbs) off has to have been the most frustrating part of my journey so far. I had an amazing holiday though and I'm over that hurdle now, but I'll be definitely aiming for a STS after my break in Prague.

I used to struggle with cinema snacks too, old Bev used to have a bag of chocolate or large popcorn and full fat coke! I'm not saying I'd never let myself have a treat like that again, I'm taking my parents to the cinema at xmas and probably will then (although it'll be a small popcorn and diet drink!) but most of the time when I go I manage without. Found these amazing low calorie bags of popcorn at M&S - strawberry and white chocolate is 5.5 syns - small but so yummy! Grapes work too, but I prefer them in the summer.

I've gotten pretty good when it comes to snacking in between meals. At work I always nip to Morrisons on the way to pick up my lunch and I buy a bag of apple and grapes for my mid morning break. As I'm having salad for lunch and usually my hexb for breakfast I find that I can get to tea time without really using many syns at all. Then I can either use them in my meal or a yoghurt or something for dessert. Even though I've got the syns left I find it hard to let myself have chocolate, I had a curlywurly the other day as a treat. I guess I'm still scared in a way that once I let myself have chocolate regularly from my syns allowance it'll be a slippery slope if you know what I mean...

Ugh, what a day! I've actually had such a bad day I don't feel able to even write about it or I might start blubbing again, so I'll give you the abridged version - I had a panic attack at work and was sent home. That doesn't really convey how horrible or scary it actually was, my chest was killing and I just felt like I couldn't breathe. It's completely caused by stress and being over worked. There's no way I should have taken on a job at 27 hours a week (and an hour driving each way, so 35hrs which is practically full time) when I've got such a huge uni course to get through and interviews for radiography to prepare for. I realised after my panic attack that I haven't had a single full day off resting since I got the job, I've just been constantly doing uni work and worrying about how little time I have to get things done. No wonder things got so bad. I'm going to stick at it for now but it's given me the push I need to stop being daft and look for a job on 15-20 hours a week.

Food wise had a decent day at least...

Week 14, Day 7 - EE
Breakfast - Special k chewy delight bars
Lunch - Morrisons salad - tuna sweetcorn and mayo (2 syns), beetroot, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, coleslaw (tiny bit so 2 syns) - 4 syns
Snack - Curlywurly - 6 syns
Tea - Slow cooker casserole - chicken, onion, swede, carrot, peas, mushrooms, mash, gravy (2 syns), yorkshire pud mini (3 syns) - 5 syns
Muller
Total - 15 syns

Back