From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Hi Cheese Thief

Hope you don't mind me joining in, I've been off the rails with Slimming World lately but reading your lovely diary has inspired me to get going again.
You have come so far and your progress pics are amazing, you can really see a massive difference!

Hope to become a regular on your diary as I give myself a kick to get going and hopefully manage to lose some weight along the way!
Claire

Soph - Aww bless ya Soph, that brought a tear to my eye. What a lovely thing to say! I was miserable back then, relationship wise and emotionally too. Even though I'd got down to a size 16 I felt still 'fat' and my self esteem was at rock bottom. Despite being nearly 25 stone at my heaviest this year I was happy. Although I might not be a skinnie minnie just yet I feel comfortable in my own skin and generally in a good place. Losing weight definitely isn't everything and I'd rather be 21st and have a long way to go rather than where I was at 18 and miserable.

Having said that you've completely hit the nail on the head about me being impatient as hell to get to goal. I feel more impatient now than I did at the beginning. I was prepared for it to take ages then, but now I've started seeing the benefits I just want to keep seeing more changes. It's great to know that a stone makes a visible significant difference though and before taking the progress pics I'd never have known that.

Re. BMI - in the grand scheme of things, what I actually look like, clothes sizes and how I feel matters much more to me than a silly BMI number. The fact a Kiera Knightly body can be considered remotely healthy by BMI standards is just messed up. But at the same time I'd love to not be classed as 'morbidly obese' or 'obese' any more, so it does matter to me. Getting under 40 BMI is a huge milestone, hopefully once I get there I'll be less hung up about BMI.

Claire - Hey nice to meet ya and thanks for the lovely comments. Glad you've enjoyed reading. I love the SW plan and once you've got back into it I'm sure you'll be on track in no time. Looks like you're already doing great from your stats, try not to beat yourself up for going off plan and just concentrate on getting back on track. I've gotta say it's great you're starting back now, so many people would jsut say sod it 'till after xmas and come back a stone or so heavier to the plan, so good on ya for not falling into that trap.

--

Just eaten the most amazing bacon pasta bake - only 5 syns too and it felt like a real cheesy, creamy treat! Yumyum!

A lovely evening planned now chilling in front of the telly with the kitties. Watching Anchorman later before the sequel comes out at the cinema next month. Have a nice night guys x

I love Anchorman!! 60% of the time it works... Every time. Hehe!

I think it is fantastic that you sre noticing changes already! You should take a monthly progress pic to compare! Wish I had though to do somethig like that earlier- I really didnt notice any differences until my 4st award really!
You'll get such a boost from NSVs as they come- they really mean more than the numbers. Can you imagine how much slimmer you'll be by summer? You'll have to buy a new wardrobe for the good weather :D
I am excited to watch your journey further unfold. This time next year with your course and such- it is all looking so exciting for you! :)
X

P.s. What was in the bacony cheesy pasta bake? Was it homemade? Sounds so good! X

Soph - Well Chris made the pasta bake, but I checked the sauce he used and it was a tomato Homepride one with 20 syns for the whole jar, so 5 per portion. Then he added to the pasta halved little tomatoes, onions, mexican cheese and finally at the end mixed chopped up bacon (all fat removed). Pretty simple to make but it was completely gorgeous! Won't be having it all the time as calorie wise I reckon it's fairly high, but I love home cooked stuff like this in the winter.

I'm finding it a lot harder to have my salads now as just not fancying them like I did a month or two ago. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy them once I eat them, but going to have to find some healthy winter recipes too I think. Just some simple low syn soups would be nice, I'll have to have a look round for some more ideas.

It's crazy how we all notice weight loss at such different rates, must have been so disheartening to have to lose 4 stone before noticing the changes, maybe it's because you're taller. I bet even half a stone loss on a 4ft 10 person is really apparent. And yep some amazing stuff coming up this next year, weight wise and career wise I've never had such an exciting time, feel so lucky to have the chance to go back to uni again. Speaking of which I really need to crack on with this coursework...

The bake sounds yum- I remember those sauces, one of them I would just eat out of the jar- so yummy cold haha!
I wouldnt worry too much about the calories... As you said, your BMR is high, and it is good to keep your metabolism on its toes with high and low cal days! My BMR was high to start with but it is like 1300 now *cry* lol

Totally know what you mean about salads this time of year... Soup is the way to go! I just throw veg in a pan, cover with water and season in various ways until I like it usually!
Am feeling too lazy to be that good these days, I think it is the brewing winter- I just want to stuff myself! But it is that same feeling of not fancying it but then I enjoy it once ai do consume it!

I think part of the reason I didnt see change until 4st was that I wasnt allowing myself to go clothes shopping and my clothes were all stretchy anyway so still seemed to fit. I treated myself to some new summer clothes and was suddenly shocked to fit in some 16s and that 20s were massive! Then after the summer I really realised the difference in my old leggings being so baggy and in photos I could see a difference! Couldnt over the summer!
I think there was about half a stone off between not noticing and noticing though amd suddenly everyone was telling me they could see a big difference, which until 4.5st off no-one did really! Weird, huh? Probably the height indeed.
X

Soph - I had the same thing with my loss, people didn't start commenting until after 2.5 st, that's around the point I started noticing things too. Now every time I go to Chris's Mums she says she can notice a change, not sure whether she's saying that to be nice or if it's really that much more noticeable now. Chris said before my last WI that he could really tell I'd lost that week, at least I don't feel any more like I'm working my ass off without any difference.

1300 BMR - OMG! I'm lucky mine is still so high atm. I guess though you're pretty much a 'normal' weight now though so it's not like you've got lots to lose. I cant even imagine being at the point you're at right now, hope you're enjoying all the benefits and feeling fabby! xx
--

Well amazingly managed to finish my first draft for the coursework essay in under 2 hours, I must have understood it better than I thought. As I've got Mon and Tue to write it all up I'm going to make the most of my productivity and spend some time with Chris before he's back at work tomorrow. Just checked the cinema times and the new Thor movie is on in a couple of hours, can't wait for a full 2 hours of perving on Chris Hemsworth! :D

We bought a Morrisons 'bistro' Shepherds pie from the the reduced section yesterday, so will be having that when we get home with peas and gravy. Just had a look at syns online and it's 8 bloody syns! Ah well, not the end of the world as calories wise it's 380. I was just looking forward to having a Curlywurly, lets see if I've got enough syns left..

Week 15, Day 6 - EE
Breakfast - Chewy delight - hexb
Lunch - Tuna nicoise salad with lettuce, boiled egg, tomato, low fat dressing, new potato and olives - 2 syns
Snack - muller
Tea - Morrisons Bistro Shepherds pie (8 syns) with peas and gravy (3 syns) - 11 syns
Supper - 2 x babybel and 2 x kiwi
Total syns - 13

Calories wise it all works out at 1180 cals, so despite the fact I've used 13 syns up it's a pretty good day. No room for my choccy though. Even though I count calories a lot of the time I still try to stick to the plan wherever I can. Chocolate is nowhere near as filling as some of the free food I could have, so if I'm hungry I'll get some more fruit and save the choc for a day where I have the syns left.

Really looking forward to WI this week, some weeks I barely think about it 'till the day is here, but after that amazing loss last week I'm uber curious to see what happens on Tuesday. I'm honestly not expecting much but I've pretty much been 100% on plan all week (except my meal out where I saved the syns from the previous day). Fingers crossed for a decent loss. I won't be able to weigh in after that for 2 weeks so I'm hoping losing a couple of pounds would put the 20's within my sights after Prague if I'm good. I can't think of a bigger incentive to stay on track than that.

Ooh good luck with WI! Will be interesting indeed but at least you know why if it isnt great- body in shock from that whopping 5lbs off!

Congrats on doing your draft essay! Yeehawww!

Yeah, I totally question my family saying they can tell I have lost all the time :p it's like "dude... I've only lost 2lbs since I saw you two weeks ago..." haha. To be honest, I didnt see my family really between winter and summer last year so suddenly they saw me -4st and are still in shock I think!

Bet you are excited for Prague :) will be so nice and Christmassy there!! X

Soph - Wow, no wonder your fam are still in shock! Imagine that! Bet it was such a fab feeling to see them all again and know how amazing you look! :) I guess it's not the difference in 2lbs or so they can notice, I bet they just still remember the old Soph and are continually amazed every time they see you!

I still can't believe I'm off to Prague in a week, guess it's because I'm still so focussed on getting this c/w out of the way with, soon as that's done I'll be able to get into the holiday spirit a bit more! Had a look at the long range forecast yesterday and on the last 2 days of our trip its meant to snow, can't wait!! Bought some new boots today so I'm now all ready clothing wise. Also had a look in my old wardrobe at my Mums this afternoon and found some jumpers and long sleeved tops that now fit again. Also found some trousers in a size 22 which amazingly fit, albeit tightly. Not what I'd be willing to wear out and about just yet, but in another half a stone hopefully they'll be good to go!

Shepherds pie for tea was yummy, just off to get my kiwi's and babybel and then settle down for a movie. Hope everyone's had a good weekend xx

Prague is going to be sooo beautiful! Especially if it snows! What do you have planned for the trip? Or are you just going to play it by ear? Get yourself in holiday spirit to help you power through the CW! :D
Haha yeah, I just kinda want my family to forget the 'old me' now :rolleyes:

How fab that the 22's are fitting!! I swear you carry weight so well for a pear shape- I dont think I was a 22 bum until around 18st! Lucky girl :D I guess your boobs probably hold a quite a bit more than my non existent ones- bet that'll help you be slimmer quicker than others too :D

Worst nights sleep EVER last night as I had bad stomach ache, possibly caused by a reduced shepherds pie from Morrisons that we had a day out of date... Chris didn't have any problems though and it tasted yummy, so might just be my IBS playing up. I've never actually been diagnosed with IBS but before SW had a lot of stomach trouble with those kind of symptoms (I'll not go into icky detail). It's been loads loads better since changing my diet, obviously my body was just being fed utter rubbish before so I don't even blame it for acting up. Just another advantage to eating healthier!

Anyway didn't get up 'till 11am today and I still feel shattered. Just had a yummy breakfast of salmon and Dill Philly with chopped little tomatoes on an onion bagel - gorgeous and completely worth 11.5 syns! As it's the day before WI I'm going for a red day today with salad for tea probably. In this cold weather I don't really fancy salad that much though but off to Chris's parents tonight and they'll all be eating fish n' chips. I could always go for a fish (batter off) and mushy peas but I think the salt content will cause me to retain water like crazy. With my pre-holiday WI tomorrow I want to shift as much poundage as I can! Now I've started seeing some changes I find myself craving more results. Getting under 20 stone will be a massive achievement for me, it honestly can't soon enough - with Christmas and Prague before then though I doubt there's any danger of that happening! :D

Right I've really got to motor on with this coursework now, I haven't even started writing my essay up yet from my rough draft and I'm off out in 4 hours. At least tomorrow I have absolutely no plans whatsoever apart from group at 10am, so can come back with no interruptions and finish off my essay. Good job really, the deadline is Wednesday! Determined to be more organised with the next one, hopefully I won't be working too many hours by then so I'll have time to get things done when I'm actually meant to rather than leaving them all to the last minute...

^^^ Okay, literally as I was writing this sentence about how I'll have time to do it tomorrow, I got a phone call from Sky inviting me to an interview tomorrow for a part time job! Had to tell them I couldn't make it as I literally have NO clothes to wear for a formal interview and no way I'd be able to leave off the coursework. Anyway the Gods were kind and they can also fit me in on Thursday - leaving me with tomorrow to finish off my essay in full, Wed to find an outfit and prepare and Thurs to go to the assessment. The hours seem pretty good too as it's 9am-1pm over 5 days, giving me plenty of time to get all my work done in the afternoon, plus it's just down the road from me so easy to get to. Again it's call centre stuff but I've heard Sky is a good place to work compared to other call centres and they give you free Sky TV and broadband! :) Sounds like they really give applicants a grilling though, I've already had a phone interview and there's the assessment on Thur and then another interview if I get through that stage! Bloody hell! x

Prague is going to be sooo beautiful! Especially if it snows! What do you have planned for the trip? Or are you just going to play it by ear? Get yourself in holiday spirit to help you power through the CW! :D
Haha yeah, I just kinda want my family to forget the 'old me' now :rolleyes:

How fab that the 22's are fitting!! I swear you carry weight so well for a pear shape- I dont think I was a 22 bum until around 18st! Lucky girl :D I guess your boobs probably hold a quite a bit more than my non existent ones- bet that'll help you be slimmer quicker than others too :D

If it snows it'll be amazing, especially with the Christmas lights and market in the big main square. Plans wise we're going to do the obvious tour of the sights in Prague as neither of us have been before, so Charles bridge, the massive castle on the hill, hopefully a boat trip on the river and Christmas markets in Wenceslas square. As for other trips we both really fancy going to Cesky Krumlov, which is the quaint little town where they filmed Hostel. Not sure whether that'll happen though as it's a 3hr coach trip each way, I guess we can see how we feel and decide nearer the time, at lot will depend on the weather as I wouldn't want to do that journey in bad snow. I'd quite like to see Terezin concentration camp too, but I really don't think Mel is too bothered. As we're only visiting from Mon - Fri it's probably best to concentrate on the stuff in Prague itself, can always come again in the summer in the future and do more of the outdoorsy stuff.

To be fair I think 'officially' I'm still a 24, those trousers are definitely on the large side, but it gave me a great boost to get into them again. I reckon my boobs must be about a stone each or something, I really think they are probably why I don't look as big for my weight, hopefully I'll stay in proportion as I slim down! *fingers crossed*

Right now I seriously need to log off mini's and get some work done or I'll be a super stress head tomorrow! I'm really going for a gold medal in procrastination today... :rolleyes:

Enjoy Prague! Where are you staying? We went last year for the Christmas markets. If you want somewhere fairly cheap but lovely that does scrumptious food then try U Tri Ruzi (The Three Roses) The brewery and restaurant U T - soooo scrummy! The photos on the menu page don't do the place justice at all. My OH had the knuckle of pork and he could have eaten for a week. And if you fancy going off piste with SW, try the traditional trdelnik/trdlo (don't ask me how you pronounce that) which is basically a tube of doughnut and is even better if you can get it with nutella spread round the inside...

Attachments

• IMG_1969.JPG
    IMG_1969.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 66
Best of luck on your weigh in and hope you have a great trip to prague your doing great wont be long till your in the teens haha

I am however trying to catch you hehe

OMG OMG OMG!!! I'll reply to peeps later but just I had a serious NSV moment! Just getting dressed to go out and saw a dress at the back of my wardrobe. I've not worn it since Feb when I saw a particularly awful picture of me in it that was the pre-curser for starting to lose weight. It's a stretchy fabric so thought I could get away with it, but after seeing this shot, apparently not, I needed to wear another top under it and even then it barely covered my bum. Well I tried it on today and it was amazing! So nice not having to stretch it to death to get in it anymore... Sorry for being a total poser with all the pics, but I had to share! Look at my thighs in the first one, OMG! I can't believe it's the same dress, it was so loose on the waist I had to tuck it in at the back into the bottom of my bra, you can't really tell with the sash tied at the back though. Feel like a million dollars at the minute, can't wait to show Chris when he gets in. Can't believe I feel like I'm getting there at 21st with 9st to go!! :eek:

dressbefore.jpgomgitfitssss.jpg

Thanks guys, just can't believe the difference. I swear every day lately I notice something new and it's an incredible feeling :)

Lyrically - We're staying at the Best Western Billa Libut, looks a decent location as only a ten minute walk away from the main central area. That menu looked fab, very hearty warming foods and decent prices too (if my krona to pound calculations are correct!). Will keep an eye out for it when we're exploring the city! The donut thing sounds yummy, I'm definitely gonna be trying the specialities and things even if they are a bit naughty it's a holiday afterall!

JMA - Haha, I'll try and pull a decent number tomorrow then so I can keep you at bay while I'm on hols ;) We'll both be in the teens soon at this rate, can't wait!

---

Week 15, Day 7 - Red

Breakfast - Onion bagel with dill and salmon philly (hexa) and tomatoes- 11.5 syns
Lunch - chewy delight (hexb) - didn't have breakfast 'till 11.30am so didn't want much else!
Tea - Feta salad with tomato, onion, low fat dressing and olives - 2 syns
Snack - Melon and roast chicken fridge raiders - 2 syns
Total - 15.5 syns

Weigh in tomorrow at 10am, not sure what to expect after the massive 5.5lb loss last week. I've been amazingly good this week and calories wise I should definitely have lost something, but you know what our bodies can be like at times!! I do feel lighter though so we'll just have to see what the scale Gods have in store. Only a 2lb loss 'till I get my sw 2.5 stone and my 3.5 stone total loss, that'd be an amazing achievement to go on holiday with so I'm crossing my fingers! xx

You look AWESOME! WOW! :D jeeze you hold your weight so well- tiny waist, boobs look amazing (sorry for going on about them LOL am jelous! :D ) your face looks slimmer too... you look fantastic!! You look so much slimmer than I did even at 20st, you're going to be feeling skinny by 18st I bet! X

Back