From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Hey guys, thanks for all the lovely messages! Getting into uni is absolutely massive for me, definitely an early Christmas present!

Weigh in went surprisingly well today and I came out with a totally unexpected 2.5lbs loss!! Fantastic news and I couldn't be happier. Not bad for my first WI in 3 weeks after Prague and all the interview stress - I'd honestly prepared myself for a gain! Looking back I know I didn't eat too badly, but whenever I don't stick 100% to plan I never expect to lose. If I can just maintain that 2.5lb loss for December now I'll be a very happy lady - these next 2 weeks are all about STS!

Perhaps the best thing about my 2.5lb loss this week is that I'm now an official member of the half century club with 51.5lbs lost since Feb!
:)

What a fantastic week! All I need now is to hear from the Sky job... *fingers crossed*

WOOOO!
Well done on your uni place! :)

& your good loss too! Keep going and imagine how slim you're going to be for freshers! :D

Thanks Lishaa, I know I was just thinking about that. Uni doesn't start 'til end of Sept, giving me nearly 9 more months before then! An average loss of 7lbs a month would mean I'd be in the 16's by then. I'd feel like a different person! :eek:

Its beginning to sink in how much losing weight is helping to change my life. Like Rae mentioned, I think it's given me a huge confidence boost and maybe that in the end helped me to get a uni place. Don't get me wrong I was nervous for my interview, but I knew I'd done all I could possibly do and I wanted to get on the course so much that the admissions people must have seen some of that determination shine through. When I was 25 stone I'd have been more worried about whether I'd fit in the chair than what questions they'd ask me - no lie!

I've still a hell of a long way to go 'till I get to target, or even the 'overweight' range for that matter, but I know I'm going to do it. Yeah, there'll be ups and downs, but at the end of the day that's life! Christmas will be tough weight loss wise, but I'll have a bloody awesome time so it doesn't really matter. Jan will come and I'll be straight back on plan.

My NY's resolution is to get back on the exercise wagon and really start working on my fitness. I feel like the beginning of my journey is over and I'm about to start the long slog to the finish line! :)

Wow...what a great week your having...gettin into uni, a 2.5 loss....These things happen in threes so theres no doubt in my mind that you'll get the sky job :)

Well done, you should be proud of yourself xx

Great result !!! well done and great news on the uni front things really picking up for you I feel same as you in terms of increased confidence after losing weight a lot of things now starting to fall into place and I am very happy with where I am at moment been a great journey since May long may our success and others continue :)

You should be very proud your an inspiration and I know you will get to where you want too :)

Thanks guys! I've just had a lovely morning sat in front of the fire with Christmas music blasting out, catching up on all your diaries! It's nice to know it's not just me finding it tough at this time of the year, but also everyone seems to be doing so well at going off plan but not completely blowing it. Can definitely see SW has changed our eating habits for the better!

More good news this morning - I got the Sky job! Doesn't start 'til Feb 6th but I honestly can't wait. I'll be working 9am-1pm, 5 days a week in the centre of Sheffield, right next to an Olympic sized swimming pool! It's only 'til uni (thankfully the NHS pay me to study then) but it'll be loads better for me as it's 20 hours instead of 27, but pays the SAME money, takes an hour a day off my travelling time AND I'll have the afternoons free to exercise and do my Open Uni course! The best thing about this news is that I can hand my notice in at my current job and leave for Christmas. Amazingly out of 10 people who started with me in October, only 2 still work there, which shows you what kind of a place it is!

I'm not going to be lazing around during my 'free' month, I've got a huge coursework due for 20th of January (that I haven't had time to start yet) and a really important interview at my first choice uni (Sheffield Hallam), so I'll now have the time to make sure I do a good piece of coursework and get fully prepared for my uni interview. Plus I'll have the time to start 2014 off with a brand new exercise schedule, I'll be pretty broke 'til I get paid from my new job, but can still go on some lovely walks. I live really close to the peak district, so I've no excuse not to make the most of it, so long as I get well wrapped up! There's also a new Zumba class starting near me that a few of the SW ladies are going to, think I'll give that a go too!

We were meant to be going to Scotland in Feb but with me starting a new job that's no longer going to be possible as it'd be slap band in the middle of my training, so we're going to see if we can swap it for an earlier tour at the end of January (leaving 27th). Need to ring up later and check...

Finally feels like everything is falling together in place. It's great to know all the hard work I've been putting in to change my life around is finally working. I'll be starting 2014 with a new job, new career and new body! :eek: It's not all plain sailing though, work have messed up my payslip this month, giving me a grand total of £75 to pay all my outgoings! I'm fuming at the minute, but they are looking into it and will hopefully get it all sorted and another payment into my bank account before things go out. Still stressful though and not what you want at Christmas time when you need to buy the last minute bits and bats! I always try and take the positives from everything, so I just keep thinking now I've got my place at Leeds money worries will be a thing of the past soon. It's so encouraging to know in 8 months time I'll be studying for a career I love and when I graduate we'll finally be able to save and buy a house of our own :)

Anyway, back to the present! Yesterdays loss gave me a huge boost, I'd been feeling pretty 'meh' about my progress this month, so it's nice to know I've lost something! I'd love to manage another pound this week just so I can make the 20's, though in all likelihood it'll be a miracle if I STS with all the meals out etc I've got planned. There are some days where I can stay on plan though - today I've got nothing on except work later, so will be having a yummy SW day. Friday I'll be 'good' in the day and just having tea out, and Sunday and Monday I can stay on plan too. So that's still 3.5 days out of 7 where I'll be food optimising! I've also offered to drive on Saturday, so I won't be drinking, that's got to save me a fair few calories! I figure SW 50% of the week has got to be better than nothing, so we'll just have to wait and see how I do. The days I am on plan I'm going to do 100% and have very few syns to make up for the days I'm not counting.

Week 19 - Day 2 - green
Breakfast - 2 x rocky road hi-fi bars - hexb
Lunch - feta salad (hexa) with onion, tomatoes, olives (1.5 syns) and ff dressing - 1.5 syns
Snacks - muller and fruit
Tea - Pasta with tomato sauce mix - 5 syns
Total - 6.5 syns

^ That's the plan for the day anyway. A yummy green day! Very much looking forward to it after having Indian last night, although that said I ate well the rest of the day at least! Going to stop being so lazy with my food diary and get back to updating every day again, even the days I'm out. I won't count the syns for meals out, but at least I'll have a record of what I've eaten.

Right, I'm heading off to the shops now to get that salad. Have a great day and hope everyone is starting to get into the Christmas spirit! xx

Massive well done for everything you're doing to turn life around and your always positive attitude. Sounds like one of those times when things just click. :)
Hope I'll be joining you with the new career some time in the next year - in some ways I feel like addressing the way I rely on food has shown up unhappiness in other areas of life.

Gwella - Life's too short to spend the rest of your working life doing something you don't love. I wish you every success in finding something that makes you happy career wise. I know there's still a long way to go before I'm a radiographer, but just knowing I'm setting off down a path to something I love has made me feel loads happier!

The only thing now is that I'm so excited about uni I can't wait for September, refuse to let myself wish away the best part of a year though! :rolleyes:

--

Well * week came to town today. I'm actually quite pleased as it means yesterday for WI I'd have been quite bloated and retaining water, so you never know I might get a decent loss next week after all. The weeks I've had the big losses (4lbs and 5.5lbs) have all been the week after * week, so I'm really hoping even if I'm not 100% on plan I might manage a slight loss. It'd be a dream come true to get into the 20's for Christmas!

Really enjoying having a day on plan, salad was yummy and I've been eating loads of fruit this afternoon (apples and grapes). Chris is just about to make the pasta and then settling down to a Christmas movie. Work still haven't sorted out the payslip problem, I got to hand in my notice though which felt pretty good! x

I'm sure you will manage to get into the 20's for Christmas...... I'll send you some good vibes just to make sure :vibes:

Thanks princess! It'd be fantastic if I managed it so fingers crossed!

Can't sleep at the moment, feel all achey and bloaty from TOTM so i've been laid in bed reading through mini's on my phone.

I was just thinking how much I love my group. After the holiday and not weighing in on the week of my interviews I was feeling a bit out of the SW mentality. Treats were sneaking back in and I wasn't logging my food. Then after going back to group I feel so focussed again and back in the sw zone, exactly what I needed the week before xmas to keep me on track.

Sounds really sad but I was actually kinda glad when my friend called me earlier to say she couldnt make lunch tomorrow. Of course its a shame I wont see her til new year, but its another day I can manage on plan. So i'll be food optimising 4.5 days this week now :)

I'm really eager to see the back of the 21's, just want that 2 before my weight gone for good now. Ive been plugging away at this weight loss for what seems like ages, so i really cant wait to have a weight i can be proud of! Sounds daft, but to me even getting to the 19s would seem like an incredible achievement! Only 15lbs away now though, hopefully sometime in Feb i can say a fond farewell to that nasty old 2 forever!!

It's kind of annoying feeling this focused again just before xmas, i know i know, im never happy! With it being xmas I want to be able to let go a little, but now im back in the zone im going to find that hard i think. Losing weight is one of the most important thongs in my life at the moment, but I still want a yummy Christmas. Wish at Christmas chocolate became superfree, that'd solve all our problems!

Right im going to try and get some more sleep. Aiming for a red day tomorrow, determined to do all I can this week! X

Thanks princess! It'd be fantastic if I managed it so fingers crossed!

Can't sleep at the moment, feel all achey and bloaty from TOTM so i've been laid in bed reading through mini's on my phone.

I was just thinking how much I love my group. After the holiday and not weighing in on the week of my interviews I was feeling a bit out of the SW mentality. Treats were sneaking back in and I wasn't logging my food. Then after going back to group I feel so focussed again and back in the sw zone, exactly what I needed the week before xmas to keep me on track.

Sounds really sad but I was actually kinda glad when my friend called me earlier to say she couldnt make lunch tomorrow. Of course its a shame I wont see her til new year, but its another day I can manage on plan. So i'll be food optimising 4.5 days this week now :)

I'm really eager to see the back of the 21's, just want that 2 before my weight gone for good now. Ive been plugging away at this weight loss for what seems like ages, so i really cant wait to have a weight i can be proud of! Sounds daft, but to me even getting to the 19s would seem like an incredible achievement! Only 15lbs away now though, hopefully sometime in Feb i can say a fond farewell to that nasty old 2 forever!!

It's kind of annoying feeling this focused again just before xmas, i know i know, im never happy! With it being xmas I want to be able to let go a little, but now im back in the zone im going to find that hard i think. Losing weight is one of the most important thongs in my life at the moment, but I still want a yummy Christmas. Wish at Christmas chocolate became superfree, that'd solve all our problems!

Right im going to try and get some more sleep. Aiming for a red day tomorrow, determined to do all I can this week! X

Here is you kicking that 2's butt in the new year ..... :asskick:xx

. Losing weight is one of the most important thongs in my life at the moment, but I still want a yummy Christmas.

So nice to be on here with people who feel the same! Sometimes I end up being almost embarrassed to be on a diet, but I know my health and self confidence absolutely require it. I too am looking forward to Christmas but also feeling a bit mixed about it as I just want to get on with getting to target asap!

So nice to be on here with people who feel the same! Sometimes I end up being almost embarrassed to be on a diet, but I know my health and self confidence absolutely require it. I too am looking forward to Christmas but also feeling a bit mixed about it as I just want to get on with getting to target asap!

Yep, I know how you feel. Most of the time people in my life are really understanding about losing weight and making healthy choices, but when it comes to Christmas everyone seems to go on a mad food bender! I've got a Christmas meal with 5 of my friends this weekend and although I can't wait to see them I'll feel like I 'have' to go for starter and dessert just because everyone else is! I was really glad when I spoke to my friend Nikki (who lost 5 stones last year and is maintaining) and she was relived someone felt to same. So now we're going to share a starter and both opt out of dessert if we don't fancy one.

I honestly think the reason people are bothered by it is because it makes them question all the crap they eat, so rather than being able to eat with abandon they actually feel more self conscious about what they have. Still, that's no reason we should sabotage our diets! In my experience my size 8/10 friends don't give a hoot what I eat, it's always the bigger ladies. Maybe that's a bit of a generalisation, but it's what I've found from my own experience.

Getting this weight off is definitely the most important thing in my life right now, but I still want to have a fab Christmas and for me that means having a lovely time with my family and not worrying about food. Hopefully the 4 days off won't have too much of a detrimental effect, I'm even considering doing success express the rest of the week to compensate for those days, but I'll just see how I feel. I don't plan on going off the rails at xmas, just having a few too many drinks, a bit of chocolate and the odd mince pie. It certainly won't be an all day food fest like it used to be!

---

I'm updating my food diary early today as setting off to pictures in an hour or so and getting food on the way. Chris has finally broke up for Christmas and is off for the next 13 days! Will be lovely to spend some quality time together. Tonight we're taking his lovely Mum and auntie to see It's A Wonderful Life at the pics, it's my fave Christmas move so really looking forward to it!

Star week is well and truely in town so been dosing myself up on co-codemol and sleeping a lot! Have hardly eaten yet today due to stomach cramps but now the drugs are kicking in I'm looking forward to my Subway salad for tea!

Week 19, Day 4 - Red
Lunch - Jacket potato (hexb), tuna, light mayo - 3 syns
Pepsi - 7 syns :rolleyes: (opened wrong can! I have Max, Chris has full fat! Was a nice treat for a change though)
Tea - Chicken Subway salad with sweetcorn, onion, olives (2 syns), sweet onion dresssing (3 syns), cucumber, peppers, cheese (hexa)- 5 syns
Total - 15 syns

Omg my old dress is hanging off me now!

3st9.5lbsprogress.jpg3st9.5lbsprogress2.jpg

EDITED - so these pics are the right way up!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131219_170223.png
    ForumRunner_20131219_170223.png
    454.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
My old trousers- wow!

ForumRunner_20131219_171553.png

Back