From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Congratulations! Hope you'll have a long happy life together.
I'm sure the thought of it alone is enough (extra!) motivation at the moment but you could always look up a few dresses when you're getting close to target to inspire you even more for those last few stone. :)

Aww thanks guys! Ooh and Gwella, I'm already looking at the pretty dresses online! Definitely a great motivation for me to do this. I really love the strapless ones so that's already made me think about finding my mini dumbels out, need to start work on getting my arms toned up as there's no way I'm having bingo wings on my wedding day! :D Saw some of the huge plus sized dresses and they just made me feel sad. No-one wants to wear one of those dresses, it should be the best day of a girls life.

Had a really stressful day sorting out some legal stuff with Chris's Dad, as I've got a law degree for my sins (first degree when I didn't have a CLUE what I wanted to do career wise) I've been dealing with the solicitors on his behalf. Not getting into it all here but it should all hopefully be OK. It's so horrible seeing how bad his Dad's MS has really got and C was pretty upset today. It's only going to get worse too as the condition is degenerative... :(

Anyway, on to happier things! Had a solid on plan day today which was nice. Took the tree down and getting in the mood for new year now. Started looking at all the things I need to do for my coursework in Jan, gonna try and get started with some work tomorrow afternoon. Determined 2014 is going to be amazing so may as well start with the hard graft sooner rather than later!

Week 20, Day 7 - EE
Breakfast - Chewy delight - hexb
Lunch - Subway chicken salad with olives, onions, sweetcorn, tomato, gherkin, cucumber and sweet onion sauce - 5 syns
1 x choc - 2 syns
Tea - Jacket potato with cheese (hexa) and beans
Supper - muller
Total - 7 syns

Instead of going out drinking on NYE this year we've decided to have a nice quiet night in. I am having a flexi-syn tea tomorrow as we're getting a scrummy meal from M&S, but won't be drinking, which is where the majority of syns would have been. NYE is the last of my 'off' plan days right up until Chris's birthday at the end of Feb. So can get 9 weeks of solid SW amazingness under my belt before then! Would be great to make it to the 19's!

Ughhh, it's WI tomorrow! Not looking forward to it one bit. I still feel kinda bloated from Christmas and after seeing people gaining 5/6/7, even 10lbs this week on other threads I hope I won't be joining them! Really want to get it over and done with now so soon as I'm up in the morning i'm off to group and getting it out of the way with! I'll report the damage when I get home!

Good luck for WI what time do you go? Let us know how you get on! I usually weigh at work and not there til Thursday but home scales look a few lbs up at least! Done LOADS of exercise though and hoping once I get back on plan on Thursday I'll get a decent loss next week :) staying positive I'm easily over 2 stone lighter than on October 7th so it's all good!

I might have to renew my vows when I can have a skinny dress lol! I promise you one thing though, whatever your size you will feel like a princess on your wedding day xx

Wedding dresses has to be the ultimate motivation for getting those dumbells out! You'd be surprised how simple exercises can trim off the inches. When I was doing my 'arms workout routine' I lost an inch offe each of my arms and 2 inches off waist anf thighs from just 14 x 7 minute strength sessions in a month!! I did 20 feeble ladies press ups a day (10 at a time and had to build up to then from wall press ups as I couldnt do them!), 40 chair dips and 30 sec plank (usually in two 15 sec attempts) and it was amazing to see how they werent really a struggle towards the end of that month! Sadly my dodgy knee got to painful to do them, but felt so rewarding to see the results so fast from barely any effort really! Press ups are insanely good for tightening waist and all around really!

Hope WI wasnt too bad! The bloating wont last long anyway so if you are still feeling it the scales will probably show extra stuff that will be off in a few days once you've flushed it out with lots of fluids. X

HOLY CR*P!!!! Just got back from group and I've LOST A POUND ON CHRISTMAS WEEK!!! This probably has to go down as the most undeserved loss in the history of Slimming World, but right now I don't even care - can't stop smiling! SOOOOO glad I'm still in the 20's and not starting 2014 back in the 21's. Also according to the graph on the SW site if I carry on with my current progress I'll be in the 19's in 5 weeks at the beginning of Feb!

In fairness I was completely prepared for a gain. Looking back though I only really had xmas eve and boxing day really off plan, didn't actually eat that much on xmas day as had a dodgy stomach. Either way it was completely unexpected and it really was undeserved. I guess it make up for that week I stuck on plan 100% and lost half a pound! :D

It's made me feel loads better about having my flexi-syn tea tonight too. I know now if I have the next 6 days on plan I can still hope for a decent loss next week. Only 0.5lbs to go to my SW 3 stone award, determined to get that in the bag next week!

Can't believe I've managed to lose 6.5lbs in DECEMBER!! Seriously would have been pleased to not put on this month what with Prague and Christmas! Wow!

A pound off! Check you out!!! Goes to show doesn't it.

(I'm new to posting in this thread but have been subscribed for a couple of weeks.)

Congrats on getting engaged by the way. Wedding dress shopping is sooo much fun! More fun than I thought it would be anyway. I don't really do girly things but I got a few of my friends to come with me and we had a proper girly outing. I did it at about 16st & size 20/22 and there was still a lot of choice for chubby chicks, in fact I ended up with my dream dress. You'll be much slimmer than that though by the time you do it!

Sounds like 2014 is already shaping up well for you. :)

That's awesome. Well done. I hope I can do as well as you have roughly about the same amount to lose as you when you started SW. Would love to be between 4-6 stone lighter this time next year xx

Sent from my Galaxy S4

yay!! :D

told you it might be better than you thought ;) xx

I was so excited post-WI I forgot to reply to people! :rolleyes: Before I do though just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone reading this a fantastic New Year. Whether you're so far along your journey or starting afresh the new year is a fantastic time to re-evaluate things and work towards a newer happier you. All the best and hope you have a great night!

--

MrsGinger - You're completely right, it shouldn't be about weight or size, just spending the rest of your life with the person you love and making that commitment to each other. I'm not gonna lie though, it'd be amazing to be able to choose a dress I want to wear, rather than just getting any old thing that fits.

You've done fantastic in such a short space of time so you must feel amazing, just put any gain behind you and move on!

Soph - Such a shame about your knee, hope they manage to spot on the MRI what's wrong so you can get it sorted this year. Must be such a pain when you're getting to the stage of weight loss where you must really want to tone up.

I remember reading a bingo wing challenge on here a while back. Think I'm going to do something like that. Will have a look later as 1st Jan would be a good time to start. I've still got some fat on my upper arms to lose but I'm sure getting toned underneath will help in the long run. Luckily my arms aren't huge when you compare them to the size of my thighs, so hopefully I won't be left with too much sag! How have you found it? x

Em - Thanks hunny! I really am over the moon. When I gained after my Lanzarote hol it really knocked me back mentally and I found the next week quite a struggle, so I'm kinda glad I don't have that again. It just highlights how much rubbish I used to eat before though to maintain/gain when I was at my biggest!! *shudder* I'm sure when I'm skinnier this time next year I won't be able to get away with another Christmas like this one!

Amanda - Welcome! Nice to have you here. Aww that's awesome that you got a dress you loved, how far in advance did you buy it? It's kinda tricky for me with losing weight now as I've no idea what size/weight I'll be by next summer. Hopefully I'll be at target with a bit of luck, but even then I don't know whether target will be 12 stone or 10 stone, will all depend on how I look and feel at the time. Same with clothes size, I haven't got a clue what I'll be by then. I'd love to be a 12 or even a 10, but not sure how realistic that will be!

Do you have a diary on here I can follow?

Tigger - Thanks hun! I've no doubt you'll manage 4-6 stone over the year if you stick with SW. It really is an amazing 'diet', so much so it's not even a diet at all, just a complete lifestyle change that will leave you feeling fabulous.

As you're a similar weight to me when I started I can use myself as a decent comparison. I only seriously started losing weight on August 5th and provided I manage half a pound off next week, that'll be 3 stone in 5 months... so in a year it'll be around 7 stone if I keep it up! :eek: Now that'll be with having a Christmas eating what I liked for 3 days and 2 holidays where I was 'off' plan. I regularly have flexisyn meals every couple of weeks and I generally eat all or most of my syns. Plus I'm not one of those people who have massive losses. I've known others with the same starting weight who've lost double what I have in the same time! Just telling you all this so you know it's 100% achievable for you. You can eat real food, never be hungry and lose weight! Do you have a diary on here? Would love to be able to follow your progress.

Rea - Thanks hunny, I will do, can't wait! Decided to go for pizza in the end, yumyum!!

Miss K - You were right!! I was so bloody amazed! Have a good night hunny!

Lady Macbeth - Hey, nice to meet you and great to see you here, do you have a diary I can follow?

---

Well it's time to talk about New Years resolutions. It'll be quick as I've decided I'm not making any this year. I do have some hopes for the New Year which I want to share with you. Will be interesting to look back this time next year and see how I've managed!

- I'd love to lose 7lbs a month on average this year. Perfectly achievable as it's less than 2lbs a week and would mean by this time next year I'd weigh around 14st 10.5lbs! Looking at that number now seems like a complete pipe dream, I still weigh over 20 stone, but I KNOW if I carry on like I have been doing for the last 5 months I can do it!

- Increase body magic and get back into regular exercise.

- Save for and book the wedding, plan a kick ass honeymoon.

- Have a fantastic holiday in Africa, be slim enough to ride a camel (do they even have weight limits?!).

- Find the time to read more books! I read 35 in 2013 so as you can see I'm quite a reader! (btw anyone who loves to read needs to get on my goodreads list so let me know!)

- Pay off my Simply Be account and close it, soon I never need to shop there again!

- Pass my Human Biology course

- Organise a bargain holiday for September, before I start uni. I was originally thinking of something quite exotic, but now the wedding takes priority so I'm slashing the budget. Might not happen though now as really need to save, but just getting away for even a few days would be nice as Chris has got 2 weeks off work. Any bargain break advice greatly appreciated!

- Start my degree!

So yeah, those are my hopes for 2014, hope I can make them happen, or at least some of them! Right, i'll see you in the new year! Quiet one for us tonight but still really looking forward to some nice food, a good movie and snuggling up with Chris and the kittens! x

------

Oooh, almost forgot food!

Week 21, Day 1 - red with flexisyn tea
Brunch - feta (hexa) salad with tomatoes, onions, cucumber, olives and ff dressing - 1.5 syns
snack - 1 cracker with cheese ( 2 syns) and pickle ( 1 syn) - 3 syns
---
Evening - flexi syn
Pizza
mince pie ( last one!)

Total syns - don't care! :p

Last edited:
Thanks hun. That's why your diary inspired me so much. I do have a diary but I haven't updated it for months!! I'll start writing in it again and I'll post the link for you xxx

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Back