From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Brill loss - knew you could do it

Trying wedding dresses on makes me think if Muriel's wedding!! Maybe you could go around different places trying on and taking pictures as an incentive to keep going.
Now that sounds like a plan!! I wonder if I could do that too just for fun lol
Xx

Hiya!

No, I don't have a diary on here. I am relatively new to the forum but the basics are that I started Slimming World (first time I've ever done a "proper" diet) on 1st October and to date have lost 2st 6lbs, which is largely helped by swimming 60 lengths a day 5 days a week. I started SW at bang on 17st and a size 20 (although realistically I was a size 22 squeezed into a 20). :rolleyes:

Anyway, I bought my dress about 10 months before our wedding, which is considered quite late. My first plan was to just wear a nice but normal dress but then I tried on a wedding dress and that was it! But I also suddenly realised if was going to get a "proper" wedding dress I couldn't leave it any later.

In the end my dress was a sale dress and so the dress I tried on was the actual dress I wore on the day, whereas usually you try a dress and then the shop orders your size, which takes a while and is the reason you need to buy several months ahead as it takes a while to come in from the manufacturer and then is tailored to your measurements.

The dress I had was actually designed to fit sizes 18-26 and was a lace-up back. I don't know how it works for non-plus sizes but I imagine my dress was able to cover such a wide range of sizes purely because of the lace-up back. The alterations I had done were extensive shortening of the length (I'm only 5ft 1in) and the bodice had to be taken in quite a lot - in fact I'm the end I'd say it was still a little on the big side but I believe the seamstress struggled to take it in so much because of the fabric and it wasn't overly big.

In my (limited!) experience I would say just go into a wedding dress shop because you wouldn't believe how knowledgeable the ladies in there are. Go in and just tell them that you're losing weight and so are worried about how to go about buying a dress. They will tell you the best way to go about it - just about any bridal shop should be able to advise you. They might advise buying certain styles that can be taken in (for example, those with a lace-up back) or they might give advice on being able to buy a dress at short notice nearer the time.

One thing I would say is be careful on your choice of dress as you are getting married abroad and shipping something big can be a real worry not to mention that with the best will in the world space on an aircraft is very limited (I used to work for an airline and passengers used to get in such a tizz about it).

Happy new year Bev and to all your diary friends xx hoping we all get everything we dream of in 2014 xx

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Hey Bev!

Thought I would come and seek you out, happy new year to you.

I love reading all your hopes for the coming year. I've got decidedly bad at doing anything like that although there are a few things I want to try this year, I tend to try and make them more about doing things rather than NOT doing them, I find those ones much easier to stick to!

In regards to wedding dresses, I ended up with 2! I tried one on that I loved but it was ridiculously expensive and I was never going to pay that much. Then I bought one at a wedding fair for £300 but the other one played on my mind for ages, until I found one on Ebay, pre worn but immaculate and I paid about 25% of the retail price. Unfortunately, the other one is still sitting at my mums and I need to try and sell it now! We wanted to get married abroad but OHs family do not travel ever, his Dad has never been out of the country so we ended up having ceremony and lunch here with everyone and then at 3pm, we dashed home, changed, picked up our cases and flew to the Maldives that evening. Unusual, but perfect for us, we had a party when we got back - my dress only just fitted lol!

Happy New Year everyone! Had a gorgeous off plan pizza last night but boy was I feeling it later, didn't get to sleep 'til 5am due to sitting on the loo! After struggling with stomach problems from eating bad food over Christmas I'm really glad it's all over now and there's nothing to get in the way of being on plan for a while. Once the food shop is done tomorrow I'm going back to Slimming World basics and really trying to ramp up the superfree again. Today I'm going to be on plan, but just using stuff up that's in the cupboards as I didn't have the foresight to buy in advance yesterday! D'oh!

Got a busy month ahead of me with a huge coursework (not yet started) due on the 22nd and the most important interview of my life on the 15th at my first choice uni here in Sheffield. Thankfully I've got January 'off' to focus on all that stuff before the new job starts. For anyone new to my diary I'm currently having what is essentially a gap year before starting uni in late September. I'm currently studying Human Biology with the Open Uni so I meet the entry requirements for Radiography. I've already been accepted into Leeds Uni provided I pass my current course, but as I don't want to move from Sheffield if I got into the uni here it'd be much shorter commute, could even walk in the summer! Anyway, until uni starts at the end of September I'm basically going to be studying, working when I can, focussing on my weight loss and travelling as much as possible.

Currently Tunisia is the only thing planned as yet for the beginning of May, but hoping to go away in September too. Things are kind of up in the air at the moment though as the main priority is saving to book the wedding and planning an incredible honeymoon next year. As we're getting married in Prague I really want to use the honeymoon as an opportunity to explore some of Eastern Europe. It's a long way off yet but I'm a planning freak so already thinking about a week in Prague, 3 days in Vienna, 5 days in Budapest and 5 days in Krakow. Would even be tempted to add a couple more days on to go to Warsaw, but as it's our honeymoon I don't want the travelling to get too stressful. Would be so romantic travelling around Europe on those old fashioned trains and bet it'd be beautiful in July/August time. Chris is going to see if his work will let him have the month of our wedding off on leave, it'd be awesome if gets it. So yeah, if we end up able to do that for the wedding NEXT year (woo! I'm getting married next year now!) there won't be much other travelling on the cards this year, need to save up as much as possible to make the wedding and honeymoon super special! :)

Anyway, back to January, I do have a tendency for going off on a tangent at times if you've not noticed yet! ;) Well anyway this month I'm going to be pretty much 'working' 9-5 days on the coursework for the next 3 weeks. Quite looking forward to it as feel well rested and raring to go to be honest! Would have started today but due to crappy sleep thanks to dodgy tum I didn't get up 'till almost 2pm! Whatever happens tomorrow though I'll be up early and breaking the crappy sleep cycle. For the rest of the day though I'm chilling in front of the telly browsing minimins, researching wedding related stuff and watching Fat:The Fight Of My Life on Sky Living. It's Chris's last day off work today, it's been great to have him off these last couple of weeks but I've hardly got anything done uni wise so glad he's back to be honest, will be nice to get into a normal routine again!

Anyway, food for the day:

Week 21, Day 2 - Green
Brunch - Jacket potato, baked beans and cheese (hexa x 2) with black pepper
Snack - Chewy delight (hexb)
Tea - Morrisons tomato soup with slice of wb bread (hexb) and low fat marg - 10.5 syns
Snack - Muller
Total syns - 10.5

See what I mean about that superfree? Non-existent! For all the newbies, this really isn't a good example of a SW day! Don't worry though, tomorrow I'm going to be filling up on lots of salad and getting our cupboards stocked up with plenty of fresh stuff!
----

LadyMacbeth - Hope you had a lovely new year! Will be great to follow your journey too and get to know you better. All the best for starting the plan today, how are you finding it?

Tigger - Happy new year! Will go and subscribe to your diary in a minute, I've no doubt you're going to do this so it's going to be amazing following your journey! :)

Babycake - Thanks hun and happy new year. That would be a pretty cool idea. Gonna have to go and try them on at some point but think I'll wait 'til autumn before I start properly looking. I'm really picky so can imagine it being a bit of a mission to find the right one! Good luck with your restart today, how are you finding it so far?

Amanda - Well done on your loss so far, you're doing amazing so far and WOW your swimming is incredible! :eek: You must feel so fit after doing all that! Definitely need to take a leaf out of your book for the new year and get myself back to the pool again.

Thanks for the advice on wedding dresses, I'll definitely have to nip into a local shop and explain my circumstances to see what they say. I'm sure the shops are used to having brides slimming for the big day, but maybe not losing another 9 stone from the first appointment! Would be nice to know what the heck I'm meant to be doing though, would hate to go looking for a dress too late. I'm going to leave it for a while until we've booked the date (which will depend on which uni I end up going to as they have different summer holiday months) and then can get cracking with it all. I've been looking online and have an idea of the kind of thing I like. I'd never thought about the packing and transporting it problem so thanks for mentioning it, think I'll just have to pay for an extra case each way or something so it'll fit!

Jody - Hey hun, lovely to see you here! Awesome you managed to find your dream dress in the end. As I'll be a full time student I don't have a huge budget for the dress, being a travel junky like you I'd rather save up for a fantastic honeymoon instead! Your wedding sounds great and the Maldives must have been awesome! Bet it's so beautiful, especially when you can dive and see all the stunning marine life. Definitely another place on my travel bucket list!

Rae - Happy new year darlin' have a good one!

Bev - All the best for the new year! I was so chuffed with that pound, a lovely little surprise to finish a wonderful year!

P.s If anyone on here wants to be FB friends I've put my link in the profile info so feel free to add me!

Last edited:
Got in the car feeling very very positive, radio playing eye if the tiger. By the time I got to group I was bubbling with positive ness. Big massive hug from the C when I walked through the door. Jumped on the scale and was dead on 20st. Set my first target of 2st ( which ironically is my club 10 wight to aim for) good omens or what!!!
Then I go and with the bloody raffle lol xx

Day 1 - not so bad, bit peckish as I've not got much in and currently contemplating using my sins on a glass of vino and a quality street!!! :)

You'll love Tunisia. We've been a couple of times and my old man goes a couple of times a year xxx

Babycake - That's bloody brilliant, what a fantastic day! Also you get the amazing feeling of getting into the 19's after your first week. The thought of that alone has kept me going so many times when I've craved rubbish or nibbles. Next week you'll never have to see that 2 before your weight again! :)

Glad you liked Tunisia, I've never been before so can't wait!

Hi bev, what a flipping exciting 2014 you've got lined up.
I love your hopes instead of resolutions and can't wait to follow your journey this year watching the hopes become realities! I've had a naughty couple of weeks in the lead up to Xmas but the body is well and truly craving fruit and veg now and I can't wait times right back on plan from tomorrow! :) thank you for all the positivity and motivational posts! Xx

Wow some great news here first of all congrats on your engagement and adding to that well done losing 1lb on xmas week fantastic effort lucky or not its a great result will be personally delighted should i have a small gain but then I was reckless

Iread u felt bad and sluggish eating after eating some of the food that you did same as me felt awful sluggish also felt hungover and felt so much better getting back on it

want to wish you a happy new year love following your progress and we are both doing really well so hopefully this year will be a good one for us both

Take care

So jelly that you lost over xmas :D AMAZEBALLZ!

Strength training (i.e. Arms workout) burns fat too! Not jusy about toning up/tightening but about creating more lean tissue. Also, strength training boosts the effect of cardio by double or somethig crazy as it really boosts metabolism for 24hrs after doing it! Win-win situation :D

Your new years resolutions sound great :) happy new year! X

healthy food.jpg

Woke up feeling really positive this morning. Went out and got all ready for a skinny new year with a 'healthy' shop. Will be so nice to get some super free into my system again! Must admit to cheating a little bit with the cheese I bought, same cals as the mini babybels but half the price. I figure so long as nutritionally something is the same/similar I can substitute it, but having said that it'll be the first thing I look at if my losses slow down.

Productive morning so far - food shopping at Aldi and Morrisons, sorting out an appointment at citizens advice bureau for Chris's Mum, paid phone bill, paid a cheque in and went to docs. I've got a UTI AGAIN, only had one mid Dec :rolleyes:. Never had problems before then so I'm thinking my new PJ's that I finally fit into (originally they were a gift that was too small) might be causing it. Sounds daft I know but as they are a polyester/nylon material they don't let my body breathe and sometimes I wake up feeling a bit sweaty. Of course I jump straight in the shower so don't really think anything of it, but its the only think I can think off. Chucked both pairs of them in the bin anyway so hopefully this will be my first and last UTI of the year!

Did have a NSV at the docs in that I was brave enough to sit in one of the reception waiting chairs with arms. Before I've always gone for one of the two armless ones in the corner as I was scared i'd be wedged! Anyway, I fit in it fine! It's so great not to have to worry about stuff like that any more. Although I've a long way to go weight loss wise, it's amazing how far I've come. I don't feel uncomfy in cinema seats any more, I could fasten my seatbelt on the plane and now I can sit in average sized chairs with arms! It's something you'd never really think about unless you're morbidly obese, but it's so freeing to know there's one less thing to worry about! I remember at my biggest going over to my friends house and sitting in her garden chair incredibly uncomfy for an hour, then getting up and the chair sticking to my bum like a bleedin' shell! Thankfully no-one saw but I was mortified!! At least I can laugh about it now :D

Starting my coursework in a minute. Well, I say starting it, I've got a 250 page book to read first. The rest of the day will be spend highlighting that I think! Have a good one, I'll reply to peeps later but thanks for all the messages. Everyone seems to positive about this year weight loss wise, I'm sure between us we're gonna do this and lose loads!:)

Well done on the NSV....must make u feel fab :)

Boooo ti the UTI, they're horrible things, I hate them. Drink lots of water to help flush it out.

Good luck with the coursework :)

It's great to feel positive. Well done on the 'healthy' shop. I've done the same today too -Aldi and Sainsburys.

Am struggling a bit with the healthy shop as I'm away for the weekend so won't be doing any until next week. However, will do it with a vengeance come Monday.

Great that you're both so motivated.

Hope the week goes well. x

Gingaling - ​Thanks hun, hope you had a lovely Christmas and your first day back on plan goes well. Those first days are always hard, I always tend to find myself extra hungry!

JMA - Thanks JMA, happy new year to you too! The main thing is you enjoyed your Christmas, you'll get any gain off ASAP I'm sure of it! I'm sure we've got a great weight loss year ahead of us, you'll be hitting that 10 stone mark before you know it! I've got 6 stone and half a pound to my 10 stone point, would be incredible to get it for this time next year! Long way off, but with 7lbs a month I hopefully can do it!

Soph - I knowwww, I couldn't believe it! Sounds like you've done amazing too though getting that xmas gain off in a week, over new year too, well done!

Lady Macbeth - Glad it's going well so far. Always tricky when you go away, maybe try taking some SW friendly snacks with you so you won't be tempted if you get hungry when you're out and about. Those chewy delight or hi-fi bars are always nice to have on you for a hexb, only 99p at the minute too in Morrisons and Tesco!

Intoxicate - Haha, thanks! It's pretty crazy at the minute because all you guys know about the 'non' engagement
but none of my friends 'in real life' do! We'd just like to keep it really small and intimate though, plus I think if I was constantly getting asked about the wedding for the next year and a half by everyone it'd do my head in! Hope its going well back at work and on plan again!

Rae - Ughh, I hate them! Just feel so uncomfortable at the minute, even sitting down reading! Picking the antibiotics up in the morning and hopefully they should work pretty quickly. Should have got them today but I completely forgot and then got lazy! :rolleyes:

Bev - When I was walking around the shops today it was amazing to see how much the contents of peoples trollies had changed from last week. Instead of people crowding round the booze isles I had to queue at the salad bar, at 10am! LOL! :D

Week 22, Day 3 - EE

Breakfast - Chewy delight
Snack - mini pack of raisins - 2 syns
Lunch - Feta (hexa) salad with cucumber, onion, tomato, lettuce, olives and ff dressing - 2 syns
Tea - Quorn spag bol - Tesco chopped Italian tomatoes with garlic, onion, mushrooms and Lloyd Grossman sauce (5.5 syns) and pasta - 5.5.syns
Snack - chopped apple and grapes

Total - 9.5 syns

Some days I want to munch everything in sight, but very rarely do I have a day like today when I have hardly any appetite! Didn't eat lunch 'till 3pm as I just didn't feel hungry - weird! At least when I feel hungry I know my metabolism is working! Anyway, another yummy on plan day under my belt. Could have done today as a green day due to the lack of meat but didn't feel like I needed/wanted any more healthy extras or I'd have changed plans. Want to get some red days under my belt again pretty soon, these are the most difficult as I love my carbs, but also seem to deliver the best results on the scales. As you know, for me this month is all about getting into those 19's, so if red days speed that up by a week or so then bring it on!

In fact I've decided not to put it off, tomorrow I'll aim for a red day, no better time than to start as I mean to go on!

---

Haven't got as much work done today as I'd like so this evening Chris is upstairs on his own watching a movie and I'm gonna spend a couple more hours hitting the books. At least it's quite interesting, the chapter I'm doing today is all about different areas of the brain. Time to get on with it... Hope everyone's had a great day!

I think a new year naturally brings about a bit of a "fresh start" even if you're already on plan! Its amazing to think where you could be this time next year!

I definately think we'll all do well and continue to lose - motivation is high :)

Booooo to your UTI they're horrible :( Try drinking cranberry juice, LOADS of water, and wee before and after sex! I don't think the pj's should be causing it - more likely to be thrush if they're making you sweaty etc! See how you get on without them anyway (oooh lala lucky Chris haha).

I'm back at work today *grumpy face* can't leave til 8pm when my clinic is over however I have a gap between patients at the moment therefore I'm mini-ing! xx

Back