From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Loving the pics. Sooooo wish I had a waist :(. I'm straight up and down, well I was last time I was thin (probably 1988 aged 10 lol)

Starting with a migraine so I'll probably catch up with you tomorrow after weigh in ( said with butterfly's in the tum, but wishing it was chocolate )

Xxx

Fantastic loss for a lovely lady :) your hard work is now paying off credit and an inspiration delighted for ya :)

Amazing job on the loss :D eee!!! You look amazing in that pic- tiny waist, such great curves!! Bet Chris can't keep his hands off you :p
Well done chick! X

Aww you guysss! :eek: Thanks for all the lovely messages and comments. There are so many I'm not going to even attempt to reply individually, but all your kind words and support mean the world to me.

Dead chuffed with my loss this week, but still feeling incredibly daunted by the fact I have 8.5 stone left to lose. Some days I don't even think about the big picture and I LOVE those days 'cos it's so easy living in the moment. When I realise just how far I have left to go before becoming a healthy weight its a bit too much to take in some times. At the end of the day though I could either dwell on it or get on with things, thankfully getting on with things has won so far.

I think one of the hardest parts about being 'morbidly obese' isn't the losing weigh part, it's the mental determination to keep it up and continue doing so for over a year. Probably why so many larger people who diet do well for a while and then go back to their old ways. I know I can never go back, but sometimes the finish line seems so far away that it's not even a line it's a dot. Don't want to seem all negative here, but I want this diary to be a true reflection of how I feel and I have the odd day where I feel like this.

Pretty crappy day diet wise today, purely because we needed to go shopping and didn't have really any super free in the house. Been with Chris's Mum most of the day trying to get legal advice for something for her, so last thing I felt like when I got in was shopping and cooking. Of course these are excuses, I recognise that now, but calories wise we're talking about 1400 calories max, so it's not like I've blown the diet or anything.

Week 23, Day 2 - Green
Breakfast - Chewy Delight - hexb
Lunch - Cheese (hexa) toastie on 2 slices WM bread (hexb + 6 syns) with tomatoes - 6 syns
Snack - Special K cracker crispis - 5 syns
Dinner - Loyd Grossman Putanesca pasta sauce (5.5 syns) with pasta and cheese (hexa) - 6 syns
Supper - Muller and apple
Total - 16.5 syns

Weekly syns - 21.5/105

Back on the superfree from tomorrow, will take a trip to the shops for some more salad stuff. Really missed my usual feta salad today!

Last edited:
It IS a daunting prospect to continue so long to get to the finish line but you're doing exactly the right things.

For everyone no matter how much or how little there is to lose, the overall goal to maintain a healthy weight, diet and lifestyle is an endless task so there really is no finish line for any of us.

I've always thought that it is more difficult the more you have to lose though as it's hard to maintain the level of motivation needed to reach your goal and small loses don't have as much impact.

When I've been slimmer in the past I notice a few pounds weight gain (not on the scales I mean I could just tell) yet when larger happily pile on the stones not noticing! Likewise small loses are more noticeable and keep you motivated at a lower weight (in my opinion).

Definitely carry on as you are! Live for the moment! Enjoy those moments you've worked hard for and have already achieved such as looking amazing, not worrying about plane seats or chairs with arms etc and know that over time the goal will be reached but you can have an amazing time getting there too!

Hope you perk up tomorrow, everyone said those nice things because it's true so enjoy it and look forward to more that are to come with your hard work and determination :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

P'S. Sorry for the epic post but I've lost weight several times before and know how hard it is. I've not got as much to lose as you do but I've always admired people who can stick to a diet when they have lots to lose and your diary is very inspiring so I don't want you to lose heart x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Bev,
Totally agree that smaller targets are easier and less overwhelming than looking at the bigger picture...but don't forget...you're a third of the way there now!! So that's still a big old dent in the bigger picture too!! :) and you've managed to do that in under 6 months of being fully on sw right...which is a massive achievement! :)
Xxx

You need to just concentrate on it week by week, don't think about the bigger picture cos it just overwhelms you. If you just take it one step at at a time it feels easier! Even just focusing on the next 1/2st sticker. I never thought I'd lose all the weight I have, but I did it and I got there by taking it step by step, having a fall with a blow out day,but always dragging myself back on plan the next day and forgetting about the binge. You will get there, don't put so much pressure on yourself x

I understand totally how you feel. I have just under 5 stone to lose, and the finish line seems SO far away. I will have to take it in small goals to keep myself sane. I don't think the word 'target' exists to me yet lol
I've been exercising loads the past week and a bit, eating well & drinking no alcohol at all and I feel good, and then I think of the big picture and how long I have to do this for before I even get close to target and it kills my life. I look in the mirror and see the same thing and its hard that results are not a quick thing. I can't exercise for a week and expect the mirror to show what I want... It's a long term thing and that's hard when I work really hard and feel proud of myself but see no major change. X

MrsGinger - Thanks for your lovely post and of course you're right. I'm feeling a lot better after a good talking to myself. The things you say make a lot of sense, especially about the fact there's no 'end' to weight loss. It's something I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life, after all it's not like when I get to target I can eat anything I want. TBH it's hard to actually even visualise being at target with so far to go, in some ways it feels like getting there will be the 'end', but really its just the start of the next challenge. I'm sure in a way maintenance is much tougher than actually losing weight, mainly because you don't get that buzz of shedding the pounds each week. Of course you get to be a gorgeous skinny minnie though, so it's a pretty nice consolation ;)

Don't worry I'm not going to lose heart, I very rarely feel like that to be honest now. At the beginning it was pretty much a daily thought ('will I EVER do it', 'its too hard', 'how can I possibly lose all this weight?') but now I have so much belief in myself I know I'm going to get to target, the only thing that bugs me sometimes is how long it's going to take! I think things came to a head a bit today as I was so chuffed to get to that 4 stone point, it was kinda crushing to then look at the big picture and think I have to do that twice over to get to a healthy weight! Not going to let this derail me though, I've come too far!

Ging - Thanks hun you're completely right - 1/3rd of the way there in less than 6 months of SW is fantastic, if I keep it up by the start of 2015 I'll be at target (or close), I think I was just throwing the dummy out of the pram earlier! I honestly want this weight loss more than pretty much anything else in my life at the moment, so I get impatient sometimes and want it NOW, lol! *spoilt brat*

Rochelle - Completely agree, I need to get my head well and truly out of the big picture and get back to my mini goals! Got plenty coming up over the next month hopefully too:
- 4.5st total loss - 3.5lbs to go
- into the 19's - 7lbs to go
- 5 st total loss - 10.5lbs to go
- BMI below 40
Need to just get myself back into that mindset where I take each day as it comes. Like you said I might be just putting too much pressure on myself. I have a tendency to get a bit too obsessed with things at times, can definitely see that happening with the weight loss! Need to just chill out a bit and enjoy the journey rather than just focussing on the destination!

Intoxicate - You hit the nail on the head, that's exactly what I was thinking earlier. It's incredibly hard to be *sooo* good and know you won't be seeing the benefit for ages. Having said that the more I thought about it I realised I AM seeing the benefit - my skin looks and feels amazing, clothes are getting looser, I can fit in normal sized chairs, I DIDN'T have a binge when I got down about my weight loss. All these things are amazingly positive, you said yourself that you feel good for your exercise too. I guess we just need to focus on the positive and get rid of that negativity. It's amazing how easy it could be to completely sabotage our weight loss efforts just by our heads not being in the right place. We WILL do this, I guess if it was an easy road it wouldn't be as rewarding when we get to goal!

---

I realised today that I've been making some rookie mistakes:

1. Looking too much at the big picture
2. Treating Slimming world like a 'diet' rather than a way of life
3. Putting too much pressure on myself

I need to take a step back from things, focus again on my mini goals and really get out of this notion that SW is a 'diet'. Some of my food choices have been a bit crappy lately and I haven't been enjoying my meals as much as I did pre-Christmas. Need to get stocked up again on the super free and back in the kitchen trying some new and exciting recipes. Tomorrow morning I'm off to the shops for some fresh and interesting food! :)

---

Well it might actually be tomorrow lunch time at this rate as I'm stuck in one of my rubbish sleeping cycles. Determined to get up at 10am though regardless of the time I get to sleep! It's difficult as I'm off work this month doing a mountain of coursework, so apart from getting that done for the 22nd I don't really have to be up for anything in particular.

Holy crap! I did it!! FOUR POUNDS OFF!!!! :happy036:Thanks to all the good luck messages, I think they worked wonders!

Honestly feeling fantastic at the moment, just look at the graph! According to that I'll be into the 19's in three weeks! :D

View attachment 119095
Really didn't know what to expect this week what with being ill and having a bit of a blow out on NYE, so to get 4lbs off is amazing! Not only that but I got my SW 3 stone award and I've lost over 4 stone now in total!! Only 3.5lbs to my next award too, I wonder what I can do with a FULL week on plan if I managed 4lbs with only 6 days this week! Gotta love those red days, they really do seem to work wonders for my losses! :)

Got some lovely comments today from group members about how I'm looking, it's so encouraging when people can actually tell!

Making my move to weekly syns now as it's the start of a fresh week. Think it'll be a lot better for me as I'll be able to have the treats I *really* want rather than things that are a few syns so I don't go over my daily totals. Having serious pizza cravings so I think a Friday night pizza will be on the cards, that'll take up a good chunk of my syns, really looking forward to it though!

Now off to update the Jan challenge thread, feels great to know I've lost 4 of those 10lbs I was aiming for and it's only my first WI!! :eek:

----

Miss K - You're completely right, its so hard when you're ill just to reach for the nearest thing to munch on. Apart from that minced pie though (thankfully it was the last one!) I've made pretty good choices this week!

Bev - Welcome back!! So good to see you on here again! How are you doing? Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year. Need to find your diary on here now I've finally got enough posts to be able to read it! :)

Soph - Yeah I think you were right, I need to listen to my body more if it genuinely isn't hungry rather than forcing myself to eat. Anyway now I'm on the mend I doubt lack of appetite is something I'll have to worry about! :D

Rae/Babycakes/Ging - Thanks guys! I'm still not back to 100% by any means but I'm definitely on the mend at last, hopefully I'll be back to normal in no time.

Babytree - No I've not tried green tea, I tend to dislike those fruit teas as I've never had one that actually tastes as good as it smells! I've heard good things about those new tea pig fruit teas though so I might give them a try, hopefully they do one with green tea in.

Mrs Ginger - Must feel *soooo* good to be in the 15's!! Well done you!

Emma - Thanks hun. Good luck for WI tonight, will be crossing my fingers for you!

Wow..... you will be featuring on disappearing world ;)

Seems like you have successfully thought your way over your mental blip but just wanted to add that you're doing fantastically. I really admire people who have the courage to start something really big - I realise that I was lucky in that I discovered SW and also got to a calm-ish phase in my life just as my BMI started tipping into obese. That said I too get those periods of impatience! But I tell myself how fast the 3-4 months I've done already seem to have gone and the benefits I'm already seeing. You have a brilliant attitude and I'm sure you won't give up. Plus you have lots of other exciting things going on in life to keep you busy while you wait for target!

Back