From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Well done to a good day :) and it sounds like things are going really well for you at the moment which is great.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

No wonder you're hungry I'd be starving having a salad for tea lol I'm a greedy guts though! The salad does sound yummy x

Hey Bev,

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days! I'm impatient, it's my biggest downfall and probably the reason I haven't down well with previous attempts. I can't believe I started at the end of August, it whizzes by because it soon becomes 'normal' and you just adjust your life to it, something you seem to be doing really well at ;)

I just looked at your stats....have you ever looked at it as being a third of the way through your journey? That's mammoth. I'm not anywhere near that yet! I think we are probably all a little guilty of feeling deflated because we aren't there YET when really we should be proud of ourselves for having walked a few miles down a journey that thousands start every year, and give up after a few metres. If we've done it for this long....WE CAN AND WILL DO IT!

PS, sorry, I've just come back from the gym and I'm all like :banana dancer:

Jayde - Thanks hun, yeah I'm having a pretty good week now I've got those nagging doubts out of my head. Hope you're well hun x

Rochelle - It's amazing how much I LOVE salad. Never really had it much before SW, and now if I have a couple of salad free days I really miss it! Usually have it for my lunch though and then something bigger on a night, which is probably why I was so hungry yesterday!

Bev - Thanks for stopping by hun and for the lovely comments, hope you're having a good week.

Jody - Just saw your post! Thanks hun, hope you had a good workout! I know what you mean about it becoming normal, I can't imagine going back to how I used to eat now. Completely agree, we should be so proud of ourselves for being the ones continuing our weight loss journey in January and not restarting it. This year is the first time in my adult life I haven't started a diet in January! :eek:

----

Well that red day yesterday has really kicked my metabolism into gear, woke up STARVING today. Had my breakfast and was starving an hour later, had my lunch and now I'm starving again, at 2pm! Thank God I've got some superfree to nibble on (grapes, apple, banana) to get me through 'til tea time!

Having a productive day today getting some letters written for Chris's Mum (that legal thing) and then doing some studying. Chris is starting his new healthy eating routine after today which will be fab. Good for him as he does need to lose a couple of stone, and for me as not only do I get a healthier boyfriend, but it'll make it easier for me to stay on plan!

Despite my self imposed holiday booking ban I've been looking online for ideas for where to go in September. Thinking Tallin in Estonia, it looks amazing and would be completely different! Looks like a really beautiful old town and can also do ferry day trips over the Baltic sea to Helsinki, which would be amazing! I have a nagging doubt in my mind though that I should be saving the money for the wedding... Either way nothing will be booked until the end of May so can think about things. I'm like an addict when it comes to holidays though! :rolleyes:

Updating food for the day now as doubt I'll have chance to get on later. Trying not to go on my laptop at night as it really impacts me getting to sleep!

Week 23, Day 6 - EE
Breakfast - 2 x ryvittas (hexb)with chive philly (hexa)and chopped tomatoes, handful of grapes
Lunch - Morrisons Tuna mayo salad with sweetcorn, cucumber, carrot, red peppers, pasta - 7.5 syns
Snack - Muller, grapes
Tea - Loyd grossman Smoky bacon pasta with lean bacon, chopped tomatoes, basil, onion and a sprinkle of cheese - 5 syns
Total - 12.5 syns

Weekly syns - 91.5/105

Food for tomorrow is all planned out and below 5 syns, so I know if the munchies continue I can at least have a little treat!

Last edited:
I am not really a salad person, but I think it's because I don't really try hard with them! I see people doing warm chicken and bacon salads, feta salads, they always look so nice x

I love salad but more as a side dish. It's very rare that I would prefer a whole salad as a main meal but as a side dish I adore it.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ooh that sounds pretty interesting, bet its great getting more involved with the student side of things too. Thanks for the offer of help, if I need anything I'll let you know. Kinda daunted by the physiology side of things as there is just sooooo much to learn, but sure I'll get it all eventually. Chris will just have to put up with posters and diagrams of body parts popping up around the house while I get to grips with it! :rolleyes:

--
Week 23, Day 5 - Red
Breakfast - Banana and grapes
Lunch - 2 slices wm toast (hexb) with chive philly (hexa) and sliced tomatoes
Snack - Chewy delight (hexb), Fridge raiders chicken bites- 2.5 syns
Tea - Feta (hexa) salad with olives (1.5 syns), tomatoes, onion, lettuce and ff dressing - 1.5 syns
Supper - Muller
Total - 4 syns

Weekly syns - 79/105

Having one of those very hungry days today, haven't had a red day for a while though so looks like it's going to take some getting used to.

Tomorrow we're having pasta for tea, but Monday will aim for another red day so at least I've got 2 in for the week.

Is chive philly a hea? I thought it was just plain ones x

Lisaa - Good point, I just assumed it was. I checked on the SW site and it says "75g Philadelphia light", which would surely include the whole 'light' range? Just to be sure I checked the nutritional info and its all the same fat wise, except the chive one has 1 calorie extra per serving.

---

Can't get to sleep AGAIN. I really am struggling a lot with this lately, think its the stress of all this coursework and my uni interview next week. Just wish I could relax and just sleep like a normal person! :confused:

Not so good you're still having trouble sleeping, hopefully it'll get a bit better after the uni interview. Hope you have a good day x

Poor you. Its impossible to function when your sleeps out of wack.

I hope that you get back to normal soon

xx

Thanks guys, nothing worse than dodgy sleeping! I honestly think it must be stress related, anyway it could be worse... only 1 more full day 'til the big interview! Not even started on the prep for it yet, got too much to do with this coursework, thankfully can have a full day getting ready for it tomorrow after WI.

Updating my food for the day now and I'll do any edits later, as usual it's a light Monday ahead of WI tomorrow.

Week 23, Day 7 - Red
Lunch - Feta (hexa) salad with onions, olives (1.5 syns), tomatoes, salad leaves, ff dressing
Snack - Chewy delight (hexb), grapes
Tea - 2 egg omelette with cheese (hexa), spring onions and baked beans (hexb)
Supper - muller
Total - 1.5 syns

Weekly syns - 93/105

I never know what to expect on the scales, but this week has been one of those times where physically I've felt a bit lighter. I don't know whether that's just from this week though or a cumulative effect over the last few weeks. Reeaaally hope I see a big number on the scales tomorrow but after that -4 last week, if I manage 2lbs I'll be happy. Having said that I only need 3.5lbs for my next award, but I seriously doubt that'll be happening this week. I've said it before and I know it sounds daft but even 5 months on I get nervous before my WI. Always feel so relieved when its over.

Happy Monday everyone, hope its a good one! x

Last edited:
always nervous before a WI. I get a shy bladder too so I cant even pee that last 1/2lb away lol. Bring on the WI !!!!

Hope the WI gives you a great result and you are all ready to get into interview prep! I got really jittery before my weigh ins too so I know how nerve wracking they can be.

x

I made sure I ant all the good luck vibes I could find. Have a good WI and interview xx

Back