From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Well so much for that 'lighter' feeling, only 0.5lbs off this week! :rolleyes: I'm not going to complain as it's still in the right direction, but was hoping for a decent loss this week. Its no surprise really as I haven't pooped for 2 days and I'm due on * week, and hey, at least it wasn't a gain!

Putting it into perspective over the previous 4 WI's I've lost 10.5lbs (that's over xmas and NY!) so I was due a slow loss week, particularly with * week looming. Not going to let it put me off, but all the same I'm not gonna lie, it is a pain in the ass! Decided I'm going back to basics with a low syn/low cal week including plenty of red days. I was planning on having a curry night on Friday, but instead I'm going to use the money I would have spent to make a gorgeous salmon, asparagus, tomato and new potato one pot recipe. Yey for healthy choices!

Going to try and take pics of all my food this week and stick them on here, really want to work on making sure I get that 1/3rd plate full of superfree. Think its something I've been slipping on over the last few weeks and I want to get back to the point where 1/3rd superfree is just a habit and I don't even need to think about it.

Very poor losses this week at my group, apart from the newbies all of us came away with either slight gains, STS's and 0.5-1lb losses! Wonder what it is about this week?! Most of us had pretty fabby results last week so maybe that's why. I found out I was SOTW last week with my 4lbs loss, always fab encouragement! I've been SOTW 7 times now in 23 weeks!! :)

---
Week 24, Day 1 - Red
Breakfast - Special K chewy delight (hexb)
Lunch - Jacket potato (hexb) with cheese (hexa x 2), tuna mayo (4 syns) and sweetcorn with a side salad of lettuce, beetroot, grated carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, mixed peppers, boiled egg and coleslaw (4 syns) - 8 syns
Tea - Salad with grilled bbq (2 syns) chicken and coleslaw (4 syns) - 6 syns
Total - 14 syns

Weekly syns - 14/105

jacketpotatolunch.jpg

^^^ This was soooo yummy and filling too, won't need any snacks this afternoon now that's for sure!

bbqchickentea.jpg

Last edited:
Well done! Sounds like a loss this week is an achievement - early January sucks in my opinion! Pretty nervous about my WI tonight...

well done on the loss....even though it's not as much as you'd hoped, at least it's not a gain as you say.

and strange you mentioned that apart from new ppl, a lot of gains/sts at class...i had another 100% week last week but had 1lb on yesterday and i was soooo p'd off!

thankfully i didn't go awol like i wanted to but i so wasn't expecting it!

good idea on the pics, i've found since i started posting pics, i make a bit more of an effort to make sure what should be on my plate is - because others are going to see too :)

you're doing fab huni and a lower loss this week might mean a better one next week? but either way, it's going down and that's what you want ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Gwella - Good luck tonight for your WI! *fingers crossed* I hate early January too, it's a miserable month really with Christmas over, dark nights, cold days and not to mention being broke after Christmas! Roll on Feb!

MissK - Grr, that must be so annoying, especially as you've been bang on plan with all that yummy home cooked food! I've seriously never seen a week like it this week with people's losses. We were all saying how sometimes our losses don't match up to how much effort we put in. Like, last week I lost 4lbs and that included NYE where I was completely off plan, yet this week it's just 1/2 a pound! Bizarre! To be fair though I did lose that pound at Christmas which was completely undeserved, so maybe I'm getting a bit of weight loss karma! :D

Yeah I think posting pics is the way to go, so long a I remember to take them! At least that way I won't be kidding myself with the portion sizes and superfree as hopefully people will call me out on it!

Well done on the loss! It may have only been 0.5lb but it's still a loss so you're still moving in the right direction which is the main thing.

Good idea about the pictures, I did that for a while before I went awol at the end of last year. I might start doing it again x

Bev/Em - Yep a loss is a loss at the end of the day. Trying to just appreciate the fact I'm still heading in the right direction but its hard to accept I lost more weight over Christmas (with 3 days off plan) than I did this week. Sometimes weight loss really doesn't add up!

Well done on the loss hun..I know it's frustrating but the consistency you have is amazing and many people never have that. Why not weigh out half a lb of stuff a see how it feels...I bet it's heavier than you think! Xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Jayde - Thanks hun. How have you got on today at WI? I'm not going to let this small loss bother me, I've had half a pound loss weeks before and I'm sure I'll have them again, so time to draw a line under it now and get on with the next week.

---------------------------------------- LOL! ;)

I'm not at Wi until 7.30 so it is an agonising wait to find out how I did this week! Definitely feel I have lost!

I've got my fingers crossed for you! I'm sure you'll have a great loss hun, I hope so 'cos it sounds like you really deserve it with all the temptations you've resisted this first week!

Must be a pain weighing in at that time, I wouldn't want to eat or drink, which I know is daft! :rolleyes: That reminds me once I start my new job I'll either need to switch to the 9am Saturday group (bleurgh!) or the 7pm Tuesday group, not looking forward to that! :/

Well I did eat before group last week so I am just going to continue eating lightly or take something with me. It is rather late! I really wanted a Monday morning because I work late on a Monday but there are none.

Aww that sucks. They dont do any on Sundays either which is a pity. Think i'll have to swap to the Tue evening group but dreading that first week 'cos I must weigh 7lbs heavier in an evening. Guess it'll balance out after that first week though and at least i'll know it's not a real gain x

Bevvy, we matched weight loss again... Haha!

Weighing in late suck, loads! When you do change groups make sure you start as you mean to go on i.e. If you're going to eat, always have similar things every week, or if you're going to starve yourself haha do it every week.

Em - OMG! AGAIN! That's crazy, we seem to manage that every week lately! I'll have to let you know next week what I get so you don't have to worry all day how you're going to do! LOL. Glad you managed a loss 'cos you really deserved it, 6 stone award next week I'm sure of it! :)

I don't need to swap group for a few more weeks, but think I'm just going to aim to be sensible from the start with it and try and have a normal lunch and dinner that day. I KNOW I'll gain in the first week, but after that I'm hoping it'll be okay and I'll see consistent losses again.

--

Oh dear, completely messed up tea! It wasn't a hard job really, I only had to put the winter veg in the oven for 45 minutes. What did I end up doing? Putting the grill on instead of the oven!! :rolleyes: What an utter plonker! I only found out when the smoke alarm went off! To be fair I hardly ever use the oven, Chris does most of the cooking, but still I should know how to work my own blummin' oven!!

Anyway problem of tea was quickly solved, just had some BBQ chicken on the George Foreman and the other half my salad. Bummer though as was really looking forward to the winter veg, at least it was reduced so I've only wasted 75p.

bbqchickentea.jpg

Syns wise it means I've had an extra 2 on my total, so 14 today and calories wise I've had about 1550. Going to give calories a rough estimate each day this week so I know I'm not eating too much free food, wouldn't want anything like that sabotaging my weight loss. I'm not going to aim for a particular number of calories or anything, will just track the totals at the end of the day after I've eaten to check its nothing OTT.

Aiming for an EE day tomorrow. It's gonna be a weird sort of day as my assessment/interview is from 12-4pm and need to arrive 30 minutes early, so having brunch around 10.30ish. Planned my food day out already so I know what I need to buy when I'm at the shops tomorrow. Can't believe when I started this I didn't know what I was having for my meals until an hour or so before, no wonder I made such bad choices! Picking meals when you're hungry is NOT a good idea!

Brunch - SW breakfast - fried egg, bacon, tomato and beans
Snack - chewy D (hexb)
Tea - Pasta with passata, mushrooms, onion, basil and mozarella (hexa + syns)
Snacks - Fruit

Should be quite a yummy food day really, looking forward to it! Determined to do more cooking if I can and mix my meals up a bit more this week. I'm getting a little bored with some of my old staples so will be nice to introduce some new stuff. Seeing some of the lovely recipes in peoples diaries has given me a kick up the bum to get started with cooking. But before I try anything radical I'm going to get Chris to teach me how to put the oven on... baby steps! :D

Right... trying my interview outfit on and then off in the shower. Feeling so nervous already, like I've got a big knot in my stomach. I'm glad Chris has the afternoon off to come with me. The uni put on a talk for our 'guests' while we have the assessment, so hopefully it won't be too dull for him! Oh who am I kidding? He'll be bored shitless! :D

Well done on another loss your doing great Bev love following your journey!

I was even slightly anxious to know how you got on today lol Powers of the internet eh i know how big a challenge this is to shift what we want to shift (27 stone between us we wanna lose) Always here to support :)

Back