From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Yes good luck with the interview x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've said it before. Your gonna ace the interview xxx

you won't need luck for the interview as they would have to be mad not to pick you xx

Hope the interview goes well!!

I know how annoying a half pound off is at WI but you and I both know that pre *week WI always sucks! And that next WI will probably be huge ;) I usually get a gain pre WI so be glad it isnt a totally wasted week!
Funny that you felt physically lighter! 6st down and I still dont at all lol!!

You mentioned Tallin a few posts back- my friend who used to live in Prague moved there randomly and ABSOLUTELY LOVES it!! Isnt that weird sycronicity? Prague (your wedding venue!) to Tallin ;) I am going to visit him there at some point too- he said in autumn it is phenominally beautiful there! The low light and colouful leaves... See you there? ;) haha! Also day trip to Helsinki sounds so cool!
X

Good luck for today Bev, you'll do great I'm sure!

I have just noticed that you lost 4lb last week whereas I gained 4lb. You lost ½lb this week and.... yep, I gained ½lb! Please stop passing on your losses to me :p x

Thanks for all the best wishes! I think it went well today, though not sure as the maths test was pretty awful. I guess that's to be expected after not doing maths for 12 years though, last touched a maths text book when I was 15! Interview and group task went great though so hopefully it balances all out.

To be honest I was quite surprised as I actually preferred the Derby campus to the Sheffield Hallam one where I went today. Plus the placements at Derby will either be in Derby or Nottingham which isn't too far, while the Hallam ones can be hours away. Once you're given a placement its impossible to change things, so if I was given the short straw at Sheffield and landed up in Boston (not the American one) I'd be travelling around 3 hours each way! Just not do-able really for me, so seriously considering accepting the Derby offer.. I've got another 3 months to mull things over though.

---

Suuuuper quick foodie update today, kinda hectic today. Wasn't able to eat from 10.30am to 6pm, so only manages 2 meals today. Tea was a filling one though!

bigpastatea.jpg

Week 23, Day 2 - EE
Brunch - SW Breakfast - Fried egg, lean bacon, baked beans and tomatoes
Tea - Loyd Grossman pasta sauce ( 5 syns) with passata, mozzarella (hexa + 1 syn) and salad
Supper - Chewy D - hexb
Total - 6 syns

Weekly syns - 20/105

---

Just noticed I've forgot to reply to a couple of peeps, off to bed now as I'm feeling shattered but will reply tomorrow. Hope everyone has had a good day! x

Last edited:
It sounds like it went fairly well for you yesterday. I don't envy you with the maths test though! I hope it all works out and you get a placement that you want x

Bev - Thanks hun! I just wrote a huge reply and then my laptop rebooted on me, to be fair it might be for the best as I don't want to bore you silly about radiography ;)

Bizarre about the synchronised weight loss/gain thing. I've had the same losses as Emma for the past few weeks so I think you should blame her equally as much as me! :D Seriously though, hope you're okay with the gains. At least you know why with the meals out and stuff at the weekend. Now you've joined the gym I'm sure it'll help loads, at first though don't be too disheartened as I read somewhere you can hold onto more water to help repair the muscles!

Soph - That's crazy how you don't feel lighter when you've nearly lost 7 stone! :eek: I just wake up some mornings and feel like I weigh less, not that often, I guess its probably based on my PJ's feeling a bit looser and stuff. Clearly its not that accurate though if last weeks WI is to go by!

Yep as expected pre * week WI is complete rubbish! Grrrr! I just hope next week makes up for it, it usually does but I'm still crossing my fingers and being extra good this week!

Tallin sounds amazing, really hope I can get over there this year. Bet the light quality is amazing for photos. It was beautiful light in Prague too, although my camera isn't that great so didn't really capture it. In the afternoons it felt like everything was filtered with a pinky/amber glow, gorgeous!

Arghh just talking about travelling makes me want to get on a plane! It's tough combining my travel bug with trying to save for uni and the wedding. I need to put those as my top priority this year, not to mention clearing the credit card :rolleyes:, but once the open uni course is done with in June and after that there's nothing to stop me doing extra overtime to pay for it, so fingers crossed!

Jason (JMA)
- WOW! 27 stone between us, that's crazyyy! That's like losing 3 x 9 stone women :eek: Just brings it home how much we are trying to achieve here!

I'm the same with wondering how everyone has got on when it's WI and crossing my fingers! It feels like we're all in this together which is nice. In my group there's no-one with as much to lose as me (except one poor woman who seems to gain every week and blames it on water retention!) so its encouraging to see other people in a similar boat losing the weight though diet rather than a gastric band. I was horrified the other day when I saw a programme on the telly about a woman who was 22 stone having a gastric band. It's crazy to think I was 3 stone heavier than that!! Every day I'm so incredibly glad I found slimming world!

---------------------------------------------------

Getting cracking writing up the coursework today. Got a week to the deadline so I'm pretty much going to be flat out until then. I'm going to make the time to post my daily food update, I need the accountability, but other than that don't worry if I'm a bit AWOL from the site. All work and no play for me I'm afraid 'til its submitted. Having said that I'm generally the queen of procrastination so I'm sure I'll still be around a bit! :D

Well TMI time! Feeling annoyed as * week still hasn't come to town yet despite stomach cramps, it'd better be out of the way with for Tuesday, reeeeally want a decent loss! :p

Week 23, Day 3 - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Lunch - Tuna mayo (4 syns) jacket potato (hexb) with side salad of tomato, beetroot, cucumber, boiled egg and sweetcorn - 4 syns
Tea - Feta (hexa) salad with olives, tomatoes and cucumber - 1.5 syns (hopefully, depends if I can be bothered to go out to shops! Will edit later)
Snacks - 2 x mini babybel (hexa), muller
Supper - 2 x ryvitta and philly with tomatoes - 6 syns
Total syns - 11.5 syns

Weekly syns - 31.5/105

161lunch.jpgtea1601.jpg

Seeing everyone else doing so fabby with their exercise has made me feel like I need to get involved. Although I'm having good losses still without exercise I know that'll slow down eventually. I'm prepared the first few weeks might be a bit dodgy for weight loss as my body gets used to the new routine, but hopefully after that it'll go back to normal. Plus I'll have all the benefits of inch loss and starting to get a bit more toned etc.

Set myself a challenge from next Wed to get back into exercise again. Starting slow and steady and aiming for a walk 3 - 5 times a week, then 10 days later when I start my new job I'm going to incorporate the swimming again too. I was so psyched for the swimming last year and really up for the Great North Swim, then I found out it was when my exam is on and I kinda got a bit deflated, especially as it really slowed my weight loss. Determined to get back into it again now, I feel so good after I've been.

Made another NSV choice too! Rather than paying £40 a month for a parking permit near work I've decided to park 15-20 minutes away and walk into the city centre each day. It'll give me 30-40 minutes or so exercise each day AND save me money. Can't go wrong with that really - 2.5 - 3hrs walking a week AND money in my pocket! Get in! :D

Right, I've put off this Biology coursework as long as possible with my epic post. Happy hump day peeps! xx

Last edited:
Great job choosing to park further and walk! I have also made he choices not to bus the 12 min walk to the tube (how bloody lazy was I! And at £1.35 per bus...!) but it makes a difference! Saving money but also moving more and feeling good about it :D

I know you want to save fort he wedding but you'll get paid for your course! Tallin is probably a really cheap holiday!! ;) *bad influence!!*
I can imagine the pinkish light in Prague :D you'll be wed under that sooooon! :D

Interesting that seeing the campuses has changed your views a bit... Seems like you had formed quite an attachment to the idea of Hallam but that your head and heart want Derby now! Dont feel like a hypocrite to your own feelings as you gain more knowledge and vibes! The course will be great wherever you are but you have to choose where feels right- distance or just vibes!
X

I was horrified the other day when I saw a programme on the telly about a woman who was 22 stone having a gastric band. It's crazy to think I was 3 stone heavier than that!! Every day I'm so incredibly glad I found slimming world!

I watched that programme too, and was just as mortified. 22 stone should not be an acceptable weight to be accepted for a gastric band. Slimming World members are a prime example that it is possible to lose weight without any surgery. I felt like shouting at the tele when she was eating Mars bars etc, and then twineing that she was overweight.... Duh! :rolleyes:

Anywho, congrats on the NSV choice, that's very inspirational :)

Have a nice afternoon.

I watched that programme too, and was just as mortified. 22 stone should not be an acceptable weight to be accepted for a gastric band. Slimming World members are a prime example that it is possible to lose weight without any surgery. I felt like shouting at the tele when she was eating Mars bars etc, and then twineing that she was overweight.... Duh! :rolleyes:

Anywho, congrats on the NSV choice, that's very inspirational :)

Have a nice afternoon.

Being devils advocate here (please don't throw things at me). Sometimes people are at the limit, mental health problems, health problems. Yes 22 stone doesn't sound like much but how tall was she. 22 stone on a 5ft woman is a lot worse the 22 stone on a 5 ft 7 woman IYKWIM. Sometimes these operations are a necessity rather then a cure.

I have 2 close friends that have had 'Surgery'. for one she was crippled with an autoimmune disorder, getting out of bed was impossible most days and when she did she used crutches or a wheel chair. She didn't eat 'badly' but could have maybe ate cleaner. she was 20 stone when she was referred in, only just qualified. She's now 3 years post op, shes down at 12 st (the lightest I've ever known her to be), taking a quarter of the medications she was previously, managing to exercise (light gym ) 3-5 times per week, haven't seen her in a wheel chair in a year and last time I spoke to her she was starting her first job in 15 years.
The other got the size she got by being greedy. Daddy paid for her op and yes shes a lot slimmer now but she's ccreeping up again.

I'm not a huge fan of surgery per se from a clinical point of view they are risky procedures however, it is not for people to judge. We all have a demon of one description or another and none of us would be here if it wasn't for the fact for whatever reason we ate wrong things or more of things than we should and didnt move as much to burn it off. If it was as simple as not eating the mars bar not one of us would be here to discuss and support x

Skinny Jeans - It was a uni interview for Diagnostic Radiography, I've already been accepted at 2 other uni's so just got to see if I hear back from the one I went to yesterday, then can make my mind up! *fingers crossed*

Soph - Stop tempting meee!! LOL! It'll probably happen anyway 'cos I'd quite happily do overtime for a couple of months to pay for it. Besides, by September I'll be experiencing MEGA seatbelt slack, seeing your pics gave me seatbelt slack envy! :p Plus Chris has said he's gonna put his bonus towards the wedding and he usually gets a pretty decent one, so fingers crossed I can justify it!

Its so hard with the uni thing as I'll be spending the next 3 years of my life wherever I choose so I've gotta get it right. I prefer Derby uni but I want to work in a Sheffield hospital when I've qualified so I dunno what's best :confused:. Haven't got to decide 'til May so I think I'll go on the open days to make sure. If Sheffield don't make me an offer it'll be pretty easy!

Emma/Babycakes - Ahh the gastric band debate! This is always a controversial one and I really try not to judge anyone, stay open minded and understand both points of view. I think there are definitely some cases when a gastric band is hugely beneficial to someone and might even save their life, but for most people I honestly think diet and exercise is the best solution. No-one should have to go through life threatening and life altering surgery that doesn't address the underlying psychological issues, unless it's their only hope. I'm sure most people would agree with me on that.

Personally for me, even at almost 25 stone I never even considered a gastric band. I knew exactly why I was fat (the amount of crap I ate) and I knew exactly how to resolve it (healthy diet and some exercise). I wasn't someone who was 25 stone and deeply unhappy in life, I've always been happy (the odd bout of depression, but nothing size related) and I think in a way that's why I got to the size I did. If I was deeply miserable with myself I'd have started sooner.

Sounds crazy when I say this now, but initially the main reason I decided to lose weight wasn't for my health or to look good like most people, but so I could be a radiographer!! I knew at 25 stone I wouldn't pass the medical assessment to get on the course and that's what pushed me to try and lose weight! Now of course I realise it's the best thing I've ever done, but it still took getting to the point where if I didn't act my weight would genuinely restrict my life, before I started to change my ways.

Anyway I'm going off on a tangent here! The point is I don't think I'm your 'typical' morbidly obese person, if there is such a thing. I don't have any kind of deep self loathing, I find sticking to a diet (or SW at least) relatively easily, I don't really 'do' emotional eating and I generally have consistent losses. I imagine I'm quite lucky so I recognise that a lot of people have a harder time when it comes to weight loss than I do.

It must be horrific to be trapped in a body you can't stand, especially if the only way you feel able to deal with your self loathing is to comfort eat. I just can't comprehend how horrible that would be. So I try and keep an open mind, I really do. But sometimes I honestly don't understand why people get gastric bands. My prime example is a friend of Chris's who paid 5k privately to have one, when she was already a SIZE 14!!!! I don't know how much she weighed but Chris has said she's lost 3 stone since. But to me she was pretty much normal, you'd never look at her and think she was big. She must have JUST been in the overweight range or something. Now when she goes out she can hardly eat anything, she gets terrible stomach pains and is on loads of medication. I just think WHYYYYY! Of course in the circumstances Babycakes mentioned when someone was bed bound I can completely see why it'd help, but Chris's friend probably needed to lose 2 stone (she looks underweight now) so I have no idea why she'd choose to have life threatening surgery as a single mum. It's truly bizarre!

Anyway, sorry for rambling! Back to work I go after my epic procrastination....:rolleyes:

Back