From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Well done you. I'm a student odp so have placement down in MRI, you will be joining the realms of nhs bursaries.
Without teaching you to suck eggs one bit of advice I can give (I really apologise if I'm telling you something you know) do not be late getting your bursary forms in. Ppl on my course who missed deadline have only just got there's 4 months late, they are a nightmare if you miss the deadline xxx

Skinnyjeans - Thanks hun, will definitely have to bear that in mind. Don't think I can apply for it 'til I've accepted an offer, but definitely don't want to be waiting months for it!

---

Just had an amazing thought. It's my birthday in August (so 3-4 stone away) and I was thinking I'll FINALLY be able to go to Alton Towers and go on the rides!! Such an exciting thought as I LOVE LOVE LOVE rollercoasters but can't remember the last time I had the guts to go on one. I've been too scared of not fitting in the seats to even try! So good that in a few stones time I won't have any of that to worry about any more.

Hey, of course I understand babycakes point :) I was just stating my opinion. Didn't want to start a debate about it. I will always recommend anyone to lead the Slimming World lifestyle, whether fat, thin, small or giant. Healthy eating is eveeywhere anyway, but SW makes it so muxh easier to control.

Bevvy, yay for Alton Towers :D it's amazing! I love rides too. You have so much to look forward to, 2014 is going to be a good year.

Skinnyjeans - Thanks hun, will definitely have to bear that in mind. Don't think I can apply for it 'til I've accepted an offer, but definitely don't want to be waiting months for it!

---

Just had an amazing thought. It's my birthday in August (so 3-4 stone away) and I was thinking I'll FINALLY be able to go to Alton Towers and go on the rides!! Such an exciting thought as I LOVE LOVE LOVE rollercoasters but can't remember the last time I had the guts to go on one. I've been too scared of not fitting in the seats to even try! So good that in a few stones time I won't have any of that to worry about any more.

Opens about April bursary but its long winded and so worth getting it done and in.
What a wonderful year you will have x

Hey, of course I understand babycakes point :) I was just stating my opinion. Didn't want to start a debate about it. I will always recommend anyone to lead the Slimming World lifestyle, whether fat, thin, small or giant. Healthy eating is eveeywhere anyway, but SW makes it so muxh easier to control.

Bevvy, yay for Alton Towers :D it's amazing! I love rides too. You have so much to look forward to, 2014 is going to be a good year.

I know you wern't babes :p And i too am a massive SW advocate.

Yay to alton towers toooxxx

Alton Towers is awesome!

I admit at my biggest I'd started getting paranoid about not fitting into rides or them breaking under my weight which was a shame as I'd always loved theme parks... there is one at the end of my road haha! Might be able to visit again this year :)

Alton towers - woop!! What a great NSV that'll be!!
When I was 20st4 I got in the seats but it was getting v tight on one ride where they had to push the bar down with quite a bit of force to get a click! But I went in the 18's and it was much much better so you'll def be good by august :D awesome thing to look forward to!

If studyig at Derby is it less likely to get a job in Sheffield then? Do they take students from Hallam into Sheffield hospitals sorta thing?

I think if you did a budget estimation for Tallin you'd realise it is most probably a super cheap trip! ;) *tempt... tempt...* :D

The theme parks will be filled with former fatties this year! :D I've been too mortified to go since my (also big) friend went and told me horror stories! The bar on one of the rides wouldn't close. She had to get off in view of the whole ride, some of them laughing at her! Safe to say she was absolutely mortified and hasn't been back since, bless her.

Soph - That's awesome that you were all good on the rides in the 18's. Due to the height difference it hopefully means I'll be 'safe' by the 17's. Should definitely have made the 17's by summer so its all good! :) Still seems crazy though to think of me weighing any number under 20, these next few months will be awesome!

OMG you're like this wicked voice sitting on my shoulder whispering 'travel' over and over! Haha! :p Its a lot cheaper than I expected actually. 5 days with flights and decent accommodation works out about £400 in total, can't really go wrong for that! Once I've got back from Tunisia will be able to get it booked, could easily pay for the whole thing in a month which is pretty crazy! :eek:

With the uni thing at Sheffield 70% of the students get a job in the hospital where they did their placement, so I imagine it makes it easier to get a job in Sheffield. Having said that I'm not really worried about getting a job, there's a massive shortage of radiographers and for the last 10 years both Derby and Sheffield courses have had a 100% employment rate. When I went for an open day they were saying most graduates got 2-3 job offers, which is pretty insane!

I'm still hoping Sheffield make me an offer because I haven't ruled it out. Would make my life a lot easier for the next 3 years as I wouldn't have 1.5 hours driving each day. Hallam is literally a 5 minute drive for me, I could even walk in summer (probably won't like due to the MASSIVE hill in the way, but it's an option!:rolleyes:). I'm just glad I don't have to decide yet!

---
Having another study filled day today. Tonight off to visit Chris's parents and then coming back home to chill out with a movie and make a gorgeous salmon one pot - yum yum!

Can't wait 'til this coursework is out of the way with now. I miss my friends and having a social life!

Week 23, Day 4 - Red
Breakfast - apple
Lunch - Oat so simple golden syrup with milk (hexa) - 6.5 syns
Snack - Chewy D cereal bar (hexb) and kiwi fruit
Dinner - Salmon 'one pot' with asparagus, little tomatoes, new potatoes (hexb)and garlic butter - 5 syns
Supper - Muller
Total - 11.5 syns

Weekly syns - 42/105

I was going to have salad for lunch but had serious porridge cravings so in the end thought, what the hell! I've got the syns free and it actually felt like a real treat. I don't think porridge ever tasted that good pre-SW!

Can't wait for tea, haven't had my salmon one pot in ages. This is the recipe for anyone interested, it really is absolutely GORGEOUS! Salmon is half price too atm in Tesco, get in! One-pan salmon with roast asparagus | BBC Good Food

Right back to work for me... Happy Friday!

Last edited:
Hee hee.... I would loose weight just so I dont have to go on a roller-coaster... you so brave lol

Ooh that salmon one-pot looks lush! Think that might make it onto next week's menu! xx

It's honestly gorgeous hun, highly recommend! This is what it looked like last time we made it. One lot of the salmon has a little chilli butter on and the other half has garlic butter, still tastes lovely without! Decided to have it tonight instead of a takeaway and I'm looking forward to it much more, only 5 syns (and that's with the butter) and zero guilt! :)

salmondish.jpg

Princess - Haha, the fear is part of the fun for me. I just love that adrenaline rush!

----

Arghh I'm meant to be working but keep getting distracted. Determined to get the draft of this essay done today!

OMG had to reply when I read about your friend's themepark horror stories!!

I went to the Pleasure Beach last year and couldn't get on the Pepsi Max. Same situation as with your friend got made to go off in front of everyone. To top it off after that we went on a dark indoor water ride called the Valhalla and the bloody thing sank in the pitch black!!! Had to be "rescued" and the manager gave us staff trousers. It was awful she gave me the biggest pair she had and they would barely go over my knees!! Vowed never to go back to a themepark till I'm a normal size. Love them aswell! Most depressing thing is I wasn't even at my heaviest then!

OMG, that sounds horrible hun. You must have been mortified! I'm sooo glad I didn't have to go through that, it'd have given me nightmares!

Imagine how great it'll feel when you've lost the weight and can go back on those rides without any worries! :)

I was at a theme park with a friend who they couldnt get the bar down on- everyone was held up like 55 mins (including the car behind waiting to get off) and eventually they told him to get off :/ I was mortified for him!

Honestly though, I was fine on all the rides at 20st in Alton Towers so I'm sure you are safe from 19.5, 18 will give you comfort though! ;) besides, you carry like 2st on your boobs that I carried on my ass (which was squeezing into the seats!) so probably would fit perfectly already ;)

5 min drive does sound more appealing! Wow, re: 2-3 job offers :O

Hope you enjoyed your salmon! How did you make the one pot thing?

*whispers* Travel... Travel! ;)

I'll add to Soph.....

Travel.....travel......!

I used to absolutely LOVE theme parks but about 10 years ago I just started finding them scary, I can't do rides any more and I don't know why! My daughter made me go on one at the seaside with her and I thought I was going to die, it was only a kids one!

Glad to read the interview went well hun, sounds like you might get to have the pick of the bunch. My brothers girlfriend is a med student and she was turned down 3 years running before having unconditional offers from 2 places at the same time, weird eh? It would be a great situation to be able to choose which one you want to go to :D

I've got a thing about Salmon at the moment, just wish it wasn't so expensive. What I do with mine is lay it on a pack choi leaf, spread a teaspoon of honey and a tea spoon of soy sauce over it, put another pak choi leaf on top, loosely wrap in foil and oven for 20 mins and then add veg and noodles, probably one of my current faves! Hope you have a great weekend hun x

Travel! Travel!

Jody and I are the travel bullyibg demons ;)
I love salmon! You can put anything on it and it comes out great :D I sometimes crush a stock cube over one before grilling and a bit of lemon juice- yummy! But aromat and maggi are great on it too!!,

Jody - Haha, oh no, not another one joining in with the wicked voices on my shoulder! :D To be honest I'm pretty much convinced about Tallin anyway, it's such a bargain and I've never been anywhere Baltic/Scandinavian before so will be a complete change.

Try Tesco, they have salmon on offer half price (£1.50) at the fish counter! I absolutely love it but don't have it often due to the cost so will be making the most of that offer! Your recipe sounds yummy, although I have no idea what a pak choi leaf is! (presumably leafy oriental veg?)

Wow, I bet your bro's GF was so relieved when she finally got in. Must have been heartbreaking getting rejected 2 years in a row, fantastic that she's so dedicated though ad finally got a place. I actually applied for nursing the year before last but got rejected, pretty gutting tbh but it helped me realise I was much more suited to radiography. I love the patient side of it but also the technology/science that I'll be more involved with in Rad.

Soph - Aromat and maggi? You've lost me again! I seriously need to learn to cook better and try some more exotic ingredients!! :rolleyes:

----

Well after another crappy sleep (standard!) I'm going to be spending the afternoon on yet more coursework. Chris is out for the afternoon with his friend at the pics, so at least I have the house to myself 'till 6ish when they get back for evening drinkies. Haven't met his friend properly before as he's been travelling the world and then living in India for the last 4 months, so should be a pretty interesting night learning about his adventures! Thankfully I won't be tempted by the booze as offered to drive his mate home after, so it'll be a night of Pepsi Max for me. I'm not too bothered though as I don't want a hangover tomorrow when I'm doing coursework!

Food is gonna be pretty basic red day today as I haven't got much time to cook - so jacket potato, pre-made salad etc. Just realised it's the 4th red day of the week! Hopefully that'll mean an extra fabby loss next week (though * week still isn't here, grr).

Week 23, Day 5 - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Lunch - Jacket potato (hexb) with tuna mayo (4 syns) and cheese (hexa), coleslaw ( 4 syns) side salad, cucumber and tomatoes with a little dressing (2 syns) - 10 syns
Tea - Feta (hexa) salad with olives (1.5 syns), cucumber, tomato and fat free dressing - 1.5 syns
Supper - muller
Drinks - pepsi - 7 syns (opened wrong can, couldn't resist when I realised = plonker!!)

Total - 18.5 syns
Weekly syns - 58.5/105

lunch18114.jpgtea1601.jpg

(used same feta salad pic as the other day as it's exactly the same)

Last edited:
It is indeed a leafy oriental veg thing! Normally on the 3 for £4 veg offer at Tesco, whatever leaves I don't use I just chop up and add to the veg mix :D Didn't know Salmon was on offer at counter, might have to make an extra trip just to get some although I am tempted to try some of the canned salmon as that's supposed to be quite good!

Back