From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow. I'm hoping for a better weigh in for both of us this week, better than 0.5 lbs anyway!

Agreed, I had 0.5lb last week too, must've been cursed. Hope we all do brilliantly!

Thanks ladies, lets hope we can all shake off the curse of 0.5lbs this week. Hopefully we'll be due a decent loss. Gotta say im pretty nervous though, i'll be gutted if I have a crappy loss again after trying so hard for these last two weeks.

Good luck for tomorrow!

I wonder as a lot of people seem to be struggling a bit to lose despite being on plan, whether its to do with eating a bit more over christmas, then like a big push to be "good" in January I wonder if our bodies are just catching up with themselves or something?

Fingers crossed for a good loss, it might bode well that my scales will start shifting again! xx

Mrs Ginger - Yeah you might be onto something with that. Must be confusing for our bodies having that spike of calories at Christmas and then going down to an extra restrictive month! Glad your scales have started to shift in the right direction.

I know that some weeks losses aren't going to be as good as I hope for, but on the plus side I do have those weeks where I do better than I expect too. I'm just so desperate to get out of these 20's now that it's even more annoying. I'm trying to drink LOADS today to get rid of as much water weight as I can. Bizarre how in order to lose water we have to drink even more to trick our bodies into releasing it!

I'm desperate to get under 100 kg. .. I sneaky weighed today and it was 100.2 when it was 100 dead on Friday. .. meh!

I'm sure you will be in the 19's soon I bet that will be a massive boost :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good luck for tomorrow!

I wonder as a lot of people seem to be struggling a bit to lose despite being on plan, whether its to do with eating a bit more over christmas, then like a big push to be "good" in January I wonder if our bodies are just catching up with themselves or something?

Fingers crossed for a good loss, it might bode well that my scales will start shifting again! xx

Mrs Ginger - Yeah you might be onto something with that. Must be confusing for our bodies having that spike of calories at Christmas and then going down to an extra restrictive month! Glad your scales have started to shift in the right direction.

I know that some weeks losses aren't going to be as good as I hope for, but on the plus side I do have those weeks where I do better than I expect too. I'm just so desperate to get out of these 20's now that it's even more annoying. I'm trying to drink LOADS today to get rid of as much water weight as I can. Bizarre how in order to lose water we have to drink even more to trick our bodies into releasing it!

This has definitely happened to me the last couple of weeks! But I was lucky to not put anything on over xmas so can't complain lol x

Good luck for WI xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

One pound off - ugh. Bit gutted tbh. I seem to lose more on the weeks I go out for meals than I do on my 100% weeks!

The body is mind boggling isn't it. I know you were hoping for a better loss but at least it's coming off, those small numbers soon add up to big numbers. Keep your chin up xx

One pound off - ugh. Bit gutted tbh. I seem to lose more on the weeks I go out for meals than I do on my 100% weeks!

Ah, that's a pity, hate that deflated feeling! But you're still moving in the right way xx

I'm the same, weeks that I am more relaxed, eat out etc I seem to be able to balance it out by the time w/i comes around. Then other weeks I'll have been much more organised and SW conscious and I don't do as well as I hope. I reckon on weeks I've been off plan a bit, not the whole week, I am always shocked and delighted to lose anything. So, when I put in a great week and don't get the loss I'm expecting, I feel cheated. Cos surely if I can get a pound off after having a chipper for dinner, I should get 3 off when I've stuck to veggies and quorn?!

But it doesn't work like that, so I've to learn to be an adult (ha!) and accept that any loss is good!

Aw man, you'll get your mega post *week loss next week hopefully :)

Well done on the loss Bev I know how you are feeling but I know you will remain positive and produce a big number next week and get your 4.5 stone :)

Awww but it's still a loss :) and like tetri said I'm sure there's more to come next week xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks guys, posted that just after WI when I was feeling a bit p*ssed off! I don't like to be negative because any loss is a good thing, I'm just getting so frustrated by the small losses as compared to how I used to be I'm sticking to plan better than ever. Wouldn't mind if I was close to target as I'd be expecting it, but with 8 stone odd left to lose I should be having bigger numbers. On the plus side at WI the number did flicker a bit into the pound below, so hopefully that bodes well for next week. Like everyone has said, at least it's a step in the right direction.

Spoke to Chris about it and he thinks some days I'm actually not eating enough. Like yesterday where I had one slice of toast, 1/3 a tin of beans and 2 poached eggs for breakfast AND lunch. Can kinda see his point really, don't want my body going into starvation mode. I'll be eating out a few times this week anyway, carvery on Thursday and Indian Saturday night. So hopefully the mix of high/low days will help shake things up a bit.

Also soon as this coursework is done and out of the way with tomorrow I'm starting back exercising. Determined to get the 2lbs I need this week for my next award. Either way, I'm not going to be deterred, I'm in this for the long haul. Just seriously craving a big loss again!

So yeah, plan for the week is to shake things up a bit, boost my metabolism and do lots of walking! The more bumps in the road, the more determined I get. You don't lose over 10 stone without a few bad weeks and hiccups, need to try and remember that and not get so angry when I lose a pound!

----

Week 24, Day 1 - EE
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Lunch - Morrisons salad bar - Tuna pasta mayo (3 syns), tomatoes, sweetcorn, cucumber, boiled egg, beetroot, grated carrot
Tea - Quorn spag bol (5 syns for sauce)
Snacks - 2 x mini babybel (hexa), muller, 3 squares of chocolate (4 syns)
Total - 12 syns

Weekly syns - 12/105

---
Right, it's the day before coursework deadline so I've just done a big shop and now barricading myself in the bedroom 'til the bloody thing is done. Thinking about it I've hardly gone out this last week, just been sat on my ass studying, that can't have helped things weight loss wise.

Have a good day and good luck to all the Tuesday weighers! xx

Last edited:
I know how disheartening it is to get a small loss when we work so hard. The body does confuse me cos you never know which way it's goin to go. I get so nervous b4 WI and thats at home using my own scales.

I've just signed up to do a nutrition course so hopefully that may give me more insight into how the body works.

Keep at it xx

aww Bev....you know what i'm about to say...so i won't lol...just keep going, i know it's hard when we don't lose half a stone a week (or at least 4lbs) - which is what we want lol...you're doing great xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back