From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Yesss! She was dead happy which was awesome. Felt so good to tell someone other than family! She's gonna come wedding dress shopping with me too which is awesome! :)

Dress shopping is sooo exciting!! I spent months going out with my bridesmaids trying on dresses and ended up getting the very first one I tried on months before... And it was £300 off cause it was in the sale :) You'll have a blast I found it brought me n my girlies closer xx

I loved dress shopping it's amazing! I could happily make a career out of it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey hun! Congrats again on Hallam- must feel great to have made the decision!

I think you overthink the calories thing way too much... You dont go hungry, you eat when you need to, etc. SW guidelines work, it is good to eat low cal and have a nice treat like carvery sometimes!
I'm just saying this because reading up on the fast days and how damn healthy it is to do 2-3 days a week of only 500cal - no matter what your weight! I'm not really doing them as it is serious effort and I love food :p but still, it is actually healthy to have low calorie days, for more than just weight loss but for letting your liver etc detox.
It is so easy to get bogged down by not getting the loss you wanted but upping your calories for the sake of it isnt going to make you lose more :/ it doesnt make logical sense. Have treat days, yes, but unless you are doing vigerous exercise, pushing yourself to have more calories isnt the solution.

I often had 1lb losses and STS's at 20st too, it would drive me mad! My first two weeks on SW I only lost 2lbs at each-!! But once a month there is always that juicy 4 or 5 off! If you look at your monthly losses and average it out, it helps ease that frustration. My losses havent slowed down- it has steadily been 6-7lbs off a month since 20st... So dont worry about it slowing down etc, just look at the pattern your body loses in and relax a bit. Mine is usually: +1 (*week), -4, -2, -1, repeat.
Eat however much you need, dont scrutinize over the calories... If you need more calories your body will tell you with hunger and fatigue. :eek:

You are doing so well but I know too well how easy it is to overcomplicate things and stress about losses! I wish someone had slapped me when I used to obsess. I know how desperate you are to get closer to goal but just trust the process :) SW want happy customers so if they thoyght here was a risk of people undereating while being full on their plan (and thus not losing as well) they'd put a warning somewhere in the books! If you get a month of crap losses then it's time to change it up, but I feel a big loss coming your way in the next coupla weeks :D
But really it comes down to: our bodies our bloody weird! so dont beat yourself up over a small loss and try and find a solution/reason for it... You'll probably get a nice surprise loss week after a hol when you expect a gain to compensate ;) that's what I had and then I got cocky and gained LOL
X

Soph - Me over-think things?! Never! ;):p Haha, I'm the complete QUEEN of over-thinking so totally understand where you're coming from! Sometimes this whole process is *soooo* confusing! I'd just about learnt from experience not to stress out about one bad week, because the next week is always a decent loss, then I get a -0.5 and a -1 two weeks in a row and start freaking out again! Plus it's at the beginning of Jan where I've decided I'm 'going for it' and cut out the weekly takeaway, the odd meal out etc and go super strict in an effort to lose weight faster. It's like my body is rebelling against it.

* week STILL hasn't turned up, about 10 days late now. I was so freaked out the other day that (despite contraception) I took a pregnancy test, I knew it'd be negative and thankfully it was, but my * week has never been so out of whack before. It can vary by a few days, but not 10! :confused: So God knows what's going on with my body at the moment. Hopefully all the stress of uni stuff/coursework has just messed things up a bit and I'll be back on track soon.

I'm starting to think by not eating as much as I was before Jan that I've put my body into mild 'starvation mode'. Though I don't really know enough about it to say for sure. Like you say, surely the SW books would give some kind of warning, although they seem too concerned with telling us to eat unlimited portions of 'free' food! :D The other day I looked back on my WI results and the weeks I've had the high and low days I managed the biggest losses. So although I've increased calories yesterday, today a low red day is on the cards. It might not work, it might work. I'm just gonna re-assess things at WI. Worst case scenario I end up gaining (though calorie wise I don't think that'll happen), but I'll just chalk it up to experience and move on.

You're right, I'm not gonna have great losses every week, like you I definitely have that post * week big loss, which is great. Except this month it looks like * week has buggered off totally! :rolleyes: I shouldn't really complain, looking at this months WI's I've still lost 5.5lbs in 3 weeks, really need to get out of this impatient mode! I guess in the back of my mind I'm still scared I won't lose the weight and I'll hover above 20st for the rest of my life. Which of course is ridiculous if I stick to plan, but getting into those 19's is such a big deal for me.

I'll be honest, I know absolutely ZERO about fasting, will have to have a read into it. I've tried the Cambridge diet before (550 calories) and it was bloody horrible, felt sooo weak all the time! Although that's totally different from the odd fast day I guess. With the high/low days I'm kinda doing my own version of 5:2 in a way, except it's more like 4:3 with higher calories! :rolleyes:

Even Chris has told me off this week for obsessing so you're not the only one. I just need to get on with life and stop over-analysing the food thing. A decent loss at next WI (I'd even be over the moon with 2lbs!) and I'm sure I'll feel loads better. I really hope I can stop over-analysing stuff, time wise I've still got over a year of losing weight ahead of me, I want to enjoy it instead of getting obsessed!

------

Well swimming and 30 squats done for the day. Only stayed in the pool 30 mins but got 30 lengths done, which is a start at least!

Also had a major NSV moment last night - FINALLY told Chris my weight! While I have no problem discussing it with you guys, no-one in my 'real' life had any idea of my weight. Chris had pretty much guessed from what I'd said before anyway, but he really doesn't think I need to lose another 8 stone like the BMI chart says. Will just re-assess as I get closer to goal, but I'd love to be in the 'normal' BMI range. Can't see me being happy calling target with an overweight BMI though tbh! Anyway talking about what my target will be at this stage is like catching the wind, completely pointless.

Low red day today:

Week 24, Day 4 - Red
Breakfast - apple
Lunch - 3 x ryvitta (hexb) with philly (hexa) and chopped tomatoes
Snack - muller, 2 x babybel (hexa)
Tea - Roast chicken subway salad with olives (2 syns), peppers, onions, sweetcorn, lettuce, dressing (4 syns) - 6 syns
Snacks - Chewy D (hexb), grapes
Total - 6 syns
Weekly syns - 43.5/105
Rough calorie estimate - 1100

Writing some legal letters for Chris's Mum this afternoon. Picking Chris up from work at 5, buying a big sack of organic cat food from the cattery (they love it so much more than the stuff from the shops!) and then heading of to visit his mum and dad. Chris has his first WI tonight on his mum's scales (he's trying to lose a bit of weight, was 15st 12lbs last week) and after that we're having Subway and seeing 12 years a Slave. Should be a nice start to the weekend! :)

Last edited:
Hey Cheese Thief!

I've just spent the last week (when quiet in work! :coffee:) reading your diary - **WOW!** I'm just going to echo everyone else's comments on here and say how well you're doing. I know you were a bit down about your last weigh-in but I honestly think you are doing brilliantly. Its only human to have some weeks that aren't so great, and I know I get really stroppy when that happens, but then I calm down a bit and try to look at the bigger picture.

I've been a WW girl FOREVER!! I first did WW about 14 years ago when I weighed 13st 5.5lbs, and got down to 10st 3lbs. Not too long after getting to that weight, I did a bit of travelling in Australia, then met my now husband and the weight started to creep back on. Since getting married and having an amazing daughter, I weigh more than EVER!! At my first official weigh-in (although only doing them at home) I was 16st 6.75lbs. And I'm short at 5ft 2 (hobbit height, according to my hubby!) so it REALLY shows!! I have been cutting back and eating way healthier over the last 3 weeks and have lost 8lbs in 2 weeks (next weigh-in on Monday). I am sort of going more by SW "rules" than WW at the mo as I feel I need to shake things up a bit, and my sister is doing really well on SW so taking a leaf outta her book! Cuz its my own "diet" I'm not attending a group but considering it as I know would get a buzz from getting certificates and things!!! :character00100:

Anyway, I've hijacked your diary with my own story for long enough (sorry!) but again just want to say well done on all of your accomplishments (weight loss, jobs, holidays, weddings, uni, etc. etc.!!!) - you're very inspirational and you motivate me to stick at my healthy eating when I'm really not feeling it, so thank you! :thankyou:

At least we can start organising a kick ass hen do though.....No willies, handcuffs or strippers in sight!! I'm thinking a weekend in London, Liverpool or Dublin...

My hen do was just a day thing but my absolute no-no was all the tacky crap you're supposed to have.

I went for a compete juxtaposition in the end - non girly v girly. Went tank driving in the morning and had afternoon tea in the afternoon. It was ace!

:cool:

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ron - Aww thanks so much for being so lovely, bless ya! :eek: Hope things go well for you, sounds like you've got a plan what works for you and the determination to stick to it. Well done on your loss so far. Do you have a diary I can follow? x

Amanda - your hen day sounds fab! Bet the tanks were so much fun! Tbh I'm thinking a day thing might be better, it's just so hard getting everyone together for a long weekend with work commitments etc. Something like that would be brill, but definitely none of the tacky stuff! Makes me cringe when I watch those programmes. Fair enough if people enjoy it and have fun, but its not for me!

-----

Squats day 2 done and just had a shower.

Feeling back to my positive self today, really gonna try stop putting so much pressure on myself! I'm my own harshest critic sometimes.

Low cal red day was nice yesterday, bloody love those Subway salads so gonna grab one today before I meet my friend at the cinema. Off to see American Hustle, then visiting my parents before settling down for curry night with Chris and his mate. Should be a good day!

Week 24 - Day 5 - EE
Breakfast - Hi-fi bar - hexb
Lunch - Handmade burger - Chicken burger, tomato, cheese (hexa) and bread - 9 syns
Tea - Chicken tikka massala (14.5 syns), plain rice, poppadom (4 syns) half a naan bread (10 syns) - 28.5 syns
Total syns - 37.5
Weekly syns - 81

High syn day today, but I've made up for it earlier in the week so will have plenty left to get me though the rest of the week. Can't wait for my first curry of the year!
:)

Last edited:
Hi Cheese Theif, just read through your diary and subscribing! Congrats on everything you have achieved so far, really seems like you are changing your life as well as your weight.

And if you start the 30 day shred thing let me know, have just ordered it and I'm not sure i've ever felt more intimidated by a fitness DVD..

Hi Hun

Just read through part of your diary and have got some fab food idea and its helped me get my head around the whole HEA + B s

You have done amazingly well, and given me hope I can do the same.

Enjoy your curry :)

xxx

Amanda - your hen day sounds fab! Bet the tanks were so much fun! Tbh I'm thinking a day thing might be better, it's just so hard getting everyone together for a long weekend with work commitments etc. Something like that would be brill, but definitely none of the tacky stuff! Makes me cringe when I watch those programmes. Fair enough if people enjoy it and have fun, but its not for me!

It was pretty good, and because it was 2 activities people could do both or just one. I wanted something in the daytime because I didn't want to get hammered but also I have friends and family all over (I live in Nottinghamshire but am from Staffordshire) so didn't want people to have the added cost of having to stay overnight.

Tank driving was loads of fun but it was over quickly! You just drive a tank round a field once but I loved it. It was £38 each but I would do it again and the place I did it at does other things like clay pigeon shooting and go-karting. In fact if you wanted to do something like that it's probably not a million miles from you (I live near Mansfield which is between Sheffield & Nottingham) but chances are there's something like that nearer to you.

I think my hen day was much better than my husband's stag do. He panicked and stressed and decided to just go for meal. Boooooring! Also my dad and my brother couldn't make it because my husband didn't think about the fact the last train for them to get back to Stoke was about 7:30pm, so you have to consider all that sort of stuff.

The other good thing about my hen do was being able to invite colleagues and friends who weren't invited to the wedding. It was lovely to be able to involve them in it all somehow.

Omg I've just measured my bra size properly and im a 38 K!!! Wtf!! No wonder I have double boob, been wearing a 44 D/E for years! :eek: Where the hell can i find a bra that big?!

Most places do an extra size cup although K is pretty out there! At least your chest size is normal though - I went from a 40D up to 40F and my boobs seem to have shrunk overnight back to 40D but I find bras in shops tend to go up to 38D and the larger cup sizes are from DD up so it's a struggle. There will be somewhere that does it but alternatively you could wait a bit longer and see if your boobs drop a cup or two.

Been reading but not replying
- you're doing great.

I'm the same cup size bra and I get mine from bravissimo. You can order online and it's free returns if you don't have one near you.

I am a 40 K hun, I second Bravissimo xxxx

Omg I've just measured my bra size properly and im a 38 K!!! Wtf!! No wonder I have double boob, been wearing a 44 D/E for years! :eek: Where the hell can i find a bra that big?!

BLIMEY!!
I think as chest shrinks, cup size becomes bigger if the boobs aren't shrinking?
I'm a B cup (*sob* :p) but I've noticed that small chest bras like 30B the cups look WAY bigger than big chest bras like 40B...?!

38K- that's crazy :D glamour model kinda bust!

Back