From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Soph - Me over-think things?! Never! ;):p Haha, I'm the complete QUEEN of over-thinking so totally understand where you're coming from! Sometimes this whole process is *soooo* confusing! I'd just about learnt from experience not to stress out about one bad week, because the next week is always a decent loss, then I get a -0.5 and a -1 two weeks in a row and start freaking out again! Plus it's at the beginning of Jan where I've decided I'm 'going for it' and cut out the weekly takeaway, the odd meal out etc and go super strict in an effort to lose weight faster. It's like my body is rebelling against it.

* week STILL hasn't turned up, about 10 days late now. I was so freaked out the other day that (despite contraception) I took a pregnancy test, I knew it'd be negative and thankfully it was, but my * week has never been so out of whack before. It can vary by a few days, but not 10! :confused: So God knows what's going on with my body at the moment. Hopefully all the stress of uni stuff/coursework has just messed things up a bit and I'll be back on track soon.

I'm starting to think by not eating as much as I was before Jan that I've put my body into mild 'starvation mode'. Though I don't really know enough about it to say for sure. Like you say, surely the SW books would give some kind of warning, although they seem too concerned with telling us to eat unlimited portions of 'free' food! :D The other day I looked back on my WI results and the weeks I've had the high and low days I managed the biggest losses. So although I've increased calories yesterday, today a low red day is on the cards. It might not work, it might work. I'm just gonna re-assess things at WI. Worst case scenario I end up gaining (though calorie wise I don't think that'll happen), but I'll just chalk it up to experience and move on.

You're right, I'm not gonna have great losses every week, like you I definitely have that post * week big loss, which is great. Except this month it looks like * week has buggered off totally! :rolleyes: I shouldn't really complain, looking at this months WI's I've still lost 5.5lbs in 3 weeks, really need to get out of this impatient mode! I guess in the back of my mind I'm still scared I won't lose the weight and I'll hover above 20st for the rest of my life. Which of course is ridiculous if I stick to plan, but getting into those 19's is such a big deal for me.

I'll be honest, I know absolutely ZERO about fasting, will have to have a read into it. I've tried the Cambridge diet before (550 calories) and it was bloody horrible, felt sooo weak all the time! Although that's totally different from the odd fast day I guess. With the high/low days I'm kinda doing my own version of 5:2 in a way, except it's more like 4:3 with higher calories! :rolleyes:

Even Chris has told me off this week for obsessing so you're not the only one. I just need to get on with life and stop over-analysing the food thing. A decent loss at next WI (I'd even be over the moon with 2lbs!) and I'm sure I'll feel loads better. I really hope I can stop over-analysing stuff, time wise I've still got over a year of losing weight ahead of me, I want to enjoy it instead of getting obsessed!

I can totally TOTALLY relate to over-thinking/obsessing :D I mean, you've seen it all on my diary too LOL! So please don't take my comments here as bossy/hypocritical- I totally get that I do it too but support from others has helped me see it, y'know? :D

Anyway, I read the 5:2 book yesterday (the whole thing) and it's enlightened me a lot! I'm not suggesting you do 5:2- SW seems to suit you really well! I'm not even sure I'll be doing it but I'm giving it a go today to see how I feel; I am really REALLY sh*t scared that once I get to my final target I'll get complacent and put it all back on, so I'm trying 5:2 to see if it's something I could do later that can allow me to have naughty days and then cleanse them out, if that makes sense? I realised over xmas/Paris that I don't have much self control once I start being 'half' off plan, suddenly it became MUCH harder- even after the festive period! So 5:2 could help me there- we'll see!

Buuut (got side tracked lol!) what I wanted to share was something I read in that book about 'starvation mode' - it seems that a LOT of people think it is a total myth (that the body starts eating muscle when metabolism is slowed down from not having a proper breakfast etc) but in the book they say that this is something that doesn't occur until over 72hrs of not eating :p LOL! All this time I've been worried about not having a proper breakfast will stop my metabolism...
I was talking to Cheekychinchilla (a friend on my diary) about this as she just had to undertake a 3 day fast as part of a (quite horrific!) series of tests in hospital. She is usually an INCREDIBLY slow loser- like 1lb off a month if she's lucky (from 100% on plan SW!) and she lost 5lbs from the 3 day fast! So it just goes to show that undereating is not going to result in an STS! Clearly it didn't slow down her metabolism enough to prevent weight loss. She also got a 2lb loss the next week after two 5:2 days! So basically- eat what you need to, don't stress about the calories being too low some days as it's been working for you all along and no risk of going into starvation mode :)

The 5:2 book is all about these 500cal/600cal days etc (though actually to work out your cal allowance it is based on your BMR so 500cal/woman is based on a standard woman- I'm allowed 606cal!) and they talk about how a lot of people do alternate day fasting and lose a lot of weight that way. I'm not trying to get you to do 5:2, dont worry :D just explaining that from all this research- it's bonkers to blame slow losses on UNDER eating ;)
As I said before- I totally get the impatience thing- it's so hard to sit there waiting for stuff to happen when you've just realised that making this simple life change can get you the weight loss you want! It's like "Well, if I made THAT step towards losing weight, then what else can I do!?" it's totally understandable to think like this, but sometimes it's best to just step back and look at the big picture and relax yourself. You have SO much going on with uni interviews and work and all, try not to stress about food too :) you'll get your loss!

I had a *week scare around November or something where it was 2 weeks late and I was freaking out! I have always been quite irregular though. Weight loss can make our body act weirdly though... It could well be that you're retaining due to the build up though.
5.5lbs in 3 weeks is right on track if you get a 1.5lb for the 4th week- but I'm betting you'll get a bigger one! But yeah, it's good to step back and look at the chart and realising that the fluctations make it a real mind f*ck but it IS coming off at the same pace as before :)
I switched to entirely Red days in the summer when I realised EE and Green weren't really doing it for me anymore... I had about a 6 week plateau of gaining, STS, losing the gain- it was a real b*tch! That's when I switched to just Red, and now I see non red days as naughty :p but anyway, you're still doing great so don't worry about that yet!
x

Thanks for all the msgs guys, will reply properly tomorrow, just stopping by quickly to update todays noms!

Week 24, Day 6 - EE

Breakfast - Chewy D - hexa
Lunch - Morrisons salad - scoop of tuna mayo (3 syns) pasta, tomatoes, oriental coleslaw, sweetcorn, beetroot, cucumber
Snack - muller
Tea - Chicken, bacon, asparagus, green beans, philly (hexa) pasta dish
Snacks - grapes

Total - 3 syns
Weekly syns - 84/105

Last edited:
Hey!

I don't have a diary on here, my life is fairly dull! I mean, I enjoy it but sure others wouldn't wanna read about it! (most days are like this - get up, get daughter to preschool, do shopping and housework, get daughter, take her to mum or sister's house, go to work, get daughter, play with her, do bedtime routine, cook dinner, eat and catch up with hubby then bed! Not exactly thrilling reading!!) ;-) You have loads going on so your diary is great to read!!

My weigh day is tomorrow but I had a sneaky weigh this morning and I'm really jarred off cuz it's saying I've gained 2lbs! :-( I'm still hoping my weight fluctuates back down by tomorrow morning but I don't think that's gonna happen - we'll see!!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. x

Finally got time to get on here and properly reply to peeps!

Had a lovely weekend full of seeing friends, family, movies and eating yummy food. Probably a bit too much yummy food really, but it was all within syns so I'm not going to worry about it! Really making an effort to chill out a bit with the food stress and over-analysis, so long as I'm losing it's all good. Not quite sure chilling out should involve an 'effort' though, but I'll get there eventually! :D

Soph - Thanks for your mega post, some really interesting stuff. Never knew that about 'starvation mode', goes to show half of the things we hear about are just dieting mumbo jumbo! I should have known thinking I was under eating was too good to be true! Haha! Will be interesting to see how I get on tomorrow on the scales. Might be kinda thrown out by the fact * week has arrived today, but at least I can pretty much guarantee a decent loss next week! :)

5:2 sounds really interesting, gonna have to get that book! I can't see me doing it fully atm, but like you say it might be good for when I get to maintenance. I guess the part I'd have the problem with most is the fasting bit. Some of my low days I can eat like 700-800 calories if I'm having a cereal bar, salad and say omelette for tea, but I'd find it tough to go under that. When I did Cambridge it was these 3 drinks each day that added up to 550 cals. After the first few days I had literally ZERO hunger, but felt so weak that I came off it in the end. Having a detox/cleanse day once in a while is totally different though, bet it's actually quite nice. Still not ready to make any big changes, like you say I've still lost 5.5lbs in 3 weeks which isn't bad at all, it's just me being Mrs Impatient as usual!

Funny you should mention that about red days, I'm actually considering doing a full red week sometime. Would have been this week, but then I got invited to a birthday party where we're getting take out and eating nacho's! Actually looking forward to it as my 'treat' night, but kinda buggered up the whole idea of red week. I know I could make red friendly choices, but I also know I won't want to, i'll just try it the week after. I used to find red days really daunting but now I've got my head around things I actually like them, I feel kinda hungry when I go to bed (unlike green/ee) so it actually feels like SW is 'working', if that makes sense!

Tigger/Amanda/Jules/Babytree - Thanks for the bra advice! I still can't quite get my head around the fact I'm a 38K! TBH I really don't believe it until I've ordered one and it actually fits. I know I've got big boobs, but not like *THAT* big if you know what I mean!

I was reading a bra measuring article online - here if anyone wants the link Sameatschildren (for the protein) - DO IT NOW: Guide to Proper Bra Fit and Measuring because Victoria Secret and La Senza and whatever are full of **** and you are definitely wearing the wrong size ok? ok - and the difference between the underbust measurement and overbust measurement works out your cup size. So I guess as I've lost 4-6 inches off my back size and my boobs haven't shrunk, that's why I have such a big cup size... Still taking the whole thing with a pinch of salt though, I'm not Jordan!

I found some nice bras on ebay but kinda apprehensive about paying out if its the wrong size, so gonna go for a catalogue for the first one. I've got an account with Simply Be and they do some nice ones, free to return too, so think I'm gonna order a few and then just send any that don't fit/I don't like back. So much for paying that account off! LOL! :rolleyes: Can't be squishing my boobs into the wrong bra size though!

Wedding stuff

I was over the moon this weekend as our parents offered to pay for the wedding day! Feel so lucky, I'm not one of those people who has ever been hugely spoilt (except in terms of holidays at least!) so it was the last thing I was expecting. Also means we can start organising things now rather than having to save up first. Will feel soooo awesome when I know the wedding is all booked at last.

So this weekend I've been planning lots of things with Chris, including the honeymoon trip, which has now pretty much been agreed as:

Prague, Czech Republic- 6/7 nights
Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic - 2 nights
Salzburg, Austria - 5 nights
Lake Bled, Slovenia - 4 nights
Ljubljana, Slovenia - 4 nights
So in total 21/22 nights!! :)

Originally we were going to do major cities like Budapest, Vienna and Krakow, but this trip should be a lot more scenic and romantic. I've never been to Slovenia before and it looks such a beautiful country.

Got in touch with a wedding planner in Prague this weekend and they replied today with a quote and lots of info. Gonna talk it through with Chris later, but it's an amazing price and they have the best reputation of all the wedding planners we've looked at in Prague, so pretty sure we'll be booking something soon. Just hope they have Saturday 1st August 2015 available! *crosses fingers*

Amanda - That tank driving sounds a great price too! I love near you in Sheffield so not far away at all, something like that sounds loads of fun. The more I think about it the more a day do sounds better, working out when everyone is free to go away for a weekend or something would be a nightmare with us all working different routines/shifts.

Diet stuff

As I mentioned earlier * week is finally in town as of this afternoon so feeling like crap today - bloated, joint aches (ALWAYS get this on * week strangely!) and have bad tummy ache. Not sure what to expect tomorrow but ANY loss would be nice, even if it's half a pound. I usually have a really good loss the week after * week (4lbs ish usually) so I'm not gonna be too disheartened if its a small number this week. After the last 2 weeks of getting pretty annoyed and upset at my losses I refuse to put myself through that any more. ANY loss is a loss - so that's how I'll try and look at things from now on! :) TBH, with * week just starting I'm not even sure I'll manage a loss at all, but either way I'll deal with it and move on...

Barely eaten today as I just can't stomach food. Had a chewy delight this morning but lunch was literally 2 mouthfuls of salad before I threw the rest away. Soup for tea tonight, if I can eat that I'll be happy. So yeah, an unintentional super low calorie day, worked it out at around 400 cals! (Maybe I CAN do this fasting lark Soph! Just only on * week! ;))

Week 24, Day 7 - Red

Breakfast - Chewy D (hexb)
Lunch - 2 mouthfuls of feta (hexa) salad
Tea - 3 x ryvitta with cheese and tomto (hexa ad b)
Total - 0 syns
Weekly syns - 84/105

Didn't have soup in end, took one mouthful and it was way too hot so gave it chris and plumped for ryvittas. My first 0 syn day in ages!

Last edited:
Aw Your wedding/honeymoon sounds like its going to be amazing hun. xxx

Wow your wedding plans sound so cool!! Keeping fingers crossed that the planner can do the date you want

Weighed in this morning expecting a gain and actually lost a pound and 3/4s so I'm happy with that!

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. x

Amazing news about parents payung for the wedding! And moooore travels in the making :D yayayay! Sounds like a great honeymoon!!

Dont worry about fast days (though woah- 400cal day! I get starving around my period!) but if you were to look into them your allowance is worked out based on BMR + activity /4. There is a chapter in the ebook I sent you about it. Your.allowance would probs be at least 600cal like mine, probably more.

Cambridge diet sounds like HELL! No solids :/ eugh. Though no food today really killed my cravings- was so interesting! Can only imagine how weak you'd feel by day 3 though...
I have to say, the more I oushed myself to do red days the easier they became. When you detoz the carbs out for a week I fins you suddenly just dont crave them anymore- that craving is really hard to fight the first week though! But I swear that everything SW related is so much easier when you push through the first week of it at 100%! Was struggling to get bavk on plan for weeks after xmas until pushung myself through a 100% week, and now I feel fine about it again :) phew.

Glad to hear *week has finally shown up! Big loss next week :) good luck with WI tomorrow though x

Just woke up and seriously not looking forward to WI at all. Nearly bottled it if I'm honest, but getting ready as I type. ANY loss would be amazing as I feel sooo bloated and crappy from * week. Determined not to let a number on the scale determine my mood for the day though, I'm worth more than that.

Just woke up and seriously not looking forward to WI at all. Nearly bottled it if I'm honest, but getting ready as I type. ANY loss would be amazing as I feel sooo bloated and crappy from * week. Determined not to let a number on the scale determine my mood for the day though, I'm worth more than that.

I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think hun. Looking forward to seeing how it goes xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

EEK! A totally unexpected 2lbs off this week getting me to 4.5 stone total loss and my next SW award. Ooh and if that wasn't enough I got Slimmer Of The Month too with 7.5lbs in Jan!

I've really enjoyed this week food wise, eaten some really yummy stuff and got a decent loss at the end of it too! Amazing really as it's * week!

Wow how fab! What an amazing achievement! Keep going girl!

Well done! That chunk was just sitting there waiting all along.

Aren't you glad you went!!

Well done that's an amazing loss, just shows its worth weighing rather than not as you really can't predict what its going to show.

4.5 stone total loss is incredible noticed that is nearly 20% loss... mind bogglingly awesome!

I knew it...well done hun :) xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

super well done. proud of you for stepping up and going to WI xx

Back