From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Rae Rae - Thanks hun, always thought that was a crazy low number of syns for chicken chow mein! Can seriously imagine some people abusing it so doesn't surprise me that its changed x

---

In the end it was a buffet, but one of those buffets full of entirely unhealthy foods! Had some breaded prawns, a few nachos, 2 slices of pizza, a zombie cupcake and a piece of birthday cake. Not good by any means but I enjoy my weekly treat night and haven't been to a birthday party in ages. Everyone else was drinking wine and beer, but I stuck to pepsi max. Syns wise it wont leave me with many for the next two days but I'm fine with that. Had a really nice night and enjoyed the yummy food and good company.

Week 25, Day 5 - EE
Lunch - Jacket potato with cheese(hexa) tuna mayo (4 syns) and salad with tomatoes and olives - 6 syns
Tea - breaded prawns (6 syns), nachos 6 syns), 2 x slices pizza (15 syns), cupcake (10 syns), birthday cake (10 syns) - 47
Total - 53 syns
Weekly syns - 108.5/105

Oh dear, slightly more syns than I was expecting! :eek: Maybe I should have used flexi syns tonight instead? I reckon I've probably seriously overestimated syns for the cupcake and birthday cake as they were only pretty small, but yea. Syns wise it was pretty bad. Calories wise though it works out at about 1950, which isn't terrible for my 'treat day' I guess, but yea :/

I'm not going to worry about tonight, just gonna aim for the next couple of days 100% on plan and low calorie. I always get super stressed after a high syn day thinking I'm going back to my old ways. I know it's ONE day and tomorrow I'll be 100% on plan again, but it does worry me! So daft as I've known about this party for months and even had a salad last night when everyone else had fish and chips to save the syns for tonight. I just don't trust myself enough yet.

Definitely looking forward to getting back into the swing of things tomorrow. It's funny as much as I loved the off plan food, next time I'd be happier if I had half as much. There's no way I needed a bun and a slice of cake. Shows how easy it is to go back. Anyway, no more meals out to worry about now until Valentines day.

Arghh... I say I'm not going to stress about it. It was one PLANNED night off plan, yet here I am feeling crappy and like I've let myself down. I never want food to dictate my mood. Don't know why I ate as much as I did. It's funny because sometimes I feel like I'm a different person with food, I eat SOOOO much better than I used to, but one night off at a buffet and I go back to my old ways. Okay it wasn't THAT bad, but I didn't need nachos AND pizza, or a bun AND cake. A slim person would choose one or the other, not EVERYTHING. Times like this make me realise that although I've come a long way, I still have such a long way to go. But hey, it's a journey and tonight I can take away another lesson.

Hun it seriously could have been worse, maybe thinking of it as a treat day mentally makes you think it's bad and therefore affects your mood. At the end of the day food isn't good or bad but our choices can be and you did the best and it is ok to enjoy food at a birthday and remember it is part of life that there will be foods we don't always want to have daily at special occasions. You did good :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I don't agree. .. I think plenty of slim people go a little crazy at buffets and pick and things they don't "need"! How many cakes or chocolates disappear when they're in a workplace... lots going to slim people who don't need them but just fancy them at the time. Don't beat yourself up its not worth it. Like you said you saved a lot of cals not drinking. So what if others had one piece of cake they probably had several drinks too. Chin up you'll be fine xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks guys. You're right, I need to loosen up a bit. It's funny how now the hardest part of the plan for me now is coming to terms with those unavoidable times I'm not going to be on plan. It's not like I went crazy or anything, next time a birthday or something comes up (Chris's on 27th) I'm going to do flexible syns, hopefully I'll feel a bit less guilty then. Feeling a lot better about things today anyway.

Wedding stuff

We've finally agreed on a plan for the wedding - 7 nights in Prague for the ceremony itself followed by 7 nights in Rome for our honeymoon. I've never been to Rome but absolutely adore Italy (Venice, Amalfi coast, Lake Garda) so it should be pretty special. Going to mull it over for a couple more weeks before finally getting it booked, but at the moment we're both feeling happy about it. Still want to go to Vegas, but its just not right for me for the wedding.

Travel stuff

I mentioned a while back about my friends wanting to go to Dublin. I kinda thought it was one of those things that gets mentioned but never happens, anyway it turns out they were pretty serious about it. We're planning on going for a few days in August, had a look at the prices and it should be a pretty cheap getaway - around £200 each for flights and 3 nights a decent hotel. So hopefully booking that at the end of March when I get my first full pay from the new job.

Still up for Estonia in September, so it should be a pretty good year travel wise - Tunisia in May, Ireland in August and Estonia in September. Just got to get some work done now to pay for it all, not that any of them are hugely expensive trips. You can save a fortune if you book and organise it all yourself.

Ooh wedding plans sound lovely I Love Italy :) I'd have liked my honeymoon there but we couldn't really afford it at the time.

Travel sounds great for you this year... I was always brought up without holidays abroad so I don't think I've ever really caught the travel bug!

Glad you're feeling better about the whole food things. I agree it's hard to come off plan for things but I think you have to realise that it's not going to ruin your weightloss when you look at the big picture and a "normal" person doesn't have massive guilt just for overindulging a bit it's just finding a happy medium with it all xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah I'm pretty sure I picked up the travel bug when I was a kid. Had some amazing holidays which turned me into the travel monster i am today!

---
Weird food day as all the crap yesterday has made me feel really rough. Keep going to loo etc so barely eaten today, despite chris doing an amazing smelling casserole :(

Week 25, Day 6 - red
Breakfast - chewy d - hexb
Lunch - 2 x babybel (hexa) and grapes
Tea - chicken breast
Total - 0 syns
Weekly syns - 108.5/105

Hi Bev, the wedding plans are looking good. Italy will be romantic for your honeymoon.

Can I ask a quick question about red days? Thinkin of giving them a whirl but need inspiration. What sort of things do you eat for lunch and tea?

Hope you feel better soon xx

Hi Bev, the wedding plans are looking good. Italy will be romantic for your honeymoon.

Can I ask a quick question about red days? Thinkin of giving them a whirl but need inspiration. What sort of things do you eat for lunch and tea?

Hope you feel better soon xx

Hey Rae Rae...
sorry for butting in, lol, but thought i'd post the link for the red day thread on here....i used that for some ideas when i first started doing the odd red day - might be of use :) x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/315826-red-day-thread.html

I'm really glad I braved it out and measured... although I really didn't want to at the time .... just totted it up and from bust, waist, hips, widest part, Left and right thighs, left and right knees and biceps I have lost a grand total of 57 inches....

Enjoy your friends birthday xx

57 inches.. oh. my. god. that is amazing!!

Thanks guys. You're right, I need to loosen up a bit. It's funny how now the hardest part of the plan for me now is coming to terms with those unavoidable times I'm not going to be on plan. It's not like I went crazy or anything, next time a birthday or something comes up (Chris's on 27th) I'm going to do flexible syns, hopefully I'll feel a bit less guilty then. Feeling a lot better about things today anyway.

Wedding stuff

We've finally agreed on a plan for the wedding - 7 nights in Prague for the ceremony itself followed by 7 nights in Rome for our honeymoon. I've never been to Rome but absolutely adore Italy (Venice, Amalfi coast, Lake Garda) so it should be pretty special. Going to mull it over for a couple more weeks before finally getting it booked, but at the moment we're both feeling happy about it. Still want to go to Vegas, but its just not right for me for the wedding.

Travel stuff

I mentioned a while back about my friends wanting to go to Dublin. I kinda thought it was one of those things that gets mentioned but never happens, anyway it turns out they were pretty serious about it. We're planning on going for a few days in August, had a look at the prices and it should be a pretty cheap getaway - around £200 each for flights and 3 nights a decent hotel. So hopefully booking that at the end of March when I get my first full pay from the new job.

Still up for Estonia in September, so it should be a pretty good year travel wise - Tunisia in May, Ireland in August and Estonia in September. Just got to get some work done now to pay for it all, not that any of them are hugely expensive trips. You can save a fortune if you book and organise it all yourself.

Totally right, I think that beat yourself up mindset is why i've failed before and ended up in "oh I've had a bad day, I'll have a takeaway.. I've had a bad week I'll start again on Monday" life happens and like you said I'm sure it was better than it would have been before slimming world.

Having MAJOR travel envy reading your posts… the wedding sounds amazing

Wedding sounds amazing whatever you do! I think a fairytale wedding in Prague suits you better than a crazy las Vegas wedding ;) also more unique! And more to cherish... Have a crazy rock n roll party night with friends when you get home? :D
Sounds like you need a trip to las vegas at some point though ;) maybe when your radiography course starts paying you, you can book one? :D
Rome is supposed to be amazing! Great for a honeymoon :) my dad had his there and they LOVED it.
X

I, too, am having travel envy!! :jelous: You're very lucky to get to experience all of these places. I haven't been abroad sine 2008 (my honeymoon in Thailand) and I really want to see more of the world!!! I've been to quite a few places but there's always somewhere else I want to go - maybe one day!

As for beating yourself up about your night off, I actually believe that a little "off plan" time does you good. For me, I think it kinda gives my metabolism a kick up the ass and gets it moving! I wouldn't do it all the time, and I do get stressed about it and worry that I will put on/STS but I will never be someone who is on plan 100% of the time - that's just not achievable for me, I would be so bored and unhappy if I never had little treats! I went out on Saturday night with my husband - we watched Gravity and also went to Nandos!!! I hadn't been in about 4 years or so, and thought I wasn't going to be very impressed but it was SO nice! I had a plain-ish (still hot to me!) chicken wrap, corn on the cob, one slice of halloumi, one slice of garlic bread, a few of my husband's chips, a coke (full fat - yum!) and a small Portuguese custard tart!!!!!!!!!!! :eat: With all that, and the blowout I had last Thursday, I was convinced I was going to gain this week but I actually managed to lose a pound! It might show on the scale next week or it may have forced my metabolism to work a little faster, who knows? All I know is that I hamp happy with that little loss and I REALLY enjoyed my night off!!!!! :p

Your wedding plans sound lovely hun. I love Rome only been once.

Super jealous of all your trips abroad this year :)

xxx

Quicky food update. Still feeling rough today so another day not properly on plan. Feeling a lot better now though so back to usual SW yummyness from tomorrow.

Week 25, Day 7 -red
Brunch - bacon and egg sandwich (2 x hexb)
Tea - cheese toastie ( 12 syns + 2 x hexa)
Total - 12 syns
Weekly - 116.5/105 syns

So yeah, crappy food day. Around 800 cals in total.

Not feeling hugely optimistic about tomorrows WI, but we'll see what tomorrow brings!

Thanks for the replies, will respond properly tomorrow x

800 cals wont screw up a WI- also you had a day not so long ago where you had like soup and babybels as meals- that was so low cal! If you totted up the calories for the week I think you'd be way under your quota for a regular loss, and it's post *week so should be good.
See past the 'syns', you know they're just a guideline and that calories in vs out means everything. Chin up- you had one day off but hasnt been a bad week at all! :)
GOOD LUCK :) x

800 cals wont screw up a WI- also you had a day not so long ago where you had like soup and babybels as meals- that was so low cal! If you totted up the calories for the week I think you'd be way under your quota for a regular loss, and it's post *week so should be good.
See past the 'syns', you know they're just a guideline and that calories in vs out means everything. Chin up- you had one day off but hasnt been a bad week at all! :)
GOOD LUCK :) x

Thanks hun. I'm probably being a bit hard on myself. That crap that I ate on Sat night has given me really bad ibs symptoms and I havent been out of the house for two days. Im back to normal now but i've just been sat on my ass rather than out and about burning calories.

You're right though, i'm due the big post * week loss this week. Guess I just dont feel any lighter, but should probably discount that as experience has shown I'm a crap judge of my own weight loss.

Hope you had a fab time in Dubai xx

Back