From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Ooh lovely dresses :) eeek wedding dress shopping is amazing and they do wonders.for your figure! I felt fine in mine even at the weight I was! I always hate my arms even when I'm a size 12 but a veil worn over does wonders or even a bolero if you feel the need :) will try to show you some pics of my dress at some point but it was pretty princessy!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Food stuff

Week 26, Day 3 - Red
Lunch - Jacket potato (hexb) with tuna, mayo (4 syns), sweetcorn, grated cheese (hexa x 2) and tomatoes - 4 syns
Snack - Muller
Tea - SW breakfast - Lean bacon, 2 x poached eggs, baked beans (hexb), mushrooms and tomatoes
Snacks - Grapes
Total syns - 4
Weekly syns - 28/105

Kinda fancying something a little naughty later with my remaining syns, won't be using many/any tomorrow for the fast day so would be nice to have a little treat when we go to Morrisons later. At the moment the day comes in at roughly 1200 cals, not bad for a high day so can definitely squeeze in a little something! :)

Hi Bev :wavey:, I'm loving the pics of the dresses, congrats on the wedding, my sister has been to Rome and says it's beautiful :).

Your foodage sounds really good today. I've been quite high on syns this week and think I need to have some low syn days too :rolleyes: defo need to eat more free and superfree foods. Also need to keep track of my fibre intake which has been quite low this week. I find I have good losses when I eat high fibre foods. On your high days what's the max calories you would go up to ?

Kay xx

Hi Bev :wavey:, I'm loving the pics of the dresses, congrats on the wedding, my sister has been to Rome and says it's beautiful :).

Your foodage sounds really good today. I've been quite high on syns this week and think I need to have some low syn days too :rolleyes: defo need to eat more free and superfree foods. Also need to keep track of my fibre intake which has been quite low this week. I find I have good losses when I eat high fibre foods. On your high days what's the max calories you would go up to ?

Kay xx

As a rule usually no more than 1800-1900, normally its closer to 1500. Today was around 1450, even with a cheeky Yorkie! Figure I'll only be having 2 syns tomorrow so it'd be nice to have a chocolate fix. In the past when I tried diets I never allowed myself anything remotely bad, it was just cutting chocolate out of my life FOREVER! Clearly, as a lifestyle choice that's completely unrealistic, I love chocolate, I just need to have it in a controlled way. I'm so glad SW has the syns so I can still have a treat without going over the top. To be fair tonight although the chocolate was nice I kinda regretted it, there's so much nicer stuff I could spend 13.5 syns on! :rolleyes:

Hope you're having a good day. I tend not to worry too much about fibre much as long as I'm getting my hexb's. It's something I'd have totally neglected before, white bread all the way!

As a rule usually no more than 1800-1900, normally its closer to 1500. Today was around 1450, even with a cheeky Yorkie! Figure I'll only be having 2 syns tomorrow so it'd be nice to have a chocolate fix. In the past when I tried diets I never allowed myself anything remotely bad, it was just cutting chocolate out of my life FOREVER! Clearly, as a lifestyle choice that's completely unrealistic, I love chocolate, I just need to have it in a controlled way. I'm so glad SW has the syns so I can still have a treat without going over the top. To be fair tonight although the chocolate was nice I kinda regretted it, there's so much nicer stuff I could spend 13.5 syns on! :rolleyes:

Hope you're having a good day. I tend not to worry too much about fibre much as long as I'm getting my hexb's. It's something I'd have totally neglected before, white bread all the way!

I love choccy too and my other weakness is crisps, can't buy those family bags or I will go through the whole lot :p. I still have to work on portion control and find it hard. For me I'm an all or nothing girl, out of sight out of mind works for me, if it's not in my shopping trolley I won't eat it :D. But going forward I do need to overcome this and learn to enjoy treats within moderation. That's why I like SW, I have my 15 syns to enjoy myself.

Do you do any body magic in the week Bev ?

Kay xx

I'm a bit of a calorie counter myself, just think its one of those habits you pick up after years of doing different diets.

Nothing wrong with having a bit of chocolate, I have tried to do the same and stick to "a little bit of what you fancy" so last week I had a wispa and didn't feel remotely guilty about it. For me its the being down about it that makes me eat more than I should. If I feel guilty about a slice of cake I've eaten I will eat more of it.

Kay - I'm pretty crap when it comes to body magic tbh but its something I'm going to be working on. Went swimming last week, but nothing this week so far! :rolleyes: I start my new job a week on Monday and I'll be walking 15-20 minutes each way, so that's at least 2.5 hrs exercise a week. Also where I work is right next to an Olympic sized swimming pool so I've no excuses for not going after work. Will be nice to start getting fitter, though hope it doesn't slow down my weight loss too much. I had a period where I went swimming a lot and it really slowed things down!

I've never really been a crisp person, but Chris is happy to fulfil that role! lol. I've got a lot better with 'bad' food now, if it's in the house I can resist it, but usually it leads to me having more syns than I'd lik,e so tend to try and steer away from temptation. I got a big pack of frozen mixed berries yesterday so going to make some fruit jelly this weekend, now even something like that feels like a treat and it's about 30 calories and syn free! How times have changed!

Caleb - Yeah totally know what you mean, it's hard to get out of that mindset. Now when i look at anything food wise I always mentally calculate calories. I've tried calorie counting on its own in the past but it didn't work for me. Puts a lot less emphasis on eating healthily as there's no difference between a 440 cal double cheeseburger and a 440 cal healthy chicken pasta salad. It never really helped me to address my bad diet, I'd just eat less of the crappy stuff and spend most of the time hungry!

I think SW and calorie counting work quite well together. The only issue I really have with SW is the whole 'unlimited' food thing, but if you keep an eye on the calories its taught me a lot more about healthy portion sizes.

Em - I love the first and second one best! I think the 3rd one just really isn't me, but if my arms are saggy then it'll be something like the 4th one to cover me up a bit, lol. Feels great to be able to look at slim dresses and think that one day I'll be wearing something like that. Was even looking at ASOS the other day picking out things I'd like to wear! Can see me being a very broke skinny person one day, lol :D

---
Plans fell through today due to my friends illness and another friend having to wait in for a delivery, going to arrange to see them both next week instead. Chris finishes at 4 today so got to start getting ready soon, amazing how long shower/hair/make-up takes! Plus lately I've been taking ages getting dressed, some of my clothes just look ridiculously baggy and make me feel really frumpy. Then some of the smaller ones make me feel not quite slim enough to pull them off yet. Grr! I really need some new clothes but refuse to waste money on something that will only last for a couple of months. I guess I won't mind so much when I can finally fit into Primarni and can get something super cheap. Might be worth having a look at the George stuff when I go to ASDA tomorrow, just a nice dress and a few top/skirts would make the world of difference. Feel like a bag lady atm!

Despite the change in plans I'm attempting my first 5:2 fast day. So far I've only eaten a cereal bar (100 cals) and 2 x mini babybel (120) saving the rest for a 'normal' tea tonight. Having a roast turkey Subway salad - 139 cals but lets say 200 with dressing - and some grapes (180). So yeah, that's 600 calories of food! I meant to get some strawberries but I totally forgot (they are soo low cal). At least I managed to get my hexa and b into my day. Not sure I'll be doing it again, but haven't felt starving or anything, early days yet though! Can't see myself incorporating it into my diet as a regular thing, I have decent losses each week with SW and don't feel restricted, whereas today it's felt more like a 'diet'.

Finally seeing 12 years a slave tonight, hope it's not too sad, though I guess from the subject matter it's gonna be...

Week 26, Day 4 - Red - 5:2 fast day
Brunch- Chewy D - hexb, 2 x mini babybel - hexa
Tea - Roast chicken subway salad - 2 syns for olives - cookie - 11 syns
Supper - Grapes, wm toast (hexb) and pate - 7 syns, 2 x mini babybel (hexa)

Total - 20 syns
Weekly syns - 61.5/105

All I can say is I'm looking forward to an EE day tomorrow, don't think this fasting lark is for me. Might be nice after a really high day or something to get back on track though. Me and Chris are off out for a 3 course valentines meal next Thursday night at an american diner. Will definitely be using flexible syns, so a low day the day after will be in order, not sure if it'll be THIS low though.

Last edited:
Wow, well done you for even attempting a fasting day - I don't think there's any way I'd manage it. Can't wait to hear how you get on with it.

I'm trying my best to catch up with your diary (I've been very bad reading others' diaries recently!) and the dress pics you posted yesterday are gorgeous. I really like number 4, but 1 and 2 are gorgeous too. Planning a wedding must be very stressful but I'd imagine so exciting as well. Hope you manage to get something booked next week xx

i admire you doing fasting i couldnt do it, I think I would find myself getting weak, it may help with your loss it may not cos your body might go into starvation mode, all you can do is try, american diner sounds yummy x

Bevvy if you start toning up now, you won't have any saggy bits lol. Like using little weights on your arms will help loads! Even using tins of beans can make a difference :0

Woah, that's hardly any munch at all today - You sure you're going to be OK after eating just that?

Bevvy if you start toning up now, you won't have any saggy bits lol. Like using little weights on your arms will help loads! Even using tins of beans can make a difference :0

Woah, that's hardly any munch at all today - You sure you're going to be OK after eating just that?

Definitely right about the toning up, need to get cracking!

If I feel ill or weak etc I'm gonna have something else so dont worry. Definitely think fasting isnt for me though. I never feel deprived on SW but do today. The high/low days work for me but theres a world of difference between 1000-1200 calories and just 600 x

i admire you doing fasting i couldnt do it, I think I would find myself getting weak, it may help with your loss it may not cos your body might go into starvation mode, all you can do is try, american diner sounds yummy x

Yeah will be interesting to see how it works with WI. Hopefully as i'm only having one fast day it wont slow down my metabolism too much. Ive been told starvation mode doesnt kick in 'till 72 hours of not eating and definitely won't be doing that! X

OMG, so starving I just wolfed down an entire punnet of grapes!! So much for my fast day, that was around 260 cals and I only had 180 for them!

Definitely learnt a thing or two about fast days, they are sooo not for me. I have complete admiration for anyone who can manage them, but I like my food too much and seriously get grouchy when I know I can't have something. I guess that's why SW works so well for me, I know if I want to eat something I can! Anyway it'll still be a super low day around 680 cals, but it'll be my last 5:2 fast day, give me SW yumminess any day!

Interesting experiment though, I'm glad I tried it!

OMG, so starving I just wolfed down an entire punnet of grapes!! So much for my fast day, that was around 260 cals and I only had 180 for them!

Definitely learnt a thing or two about fast days, they are sooo not for me. I have complete admiration for anyone who can manage them, but I like my food too much and seriously get grouchy when I know I can't have something. I guess that's why SW works so well for me, I know if I want to eat something I can! Anyway it'll still be a super low day around 680 cals, but it'll be my last 5:2 fast day, give me SW yumminess any day!

Well done for trying it. Glad you ate something extra tho x

No harm in experimenting. I think for a lot of people the deprivation of fast days can lead to binging or "making up for it" on other days. Saying that I appreciate it works for some and fair play. Like you I have a mix of higher and lower days and when I started did have some fairly low days but I've found that more exercise and slightly more food is making it more sustainable (for me). If it's not broke don't fix it I guess I'm saying :) you've had great losses so stick to what you're doing. I think closer to goal mixing it up can be helpful though I know I always struggle to lose any more once I'm at a certain weight so once I get there I'll certainly be looking at what I can do to give it a boost again.

Well done for doing so well 680 is still a very low day x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

i've been looking at the 5:2 days too and although i do think you could stretch the fast day's food out...i'm not sure i would be able to be sensible on the "feast" days...i do think i'd literally just feast!
that wouldn't be ideal...saving 1000 calories 2 days a week but blasting god knows how many thousand on the other days - kinda defeats the purpose lol x

Hi Bev, I'm glad you've had more calories, 680 is still very low, any lower than that might slow down your metabolism. Glad you've resumed eating and you can enjoy your meals. I wish I could fast too but I would seriously miss my food too much :p . Hope the rest of your day has been great.

Kay xx

Back