From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Wow.... so glad to here you booked the big day xx

Glad the wedding is all booked you can get excited about dress shopping soon unless you're waiting until you're at a particular weight before you start?

Good luck with the new job tomorrow too, hope they're a friendly bunch x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck lovely x

Thanks for the well wishes. Just about to set off for my first day. Feeling nervous, but looking forward to it too!

Have a good day everyone!

Good luck hun :) x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Congratulations on booking your wedding, that's lovely news!!!!!

And good luck with your new job today, sure you'll do great.

Just to update you, weighed this morning after my Paul mcKenna week (first listened to cd on Tuesday) and lost 5 and a half pounds!!!! Needless to say, I'm quite happy with that! ;-) X

good luck at new job hun and yay for the wedding - where abroad are you off to? how exciting!!! least you know the sun is gonna shine and you will be with nearest and dearest! I would have loved to have had a holiday wedding - may renew our vows on a special one abroad in time to come!!! :) I love sunshine! xx

Hope your first day at work.goes well!!

OMG BUTTONS- I made a similar mistake! I got a mini bag of cadbury buttons thinking they wer 6 syns but they werent as mini as the 6 syn ones- they were 11 syns!! I had about 5 in a week before realising :'(
You CAN get small packs of milky bar buttons in multipacks that are 5 syns or so- can get them in poundland. I have them sometimes, and the mini cadbury ones, and suck the buttons too and really enjoy that :D I love chocolate that can last a while, always opt for buttons or milkyway etc where I can nibble the choc off of the filling and eat them slow like that :D

Great that you felt so good swimming!! Swimming cozzy NSV is so great!! Keep up the lengths, burning half a pound for 1.5hrs is awesome! I love swimming but when I have tried to do lengths in dubai hotel pools I get bored after 5 mins haha!
Have you worked out how many cals/pounds your burn a month for all those 15 min walks to/from work? Bet it's quite a lot and might motivate you to get some extra short walks in too if you calculate it! X

I hope your first day went well Bev!

Thanks guys. It went well, the office is lovely and the people in my training group seem nice, although there are 15 of us so I'm going to have a job on remembering names!! Didn't do much today except a tour of the office and the usual introductory stuff. With the early start coupled with the walking, my feta salad for lunch just didn't cut it. Felt starving by the time I was finishing at 2.30pm so bought some wholemeal rolls, chicken and salad, so I can take sandwiches the rest of the week. Calories wise it should be fairly similar to the feta salad (which comes in at 286), but will be much more filling. Plus, eating a salad for lunch on a freezing cold day wasn't the most appealing prospect. Had to force it down me and left quite a bit as I wasn't feeling it.

Felt good to get the walking under my belt today. In total it took 40 minutes and map my walk measures it as 1.8 miles, so after reading Soph's idea I calculated the calories burnt at 219, that's 1100 extra calories burnt over the course of my working week. Not too shabby really, with that and a couple of swimming sessions I should be easily be burning an extra pound of fat (3500 cals) a week! :)

Binned the library off today as I really couldn't be bothered, determined after I've had my mini's break that I'm going to do some study. It's crazy how the time flies though, you'd think finishing at 2.30pm would leave loads of time in the afternoon, but after walking to the car, nipping to the shops, driving home, putting the shopping away and making a sandwich it's nearly 5pm! WTF! :eek: Was going to go swimming tonight but half the pool is off limits due to the aqua aerobics, so saving it for tomorrow when it's not going to be as busy. I've been before when the aqua class is on and it gets so busy in the other half of the pool that I kept getting cut up by people. Of course I could just DO the aqua class, but I'm waiting until I've joined the leisure centre for that as it's over double the price of a swim - I know, what a cheapskate I am! :p Don't worry though, this isn't me making excuses I really want to go swimming, just makes sense to leave it till a day I can have a proper session. Roll on a week on Thur when I can buy my membership, so excited about it!

I've also found an AMAZING deal on a holiday to Corfu in September. The apartment looks stunning and it's a complete bargain. The only thing is it'd be the day after we get back from Tallin, which we're going to book soon. So we'd literally be landing, coming home, and setting off again to the airport the next day! I haven't told Chris yet 'cos I know he'll say 'well lets just pick ONE' and me being me I naturally want to go to both! :rolleyes: He's already booked the 2 weeks off at work so I'm thinking about paying for it myself by working overtime and giving it him as an anniversary present, that way I get to look like an amazing girlfriend and get my extra holiday fix too! Win win scenario! :D

Week 27, Day 7 - Green
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Lunch - feta (hexa) salad with olives - 2 syns
Snack - wm roll (hexb) with cheese (hexa), lettuce and tomato
Tea - Giovanni Rana Spinach and ricotta tortellini - 7 syns
Supper - banana
Total - 9 syns
Weekly syns - 74/105
Est calories - 1400

Exercise - 40 minutes walking

Ron -
What a fantastic result! So chuffed for you, glad it's working. Will have to see if I can get Chris to download me a 'free' copy from somewhere so I can give it a go! :)

Elle - Thanks hun I'm so excited. We're getting married in Prague at the old town hall (pic below) next August. We both absolutely love Prague and its our favourite city, although we've never been together. Still got lots of stuff to plan and figure out yet, just hope it's nice and sunny with it being August! Fingers crossed!

oldtown.JPG

Soph - Oh no, another one with the buttons! So gutting isn't it?! Dunno about you but the 'big' mini bags didn't even seem like a lot, I could have easily eaten 2! Guess that's what you get when you grow up with no control around chocolate like me, I honestly couldn't believe it. Would never have thought a 33p bag of buttons contained THREE servings, WTF!!

I know its crazy how many calories I burn swimming, didn't manage 1.5 hrs in one go, but even for an hour it's a decent amount. Just need to increase it now to 3 times a week and job's a good 'un. Really don't want to get disheartened though if it slows my losses, though after that half a pound last week I'm pretty sure ANYTHING will help! Hopefully *cue 3lb gain for no apparent reason* ;)

Scarlett - Thanks hun. With the dress I think I'm going to wait until Jan next year before I start looking. I figure by then I'll still have 7 months to go, but if I get one that ties at the back rather than with a rigid fastening, it should still fit even with extra weight loss. Of course it all depends how well I've done by then, but with an average 7lbs a month I should hopefully be at goal a few months before the big day so it'd give me time to get it altered etc...

Last edited:
Ooooh, feeling dead proud of myself atm! Despite all the excuses I made to get out of it, I pushed past the laziness and ended up going swimming! It wasn't the best session as like I expected it was busy, but still managed 40 lengths in 35 minutes. If I hadn't gone I'd have just been sat on my bumall night, so dead chuffed.

Having a day off exercise tomorrow apart from my 40 min walk to work, but another swim planned on Wed night.

Feels really weird tonight as it's my regular WI tomorrow, but because of work it's postponed 'till Saturday morning. Hope all my Tuesday WI buddies have a great result, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! I have such a love hate relationship with the scale, I hate the nerves and anticipation of weighing in, but when I've lost (regardless of the amount) I feel this huge sense of relief! Looking forward to Saturday now, I'd be on cloud 9 if I got that 2.5lbs! :)

Still haven't had tea yet, Chris is on his way home now so waiting for him to get in. Never wanted pasta as much in my life! Starvingggg x

Proud of you mermaid xx

Definitely don't feel like a mermaid today, I ache like a *****! :D Ah well, at least it shows that things are working, rest day today apart from my walk. Can't wait to get in later and snuggle up in the warm watching House of Cards. First job though work 9.30-2.30, then a couple of hours study, a mini's break to catch up (i'm so behind on diaries) and a relaxed evening courtesy of Netflix!

Arranged to see my friend tomorrow night, she's cooking tea, haven't asked what but I hope it's something healthy! Have a good day guys, wish I was weighing in with anyone, dying to know how much I've lost but no peaking before Sat! xx

Awkward when you friend is cooking, I tend to be sneaky and eat a banana befire I go and just have a small portion then if it isnt healthy, then have something in my bag for as soon as I'm done! :p

Great job on getting a swim in!! I'm so the same- need to just force myself into it but quickly rely on am excuse. "I'm not well" has been looping for a whilr now :rolleyes:
To be honest, this time last year I did a month of 30 mins medium-light cardio a day and it didnt help my losses- it did help my inches though! And in hind sight inches are what people SEE so kinda more important really ;) fitting into smaller clothes and whatnot! So keep track of measurements! Good luck with that random/undeserved 3lbs off LOL I love those!! It is great you can see a pattern though, helps get through those slow weeks, eh? X

Hey Bev!

Glad to hear your first day at work went well, and you went for that swim - well done, you! I know I would've gone for the other option of sitting on my bum all night!!

Corfu sounds lovely, I went there YEARS ago and loved it. Nothing wrong with wanting to do both!

Just so you know, I got the PM book at Asda for £6, which includes the DVD and CD - bargain! I won't lose as much this week - I'm not feeling as disciplined, have got a couple of meals out to contend with, and I know weight loss is always good on the first week of something new (especially following a gain like I had last week), but I'm happy to lose slowly and steadily - 2lbs a week and I'd be a very happy girl indeed!! (of course, more is always welcome! ;)) xx

Soph - Well I'm crossing my fingers it'll be reasonably healthy, she's lost 5 stone a couple of years ago and is quite strict about maintaining, so I might be in luck!

A lot of people tend to find that with the exercise, including myself in the past, like you say if I try and look at it in terms of inch loss that's the important thing. I just can't afford to have my losses slow down much more though with nearly 8 stone to go and the wedding in 18 months.

Figuring out the pattern has really helped, this time last month I only managed 1lb on the second post star week WI, but as I'm leaving it until Sat I'm hoping for a bit more than that. Ideally 2.5lbs so I get my next award, as ever I'm being greedy! :p

Ron - Yeah Corfu looks lovely, I've never been before and the last time I went to Greece it was to Zante when I was 7 or 8. The only time Chris has been was when he went on a lads holiday to Faliraki and absolutely hated it, think it was more the type of holiday and place than Greece itself, so would be nice to show him it's not all bad! It's not going to be something I can book for a month or so yet, so going to shop around first and see what the other options are. Its hard being a travel addict on a budget, I'd love nothing more than to jet us off to New Zealand but got to be realistic while I'm working part time and a student!

Ah I thought the PM stuff would be quite expensive. I'll have a look the next time we pop into the big ASDA on the way to my parents. Slow and steadily is definitely the best way to do it, though I get impatient sometimes, especially when it's a bit TOO slow and steady for my liking! I honestly think now that if I could manage a consistent 2lbs a week that I'd be over the moon! It's so much of a rollercoaster getting 0.5/1lbs some weeks and then 3/4's!

----

Day 2 of training is going well. Found out about the bonuses which sound pretty good. Not sure how good I'll be at making sales though, but the job itself isn't a sales role so I get paid my normal wage regardless, the commission is just a bonus.

Sandwich today went down much better than yesterdays salad, although I was starving on the way home and used 5 syns for one of those sugary whizz chew bars, not exactly a healthy choice! Need to get a bit more organised with a healthyish snack for when I get in from work... Any ideas? Needs to be pretty quick and reasonably filling as I usually have 4 hours to wait then until tea.

Feels so weird not going to my SW group for WI. Another reason to look forward to the weekend now, though it'll be weird being super good on a Friday!

Week 28, Day 1 - Red
Breakfast - Mixed berries and muller,
Snack - Banana
Lunch - wm roll (hexb) with chicken and salad
Snack - wizz bar - 5 syns, 2 x mini babybel (hexa)
Tea - jacket potato (hexb) with cheese (hexa) tuna mayo (3 syns) sweetcorn with salad and coleslaw ( 4 syns) - 7 syns
Total - 12 syns
Weekly syns - 12/105
Estimated calories - 1400
Exercise - 45 mins walking

Since I'm getting up so much earlier that I'm used to and doing extra walking, I'm definitely feeling the hunger more. Where as I used to eat the majority of calories in the latter half of the day it's changing now and I'm eating more earlier on. Hopefully that'll help with fat burning, I mean they always say don't eat before bed...

Hate not knowing what i'm having for tea, means I can't properly plan my food day! I need a hexb for my wm roll at lunch so actually syned my breakfast today n had Oats So Simple, really yummy though! :)

When I did SW I used to have crabsticks / ham / ready prepped chicken on hand to nibble in the arvos. Do you have a fridge at work to keep stuff in? Also are you allowed to eat in work? I always have a tub of gherkins too - hmm love me a gherkin. Synned stuff, I was always cr!p with buying bulk foods, like packets of biccys and only having one, I would eat the lot! But if you can restrain yourself better than me, why not get some of those pink wafer things with the marshmallow in the middle, only 50 cals I think. Or Space Raider crisps in multipack, they are fairly reasonable. Or you could go for the obvious option of fruit (yawn!).

It might be a good idea to start planning your weeks' food, that's often the only thing that kept me on the straight and narrow. Not everybody likes to be so rigid and regimented, but I did it all the time when I did SW in the early days and stuck by it. I stopped doing it for ages as I was rebelling and look where that got me! I don't like being so regimented either, but this did work for me and it also saved me money by not spending so much on food out.

So last week I thought I would do it for this week and so far I have stuck to it. I do it on my phone, in the notes bit. I add little notes to remember to remove things from the freezer etc. too. I usually have 1 or 2 weeks worth of planning and then I do my weekly food shopping according to what I need for that week. Obviously "off the cuff/out of the blue" things pop up and ruin your food plan, but its not set in stone. Here is one of the weeks I have on my phone, its for next week. The shopping has already been ordered for next week and I will pick that up on Friday:

7 day plan (22/02/14)

Saturday 22nd

Morning - Swim (buy BGTY and LMc sausage, Granary bread)

B - Sardines on toast x 2

L - Pasta?

D - Fajitas!

Snacks -

Sunday 23rd

Morning: Badminton

Brunch: 1 eggs, 1 bacon, 1 sausage, beans and toast

Snack:

Dinner: Beef Stew and Rice with veg

Monday 24th

B - BGTY saus in WW petit pain

L - Mackerel and avocado salad

D - 1/4 Chicken and Chips (Nandos)

Snacks

Tuesday 25th

B - Porridge with banana

L - 1/4 chicken Nandos and salad

D - Liver and Bacon and Cauliflower Mash

MAKE KEBABS

Snacks

Wednesday 26th

L - Mackerel and avocado salad

D - Lamb/Halloumi/Veg kebabs with greek salad and rice

Snacks

Thursday 27th

B - Scrambled egg in WW petit pain

L - leftover Lamb/Halloumi/Veg kebabs with greek salad and rice

Gym/swim/kettlebells

D - Chilli con carne (jacket pot for me) and salad

Snacks

Friday 28th

L - Chilli con carne and leftover rice

D - Fish and Chips with salad
GET BRAISING BEEF OUT OF THE FREEZER

Snacks

You will be more hungry with all the extra calories you are burning off, energy makes energy and this is good and you may find your losses pick up.

Sorry I have rattled a bit...!

Omg Charley, Ive been walking alongon way home from work n just walked into a post while reading your reply, omg how embarrassing!! Will reply properly tonight but omg, the hidden dangers of minis!!

Omg Charley, Ive been walking alongon way home from work n just walked into a post while reading your reply, omg how embarrassing!! Will reply properly tonight but omg, the hidden dangers of minis!!

:8855: I have literally spat my peppermint tea out! How funny, did anyone see? I did that before, it was the end of a particularly juicy thriller and I couldn't stop reading it, I walked into a post! This couple walking towards me fell about laughing!

Back