From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Good luck for tomorrow. I always get nervous before I weigh in+I do it at home, lol. I'm joining my first group at 9:30 in the morning though so kinda got souble nerves xx

Good luck xxx I hope the tinkle fairy visits tonight to take away that pesky water xxx

Good luck Bev and Rae Rae too xx

Hey babycake. Thanks for the suggestion, I'd already considered it but I'd still have nobody to collect my little girl on the late weeks. Even thought about the after school club but that doesn't even finish late enough! It's tough being a working mum!! But thank you to everyone for all your suggestions, means a lot. x

And GOOD LUCK to you Bev and all the other Saturday weighers! Let us know how u get on. x

Thanks guys. I'm up and ready to set off. Very happy to have small visit from the poo fairy too. Can't shake this nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach, why on earth do I work myself up like that?!

Well....here goes nothing *crosses fingers*...

Feeling utterly miserable at the moment. 0.5lbs off, in ELEVEN DAYS!! :confused: I've tried everything, increased my exercise from nothing to 4.5 hours this week (walking and swimming combined) and stuck to plan completely, apart from one flexi-syn day over a week ago!

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I lost 0.5lbs at my previous WI too, so in the last 18 days in total I've lost 1 measly pound! Please don't tell me how much a pound is, I've seen the pictures. I'm 19 stone plus and should be losing considerably more than that! I'm not expecting the world, I'm really not. I'd be happy with 2lbs a week, really happy. It just seems like my weight loss has gone on strike and I don't know what I can do to get it back!

I guess I'm in the middle of * week, so by all rights I'm probably retaining water and next week I should have a big loss again. I'm pretty much guaranteed a decent loss next week, I always get them post-* week, but I'm tired of waiting. Getting sick of trying so hard every day just to get next to nothing back. Sorry for the whining, I do love SW I really do. I just want my losses to come back!

I found the exact same thing happened last time I started exercising, and in the end that's why I quit swimming completely! But I don't want to do that again. Part of being healthy isn't just weight, it's fitness. I don't want to get to target (in 2030 at this rate ;)) and look like a deflated bag, I want to look toned. So despite everything telling me to hold off on the exercise, I'm going to stick at it and see what the scales hold in store next Sat.

----------------------------------------

I've drawn a line under it now, so the rest of this post is all about positivity! It's still a loss and I'm down 5lbs so far this month. Things like this happen in any journey and if anything it makes me more determined to work hard and fight for every pound. I will bloody do this and I WILL be in those 18's for my hols! (poor camel! :p)

My weight loss graph is still looking pretty healthy and I'm on track to hit the 18's some time in early April, so all is good.

febweightlossgraph.JPG

Spoke to Chris earlier (he's working this morning) and he was really supportive. He thinks it'll help if we try and do some active stuff together, so we're booking Badminton for next Saturday morning. That should be pretty fun!

The rest of my Saturday morning I'm going to be blasting out some music and tidying the house, then it's full steam ahead with studying in the afternoon before a relaxing evening and 'treat night' pizza. Reaaallly felt like calling off the treat night, just because of the shitty scale result. But one of the explanations for my teeny loss is a slow metabolism, so I those extra calories might kick it into gear again. It's worked in the past and I've saved the syns, so why not?!

Hope you all have a lovely day xxx

...reading your post hun going to reply in a bit, please don't be down, I know it's hard not to....

Hugs Kay xx
:bighug:

...reading your post hun going to reply in a bit, please don't be down, I know it's hard not to....

Hugs Kay xx
:bighug:

Thanks hun, it's just that initial gutting feeling that gets me. Now I've processed it (as I really was expecting a decent loss) I feel a bit better, it's still crap like, but being down won't make anything better.

I hate how a number on a scale can make me feel happy or sad! xx

Awww sorry to hear you're not happy with your loss... I'm not going to preach because I completely get it and I know I'd be hacked off too... However just a couple of points to consider:-

- * week. notoriously bad for you loss wise.

- exercise. The sudden change from nothing to all this means your body retains water to repair your muscles.

- a few very low days due to you not being hungry. This will mean your body is trying to work out what's happening so the loss probably won't show yet.

- completely different week for you overall with the exercise and * week I'm sure it will show next week.

So that's my two penneth from someone who has been in the same boat and equally frustrated.

Also are you on different scales at the new meeting? They may be 'out' compared to your other scales.

Put it behind you and move on, I see a great loss next week. You must feel so much healthier than you did at the start of your journey and that's something to celebrate. I don't mean any of this to be patronising and i've purposely not said the clichéd half a pound is half a pound because I realise how frustrating it is when you're larger and feel like it will be a never ending journey with those losses but you've been there before and powered through and great results show eventually. Keep it up Bev you're doing wonderfully xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Bev, just been reading the 2nd part of your post and glad that Chris is there with you and has been supportive for you :) . I think there are a few reasons for the 1lb loss but this is just my opinion, but you will know better than anyone how your body works.

You seem to be aware of some of them yourself and I agree star week has probably messed things up a bit this week. I believe its water weight your holding. And I also feel next week will be your big loss week :) .

You've also started to incorporate exercise, when I started exercise after a long gap, my losses slowed down initially. It takes a while for the body to adjust to your new routine. Also I am aware that you are doing some high cal and low cal days to boost your metabolism, I think this works when your not exercising, but the combination of low cal days with exercise will have the opposite effect and slow down your metabolism because your body needs more fuel in order to burn fat while exercising, so you need to eat more to burn more, that's what my personal trainer use to explain to me. So on the days you are exercising make sure you have a decent amount of cals.

I don't think there is anything else, because you are doing everything else and you understand the plan well, have all your superfree with all your meals, drink at least 2L a day, try and eat all your hex's, you know all that stuff already :) .

I'm sure it has more to do with star week and what I mentioned before about exercise and calorie intake. Other than that I did drink a lot of the speed soup the weeks I lost 3.5 and 3 lbs you could give that a try this week if you like, I got that idea from someone else on here to help boost your losses.

I'm glad your drawing a line and hope you enjoy the rest of your Saturday hun. Staying positive for you always. :p

Kay xx

Awww sorry to hear you're not happy with your loss... I'm not going to preach because I completely get it and I know I'd be hacked off too... However just a couple of points to consider:-

- * week. notoriously bad for you loss wise.

- exercise. The sudden change from nothing to all this means your body retains water to repair your muscles.

- a few very low days due to you not being hungry. This will mean your body is trying to work out what's happening so the loss probably won't show yet.

- completely different week for you overall with the exercise and * week I'm sure it will show next week.

So that's my two penneth from someone who has been in the same boat and equally frustrated.

Also are you on different scales at the new meeting? They may be 'out' compared to your other scales.

Put it behind you and move on, I see a great loss next week. You must feel so much healthier than you did at the start of your journey and that's something to celebrate. I don't mean any of this to be patronising and i've purposely not said the clichéd half a pound is half a pound because I realise how frustrating it is when you're larger and feel like it will be a never ending journey with those losses but you've been there before and powered through and great results show eventually. Keep it up Bev you're doing wonderfully xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey hun, thanks for stopping by. You're completely right with all you say. Hadn't thought about the different scale thing either, I guess they might be slightly out. At least from now on if I'm using the same one it'll be a fair result from next week.

I was completely gutted when * week showed up on Thur, although I was hoping by Sat the bloat would've gone down I still don't feel like it has. I've been quite lucky in that I've never weighed in in the middle of * week before, so I didn't really know what to expect.

It's been a weird week for my body, getting up hours earlier than usual, lots of exercise and * week! Gonna try and just carry on as I have been next week and see how things play out. If I don't get a loss, then it'll be time to go back to the drawing board instead and try something new.

Thanks for being so supportive, hope you're having a lovely week off xx

Hey Bev, just been reading the 2nd part of your post and glad that Chris is there with you and has been supportive for you :) . I think there are a few reasons for the 1lb loss but this is just my opinion, but you will know better than anyone how your body works.

You seem to be aware of some of them yourself and I agree star week has probably messed things up a bit this week. I believe its water weight your holding. And I also feel next week will be your big loss week :) .

You've also started to incorporate exercise, when I started exercise after a long gap, my losses slowed down initially. It takes a while for the body to adjust to your new routine. Also I am aware that you are doing some high cal and low cal days to boost your metabolism, I think this works when your not exercising, but the combination of low cal days with exercise will have the opposite effect and slow down your metabolism because your body needs more fuel in order to burn fat while exercising, so you need to eat more to burn more, that's what my personal trainer use to explain to me. So on the days you are exercising make sure you have a decent amount of cals.

I don't think there is anything else, because you are doing everything else and you understand the plan well, have all your superfree with all your meals, drink at least 2L a day, try and eat all your hex's, you know all that stuff already :) .

I'm sure it has more to do with star week and what I mentioned before about exercise and calorie intake. Other than that I did drink a lot of the speed soup the weeks I lost 3.5 and 3 lbs you could give that a try this week if you like, I got that idea from someone else on here to help boost your losses.

I'm glad your drawing a line and hope you enjoy the rest of your Saturday hun. Staying positive for you always. :p

Kay xx

Thanks hun!

I've actually been reading more about the metabolism thing. Found this on livestrong.com which is pretty interesting..

Low Calories Effect

Slight reductions in calorie counts result in slow steady weight loss. Exercise that increases calorie needs results in greater weight loss and better health. Drastically reduced calories send signals to your body that there is not enough food available. Radical diets might result in initial weight loss, but the body soon adapts to the sharp reduction in fuel by shutting down and putting itself in protection mode. Metabolism and energy levels drop and calorie needs drop further. The body further responds by slowing down metabolism and storing any extra calories as fat.

On the days I've been eating 1100 cals and doing an hours swimming, looking at my BMR and calories burnt I've actually had a calorie deficit of around 1850 calories!! Which is absolutely insane!! :eek: Obviously I don't eat like that most days, but still it's way too high.

Also been reading this https://www.fitwatch.com/weight-loss/5-tips-to-avoid-plateaus-and-metabolic-slowdown-647.html article which I've found quite interesting, all about how to stop weight loss plateaus and your metabolism slowing down. The guy who wrote it (looks like he has loads of health/fitness qualifications) actually recommends every 12 weeks that dieters have a week of eating maintenance calories to prevent the metabolism slowing down! Not something I'm prepared to do just yet, but if things continue then I might be giving it a go next week!

It's crazy how many different approaches there are to diet/weight loss. Completely agree with you about the exercise too. I think adding that after a long break is bound to shake things up a bit, especially when coupled with * week. I'll be retaining water like crazy!

Not gonna let it worry me too much, at the end of the day it's still a loss and I should be due for a good one next week once * week ******* off!

Have a lovely weekend hun, hope you feel a bit better. I've been crap at keeping up with diaries this week, will have a proper read of everyone's later/tomorrow.

Right, time for me to tackle the mess that is the living room...it's amazing how much hair cats shed in the couple of days since I last hoovered!

Thanks hun!

I've actually been reading more about the metabolism thing. Found this on livestrong.com which is pretty interesting..

On the days I've been eating 1100 cals and doing an hours swimming, looking at my BMR and calories burnt I've actually had a calorie deficit of around 1850 calories!! Which is absolutely insane!! :eek: Obviously I don't eat like that most days, but still it's way too high.

Also been reading this https://www.fitwatch.com/weight-loss/5-tips-to-avoid-plateaus-and-metabolic-slowdown-647.html article which I've found quite interesting, all about how to stop weight loss plateaus and your metabolism slowing down. The guy who wrote it (looks like he has loads of health/fitness qualifications) actually recommends every 12 weeks that dieters have a week of eating maintenance calories to prevent the metabolism slowing down! Not something I'm prepared to do just yet, but if things continue then I might be giving it a go next week!

It's crazy how many different approaches there are to diet/weight loss. Completely agree with you about the exercise too. I think adding that after a long break is bound to shake things up a bit, especially when coupled with * week. I'll be retaining water like crazy!

Not gonna let it worry me too much, at the end of the day it's still a loss and I should be due for a good one next week once * week ******* off!

Have a lovely weekend hun, hope you feel a bit better. I've been crap at keeping up with diaries this week, will have a proper read of everyone's later/tomorrow.

Right, time for me to tackle the mess that is the living room...it's amazing how much hair cats shed in the couple of days since I last hoovered!

The articles are really interesting :) and point out a lot of true facts, yep there are so many theories to weightloss out there, enough to make anyone dizzy lol :p, it's good for you to take in the info and do what works for you. I hope you have a lovely Saturday hun . I'm sure next week will be your week !

Kay xx

Sorry to hear you didn't lose as much as you'd like. It's gutting when you're doing everything in your power to lose but our bodies just do what they want anyway. Good to see you're not letting it derail you, you'll have a nice big loss waiying for you next week xx

The articles are really interesting :) and point out a lot of true facts, yep there are so many theories to weightloss out there, enough to make anyone dizzy lol :p, it's good for you to take in the info and do what works for you. I hope you have a lovely Saturday hun . I'm sure next week will be your week !

Kay xx

Thanks hun, hopefully it will be both our weeks! Think we're due for a biggie now! xx

It's always disappointing when you've done everything right and get a small loss but I think you've got the right approach. You've had a rant to get it off your chest and you're staying positive. I'll be looking forward to seeing you post next week that you've lost 4lb or something similar xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back