From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

5 STONE! A booby dance coming your way ....

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

a chorus line of booby dancers

Well done Bev - I wanna be like you!!! Send me down some of that will power.

As someone else just said - you were gorgeous before, you are gorgeous now and you will be gorgeous when you are done. You should be so proud of what you have achieved so far and it was done being sensible, calorie counting and fasting - pah! SW is the way for you baby! You took the pressure off yourself and look how well you have done. Keep doing what you are doing - its working babe.

xxx

Hey guyys!! Wow! So many comments to reply to! I'll do that first and then I can go into a full on rant, you've been warned... ;)

Ron - Thanks hun, you're right, I'm always way too hard on myself, but I guess I feel like I have to be. I know if I give in to myself too much I'll just end up back at square one, so although I'm fine with planned treat nights and things, if I feel like the control is slipping I'll be the first to come down on myself like a ton of bricks :rolleyes: Compared to what I'd eat before, you're right though, it's nothing!

Tigger - 22lb this year doesn't sound slow at all, you're doing awesome, especially considering how hard it must be with your work. Give yourself a big pat on the back, it's fantastic!

Elle
- Thanks hunny, hope you had a lovely holiday!

Mrs Ginger - Glad you're starting to feel a bit better now. It's funny but it seems like the more I lose the more I notice how far I have to go still! I know I look loads better than I used to, I'm just hoping the next couple of stone will make a big difference and I'll start feeling better about myself.

BCP - Aww, you are such a sweetie! What a lovely thing to say. It's nice to know we all understand what it's like to feel like this. You've done amazing to turn your life around and what better motivator than for your health and family.

Crazy you still felt this way when you were 7st though, I guess it must be so hard to not see that fat person any more and appreciate yourself for who you are now.

Jody - Thanks for stopping by hunny and for your kind words, I think 90% of weight loss is a mental battle so completely agree.

Mrs Mcgreggor - Woop!! Well done you, that's bloody fantastic. I was always scared everyone would stare at me because I'm big, but in reality no-one gives a monkeys do they? Hope you enjoyed it! What with all this walking I've been neglecting my swimming lately, but hopefully can make some time to go at the weekend. I miss being in the water!

Soph - Thanks hun, still having to pinch myself as to how much I've lost, it almost doesn't feel real if you know what I mean!

I was completely the same at my largest. I was nearly 25st and despite all evidence to the contrary (breaking floorboards, not fitting in chairs etc) I was still in complete denial about my size. It's weird but when I lost a few stone I felt slimmer than I do now, its like the more I lose the more I seem to notice what's left!

It's really sad you still get down about your weight even though you're an 'ideal' BMI. I wonder whether its something that will ever truly go away, maybe it'll just take some adjusting and getting comfortable in your new skin. Mentally you could be still 'catching up' with the changes, definitely agree we need to learn to love ourselves again. In a way this whole process is about becoming comfortable in our own skin and happy with who we are physically, but in order to do that it's such a mental battle.

Sucks about the losses slowing down. Those weeks I was getting 1/2lb over and over I was ready to commit hari kuri, so can feel your pain. On the plus side now you're a healthy BMI I bet even a pound is noticeable, so you'll see those changes a lot quicker! :)

Charley - Nearly missed you off then, just gone back in to edit! Thank you hunny! Awww, you definitely don't want to be like me, I doubt myself more than anything. I think sometimes I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to weight loss as I over think and tweak things to the extreme. Your attitude is fantastic and you are going to do it because I know how much you want it! And yup you're right , CC and fasting just aren't for me, not at this stage anyway. Since I've just stuck to SW I've eaten MORE and lost more so definitely found the right plan for me! xxx

----

Right, rant time! I'm seriously getting sickened off with SW. Not the plan itself, which I absolutely love (save the odd gripe) but the way it works with me having to swap around various groups due to work commitments etc and never getting any real support. I've not even stayed to group for the last 4 weeks or so as I know I'll be moving to another one in a few weeks. I'm just feeling wholeheartedly cheesed off with the fact that I'm paying £5 a week to literally jump on a scale. When I got to the 4st point in my SW journey last week the C didn't even have a certificate. Okay it's not a huge deal, but I stick all the certificates on my fridge to spur me on, so to me it's pretty much all I'm paying for, other than the accountability of a weekly WI.

Anyway, today I found out someone else had been given the biggest loser award at my home group. Even though they lost 1.5 stone LESS than me! Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her. The winner is a lovely girl and has done so well, but I'm still registered at that group and surely by rights should have won, or at least have got an email or something saying well done. I can understand in my absence someone else getting the award, but I just feel completely left out of the whole process. I don't know why I even bother paying the money, what's the point? No certificates and no awards. Hardly a consistent service is it?! I'd be better just getting weighed at Boots and using my fiver to buy the SW magazine or cookbooks!

When I was really struggling a couple of weeks ago with those 1/2lb losses, group wasn't the slightest bit of help to me. You guys were. This site is sooo much more valuable to me than Slimming World, and I don't see why I couldn't succeed without group. I'm not really getting anything from it!

The only problem is I'm scared to leave. I'm scared if I don't have that weekly WI to motivate me I'll slip back into my old ways. I know that sounds ridiculous, because SW is a way of life to me now, but I can't shake that fear. I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to say f*ck it and just WI at Boots, the other part of me dreams about getting to that 13.5st weight loss and appearing on the front of the mag :rolleyes::eek:.

Honestly if I can just do it myself and use the money for the mag, super free and maybe an exercise class or swimming session, surely I'd be better off? I've spoke about it with Chris before and he's really hesitant for me to leave and worried I'd go backwards. I can understand that, but at the same point I don't think I'd be losing anything by giving it a try. If it doesn't work I can just rejoin... It's the second time I've seriously considered this as an option in recent months and in all honesty I just feel myself getting less and less from group and more and more from Mini's! Will have a think on things over the next couple of days and come to a decision...

Last edited:
Bev I think you've answered your own question. You've done so well with no support from group it's you that's achieved the losses and you'll always have support from us here, Chris, your family and friends. Save the £5 a week, buy cook books and the mag then when you get to goal they won't offer you a photo shoot just so they can take the credit for your hard work. You can always book a shoot of your own to reward yourself xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bev I think you've answered your own question. You've done so well with no support from group it's you that's achieved the losses and you'll always have support from us here, Chris, your family and friends. Save the £5 a week, buy cook books and the mag then when you get to goal they won't offer you a photo shoot just so they can take the credit for your hard work. You can always book a shoot of your own to reward yourself xx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree Bev. Obviously it is ultimately your decision, but if you are not getting the support from the group, what ARE you getting out of it?

I had the same with my old group, it was less SW support, more like a mothers meeting. The lady who weighed us all (not the consultant) used to berate me if I gained!! I wouldn't mind but she was bigger than me, one day I asked her how she had done and she said she had gained too!! Cheeky cow! I got nothing out of it other than the sheet humiliation I felt when stepping on the scales in front of someone.

You are so motivated Bev, and you have lots of support elsewhere. On this forum is the place I found most of my favourite recipes - watching how other people use the diet, not the SW cooking books and mags, I often felt they were a waste of time and over time I gained the confidence and knowledge to create my own wonders - that was down to me and my minimins, not the SW class.

Why not just put the £5 in an envelope every week and watch it mount up over the next few months, then you can buy yourself loads of lovely new clobber!!!

I just realised I am encouraging you to stop going to class and I shouldn't really because I know the classes are useful tools and outlets, but if you aren't getting what you need from the classes.....

Hmmm, I think getting weighed at home and posting your results on here would be fine, and you are right, what are you going to lose? If you struggle you can just rejoin so it's no panic really. If I didn't go to the same group every week and get to know all of the lovely members I probably wouldn't have been motivated much by it either! You can just see how you go on your own you won't know til you try. You could save that fiver in a tub each week and buy yourself something nice for each stone you lose? X

Thanks guys, I've made my mind up to leave SW (of course I'll still be doing the diet)! It makes no sense bonging back and forth from various groups all over Sheffield and not getting the benefit from it. I'm basically paying for seeing my weight which is ridiculous.

I'm going to put a few steps in place though to make sure I don't slack off:

1. I'm still not buying a scale, I'll go to Boots (2 mins down the road)for my weekly WI.
2. I'll have a set weigh day every week
3. I'm dragging Chris with me to keep me accountable! (he's agreed to this)
4. If I slack off and don't lose this way I'll rejoin group

If I do seem to be slacking off though feel free to tell me! I'm scared of going completely off plan without group to reign me in. I know in my heart of hearts that won't happen as I want this weight loss so badly, but changes when something is working scares me.

I'll be weighing in on Sat morning this week anyway as planned, so nothing will really change except the price and the venue! xx

---

Week 31, Day 1 - EE
Breakfast- Mixed berries and FF yoghurt
Snack - 1 humbug - 1 syn
Lunch - Ham and tomato sarni on wm roll (hexb) with light mayo - 2 syns
Snack - Banana and 1 small piece of shortbread - 4 syns
Tea - Lloyds sauce (4 syns) with bacon, cheese (hexa) and pasta - 4 syns
Total - 11 syns

Simple food day today, but did well to stay on plan as Chris just found out his annual bonus and celebrations were in order. Rather than planning a foodie celebration we're thinking about a night away in Whitby at the end of the month. Such a NSV as before good news meant we'd have a slap up meal!

For what it's worth, I totally think you've done the right thing by deciding to try it without going to a class. You said yourself that the groups you've been attending lately have given you no support and, in my opinion, that's what you're paying your fiver for so it's better off in your ever-smaller ass pocket! I have no doubt that you will continue to do amazing things, you are doing brilliantly and you are so committed to this journey. Have faith in yourself, my lovely!! xx

Hi CT,

Don't forget, you are the one who has actually lost the weight - not SW! You are the important one in the equation and you are so determined and applied that I know that not going to group is not going to make a slight difference...the only pounds being added on will be added onto your bank account!!

Also, as you say, it's not like you can't go back again! The thing I most miss about going to SW is being able to buy the choc&orange HEB bars. Mmmmm they were yummy!

xx

Sounds like a plan to me regarding weighing in :)

If you begin to falter you can nip it in the bud and head back to SW. If you do great on your own you're saving £s as well as lbs. Win win in my opinion xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Bevvy, just caught up - I think your idea to ditch the SW classes is a great idea, as long as you stick to weighing yourself weekly of course ;) - Are you going to weigh in at Boots at the same time on a Saturday? Are you going to save the £5 that you would use for the SW WI?

I actually don't think you'll go off plan, you've got your head around it and can do it. With not having support from a SW group for the past 4 weeks you've proven that you can do it alone anyway :D and at the end of the day, you've got us lot on Mini's to spure you on.

Keep at it girl, you're doing so well xxx

I know you are scared, but you are so strong and determined, I dont think you give yourself enough credit!! ;)
And as you said- if un a couple of weeks you are feeling you miss the support youcan just go back! If I were you at WI each week I'd put that fiver into a piggy bank and each time you get a new full stone award let yourself empty the piggy bank and buy a nice new outfit!!

I think it is hard to get that support when you are at different groups all the time, and yeah- really sh*tty that they didnt award you biggest loser!! Are you sure it isnt down to percentage lost though?
Anyway- tap out of being reliant on those pieces of paper and tap into realising that each stone award shows all over your body! The biggest reward is all the NSVs in my eyes! Though I do like the little sig stickers ;)
X

I have always done it from home Bev, but I don't think I could have done it if my mum didn't do it too, and she goes to group. She passes on what she knows and I use her books and her log in details to use the iPhone app. I think the fact that you have been going to group so you know the ins and outs of SW will make it so much easier for you to go it alone! I think you're going to be absolutely fine :) xx

Ron - Thanks hun! I think a big part of my trepidation about leaving group is probably lack of faith in myself. I know I've come a long way, but I'm so scared of going back sometimes. Now I've decided on going it alone and it's actually sunk in I feel really empowered by it. For so long I've believed that Slimming World is responsible for my weight loss, but the more I think about it recently I've realised I haven't had any support from SW in over a month and I've managed fine. So really it's just a continuation of that, except I get to save some money too!

MissSophie - Thanks hun, you made a really fantastic point in your post about it being me who lost the weight and not SW. It's funny how for so long I've took the credit away from myself and given it to the diet. Didn't even realise I was doing it until recently! Don't get me wrong SW is a great diet, but in reality its just a way of healthy eating, it's the person doing the diet who should get the credit for success, not the diet itself.

I'm gonna miss the hi-fi bars too! If I get desperate I know Chris works with a girl that's doing it so I can always give her to money for some. I'll need my fix of rocky road from time to time! :D

Mrs Ginger - Yeah, I really think it's win-win. So many people (including yourself) have lost weight successfully without going to a class, so there's no reason I can't do that too. And like you say I can always go back if I feel I need to.

Em - Still so chuffed for you with your 7st award, woop!! Yep I'm gonna be weighing in the same time every week. Once I finish training and start my shifts I work Sat mornings so WI will be on a Sunday, but gonna keep it as Sat for now until I have to change it. Yeah i'm gonna save the fiver each week, doesn't sound like a lot but I'm sure it'll add up, it can go towards my uni wardrobe. Nothing at all will fit me by September (hopefully) so I'll need all the money I can get, Primarni won't know what's hit it!! :)

Soph - Yeah I think that's it, if I was staying to the same group each week it'd be a totally different ball game, but when i'm changing every other week there's no point really. It's just that fear that I'll go back to my old ways that nags at the back of my mind. I guess sooner or later I've got to face up to it though and paying a fiver a week for nothing is driving me crazy (can't ya tell I'm from Yorkshire!), not to mention the sh1tty service I was getting from SW themselves with the certificates etc. You might be right about the biggest loser being % loss, I'm not sure, but either way the girl that won is only a couple of stone lighter than me so I think I'd still have got it... but either way, never mind! At least some good has hopefully come out of it and I'll be losing pounds and saving 'em from now on!:D

Danielle - Thanks hunny. I know loads of people who do it from home and do brilliantly. I honestly lack faith in myself sometimes. I have the app too, but most of the time I end up looking for syn values in google as its so much quicker. Then 9 times out of 10 I get directed to a thread on minis anyway!

----

Phew, hump day is over, this week seems to be flying by!

Had a gorgeous walk home today in the sun, actually felt quite warm and very spring-like. Went to Morrisons to pick up some stuff and ended up eating strawberries and cream (low fat squirty cream for 4 syns I hasten to add!) sat in the garden, bliss! I'm really loving my new routine at the moment, everything feels like its going well atm and I can't remember the last time I've felt this content. I never thought I'd like this job, but I love my new work pals and the hours are brilliant. I'm hoping I'll be able to change my hours in Sept and stay on part time, it'd be nice to have some extra money if I can manage it alongside all my uni work.

Really looking forward to WI this week as I've been feeling STARVING before meals, generally it's a good indicator that I'll get a good weight loss. I'm still a bit nervous after those low loss weeks, but hopefully I've put them behind me now. All this walking must be helping anyway, I'm still keeping it up and doing around 3.5hrs a week, the strangest part is that I actually enjoy it now too. Quite happy with my levels of activity at the moment but I want to get back into the swimming again, just a bit apprehensive about it as it seems to slow my losses down. I might just try going the day after WI and then I've got 6 days for my water retention etc to get back to normal, should be plenty of time. Will give it a try on Sunday morning if I get up in time!

Week 31, Day 2 - Red
Breakfast - Banana
Snack - 1 mint/toffee sweet - 1 syn
Lunch - Ham and tomato sarni on wm bread with light mayo - hexb + 6 syns
Snack - Strawberries and cream (spray nume cream) - 4 syns
Tea - jacket potato (hexb) with cheese (2 x hexa), tuna mayo (4 syns) sweetcorn and side salad - 4 syns
Total - 15 syns

I'm loving my red days lately, this is my 3rd since last WI. I used to find them tough but so long as I used my hexb's wisely its pretty easy. Can't believe I used to have so much trouble using my hexb's, now I'd quite happily use double if I was given the chance!

Anyway study is sadly calling me, hopefully I'll have some time to read more diaries later. Have a lovely evening guys! xxx

I love Red days too....and the extra heb and hea!!

When i was breastfeeding i think i had to have 8 hex a day at one point! Marvellous!!!

Xx

WOW, 8 hexb's sounds amaazzzinngg! Another good reason for me to have a baby! :D

How nice that you are settling into a routine :) It's great that everything is working out for you!

It must be nice to detect patterns like that in your weight loss.

It's such a shame to deprive yourself of swimming when you actually enjoy it and it is doing your body good...I'd say go for it!

Good luck studying!!xx

Red days can be awesome if HEx's are used wisely- I mainly use mine for cereals to kick the sweet cravings though :D I think the more you detox carbs out the less you want then too... I really dont miss them and pasta and white bread used to be my staple diet!!

I gave up on group after 3 attempts because the experience wasmt worth a fiver to me ;) dont worry- I dont think you are being cheap at all! £5 x 52 = £260 a year!! As saod above, YOU got yourself here, the anticipation of the scales wont be decreased without group, you will still yearn to be smaller amd I have you on fb so if I notice you slacking I'll be poking you!! :p
Honestly though, minimins is so great for support, I havent felt I've missed out at all by not bothering with group. Certainly havent missed out on the lack of £300 I would have spent by now!

Hey hun, sorry i've not popped in, i've been away visiting family and eaten my weight in homemade cake :p
I find group a total waste of money, i think i have about 5 books just from the last year alone, because i think i need it, go to one and am just soooo bored that i don't go back because i feel it is a waste of money, so i put the £5 i would have spent into one of those tins you have to open with a can opener (i got mine from the poundshop, such a big spender lol) and it will be for clothes when i get to a point that i feel i want to actually buy decent clothes (as opposed to just a cheap pair of trousers as they won't fit for long)
You've done amazing! :D xx

Had a gorgeous walk home today in the sun, actually felt quite warm and very spring-like. Went to Morrisons to pick up some stuff and ended up eating strawberries and cream (low fat squirty cream for 4 syns I hasten to add!) sat in the garden, bliss! I'm really loving my new routine at the moment, everything feels like its going well atm and I can't remember the last time I've felt this content. I never thought I'd like this job, but I love my new work pals and the hours are brilliant. I'm hoping I'll be able to change my hours in Sept and stay on part time, it'd be nice to have some extra money if I can manage it alongside all my uni work.

Really looking forward to WI this week as I've been feeling STARVING before meals, generally it's a good indicator that I'll get a good weight loss. I'm still a bit nervous after those low loss weeks, but hopefully I've put them behind me now. All this walking must be helping anyway, I'm still keeping it up and doing around 3.5hrs a week, the strangest part is that I actually enjoy it now too. Quite happy with my levels of activity at the moment but I want to get back into the swimming again, just a bit apprehensive about it as it seems to slow my losses down. I might just try going the day after WI and then I've got 6 days for my water retention etc to get back to normal, should be plenty of time. Will give it a try on Sunday morning if I get up in time!

Week 31, Day 2 - Red
Breakfast - Banana
Snack - 1 mint/toffee sweet - 1 syn
Lunch - Ham and tomato sarni on wm bread with light mayo - hexb + 6 syns
Snack - Strawberries and cream (spray nume cream) - 4 syns
Tea - jacket potato (hexb) with cheese (2 x hexa), tuna mayo (4 syns) sweetcorn and side salad - 4 syns
Total - 15 syns

I'm loving my red days lately, this is my 3rd since last WI. I used to find them tough but so long as I used my hexb's wisely its pretty easy. Can't believe I used to have so much trouble using my hexb's, now I'd quite happily use double if I was given the chance!

Anyway study is sadly calling me, hopefully I'll have some time to read more diaries later. Have a lovely evening guys! xxx

Hi Bev :p,

Firstly I want to thank you for your lovely words of support to me on my diary, I really appreciate it .:) You really know how to pick me up when I'm down, thanks so much hun :thankyou:.

Just catching up on your diary now. Well done for going solo, there's no point in attending group if you feel you are not getting the right support. So nice of Chris to go with you to Boots for your weekly weigh in :) . I've noticed your doing a lot of red days which sound really fab. I think part of the reason for my blow out too was I was getting a bit bored. I think I might do red from next week too for a change and join you :p . Well done on all the walking you've been doing, it helps when the weather is nice too :cool:. Wow strawberries and cream sounds lush ! well worth the low syn squirty cream :D . It's a shame about the swimming because I know you enjoy it a lot. It's strange that with some exercises our bodies hold onto water more, maybe its that. Keep it going though a few times a week if your enjoying it, all exercise is good, especially swimming for tonning up. :)

I'm so happy your loving your new routine with work and your work mates, its a hard combo to find :) your very lucky, most people either like their job but can't stand their work mates or vice versa lol :p . You sound like your in a strong frame of mind with work and I think that positivity will overflow into your weightloss journey. I've learnt how important that is this week, its not just a physical journey but a mental one. It's so important to have our head in the right place in order to succeed on our weightloss plan. I'm also feeling very positive this week for you hun. You had a smashing week last week and I think the big losses will continue, your also getting those hungry signs too which is a clue :D . Got my fingers crossed for you for Saturday :fingerscrossed: :p . Hope you have a smashing day on plan today ! :)

Hugs Kay xx

Back