From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Completely agree Von and Jemima, it's crazy how you're invisible when you're big and how that changes as we lose weight. I never realised I'd been treated any differently before but clearly I was! Amazing all these little things we discover as we lose weight.

I feel absolutely exhausted today, I just want to curl up in bed. Managed to book Tue off work as a last minute hol for revision, hopefully it'll help me to catch up with things.

It makes you mad really....we're the same people no matter what size but I know for a fact that SOME men don't notice us unless we fit in to their 'fanciable' catergory', I started a thread about this the other day actually as I bumped in to an old friend of my brothers who totally ignored me but spoke to my Mum, I know if I'd walked around that corner a size 10 he would have spoke to me!! It's so annoying!!:rolleyes: Anyway good luck with revision, then I hope you get a nice rest x

Thanks Jemima, on the plus side at least we know how to spot the superficial people now. I'm kinda glad in a way that Chris loved me when I was big so at least I know he loves me for me if that makes sense. I guess its only going to get more noticeable with the more weight we lose, but hopefully I'll get more comfortable with it as time goes by, just feels really unnerving atm.

----

Quick foody update:

Saturday 17th May - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Snack - grapes
Lunch - Jacket potato (hexb) with cheese (2 x hexa) and ham salad - 5 syns
Snack - blueberries and muller
Tea - Red pepper and lentil soup
Total - 5 syns

For some reason I'm bleedin' starving today, hence eating more than I usually do pre-wi. Ah well, pretty much expecting a gain anyway tomorrow, but on the plus side at least the PF has come this afternoon. Trying not to get stressed about WI but I've only ever gained once since I started this journey so I know it'll be pretty gutting... Anyway I'll stop harping on about it, I'll be so happy when tomorrow is all done and I know where I am!

Thanks ladies!

I was so surprised today as I lost a pound, that's amazing after a weeks all inclusive and at least 10 days in total 'off plan'!!! Feeling really proud of myself, shows I don't just revert to the old Bev when I loosen the reigns a bit. To be fair the hotel food wasn't great but I could have eaten so much more crap than I did. Makes it all worthwhile now when I get to see a loss rather than a massive gain.

Although it's only a pound its a really important one as it puts me at exactly the HALFWAY POINT for my initial 12 stone target. It only seems like a minute ago when I was starting and the prospect of losing 12-14st seemed incredibly daunting. To be fair the thought I've still got 6 stone off left to lose feels crazy, but when you break it down into day to day life it's amazing what we can achieve!

Just sitting in the garden atm in the sun eating my breakfast. I'm wearing a strappy top with no jumper - a big no no for me until a couple of months ago as I hated my arms. I'm sat in a chair that used to dig into my thighs and now has loads of gap and you know what, I just can't stop smiling! :) I'm so glad I found Slimming World and Mini's, it really has changed my life! :)

---

Anyway back to today! Off plan naughty-ish tea tonight for my weekly treat. Gonna be over on the syns today but will keep it light for the next few days. As for next weigh in I was going to do a fortnightly one again for the 1st June so I get my monthly total for May, but I might weigh in next Sunday too... I'm only 2lbs away from my 6.5st award now and I really want it. Will see how I feel towards the end of next week, don't want to pile on any extra weigh in pressure when I've got all this exam stress! Speaking of which I'll quickly update my stats and then I'm off to revise. Might try doing it in the garden for a bit as its too nice to be cooped up inside today. It'd better not start raining in June when my exam is over, I'm missing out on all these BBQ's and sunny afternoons!

Have a great day everyone and make the most of the sun for me! xxx

Well done on your pound off - great you can still lose despite holiday and being off plan xx

That's fantastic news so pleased for you. I think it's an important part of maintenance (when we get there) to realise how to loosen the reigns without falling off the wagon completely! Here's to your next 6 stone im so glad you're enjoying your summer much happier than last year! Woohoo for minis xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Jemima, on the plus side at least we know how to spot the superficial people now. I'm kinda glad in a way that Chris loved me when I was big so at least I know he loves me for me if that makes sense. I guess its only going to get more noticeable with the more weight we lose, but hopefully I'll get more comfortable with it as time goes by, just feels really unnerving atm.

Quick foody update:

Saturday 17th May - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Snack - grapes
Lunch - Jacket potato (hexb) with cheese (2 x hexa) and ham salad - 5 syns
Snack - blueberries and muller
Tea - Red pepper and lentil soup
Total - 5 syns

For some reason I'm bleedin' starving today, hence eating more than I usually do pre-wi. Ah well, pretty much expecting a gain anyway tomorrow, but on the plus side at least the PF has come this afternoon. Trying not to get stressed about WI but I've only ever gained once since I started this journey so I know it'll be pretty gutting... Anyway I'll stop harping on about it, I'll be so happy when tomorrow is all done and I know where I am!

We sure do know who they are!! and yes it's great to know we were loved by our OH before so will be after, bless em. It will take time to get used to for you but try to enjoy it, you have worked hard and as your body changes be proud and ignore any pervs!! I don't need to worry about this at the mo as I'm a lot longer away from that than you are!! I'm not expecting a great loss tomorrow as it's my time of the month so I feel a bit bloated, but never mind every little helps!!

So glad you lost, that's incredible after a holiday and proves how much you have changed!! You are doing amazingly well, enjoy the sun xx

Yay ! :p Well done Bev, so happy for you hun ! and u were expecting a gain lol. Amazing to have lost after a holiday, only u could do that :D. Hope you have a smashing week ahead and good luck with your studies, I hope all goes well for you :) xx

Thanks lovely ladies, I'm so happy! Been dreading facing a gain all week so its nice to know I've done better than I expected. I need to remember these times when I'm unhappy with the speed of my weight loss. I might not get the big numbers every week, but at least its consistent. Can't believe I've lost over Christmas and my holiday now, madness!

Having a study afternoon again but feeling in such a good mood I don't really mind. Plus some of it is pretty interesting too, I'm learning all about the nervous system at the minute and MS. Chris's Dad has MS so it's really interesting for me to understand it a bit more, such a misunderstood condition.

Decided against WI next weekend, the last thing I need is more WI pressure and I don't want to be disappointed if I don't get my next award. Gonna stick with the fortnightly WI instead and I should hopefully smash through my 6.5st award by then, 2lb in 2 weeks is more than achievable!

Just popped in to update my foodage, it's a mega high syn EE day today, but back on red after that for the next few days!

Sunday 18th May - EE
Breakfast - Cereal and teeny bit of milk - hexb + 3 syns
Lunch - Jacket potato with cheese (hexa), tuna mayo (4 syns) sweetcorn and side salad with olives (2 syns) - 6 syns
Snack - 1/2 banana, grapes
Tea - Home made meat balls in tomato basil sauce (9 syns) with cheese (6 syns) and garlic bread (3 syns - only ate 1/2 a slice) - 18 syns
Total - 27 syns

Not stressing about the synage, normally I don't count syns on my treat meal anyway, but it's interesting to see just how many syns are in something that old Bev wouldn't even think of as a 'bad' meal! Calories wise if you convert those extra syns it only works out as 580 cals over, which obviously isn't great if you're doing it every day, but doesn't seem bad for my sole treat meal. I think sometimes syns don't really show the full picture. I mean I could eat the same cals in 6 mullers and it'd be totally 'free'. Anyway don't worry I'm not 'going there' when it comes to cals as that really screwed me up back in Feb!

Well more study is calling, I really should stop procrastinating on here and FB! xx7

Edit:
Tea was yum but was too full for garlic bread and only ate half a slice, so on 27 syns for the day which isn't too bad at all :)

Last edited:
Oooh I know what I meant to tell you. We're booking another holiday!! :D

Only a mini-break, but booking Bruge for Chris's birthday in Feb, the flights are a bargain atm and its somewhere we've always wanted to go. Really excited as you know me and my love of travelling. So that's Ireland, Belgium and the honeymoon to look forward to! I really hope by Bruges time in 8 months I'm starting to actually look like a slim person, that'd be amazing. Anyway roll on pay day so we can get it booked! :D

Thanks ladies! I was so surprised today as I lost a pound, that's amazing after a weeks all inclusive and at least 10 days in total 'off plan'!!! Feeling really proud of myself, shows I don't just revert to the old Bev when I loosen the reigns a bit. To be fair the hotel food wasn't great but I could have eaten so much more crap than I did. Makes it all worthwhile now when I get to see a loss rather than a massive gain. Although it's only a pound its a really important one as it puts me at exactly the HALFWAY POINT for my initial 12 stone target. It only seems like a minute ago when I was starting and the prospect of losing 12-14st seemed incredibly daunting. To be fair the thought I've still got 6 stone off left to lose feels crazy, but when you break it down into day to day life it's amazing what we can achieve! Just sitting in the garden atm in the sun eating my breakfast. I'm wearing a strappy top with no jumper - a big no no for me until a couple of months ago as I hated my arms. I'm sat in a chair that used to dig into my thighs and now has loads of gap and you know what, I just can't stop smiling! :) I'm so glad I found Slimming World and Mini's, it really has changed my life! :) --- Anyway back to today! Off plan naughty-ish tea tonight for my weekly treat. Gonna be over on the syns today but will keep it light for the next few days. As for next weigh in I was going to do a fortnightly one again for the 1st June so I get my monthly total for May, but I might weigh in next Sunday too... I'm only 2lbs away from my 6.5st award now and I really want it. Will see how I feel towards the end of next week, don't want to pile on any extra weigh in pressure when I've got all this exam stress! Speaking of which I'll quickly update my stats and then I'm off to revise. Might try doing it in the garden for a bit as its too nice to be cooped up inside today. It'd better not start raining in June when my exam is over, I'm missing out on all these BBQ's and sunny afternoons! Have a great day everyone and make the most of the sun for me! xxx

Whoo hoo
What a star well done , sooooo pleased for you ,
And the NSV of the garden chair brilliant feeling :)
And you flash them arms girl ,

I'm so proud of you , xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bev so happy for you. You must be thrilled with your weigh in result. It is fantastic especially after been on holidays :) xx

Well done on the loss this week! Hope the revision is going well too and I'm jealous of all your trips!

Back